Welcome to Gaia! ::

emotion_facepalm
So i sent an email to whatsapp support, stating that i received a verification link without requesting one ("for no apparent reason" ) and the answer starts with "Sorry to hear you are having problems verifying".

I see we still need to invest in some R&D until computers actually understand written text instead of just looking for keywords ...
Scriptkitten
MyNameIsKir
Scriptkitten
How does one rig a motion detector+surveillance camera and somehow record it? I keep having s**t stolen from me and no one will do anything without "proof". So proof I shall obtain, damnit.

Is it bad that my first thought was "I could make that in no time with a tessel"?

But probably cheaper and easier than trying to catch the culprit is avoiding the theft in the first place.
Easier said than done. He sneaks into my room when I'm at work, we all know it's him, he has stolen hundreds of dollars from everyone here, and now has taken to stealing things other than cash. Namely some limited-edition Yu-Gi-Oh cards. Like, my whole playing deck is gone and so are select cards from my binder. The majority of them were gifts, so that hurts even more. Probably 50+ cards gone. Of course my parents won't do anything without proof (never mind the double standards running rampant here. If I pulled this s**t as a kid I wouldn't have lived to tell the tale). So since they can't punish their only precious son and I'm not allowed to mop the floor with him myself, proof they shall receive.

Again. Security. Door lock. Door alarm. Pick one.

Though as a tournament judge and hit and run gamer for Magic: The Gathering, I can't respect your loss of Yugioh stuff. The second tournament I ever volunteered for was at the Seattle Center, under the Space Needle. It was just a small thing with a few hundred people. Next door to us was a Yugioh one, with about half of the people, but I spent my breaks in their tournament room, watching and laughing at the chaos, disorganization, and inability of those judges to function. They had 30 minutes turnover from round end each round! The only time I've ever seen anything close to that in a Magic tournament was when the power went out in LA, at a tournament of a few thousand, and that was just for one round. And considering the major flaws that Wizards of the Coast refuses to rectify, making trumping us painfully easy, it's pathetic that the Yugioh guys can't even come close.

Everyday Cat

MyNameIsKir
Scriptkitten
MyNameIsKir
Scriptkitten
How does one rig a motion detector+surveillance camera and somehow record it? I keep having s**t stolen from me and no one will do anything without "proof". So proof I shall obtain, damnit.

Is it bad that my first thought was "I could make that in no time with a tessel"?

But probably cheaper and easier than trying to catch the culprit is avoiding the theft in the first place.
Easier said than done. He sneaks into my room when I'm at work, we all know it's him, he has stolen hundreds of dollars from everyone here, and now has taken to stealing things other than cash. Namely some limited-edition Yu-Gi-Oh cards. Like, my whole playing deck is gone and so are select cards from my binder. The majority of them were gifts, so that hurts even more. Probably 50+ cards gone. Of course my parents won't do anything without proof (never mind the double standards running rampant here. If I pulled this s**t as a kid I wouldn't have lived to tell the tale). So since they can't punish their only precious son and I'm not allowed to mop the floor with him myself, proof they shall receive.

Though as a tournament judge and hit and run gamer for Magic: The Gathering, I can't respect your loss of Yugioh stuff. The second tournament I ever volunteered for was at the Seattle Center, under the Space Needle. It was just a small thing with a few hundred people. Next door to us was a Yugioh one, with about half of the people, but I spent my breaks in their tournament room, watching and laughing at the chaos, disorganization, and inability of those judges to function. They had 30 minutes turnover from round end each round! The only time I've ever seen anything close to that in a Magic tournament was when the power went out in LA, at a tournament of a few thousand, and that was just for one round. And considering the major flaws that Wizards of the Coast refuses to rectify, making trumping us painfully easy, it's pathetic that the Yugioh guys can't even come close.
I've never played in any formal tournaments, but I've played against a lot of people... I can't wrap my head around why it would be so hard for them to organize themselves O_o

I tried to learn Magic several times. Many people tried to teach me. I'm not sure how, but it seems a whole lot harder than any other game I've tried to learn and in the end I just couldn't get it .___. All these colors and dice and what? This talk of cards makes me yearn for my younger days. All the people I was friends with and played with in high school are now long gone.

On the upside (and totally unrelated), I might be able to get a computer soon. My dad finally permitted my sister to have one, he just needs to fix the broken laptop screen first. Maybe I have a chance too. But finding an internet provider is going to be a pain.
Scriptkitten
MyNameIsKir
Scriptkitten
MyNameIsKir
Scriptkitten

I've never played in any formal tournaments, but I've played against a lot of people... I can't wrap my head around why it would be so hard for them to organize themselves O_o

I tried to learn Magic several times. Many people tried to teach me. I'm not sure how, but it seems a whole lot harder than any other game I've tried to learn and in the end I just couldn't get it .___. All these colors and dice and what? This talk of cards makes me yearn for my younger days. All the people I was friends with and played with in high school are now long gone.

On the upside (and totally unrelated), I might be able to get a computer soon. My dad finally permitted my sister to have one, he just needs to fix the broken laptop screen first. Maybe I have a chance too. But finding an internet provider is going to be a pain.

The dice are just things that players personally like to use for the sake of reminders, indicating modifications to the cards, life points, etc. They aren't actually part of the game. The game is very simple until you run into a tournament setting (where competitive players attempt to break the game, causing the need for rules) or into a format called "Commander" or "EDH" (created by the nerds such as myself who memorized that 200 page rulebook). Hell, I get into conventions free if I just spend some time demoing Magic. At the last one I went to, Pax Prime/West, I lost count at having taught 87 people how to play.

But the easiest way to learn to play is Duels of the Planeswalkers. If you're interested, get the 2014 version, not 2015, and do not get it on android because the android version ends up being like $50 after you buy into all the features... that come as part of all the other versions.

But something tells me that if you do indeed go into the card game nostalgia kick you seem to be implying a desire for you're more likely to play hearthstone, which is just as easy of a game.

Also you've been able to get a computer this entire time. Hell, Daeken wanted to buy you one. You are the master of your own life.
Scriptkitten
MyNameIsKir
Scriptkitten

Webcam + iSpy?
I set this up as work after I suspected the cleaners of stealing iPhones off my desk. Never caught the bastards. sad
Welcome to the new year, maybe it be at least as good as the old.

Hallowed Lunatic

13,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Elocutionist 200
How do you stop your idiot older sibling from giving you jibes and nasty comments at every single opportunity? Preferably methods that don't involve blood. I'm sick and tired of having to be the one that ignores them and this is one of the major reasons I was reluctant to go on this holiday in the first place.
Lanackse-Kanvae
How do you stop your idiot older sibling from giving you jibes and nasty comments at every single opportunity? Preferably methods that don't involve blood. I'm sick and tired of having to be the one that ignores them and this is one of the major reasons I was reluctant to go on this holiday in the first place.

Limit them to boring and repetitive jibes comments.
so become boring and repetitive?

but then who's life should I then follow to keep me entertained?

Dedicated Man-Lover

10,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
Lanackse-Kanvae
Do the same thing back.

Or put Ex-Lax in their tea.

Everyday Cat

Slutty_Eddie
Scriptkitten
The cheapest / low tech security would be to head to Harbor Freight and get a camera set for $35. Go to the thrift store and get an old VCR, then get a few 8 hour tapes.

If no one is going to be there, then it's quick to fast forward through a VCR tape everyday.

Apparently he sold the stolen goods some time ago, so there's no hope of ever getting any of it back. I can only hope he gets arrested sooner rather than later. He's only going to keep stealing bigger and more valuable things if no one does anything about it, and I'm powerless in this house.

Speaking of being powerless, I ******** hate Lollipop. Uses so much battery my phone will not survive more than a few hours without a charging. It even turns itself off once the power runs out... while plugged in. gonk
I kind of want to do a factory reset, but I highly doubt I'll be lucky enough to have Kit Kat again once it boots up. My phone is damn near unusable currently. It's especially bad if I'm supposed to be tethering it to shiny new toys in the near future. >__>;

Edit: halp I think I broke it. Any factory reset efforts still leave me with lollipop, and the battery won't let the phone stay on for more than a few minutes. I can't find anything about a warranty on here and their return policy only allows 15 days. I can't even call customer service since well I kind of need a phone for that crying
Do you think a T-mo SIM card will work on an old sprint blackberry I have? I will need some temporary replacement since this phone is borked.
It seems the Opera version i'm using finally reached the end of it's support. I have yet to find a viable alternative.

Edit: Or maybe it didn't reach EOL yet. Then why did the reminder to install the new version (which installed the previous version) come up?
Switched from Windows 10 Technical Preview to Linux Mint 17.1 Cinnamon today. Very snappy.

Everyday Cat

Ksjhciaoahdjjjf OMG YOU GUYS

My dad randomly gave my computer back today
; w ;

I still lack the wireless card so no net on it yet (and I'm not going to push my luck by asking for that back), and I may or may not have to replace the HDD (it was making funny sounds four years ago when I lost it...), but I can only hope it still runs otherwise. I won't have time to hook everything up until tonight but omg.
Scriptkitten

; w ;

I still lack the wireless card so no net on it yet (and I'm not going to push my luck by asking for that back), and I may or may not have to replace the HDD (it was making funny sounds four years ago when I lost it...), but I can only hope it still runs otherwise. I won't have time to hook everything up until tonight but omg.
Wait, what? Why did he have your computer in the first place?

Everyday Cat

The20
Scriptkitten

; w ;

Wait, what? Why did he have your computer in the first place?
I don't like to talk about it.

Edit: The good news is that it still boots. The bad news is I have no net, so no antivirus. Also there appears to be a sleeping cat in my chair, so I can't be at the desk... *sigh*

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff