Welcome to Gaia! ::

Vampire

I wish I still had my childish imagination.
I could never play with my toys now... It would just feel forced.
I even feel silly posing my Pullips for pictures.

Perfectionist

14,400 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
User Image

All my hobbies consist of toys, dolls especially. I attend doll conventions/meets every year.
My mom & grandma are antique doll dealers, collectors & repairers so I've always been surrounded by dolls.
The same goes for unique toys, both vintage & new.

In fact, I've started my own business based on my love for dolls & toys.
There's absolutely nothing wrong with extending a hobby to your later years.
I'm 27 years old & I can proudly say that I've been a doll & toy collector my entire life.
i used to never collect toys, now that i am older i collect anything that i find cute. it's silly, but i enjoy it.

IRL Conventioneer

17,450 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
I still play with action figures once in while just like Rick Moranis as Dark Helmet.
Unfortunately I don't have the energy to play outdoor games like NERF with my young nieces, and nephews.

Shameless Loiterer

13,750 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Champion 300
Being an adult can be stressful or dull. Finding joy in childish things, like playing with toys, can help relieve some of that stress and make life enjoyable. I see nothing wrong with it as long as you maintain a proper balance between your adult responsibilities and your childishness. It's just like any other hobby really.

I still watch cartoons and play with toys, but I also put paying for rent and food before buying dolls.

Aged Conventioneer

11,050 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Signature Look 250
Being an adult is stressful and exhausting. Work, bills, raising children, politics, worrying about health, watching your parents grow old and family you love pass away.

Everybody needs a break, even if it's going back to doing something you loved as a kid like playing with legos or dolls.

Anybody who looks down on somebody for enjoying the occasional toy is a heartless a*****e.

Wheezing Smoker

3,550 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
10_Ace_of_Spades
Anyone over 18 who still love to play and be a child at heart? I'm 20 years old and I got a kids meal at McDonads and after eating I started playing the toy, which caused a lot of strange looks my way. I miss being a kid, when you could do childish things and have no one care.

I agree, I still play with lego and g.i joes when i get bored, hahaha.

Interesting Conversationalist

10,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Contributor 150
I still collect toys all the time. I don't necessarily play with them like a child would but I use them for art references, sit them out on display, maybe mess with them a little bit.

Fashionable Lunatic

â„œinny says: I'm almost 22 and I play with toys.

Demonic Shapeshifter

11,450 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Trick or Treat 100
I am 23, I collect disney books from op shops...and I collect Monster High Dolls.

I feel no shame in walking down the doll aisle in toy stores, nor when I go to the counter and a op shop with a pile of Disney books. smile

I don't so much play with the dolls, its a more collect and admire them thing smile

I am 24, my sister is almost 22.... this is a video of us playing with a toy we saw in a shop and couldn't resist.

.... we cannot get over how many views such a simple video has got though... we just wanted to show our friends.

Wistful Seeker

26,400 Points
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Interstellar Fixer 25
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
I'm in my late 30s and I sometimes buy myself a toy (usually a plush animal.) Have Nerf dart guns and had to buy extra so my son could play too, instead of just getting shot at. Love embarrassing my son by running up and down the toy aisles pushing buttons! lol My mom is in her 60s and sometimes buys herself a kids' meal because she like the toy. Every few years I buy my parents and my older sister toys for Christmas. Who wants to just get appliances, clothes, gift cards, etc?

Sparkly Fatcat

im 19 and still buy a lot of them~ >w< mostly stuffed toys, anime figures, hot toys figures, and bjds >w<
10_Ace_of_Spades
Anyone over 18 who still love to play and be a child at heart? I'm 20 years old and I got a kids meal at McDonads and after eating I started playing the toy, which caused a lot of strange looks my way. I miss being a kid, when you could do childish things and have no one care.

You realize.... you can just BUY the TOY right?
no need to actually eat that garbage

Dangerous Poster

15,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
I Know one 23 years old man playing Computer/Video games in nighttime in this forum(Sometimes saying stupid things what dont makes sense)......OH WAIT sweatdrop thats me.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff