Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tektek Contest
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Summery: The reason behind my TekTek is the one summer night, you will fall in love. A nice slow song to dance under the stars. Knowing dancing to those who you love with the lovely song playing on your radio. Imagine You and her, out in a romantic scene where no one around. A perfect Summer night.

To me summer means fresh fruits and vegetables and time spent with family in the garden. My parents have always had a garden and every summer when I go over to visit I end up helping to harvest whatever happens to be ready and we have things like fresh lettuce for our dinner salad or fresh table salsa made out of their tomatoes, onions, peppers, and cilantro. I love all sorts of vegetables so I always look forward to summer when things start to grow. I like walking into the garden and smelling all of the green growing things, fragrant in the heat. It's fun taking the weeds and the bits of produce that have either gone over ripe or been ruined by bugs and feeding it to the chickens too. There's something for everyone in there, the cat gets the mice, the dogs get bits of carrots and apples (and one steals the mice from the cat), the chickens get the scraps, and we get to enjoy spending time together and eating something that has been grown by our own hands.

The Description is Fun in the shark infested waters...The Sharks were full.
Deep Thinking Contest
1. Answer you with a question for a question. where do we draw a line in art?
The reality to this answer is that art mean something different to everyone. To me a picture of the whole family together is art, or a picture of a friend standing on a wheel chair. It took a creative mind to roll around in a hospital chair, took a more creative mind to just snap a picture.

What about chairs. Someone had to sit down and create plans for the chair. In fact, the screen you watching, the chair your sitting and the clothes your wearing, all of these things didn't just appear. Someone had to use their imagination to create it. Everything we see, use and feel is art. Art is something that we create out of nothing. Remember that line from before, so where do we put that line to determine what is art and what is not? I ask you, do we even need to draw a line?

2. Art is a way of expressing the inner, to the outter world. It's our outlet, our catharsis; humans are the only mammals to create art, and have done so for centuries. A millenia ago our ancestors felt the need to leave hand prints painted in rock, to say 'i was here, i existed.' Today, art has become more about expression, about letting our internal view of the world out. Hopefully, we say something in the process, but not all art is about politics or a message, sometimes it's for fun, or practice; to hone a skill, because art is a skill.

To me, art is about getting the internal mess of my own subconscious, and consciousness out on paper so I don't implode in a mass of emotions, its about catharsis mostly, about release. I do artwork of all forms, its my way of expressing myself; creating jewelry I'd like to wear, or knitting a present for a family member. I paint for myself, I draw for myself, I alter my shirts so I feel more comfortable inside and out, art is the same. It is my outlet, my inlet, a way to see through others vision's and find comfort in my own turmoil. Art is...art is so many things.

3. Over the years of my life, I have come to realise that art means a great deal to me, emotionally and physically – it is my comfort, it is my pride, it is my happiness, it is my sadness, it is my main source of motivation and it is much more. Why, you might ask? My ideas are further explored, honestly, in the words below.

I believe that I may have, and might still be suffering from depression. I never found it in myself to express this to somebody other than my art – I drew and I drew and I drew and cried my eyes out with equally as much fervour. In this way, art comforted me and helped me to realise that there are many other out there who are just like me, who feel that same empty void in their hearts and minds. But it also multiplied the amount of sadness I felt and made me realise how pathetic of a life I lead.

Slight as it may be, I can see my improvement in art over the years that I have been drawing – I have watched my art evolve from a mere stick figure into something beautiful, almost like a blooming flower. I accept the fact that my art is not as beautiful as it can be and understand that there is a lot of improvement to be made in many ways. But I am still proud of my work; proud of the effort and time that I put into a piece of art and I couldn’t care less what others think. In this way, art is my pride and is also my happiness: I enjoy showing my work to others, showing them my improvements, my trials and errors.

And finally, art is my motivation. I am motivated to become great at drawing and achieving this will surely help me to be more motivated to achieve anything and everything else in my life. I set goals up for myself, declare myself rivals with other artists and cannot, and will not, be satisfied until my goal is kicked down. Art motivates me in every way possible.

To many, the words that I have typed out are mere folly - poppy c**k and emotional rubbish. But I would not be able to write nearly 400 words on something that is poppy c**k in under 5 minutes if it were not something that I believed truly important to my life – the words would not have sprung to mind immediately if it were something that were not important to me. This is my proof that art means a lot to me – art is what makes up the majority of my life.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff