Welcome to Gaia! ::

13,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Has anyone else heard of this abomination?

I was surfing Reasoningwithvampires and stumbled onto a video of her telling people to avoid this book like the plague.

If you're wondering about its connection to Twilight, apparently it's a fanfiction ripoff THAT WAS PUBLISHED.

It started out as a crappy fan fic full of BDSM and whatnot that centered around Bella and Edward. Despite the shitty writing people seemed to like it, but too many current fans of the books were angry because there wasn't nearly that much of a sexual nature in the Twilight series. The writer then took the story down and reposted it on her own website FiftyShades.com and changed the names of the characters, which, I guess doesn't make it a fanfiction anymore...

The writing is s**t, utter s**t. I feel very confident saying that, considering how every compitent critic who has reviewed it has said the same thing, but a few stand up for it because I guess submissive BDSM (where you're pretty much letting some rich guy piss on your life because he pays you) is a real empowering thing for women nowadays. The book is actually a Trilogy now and there's even a movie deal in the works. *facepalm*

How far are our standards going to plummet? I understand BDSM can be a great thing for some people, but the explanation in this story is laughable. Not only that, but apparently people who are more into BDSM than the average person are not impressed by this book's "hard core" reading.

I was going to find some snippet to post, but damn, the only one I've found so far... *facepalm* I'll just leave a link
Thanks for tipping me.

I've heard of it and read excerpts of it. I am not amused. I don't understand how it was allowed for fanfiction to be published. Especially one bad as this. I just don't really have much to say other than I will never read it, this isn't helping my view of romance novels. Far as I'm concerned, the romance genre died when Twilight was published. Now I just read gay fiction. At least that hasn't been destroyed yet.

Did you know that Kristen Stewart wants to read this just as badly, if not more than she wanted to read the Twilight series? As much as I appreciate her as an actress and think she's beautiful, I don't like her taste in literature.

Demonic Businesswoman

10,825 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Conversationalist 100
I've read sporkings on it. Yeah. I know it's bad.

@Muffin: If Kristen's probably wanting to read it just to see how bad it is. xD

13,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I'd laugh is Kristen auditioned to play Ana in the movie.

The most ironic part about this? Ana, the narrator, is an English Lit. Major, and that idiot can't narrate to save her own life.

That is how disappointing this book is.

Demonic Businesswoman

10,825 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Conversationalist 100
You can always do what I do and read sporkings. xD

TADA!!!!

Sexy Vampire

18,325 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
caligulasAquarium

Truth be told, I actually was thinking about reading it (Because I'm actually into submissive BDSM.), but after hearing all this, coupled with the fact that I trust Dana's educated opinion, I might just have to read the sporkings. D:User Image

13,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Minerva de Sade
caligulasAquarium

Truth be told, I actually was thinking about reading it (Because I'm actually into submissive BDSM.), but after hearing all this, coupled with the fact that I trust Dana's educated opinion, I might just have to read the sporkings. D:User Image
There's nothing wrong with BDSM, it's just obvious that what's in this book isn't BDSM at all. It's full dom written by someone who probably has a lot of problems...

I'm gonna go ahead and read the sporking that Nightfall just linked. ;3

Sexy Vampire

18,325 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Jack-pot 100
Alexander J Luthor
There's nothing wrong with BDSM, it's just obvious that what's in this book isn't BDSM at all. It's full dom written by someone who probably has a lot of problems...

caligulasAquarium

I had a hunch that was the case. It seemed odd that so many people were really loving this sort of thing, when BDSM normally has a sort of negative social standing. I used to think it was crazy, but now I know it's simply misunderstood, nothing more. ;D

I'll have to wait until I get home to do it. I'm at school, and I'm pretty sure that reading (sporkings of) BDSM-themed fanfiction knock offs is frowned upon on college-owned computers. XD
            User Image

13,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
NightfallDuet
You can always do what I do and read sporkings. xD

TADA!!!!
Aaaaand I'm already laughing. I haven't even started the first chapter spork yet!

13,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Minerva de Sade
Alexander J Luthor

caligulasAquarium

I had a hunch that was the case. It seemed odd that so many people were really loving this sort of thing, when BDSM normally has a sort of negative social standing. I used to think it was crazy, but now I know it's simply misunderstood, nothing more. ;D

I'll have to wait until I get home to do it. I'm at school, and I'm pretty sure that reading (sporkings of) BDSM-themed fanfiction knock offs is frowned upon on college-owned computers. XD
            User Image
Oh, too true. You wouldn't want the teachers catching you with that, even if it is college.

Sexy Vampire

18,325 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Jack-pot 100
Alexander J Luthor
Oh, too true. You wouldn't want the teachers catching you with that, even if it is college.

caligulasAquarium

Yup. Although, a few of my good friends are aware of my....preferences, and are totally okay with it. They even ask me questions sometimes.User Image

Demonic Businesswoman

10,825 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Conversationalist 100
Minerva de Sade
Alexander J Luthor

caligulasAquarium

User Image

Mental problems, I would assume. The book is scary enough as it is, even from the sporkings, it's obvious! The lady must lack something, but I don't know what it is. Umm...

@Minvera: Just a note for you and Lex: The blue is the actual writing and the rest is the sporkers' commentary. biggrin Sometimes people get that confused.

Sexy Vampire

18,325 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Jack-pot 100
NightfallDuet
Mental problems, I would assume. The book is scary enough as it is, even from the sporkings, it's obvious! The lady must lack something, but I don't know what it is. Umm...

@Minvera: Just a note for you and Lex: The blue is the actual writing and the rest is the sporkers' commentary. biggrin Sometimes people get that confused.

caligulasAquarium

Bitches be crazy.

I figured. I've read some of the sporkings from Twilight, so this shouldn't be too hard to navigate.
            User Image

13,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Minerva de Sade
Alexander J Luthor

caligulasAquarium

Yup. Although, a few of my good friends are aware of my....preferences, and are totally okay with it. They even ask me questions sometimes.User Image

This is just me, but I still do think that sex should be more of a behind-closed-doors thing. Not because I have an issue with sex, but because too many people are showing an interest in extreme things like Fifty Shades of Grey. The women who are really into this are looking at pure hatred and humiliation, not BDSM. If someone has an interest in you, they don't force you to sign a contract that completely takes away your free will and allows them to beat you with chains if you don't hold your fork the way they want you to. <<<That's terrible and I wouldn't trust these people to be in public.

Demonic Businesswoman

10,825 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Conversationalist 100
Minerva de Sade
NightfallDuet

caligulasAquarium

Bitches be crazy.

I figured. I've read some of the sporkings from Twilight, so this shouldn't be too hard to navigate.
            User Image

Like, totally, dude. xD Sometimes I wonder about James and how similar she is to Meyer....Oh. My. God. SHE'S THE BRITISH VERSION! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! /stops screaming

Well, I hope the two of you enjoy them.

@Lex: I'm not too wild about the sex stuff either. If there is gonna be any, it better be brief because I'm not reading 15 pages of dialogue about how the experience/moves/whatever is/are like. Bleh. *makes a face*

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff