██████████ x▌█████ █████ ████ ██ █████

Beloved Hunter

5,125 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Brandisher 100
  • Popular Thread 100
█████ ██ ████ █████ █████ ▌██████████

Contestants & Entries

o1. Amoeba Dreamer - Accidental Landing on Another World
                                o2. youknowimaidiot - Left in Time
                                o3. huskies4EVER - Lost Lapses
                                o4. caibutterfly1689 - The Experiment
                                o5. Contestant - Entry
                                o6. Contestant - Entry
                                o7. Contestant - Entry
                                o8. Contestant - Entry
                                o9. Contestant - Entry
                                1o. Contestant - Entry
                                11. Contestant - Entry
                                12. Contestant - Entry

|| contest thread ||

Beloved Hunter

5,125 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Brandisher 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Results & Winners

Round One ;; Top Eight Entries

o1. Contestant - Entry
                                o2. Contestant - Entry
                                o3. Contestant - Entry
                                o4. Contestant - Entry
                                o5. Contestant - Entry
                                o6. Contestant - Entry
                                o7. Contestant - Entry
                                o8. Contestant - Entry

Round Two ;; Top Four Entries

o1. Contestant - Entry
                                o2. Contestant - Entry
                                o3. Contestant - Entry
                                o4. Contestant - Entry

Round Three ;; Top Two Entries

o1. Contestant - Entry
                                o2. Contestant - Entry

Finals Winner -

|| contest thread ||

Beloved Hunter

5,125 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Brandisher 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Points System Per Round

Round One - A Twist In Time - Science Fiction

Originality - /10
Grammar, Spelling, Punctuation - /10
Use Of Prompt - /5
Explanation Of Time Travel Concept - /3
Bonus Points - /2

Round Two - Title - Genre

Originality - /10
Use Of Prompt - /5
Points Specific To Round - /3
Bonus Points - /2

Round Three - Title - Genre

Originality - /10
Use Of Prompt - /5
Bonus Points - /2

Round Four - Title - Genre

Originality - /10
Use Of Prompt - /5
Bonus Points - /2

|| contest thread ||

Beloved Hunter

5,125 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Brandisher 100
  • Popular Thread 100

RESERVED

|| contest thread ||

Beloved Hunter

5,125 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Brandisher 100
  • Popular Thread 100

ROUND ONE - A TWIST IN TIME - CLOSES JULY 20

|| contest thread ||

Beloved Hunter

5,125 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Brandisher 100
  • Popular Thread 100
Username: C a r a h R o s e
Story Title: Of Purple Aliens and Flamethrowers
Prompts Used: o1, o2, o3
Story Length: 910 words
Entry:
A smoky haze clogged the air, sending Goosebumps trailing down my arms. I could not focus on that at the moment though, no, I had to watch carefully, to pay careful attention to my surrounds. Or I could be gone. Just. Like. That. Bryce, my partner, backed further into my back, rasping in a husky tone, “Man, where did they go?! They were here five seconds ago.” I was about to respond before something slid through my view quickly.

“THERE!” I yelled, hoisting my flamethrower up and pulling the trigger, allowing flames to spew out, across the area the thing was. Bryce let out a war cry, sending his flamethrower alight. I stopped immediately though, when I saw it, the ship launched into the sky, leaving a violet trail as it passed. “THEY’RE COMING!”

Bryce sprinted from my back, taking hold of Hailey who stood frozen on the spot and dropping to the ground, her body protected with his. I followed suit, dropping to the ground, just as a violet beam shot overhead. I jumped back up on my feet just as one of the things came to jump at me. I kicked out a leg, hitting the thing in the upper chest. It stumbled back a bit, before its’ slimy dusty gray fingers wrapped around my ankle, sending painful shocks through my body. I screamed, using my other foot to jump up.

Using momentum, I managed to get myself on the things shoulders, and snapped its’ neck. I knew that wouldn’t be the end of it though, so I flipped off, and grabbed my flamethrower which I had abandoned on the ground, and let it blast the thing. The thing screeched a high pitched death cry, falling to the ground, bleeding a deep indigo acid.

The thing continued dying as I ran past it, knocking it once more with my flamethrower. "Keep your eyes down, men!" Bryce yelled, just as a bright magenta struck through the sky. My eyes burnt beneath my eyelids, as I stared down the ground through closed eyes. The color was vibrant and persistent, taunting me, daring me to open my eyes. A cry, Hailey’s rang through the air, as she opened her eyes to the sight. “HAILEY!” Bryce cried, but did nothing, and soon she fell to the ground, lifeless, as the color faded.

Just as I looked up, it jumped at me, taking a deep bite in my upper arm. I screamed, using a nearby building and slamming my arm into it, the thing in the middle. The thing screeched, jumping up and pouncing at me. Taking my flamethrower, I let a steady breath of fire shoot out at the thing. Its’ eyes flashed between neon shades of purple, before settling on a dark violet, nearly black, and turning lifeless.

Turning away from the thing, I ran catching a thing with the butt of my flamethrower just as it pounced at Bryce. “Thanks, man.” He thanked, not looking at me, but continuing fighting the two things he had. I took the thing’s head in my hands, my fingers tingling and twisting it, watching it lopside, then kicked its’ leg. The thing stumbled back, before regaining composure and leaping forward.

I step-sided it just in time, it landed the place I was previously and I pushed it to the ground, kneeling on its’ back. Then I took my flamethrower and released flames. The flames devoured its’ head, eating the flesh thoroughly before devouring the rest. I abandoned the things body, walking forward, stumbling slightly as the world seemed to tilt.

My upper arm stung badly, I rubbed it, seeing a unique unnamed shade of purple. The dark of the night seemed so much lighter all of a sudden, as if the sun had risen. But I knew that it hadn’t- it couldn’t not with these things still here. I rubbed my eyes, hoping that would help something. It didn’t.

Bryce came running over, holding a gallon of water in his hands. “Man, I saw the.. bite mark.. so I thought putting some water on it may help.” He explained, gesturing to my arm. I looked at it for a minute, before nodding. I held out my arm and bit my lip, closing my eyes. The water stung as it ran down my arm. I hissed, pulling my arm back, opening my eyes, and narrowing them on Bryce.

Now don’t get me wrong, I never wanted to attack another human. Never. But at that moment, I wanted to walk up to Bryce and allow him a slow, painful death. I bared my teeth, and I could see my skin turning a light shade of purple. “Calm down, man,” Bryce warned, hoisting up his flamethrower and aiming it at me, “I can see that beast inside you, just biding its time."

“What? Bryce, think this out. What are you doing?”

“I’m sorry, man, we’ll always be family. Your my bro, and you know that. But this is the way it has to be.” Bryce hit a switch, allowing it to heat up for a fast death.

“No, man. Don’t do it.” I pleaded, looking at the flamethrower with wide eyes. “There’s nothing wrong with me. I’m fine, see?!” I yelled, raising my arms and swinging them. There was a loud flash behind Bryce, that made me hiss, and jump back.

“No you’re not. I love you, bro.” Then he allowed the flames to eat me whole.

Beloved Hunter

5,125 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Brandisher 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Of Purple Aliens and Flamethrowers - Point Tally

OriginalSooshi
Originality - 7/10
Grammar, Spelling, Punctuation - 4/10
Use Of Prompt - 4/5
Explanation Of Scientific Terms Or Concepts - 1/3
Bonus Points - 0/2
Total Points - 16/30

This piece wasn't as good as I thought you could have made it. There was a sense of originality in it, and it was something different to read. You went well there. You dropped dramatically in the 'grammar, spelling and punctuation' section, though. First, you used the word 'thing' too much. Give the creature a name of some sort and go with that; describe it. Just don't repeat words - it detracts from the rest of the work. You need to start a new paragraph when someone new speaks. You shouldn't use two types of exclamation at once (?!). You need to spellcheck your work. All of this made me cringe a little, to be honest. The prompt use more than made up for it. I liked where you placed them and the context in which you used them. You didn't explain any scientific concepts, which lost you a few marks. There were no bonus points given as you didn't use the bonus prompt available. All in all, I was a little disappointed, but you had a nice entry.

|| contest thread ||

5,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Username: SoraRyuuzaki
Story Title: Antidote
Prompts Used: 3
Story Length: 1,333
Entry:

All he could do was run.

His jagged breath, his beating heart, his exhausted legs; faster, faster, faster. His arms pumped wildly, screaming in pain, but he closed his eyes.

Faster, faster, faster.

They were right behind him, clipping his heels. He could feel the monsters’ hot breath as they panted behind him. He pushed his body to run faster, ignoring its protests. He clamped his eyes shut, fighting back the tears as the bite on his right arm seared with pain. The virus was infecting him; he could feel it. He faltered, distracted by pain.

And then he was falling, falling, falling…

-

His eyes struggled to open. Colors danced beneath his eyelids, making his head throb. He groaned.

“Oh, you’re up?”

A person rushed to his side, pressing a cool, wet cloth against his forehead. The headache subsided.

His whole body ached and felt heavy, as if weights were pressing against his limbs. He tried to speak, but no words came out.

The voice chuckled. He blinked and the figure of a woman came into view. “Don’t try to speak,” she said lightly. “You’ve been out for a week; I wouldn’t be surprised if your voice wasn’t working.”

He tried to lift his right arm. Upon lifting it an inch off the mattress, pain stabbed through his wound. He cried out and writhed in his sheets.

The cloth moved from his forehead to his arm. The material stung, making him scream louder.
“If you’d stop trying to move, it wouldn’t hurt,” the woman scolded. When she removed the cloth, the pain lingered for a few more seconds before disappearing. His breathing began to return to normal.

She sighed, soaking the now blood-soaked cloth in water before turning to him. “So. Would you mind telling me who you are?”

He struggled to sit up, but gave up. He turned his head to look at her. “My name is Ayden.”

She smiled. “I’m Nati, and this is my humble abode,” she said, gesturing to the small house.
Ayden nodded absentmindedly, taking in his quaint surroundings. “You live here by yourself?”

“Yep. Just me, myself, and I.”

He looked at her. “That’s dangerous, you know. There are monsters out there.”

“I know,” she said simply. “I can take care of myself.”

“They’re no ordinary monsters, Nati. They’re freaks. Mutations. Monsters.”

“They’re human. But they’ve changed.” She spun on her heels. “And do you know why?” she retorted. She continued without giving him a chance to respond. “Because some idiot scientists thought they could get the best of nature. Generations of viruses upon viruses were wiped out, making more and more mutations. And now we’re stuck with one that’s turning us all into monsters.”

“A mutation of the rabies virus, meaning it’s transmitted from the mouth to the blood,” Ayden clarified. “But once the virus spreads through the body, their human mind is completely overwhelmed by the virus. They’re not human.”

Nati scoffed, looking into his eyes. “And you? I can see that beast inside you, just biding its time. You’ve been bit.”

Ayden avoided her gaze. “Then why are you keeping me here? I’m just a liability.”

She scoffed again. “Yeah. Maybe you are.” She left the room without another word.

Ayden struggled to lift himself into a sitting position without using his right arm. It took a few tries and a great amount of effort to get himself to sit up. He could feel the blood in his body moving, spreading the virus.

He willed his legs to move and tried to stand, but crumpled to the floor. His muscles were too weak, and too sore. He collapsed on his right arm, causing his wound to reopen. He screamed in pain.

Nati rushed to his side and pulled him up. “What the hell are you doing?!” she cried, moving him to a chair.

“Getting the hell out of here,” he muttered. “If I’m going to become a monster, I’d rather do it where no one will get hurt.”

“If you don’t want anyone to get hurt, you might as well kill yourself,” she scolded. “Now sit here and wait a minute; I’ll go grab some medicine.”

Nati came back with a cup of tea. “Drink it,” she said, offering the cup. The smell was fragrant, but something was a little… off.

“It’s not poisoned,” she reassured him. When he gave her another distrusting look, she took a sip of it herself. “See?”

He didn’t know why she would poison him, but he didn’t trust her somehow. Regardless, he sipped the tea and, after finding it tasted quite pleasant, drank the whole cup. She beamed.

“That wasn’t so hard, was it?” she chirped, taking the cup to the sink.

Ayden gathered the strength to walk to the window. He parted the curtains and saw only forest. “Where are we?” he asked.

“In a secluded forest,” Nati replied. “No one ever bothers to come by here, monster or human. I’ve lived here for quite some time.”

“How long have I been out exactly?”

“A week. Eight days, more like.”

Eight days. The virus took a week—and that was the longest recorded time—to incubate, but why was he still fine? His head began to throb and he swayed where he stood, hearing Nati cry out before he blacked out again.

-

Dishes clanked in the other side of the room.

“Maybe that last dose was too strong,” he heard Nati murmur as his conscious resurfaced. He wanted to ask what she meant by that, but before he could form the words, he faded back into sleep.

-

When Ayden next regained consciousness, he decided he wasn’t going to stay here anymore. Something was going on here, something wrong—and he wasn’t going to stick around and find out. Maybe she was using him as a guinea pig, some experiment with the virus—though he couldn’t exactly figure out why she was doing something like that if she was disgusted with the scientists who created it. He cursed the virus for messing with his brain; he couldn’t think clearly.

He stumbled out of bed, ignoring the throbbing pain in his arm, and limped to the door. He threw it open and half-ran, half-limped into the forest. He heard Nati’s voice behind him, calling out, but he couldn’t make out what she said. All he knew was pain.

It began in his arm, throbbing with all the force of the initial bite. Then it spread to his fingers, his hands, his other arm, his legs, his toes, his stomach, his chest, his neck, his head—setting all of his nerves on fire. He crumpled to the ground, screaming in pain as his brain fell victim to the virus, the virus slowly overtaking his cells. He writhed and screamed.

Nati rushed to his side, a cup in her hand. “Ayden! Ayden, please, please, drink this,” she begged, putting the cup to his lips. The contents splashed as he thrashed in her arms and the burning liquid seared into his skin, intensifying his pain.

He threw her aside, thrashing about. The cup and its contents splattered across the floor.

“What did you do to me?!” he screamed, grabbing at his head and writhing. His head was on fire, consuming him and throwing him into a crazed frenzy. He clawed and kicked and thrashed, striking at nothing and everything.

Nati crawled to a tree, leaning against it. “It was an antidote I was working on,” she whispered, trembling. “I thought I could finally save someone, but I guess I was too late.”

Ayden’s crazed movements finally stopped, and he crumpled on the floor. The virus had triumphed over his body, and he would soon start attacking everything that moved. Nati stood and ran, faster and faster, until Ayden’s body threw itself on her, pinning her beneath it.

And with a flourish, the monster bit into her shoulder, her blood spraying onto the grass like the antidote she had made.

Beloved Hunter

5,125 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Brandisher 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Antidote - Point Tally

OriginalSooshi
Originality - 7/10
Grammar, Spelling, Punctuation - 10/10
Use Of Prompt - 4/5
Explanation Of Scientific Terms Or Concepts - 2/3
Bonus Points - 0/2
Total Points - 23/30

The only reason I deducted from originality was the use of a zombie-like creature in an apocalyptic situation. Not that I don't like it, of course, but it's been done many times. I found nothing to take away regarding grammar, spelling and punctuation - I spent a long while agonizing over every sentence, trying to spot something, but it was perfectly fine. I'll just say, though, try to make some paragraphs a little longer. You used the chosen prompts well, and I liked that. I only gave you two out of the three available points for the explanation - you gave us a tidbit of information in there, but I felt that it could have used more. There were no bonus points given, due to you not using the bonus prompt. However, your entry didn't require it - it was a very nice piece. Great work.

|| contest thread ||

Beloved Hunter

5,125 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Brandisher 100
  • Popular Thread 100
Username: Meara T
Story Title: Kane
Prompts Used: "It's time for both monsters and men to come out and play."
Story Length: 2013
Feedback: Why not? I love writing. It's nice to know what's working and what y'all think is a mess.
Entry:
My name is Abe.

It was just Kane and I, I and Kane. However they said it. Us in the city. Us in walls of desolate plaster and dust, in this concrete wasteland constructed out of steel monoliths and piles of rubble in the forgotten shapes of someone else's prosperity. Neither of us had come from there, but then again, no one had-- we were the last, the last on two legs, hobbling through what was remembered to be stability turned to rusty old ashes.

There was a pillar there. I remember it, mostly because it was nothing special; posters of our faces could be found wherever there had once been law, and he liked to rip them down, adjust amber goggles and grin with teeth sharp with vanity and tuck them into his coat pocket. And then a Consumed had fallen from the sky, not dangerous but a newborn, dumb and oily blob of a thing, and he crushed it under his boot, and I ate it. When he wasn't looking, of course. I didn't much eat while he watched. Food was hard to find, here. Food all right to swallow, anyway. And he turned to me, and he said "S'all ours," and he trudged off with me behind.

Kane and Abe, Abe and Kane. Before the Consumption, the names ruled the city with crime, before small animals began to become jelly, became mobile and rolling balls of acid with no purpose except to ingest everything they happened upon, be it stone, creature, flesh. And some grew, and became smarter, and rolled with some semblence of form whilst hunting in packs, and the law stopped thinking and began lighting fuses. The bombs ate the buildings, and the creatures ate the bombs, and the Consumed spread, and grew, and developed a taste for people.

Kane loved the idea of owning the world. The only man I'd ever known to so love the destruction, to crush mankind's greatest devistator under his boot and move on. To whistle and hum and take the ruins for himself. He was fascinating. He was insane, and he turned to me, and we climbed a building that day, standing on top of miles of ruined city and looking out in the sun. They were everywhere, gnawing on foundations and slowly dissolving pipes inside of them.

"Look at 'em, Abe," he said. "Our best friends."

And I smiled. And he pulled my ear, and I yelped, and he grinned at me through wild blond whilst looking immensely proud of himself.

Our best friends. Packs of chemical mistake that destroyed humanity.

"It wasn't the little ones, you know." Hoarse voice, not smooth like his, not the odd smooth roughness that made me wonder if ears could lie. This voice would never be near Kane's, but I made do. I reveled. "It was the big, smart ones that did it. The ones that ate whole people and mimicked them. Looked human. Used it to eat more people. You are what you eat. Those ones."

Kane snickered. I could never tell if his face was tanned or sunburned, if he would ever care for the drastic difference in tone the goggles caused around his eyes. Eyes I knew were brown, but I always saw as yellow, yellow like the lenses of the glass. "Wonder if I could ever be one've those ones. Maybe if I find one 'nd get ate."

"You want to get eaten," I snorted, "and become a monster."

"Do y'think they're monsters? Seem smart as hell t'me."

Kane was insane. That's what I admired. Insane, careless, stupid, but brilliant, brilliant even when he knew absolutely nothing about what he revered. Rubbing freckled arms in the unbearable sun, I offered cynicism. I always did. Arguments meant explanations, meant learning, learning how to think. "If you walked up to one, and it flopped right out've it's human shape, you think you'd still want to throw yourself in its mouth and hope some speck called You sticks around for the ride?"

"What's life without fun? And what's more fun than risks? That's what th'other ones didn't get, see." His arms folded. Familiar. Triumphant. When he'd rediscovered the face he'd missed in an alley, breathing and not destroyed, when he'd tought me things I could never understand, when he won an argument. "Sometimes men've gotta play with monsters, Abe. Sometimes there's not a damn bit'a difference."

His arms flew out to the sides. I ducked, carely avoiding the sculpted lines, the skin both dark with tan and red with perpetual burn, glancing across tattoos I didn't need to see to go over every line in my mind, every typical mermaid and oriental wave and merman for good measure. He stood there, sun lighting his face and reflecting around him in an uncanny halo. He laughed, wild and crazy and full of more life than I'd ever seen, even before the walls had been destroyed by bombs.

"They called me a beast," he grinned. "Kane th'bomber, cutcha faster than a chainsaw with a two-inch knife. I was their monster. We're the same, th'beasts and me."

I loved Kane. He was my idol. When the littles came while he rested, I kept them away. When I got caught in the rubble, he pulled me out. On those buildings, he marveled at death, I marveled at him, and he'd grin, like he knew something he wouldn't speak about how this abandonment came to be.

We owned the world, for months, maybe a year. City to city, wreck to wreck, desolation to empty solitude. Alone, happy-- we needed no one else, no one to validate our breathing. We enjoyed utter seclusion. We thought we were the last.

Humanity fell so quickly. Kane was tenacious-- he seemed inhuman, though human he was, with a body that bled deep red like any other creature that claimed urban wasteland. We gave no thought to oddly clean streets, to wrecks of homes that were not in utter abandon. They seemed cleansed by the Consumed, eaten by our Little Friends... Sleep had always been fearless, because there was nothing to fear. We crushed what came for us. We were the supreme.

Invincible.

Kings.

Until that morning, when we awoke to men living.

"Put bullets through their heads and let it be over."

Metal. Metal armor, like they'd had before... the law had been impervious to gunfire, but not to the demented, to the increasingly intelligent masses that could digest titanium and steel. They were dead, all of them, and they should not be here, they should not have made themselves a band of survivors because there were no survivors. There could not be. There was only Kane and I. Abe and Kane. They could not care what he had done, not logically in my mind, but he stood, and they were there, and my eyes grew wide; a hodgepodge of men in armor, perhaps former men of justice and perhaps not, but men who knew him and saw him not as one of their own.

Only as one of the same, the beasts and him.

So careful I had been, so against my nature. I was Abe and he was Kane, and we could be eternal-- he taught me that. So when he stood with a hand on the gun they shot through his, two to the chest and one to the shoulder, and he went down, and his blood ran red, like man.

I had been so careful. I had become different. I had loved Kane, but I lost. I had tried so hard to keep Abe for him, Abe who had been so thin and looked so surprised when I stumbled upon him, starving. The red took me over. I despaired. Abe's bony, burned limbs fell away. His face melted into black, the black oil of me, the mass I had denied, and I saw their faces, their eyes through the masks as they looked up in horror, as I began to tower over them.

As they met the Apocalypse. The Ultimate. I was what they feared. I was a body-wearer, and I raged.

My body ate their bullets. My mouth opened and roared, nothing but teeth, thousands of teeth I could feel, piece by piece, and they became red, red, red. So red-- I was starving, so starving whilst not feeding myself Kane, one I had found by desperately devouring another. I bit into them, too weak to take them whole but not yet so far disheveled that I couldn't take them at the waist, and I flew into rage, starved rage as I ripped and tore and consumed so many of them, one by one, possible shapes and bodies jolting into the makeup of my being and vanishing as soon as I swallowed another. I could not remember shapes. I could only take the last of my meals, as all of my kind could, and wear it as if it were my body, as if the skin was my DNA.

I heard laughter. Swallowing, suddenly feeling large, lethargic, frozen, I heard laughter I knew, I adored, and a feeling I was not supposed to know struck me with crippling violence. Horror. The remaining survivors were wounded, nearly destroyed, ready to be eaten, but suddenly my body would not move.

"Get them," Kane guffawed. He was still dark, crimson, and I could smell the death on him. I had lost myself. He knew. He laughed. His face held death, but mirth, satisfaction, and no horror.

Had he always...?

"Beasts, human, ain't a damn bit of difference. Same game. Same lack of rules. Just pretending. T'be different. T'hide. T'stay inside and away from th'other."

I couldn't take it. I slowly began to devour again, to gourge myself like I never had.

"'s time for both monsters and men t'come out. It's time for monsters and men to come out and play. Play without hidin'. Don' be scared. Can't pretend forever."

They were all gone. All consumed, and I could feel myself rumbling. I felt different, this way, primal, my body ready to condense into its last form, into the limbs of a stranger in metal and iron.

Laughter. Laughter, laughter... I couldn't see. I was not Abe. I was hunger. I was thirst. I was sentience, I was agony, I was frustration, I was--

Hands passed into me, into my corrosive body, and it shocked every cell, every part of the starvation as I moved my mouth through myself, to the other side, so I could see out of it to a tattooed and bloody body laughing and laughing and laughing to a gurgle. Joy, and fear, and tears, and laughter, endless laughter as two hands grabbed my teeth, two hands that were stronger than they ever should have been, and pulled thousands of gaping blades over his shoulders, and he laughed, and he laughed, and he laughed, and with a shove, I ate Kane.

My name is Kane.

The clothes I always cough up, and the goggles were cracked, the goggles that made brown eyes turn to amber. So long, spent there on the ground, knowing what it felt like to feel like that.

Body new, arms tattooed with a mermaid and oriental waves and a merman for good measure. Moon rising over suntanned and burnt knuckles on a sea of ocean grey. Pushed back to the world alone, back to the world different and changed because of two men I didn't mean to eat.

But y'know, life isn't about meaning.

It ain't about meanin' at all.

It's about fun. It's about livin'. It's about goin' through the wastes with the beasts and bein' entertained. Y'don't need a big purpose, see. Y'might find men and monsters, monsters n' men. Quite a might bit easier t'feel 'em, too. There's more people out there, 'nd I know it now. It'll be wild. It'll be risky. It'll be fun.

It's time for monsters n' men to come out'n play.

I am their beast.

Eternal.

Beloved Hunter

5,125 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Brandisher 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Kane - Point Tally

OriginalSooshi
Originality - 10/10
Grammar, Spelling, Punctuation - 8/10
Use Of Prompt - 4/5
Explanation Of Scientific Terms Or Concepts - 2/3
Bonus Points - 2/2
Total Points - 26/30

I loved it. It was a quirky piece, different to anything I've read before. I enjoyed your descriptions of little things, and I loved how you wrote their personalities. Wonderful! There were a few spelling mistakes in the general entry that I could see, but they didn't detract much from the tale. Your use of the prompt was very well done. I thought there could have been more to the explanation of concepts, though you have given us an insight. The bonus prompt was used brilliantly - I especially like how you used it with your twist. There was little about the piece I would have changed. Amazing work!

|| contest thread ||

Beloved Hunter

5,125 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Brandisher 100
  • Popular Thread 100
Username: Orgazmic Coffdrop
Story Title: Orphans of Earth
Prompts Used:
o1. The ship launched into the sky, leaving a violet trail as it passed.
o2. "Keep your eyes down, men!"
o3. "I can see that beast inside you, just biding its time."
o4. "It's time for both monsters and men to come out and play."*

Story Length: ~2,500-2,600
Entry:

The room was dark. Granted, everything was dark: the sky, the ground, and even the moon were shadowed by darkness. The only light left on Earth was the dim glow beyond the clouds. Shirley told him that glow was the sun, and that once it burned so brightly in the sky— blue, she said— that people could be burned by it if they went outside without protection. Harold tried not to believe in Shirley’s fairy tales about the days before the darkness, but couldn’t help holding out for the chance that they were true.

There must be something else beyond the clouds, Harold knew that much. He still remembered the day the ship—full of families and the last of humanity—launched into the sky, leaving a violet trail as it passed through the clouds and above; that small blip in time when the ship left a hole through the darkness was the only time Harold thought he might have seen the sun. The hole closed moments later, leaving the dregs of society behind. It was the same day the monsters came.

“Hurry and lock it!” Shirley shouted. Harold snapped out of his reverie and bolted the door shut. The room was dark, too dark to see anything in front of them. The two teenagers leaned against the door holding their breath and listening for noise beyond the door. A faint sound of running further down the hall was the only noise there was, and it quickly faded away to nothing. After a moment, Shirley began to move.

“Shirley what are you doing?” Harold asked. He heard her shuffling around, occasionally cursing under her breath.

“I’m trying to find a light switch. This building is old, probably before the intelli-lights were installed,” Shirley said, her voice coming from his left. It was followed by a loud bang and a string of expletives Shirley’s mother surely wouldn’t be happy to hear that mouth if she were still alive. “Are you just going to stand there or are you going to help me?”

Harold got into action and began searching the walls. By the sound of Shirley’s growing irritation they seemed to be out of luck. After searching each of the walls, going around large sets of shelves in the process, he determined at least that this was a closet of sorts. Big enough for two people to stand or sit comfortably if not for the stuff that filled in the ground around them, but with no windows and no doors other than the one they managed to lock.

“Why is there a deadbolt on a closet door?” Harold asked.

“Because it’s a panic room,” Shirley explained. “Almost all of these stinking mansions have them. They were for protection against burglars and other things. They’re stocked with food and supplies. At least if we’ve got to be stuck somewhere, this isn’t too bad of a place.”

“How did you know this would be a panic room?” Harold asked. When the monsters had seen them and began the chase, Shirley dragged him all the way down here, never stopping until they flung themselves within this room and dead bolted the door.

“Lucky guess,” Shirley said. That was often Shirley’s explanation for the strange things and places she managed to find. Among the Orphans of Earth, she was known as “Lady Luck.” Shirley used her luck to help others by finding food and shelter from the monsters, but it was still overwhelming to Harold how she managed to stumble on so much wealth with so little effort. But food was food, and a roof was shelter, so Harold kept his mouth shut about his curiosity and accepted her luck like the rest of the Orphans.

“I’ve got to find a light,” Shirley said. Again, Harold could hear the sound of her wading amongst the junk around them and humming to herself. Shirley and Harold were long time friends, and had been since before the day the monsters came. Her mother was alive then, but Harold had never seen the woman. Mothers were the things the Orphans of Earth most revered and feared. They could pity the orphans, but in the end would always choose their own child. Mothers were such precious things. So precious that they too abandoned Earth and the Orphans to fight the monsters alone.

Orphans of Earth must depend on none but themselves. That was the first rule.

By the time of greatest darkness, Shirley’s mother had died and she became an Orphan of Earth as well. They’d been inseparable since. Well, mostly.

“I’m sorry,” Harold said as he listened to her continued search for light. “I’m sorry I ran away.”

“You don’t have to apologize to me,” Shirley said, “it’s Khan you’ll have to explain yourself to.”

“I don’t care about getting in trouble,” Harold said, irritatedly.Why would she think that he was trying to use her to stay away from Khan’s bad side? Sometimes, for being his best friend, she hardly knew him at all. “I’m apologizing because I am now the reason you are stuck here instead of back at base with J-Jake.”

Shirley didn’t stop her search, and didn’t reply, so Harold began toying idly with the debris around him. He found what felt like a pile of flashlights littered about. He tried one but it did not work. Maybe he would be able to find batteries for them. Harold began searching the floor, brushing his hand over the cold cement and sorting through the mess on the floor.

“Is that why you ran?” Shirley asked. He realized, in his own mission to find batteries, that she stopped moving. “Did you run because you saw Jake and me?”

Harold said nothing. “Harry,” Shirley began in that tone that made Harold want to scream. It was filled with pity.

“No. Don’t,” Harold said. “I just needed a walk. I didn’t know the monsters were on patrol. It had nothing to do with you.”

Harold was so distracted with trying to put Shirley at ease that he nearly missed the fact that his hands were now brushing against a pack of batteries. When he realized his error, he quickly grabbed the box and ripped it open, pouring its contents into the flashlight. He tried the button again, but the flashlight didn’t turn on.

He poured the batteries back out and painstakingly began feeling the different sides of the batteries, placing them in carefully and hoping they were the right way around to make the light turn on.

“Harold? Where are you?” Shirley asked.

“Here,” Harold said. “To your right, I think.”

She found him and sat down. “I can’t find anything,” she sighed.

“Do you miss her?” Harold asked.

“Miss who?” Shirley replied.

“Your mom,” Harold asked. “You miss her, don’t you?” He put the last battery in and began screwing the top back onto the flashlight.

Shirley’s answer was lost as she grabbed his arm. “Hush, someone is coming.” Soon Harold heard it too: footsteps coming down the hallway. They were quiet, like how a tiny mouse would walk if fearing the household cat’s attention. It couldn’t be the monsters, who strutted and stomped like proud elephants.

Soon the door was being tried. “Is anyone in there?” a voice whispered. Harold and Shirley grasped each other’s hands and stood up, walking towards the door. “Hello? Is anyone in there?” Tentatively, the person beyond the door began to knock. “Shirley? Harold? Come on, we read your signal to this room. Come out.”

As Shirley finally opened the deadlock, Harold managed to fully close the flashlight and send out a small beam of light as the door opened to reveal their rescue: Jake and two other Orphans. They winced as the light touched their faces but were otherwise unharmed. No risk that they were monsters in disguise then.

“Come on, we have to run!” Jake said, pulling Shirley out in front of him. Harold was grabbed by a girl slightly older than himself, and soon they were all running for their lives. The monsters were conspicuously absent throughout the whole returning mission. When finally back to base, Khan reacted predictably and smacked Harold hard on the head a few times for making them worry and endangering Shirley.

“I didn’t exactly ask her to follow me,” Harold protested. “I didn’t ask any of you to follow me.” You should have left me to die, he thought.

“Don’t be a coward,” Khan chided. Harold was about to fight back again when the loud sound of the alarm rang throughout the building.

“What’s happening?” Khan shouted, demanding answers. When he was met with silence, his voice boomed. “Chuckie, what is going on outside?”

“They...They’re coming, sir,” Chuckie said.

“What?!” Khan asked.

“The monsters are coming. They’ve found us at last,” Chuckie said, her voice a terrified whisper. Khan closed his eyes and stood silently, and looked like a statue of a great general even as a seventeen year old orphan.

“I’m sorry, they must have followed us back,” Jake said, his face pale.

“What will we do, Khan?” Shirley asked, and Harold was terrified to hear the fear in her usually strong voice.

Their leader was silent only for a moment longer before snapping his eyes open. “Then it is time,” he said. He turned around and looked into the eyes of all his fellow Orphans of Earth, before smiling the most insane and strangely inspiring smile Harold had ever seen. “It’s time for both monsters and men to come out and play.”

“But we aren’t men!” Jake shouted. “Most of us are only children!”

“Or girls!” Lucy, who was five years old, shouted.

“And when the world has abandoned us, we are our only chance to survive,” Khan said. “We must ready ourselves for death and for glory. Thirteen and up, go to the armory and fetch your best weapon. Twelve and eleven year olds, gather the rest and go to the tunnels. Keep each other safe.”

Everyone stared at him. “Everyone move!” And suddenly the base was like an ant colony, everyone running and hoping to find the courage to survive.

Harold was running with the rest of the thirteen year olds, following behind the older ones obediently. He couldn’t think of what might happen in the next few minutes, whether he would be alive or not. The only option was to follow and hope.

“Harold!” a voice shouted. Harold slowed down and turned to see Shirley running towards him. He waited for her and then began to run again. Shirley grabbed his arm.

“Harold, you are only twelve. You should be gathering the children and bringing them to safety!” she shouted.

“No, I’m not,” Harold protested. “It’s my birthday. I’m thirteen now. I have to fight just like everyone else.” Shirley stared at him in shock.

“It’s your birthday?” Shirley asked. “Why didn’t you tell anyone? Why didn’t you tell me?”

“Because it didn’t matter until two minutes ago how old I was,” Harold said. “You’ve known me since I was little, Shirley, why would I suddenly tell you my birthday now?”

“But why did you never tell me when your birthday was?” she asked. “You promised you would. Do you remember? You promised that when it was your birthday you would tell me so that we could celebrate.”

“Can’t this wait?” Harold asked. “We’re sort of preparing for a war here.”

“No, it can’t!” Shirley said, grabbing his arm again when he tried to join the flow of the other teenagers going to the armory. “You promised! You lied! You said you were—,” but Harold had quite enough of this.

“Why do you think I walked in your room today then?” Harold asked. “Why do you think I ran in so excitedly to see you? Then to see you with him.” Harold shook his head and tried to wrestle his arm out of her death grip. “Let go. We need to get ready.”

“Harry, I—,” she said, her voice cracking. Her grip weakened enough for him to snap his hand out of it.

“”There is no time for this!” he shouted and ran away from her, trying to run from the tears clawing down his face as well.

He felt numb as he stood in front of the home for the Orphans of Earth: an abandoned hotel. Somehow, Shirley had found him again and the two stood as silently as the rest: although some were choking back sobs.

“I chose this world for you,” Shirley said, quietly.

“What?” Harold asked, unsure if he heard her correctly.

“The mansion we were trapped in was my old home. My family left with the ship when the families took to the sky. That’s why I knew its layout,” she said. He could see her even under the darkness of the clouds. She was beautiful, standing with the wind whipping her hair and her gun ready to fire.

“Why didn’t you go with them?” Harold asked.

“Because they wouldn’t take you,” Shirley replied without hesitation. For a moment Harold was shocked. Of course they wouldn’t take him, they didn’t know him. Mothers may pity the Orphans of Earth, but no one would stay for them. Yet, Shirley did.

“Why did that matter? Why didn’t you leave me behind?” Harold asked. Shirley finally looked at him, her eyes streaming with the same tears he felt trembling down his cheeks.

“Because you are mine,” she said, her voice trembling. The rhythmic sound of marching was coming closer, no longer a distant drum beat. The war was coming. Harold grabbed Shirley’s hand.

“Yours,” he said, softly. Then the monsters were there. The two sides stood silently staring, the echo of the monsters’ feet beginning to fade.

“Hello, Children,” said one of the monsters—the leader named Rygor. He stood in front of his battalion. “We have found you at last, as we have promised.”

Khan stepped forward. “Turn around now, and we will not kill you.” The monsters laughed.

“Foolish child,” said the monster. “You should have joined us when you could, Khan. To feel the pleasures of the darkness as the clouds creep closer and closer to the Earth. It will smite all that fight against it.”

“I would rather die,” Khan spat.

“But I can see that beast inside you, just biding its time,” Rygor said. “It only needs the proper training to be unleashed.”

“I will never fight for the darkness,” Khan shouted. “I will fight until my last breath that my brothers and sisters may one day see the sun, and will feel no fear or hunger at your hands. Even if that means we must die at them.”

“Very well,” Rygor said. “You will earn your request.” The monsters began to grow restless, roaring and gnashing at the children who fought not to tremble.

Khan stood back among the fray and said to his army. “At my command, you must avert your eyes. Remember,” Khan’s army whimpered, but followed his order. At the sound of a whistle, he and several others shot something into the sky he shouted, “Keep your eyes down, men!”

“And girls!” shouted a girl’s voice.

“Down!” Khan shouted.

And suddenly the world was a pool of miraculous light and monstrous screams. Harold glanced up and saw tiny holes through the thick, dark clouds.

The war for the sun had begun.

Beloved Hunter

5,125 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Brandisher 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Orphans of Earth - Point Tally

OriginalSooshi
Originality - 8/10
Grammar, Spelling, Punctuation - 9/10
Use Of Prompt - 4/5
Explanation Of Scientific Terms Or Concepts - 1/3
Bonus Points - 2/2
Total Points - 24/30

Interesting. Originality was good, though I felt like I've heard something like it before; the darkness descending on the world. Either way, I liked it. I couldn't find any errors in spelling and punctuation, except for one minor mistake at the end. Your use of the prompt was very well done. You didn't really explain the scientific concepts well. I was left wondering why the earth was dark in the first place, or how the monsters came to be. The bonus prompt was executed wonderfully. Great piece!

|| contest thread ||

4,900 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • First step to fame 200
Username: Double_the_Fun
Story Title: Dry
Prompts Used:
o1. The ship launched into the sky, leaving a violet trail as it passed.
o2. "Keep your eyes down, men!"
o3. "I can see that beast inside you, just biding its time."
o4. "It's time for both monsters and men to come out and play."
Story Length: 2040
Note: approved by OrignalSooshi
Entry:

Before this week, Jimmy Connelly had never held a gun in his life. Unless he counted the red plastic ones at the arcade, and his brother Kellen said he didn’t, especially since it had been years since there was even electricity to play. All of that ran on water. Of course.

By himself in the corner of the tent with this heavy piece of metal in his hands, it didn’t seem so bad not having water. It sounded better than fighting for it. Maybe he could find a nice rain-cloud, and then Reagan could find him and sing him lullabies like she used to.

God he wished Reagan was here.

“Hey bro,” Jimmy started and turned, staring wide-eyed up at Kellen. “Jesus, look at your face. White as a wafer,” he clamped his shoulder in a too-tight grip and crouched so they were eye level. “Calm down. If we don’t win in the morning we’ll die anyways.”

“That’s not the point,” he mumbled, staring down at the camo splotches on his pants. “I don’t want to… to kill anyone…”

“You can’t be serious,” he laughed derisively. “These guys are the bad guys, Jimmy. Monsters. They have plenty of water and they refuse to share it. They’re killing people every day. They killed Dad, buddy. They killed Reagan.”

“Shut up, Kellen,” his voice came out thick and trembling. “Just shut up.”

Kellen let go of Jimmy’s shoulder and raised his hands in innocence. “Hey, you know I’m telling the truth. It’s time for monsters and men to come out and play. I’m going to go load my guns. You coming?”

Jimmy shook his head and Kellen shrugged and left.

He hated Kellen sometimes. He had no right to talk about Reagan that way. Or their father. He closed his eyes and imagined their faces, but they were distorted and thin, as though the passing time had taken their features and diluted them and made them generic.

Instead, he imagined Reagan’s voice as she calmed the young children on the dry days when they began to cry and clutch their aching heads and clench their swollen fingertips. They called those the cactus days because she made them all imagine what it was like to be a cactus, to be stronger than themselves. They would all sit quiet and imagine little spikes and little roots searching the air and the ground for water, spreading out wide under the soil where no one could see. And when they were quiet and still, only then would she tell them stories. Stories about water that reached over their heads so that they could swim in it, about the sea, where boats were cradled like tiny specks in the waves, about rain-clouds so thick and full that when they burst it was like all the water in the world had cocooned their town. The kids all looked at her with such wide, hopeful eyes, drinking in her words as if they were precious water themselves, hugging her legs, watching her lips move. It made Jimmy swell with pride to be her little brother, her special brother. When the others had drifted to sleep, she would lay his head in her lap and with her tired voice she would sing to him in French, and though he didn’t understand, he wrapped his arms around her waist and imagined that it was what the sea sounded like.

Then he imagined when she told their mother and father about John and the baby, hugging her still-flat belly. That’s who Reagan was. In a place too parched and mangled to grow, she still created life. Mother didn’t agree.

“How could you do this to your family? We had just enough, and now that thing is going to take everything we have!”

“Mother, please. John and I will find a way to get extra water rations.”

“I can see it. I can see that beast inside you, just biding its time.”

“Helen,” my papa broke in. “It’s okay. I’ll take her with me on the expedition to Esperanza. You’ll get your water.”

She looked at him, beady eyed, calculating. She knew with two family members gone the extra water was hers. “Okay. Alright.” She glared at Reagan who held her face in her hands. “I hope you’re happy. I hope it was worth it.”

The next day they departed. The ship launched into the sky, leaving a violet trail as it passed, leaving a darkness behind it too.

He had hope at first. The expedition was supposed to go to the great Esperanza, the only place with a working Hydrobind, a machine that combined hydrogen and oxygen in the air and formed water, more commonly called Salvation 2.0. A little joke amongst the desperately thirsty. It was how the United States had worked before the war, powering factories, cars, houses, and of course people. It was the ultimate energy source: cheap, clean, inexhaustible… at least before the terrorists bombed every plant, and slaughtered and recruited thousands of scientists to save their own homes. To the countries that had more people than land, the Hydrobind was just a target. Their solution to overpopulation.

The logic was, if the expedition made it to Esperanza, it would come back with enough water for all of them. Unfortunately the 16 people who had set out together never came back. The townspeople whispered that it was because Esperanza had turned them away at the gates, refused to even give them water for the journey back. But of course there were rumors that they had found water, and decided to stay. After all, out here they say that water runs thicker than blood. But Jimmy could never think so poorly of his father and sister. Not of Reagan.

It didn’t matter though, because he would never see her again, and now he was going to die in a few minutes anyways. He stood up and walked outside into the bleached dawn, lining up in his platoon next to Kellen. The commander was already sending whispered orders to each squad of men, and they began to move towards the city walls almost immediately. Esperanza was tall, impending, cruelly healthy in the faces of the bedraggled and dry men of St. Albans. But they had a plan.

Well, they had explosives.

Three platoons, including Jimmy’s, squatted behind a line of trees about 100 yards away from the gates. A boy named Avery elbowed Jimmy in the side. “Better not piss your pants, soldier,” he whispered, grinning. “Or you’ll shrivel up before you can get to the gate.”

Jimmy couldn’t help but grin too. “Worry about yourself. You so dry, you couldn’t even go crying for mama.”

A great, crumbling boom that crashed and receded like a wave interrupted them, and the front gate crumpled and fell apart.

“Looks like they be the ones crying tonight!” Avery whooped, and the three platoons took off towards the gate, some men already firing their guns into the air, though they were too far for anything to hit.

Too easy, thought Jimmy. It’s like they’re not even trying. Then men began popping up over the battlements, shouting and jeering as they began to fire into the crowd. Above the walls, a bright light exploded. Jimmy slowed down to stare. Fireworks? Another went off, and he gasped as his vision went white, pressing his fists against his eyes.

“Keep your eyes down, men,” Avery’s voice shouted. “Flash bombs!”

Panic grasped Jimmy. He couldn’t see, and if he couldn’t see he couldn’t run. He was a sitting target. The other men who had looked up were the same, stumbling forward blindly, and he heard cries of fear and cries of pain around him as the men on the walls took their opportunity. At least this way, whispered a little voice, I won’t have to kill anybody.

Someone yanked him forward, “Come on, idiot!”

“Kellen, I can’t see,” The panic rose up in his chest. “I can’t-”

“You’ll be fine. Come this way.”

Kellan pulled him into a run, guiding him and catching him when he tripped over some stone or piece of the wall. Slowly he began to see pale outlines in his blank white vision. The silhouette of Kellen’s arm on his. The gate as the two of them passed into the safety of the city walls.

“Where are we going?”

“Why aren’t they defending themselves?”

“What? They are!”

“No, we just blew through they’re front gate, easy as that. Why?”

Jimmy paused. “You don’t think…”

All around them, the sounds of men shouting, of explosions, faded. In front of him, as his vision cleared, he could see the looming façade of a crumbling building cornered between the north and east walls, where the water-rationing facilities were in most towns. As Kellen pulled him through the door a horrible sense of unease settled over Jimmy.

There was no one to guard the water.

The hall they had entered had been crushed in sections by the explosions that destroyed the north wall. In the center, a great machine that was tall enough to reach the vaulted ceiling had caved in on one side where sections of the roof had fallen inward. But the machine was no Hydrobind. It looked like the water purification tank installed in St. Albans.

Suddenly, Jimmy became aware of the gentle sound of music, so at odds with the crumbling world around it. He and Kellen walked forward, entranced. Sitting on the other side of the machine was a woman, her belly swollen and round with life, but the rest of her pale and ashen. She was crouched over a man who lay, splashed with blood, on the floor. It took Jimmy longer than Kellen to realize who they were.

Kellen strode forward, and without hesitation, shot the man twice in the chest. If he hadn’t been dead, he was now. Then he turned his gun on the woman.

“Kellen don’t,” Jimmy found he had his own gun trained on Kellen’s head. His hands weren’t shaking.

Kellen looked at him sideways. “You wouldn’t.”

“You wouldn’t either.” Everyone loved Reagan.

There was a long pause. “Fine,” He threw his gun to the ground. “But she’s still a traitor.”

He turned and walked back out the front. Jimmy met Reagan’s frightened gaze for a moment, feeling strangely empty in his limbs. Then he turned to leave too.

“Wait.”

He wiped his eyes on the back of his hands and kept walking.

“Wait!”

Jimmy wheeled around. “Why didn’t you come back for us?” he shouted, wishing his tears wouldn’t come so he could keep the water in. “It was true, you… you found water and left us to die!”

"No, Jimmy, that’s not what happened.” She tried to stand up, but stumbled over the body; it was a man who had gone on the expedition with her.

Jimmy turned and kept walking.

“Esperanza means hope,” she cried.

Jimmy froze.

“It means hope,” she whispered. “That’s all this city ever was. A beacon for the desperate. I couldn’t come home because there was no chance any of us were going to live. There is no Hydrobind here, no Salvation here. It was a lie. That’s why we had no defense, that’s why our soldiers were killing yours even though there was nothing to defend. It’s faster than dying of dehydration. I couldn’t tell you that. I didn’t want you to die without any hope.”

“Reagan,” his voice cracked. “You were all I had.”

“Come here,” She smiled, and her cheeks flushed as if she meant to cry, but of course there were no tears left. “Lay your head on my lap again.”

Jimmy had always thought humanity would end faster, with a big bang. Maybe a natural disaster, a nuclear war. Something wild and dangerous and strong. Instead they were all dying slowly, forgetting each other, forgetting their humanity, forgetting everything but their thirst. Forgetting, forgetting, forgetting. They were dying of dementia.

He would not forget.

But it didn’t matter.

He wrapped his arms around Reagan’s waist and shut his eyes.

Mon petit enfant, mon petit enfant
Le ciel est dans tes yeux.
Mais ferme les maintenant, mais ferme les maintenant
Demain c'est un autre jour.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items