Welcome to Gaia! ::

onoderas's Honey Bun

EVERYTHING D:<
If she didn't go to kings landing and ******** b***h to Ned about how the Lannisters tried to murder Bran then none of this s**t would be happening and Ned would be alive.
Also she ******** hates Jon just because he's a b*****d.
What the ******** did Jon ever do to her?
Ned was the one who ******** and chucked some whore.
******** Catelyn.

I could go further into detail but i don't want to spoil anything for those of you who haven't read the books.

Ferocious Browser

nice avie!

I agree with blaming catelyn for a lot. she was the one talking ned into going to KL in the first place when he didn't want to. she loosed jaime and lost their most valuable hostage, which in turn lost the karstarks and allowed bolton to turn more easily to the lannisters. she took tyrion which started the 'raids' on riverrun that turned into an all out war after ned was killed.

however, i am more of a mind to blame the tully's in general. catelyn made several bad decisions but she was still the smartest of the bunch.

lysa is a retard, there is like no other way to put her delusions and denial. she had a hard life and she's blinded herself and lived a life of romantic lies in her brain ever since. her father started it all with his stupid abortion and forcing her to marry a dude 50 years older, which she in turn caused by ******** some idiot kid who was in love with cat anyway.

edmure lost riverrun which caused rob to have to come save his mother's family, then he lost tywin lannister's attention which cause stannis to fail to take KL.

in the end however, i blame petyr most of all. he grew up with them, learned with them, was scorned by them and grew into a bitter bitter man who decided to take advantage of his knowledge to play them all like puppets to his tune. he is the real cause of just about everything that happens in westeros since the start of game of thrones.

onoderas's Honey Bun

Eveille
nice avie!

I agree with blaming catelyn for a lot. she was the one talking ned into going to KL in the first place when he didn't want to. she

however, i am more of a mind to blame the tully's in general. catelyn made several bad decisions but she was still the smartest of the bunch.

lysa is a retard, there is like no other way to put her delusions and denial. she had a hard life and she's blinded herself and lived a life of romantic lies in her brain ever since. her

edmure

in the end however, i blame

Thank you.
I agree with everything you just said. ******** the Tullys.
Robert Arryn also sucks. ******** knocking over Sansa's snow castle. Little punk.
Why would you blame poor Robert? It's not his fault Lysa turned into what he is. It will take a few years to change his attitude, after all, Lysa made him into what he is. =/

I can see how the Tullys can be a big part in the downfall of King's Landing. Highlight. Cersei actually planned Robert's death and did as much as she could TO kill him. If I read it right in the books Joffrey wanted Bran dead. He was the one who plotted to send the assassin.

So I really think that Catelyn was just the catalyst that brought everything down. =/ It's horrible but that's how I think it is.

2,700 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Contributor 150
I agree with the bit about Jon. She was very mean to Jon, especially in the books. Jon did not create himself...Ned was the one who stepped outside of their marriage (or so, he said...because I doubt Jon is his).
Actually, you're wrong. Everything isn't Catelyn's fault. The war was going to happen no matter what she did. The only thing that would have changed was the Starks' involvement in the war. And who is to say that they wouldn't have eventually gotten involved, knowing what they did about the Lannisters. She didn't "go to kings landing and ******** b***h to Ned," she went there to tell him her suspicions (which were true) because it was the best way to do it. Honestly, I blame Littlefinger. He played them both perfectly and was also the one to convince Lysa to poison Jon Arryn which was basically the catalyst for everything else that happened afterwards.

Ned's death isn't her fault either. It's his own fault. (And Joffrey of course.)

5,900 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
Lady Sansa
Actually, you're wrong. Everything isn't Catelyn's fault. The war going to happen no matter what she did. The only thing that would have changed was the Starks' involvement in the war. And who is to say that they wouldn't have eventually gotten involved, knowing what they did about the Lannisters. She didn't "go to kings landing and ******** b***h to Ned," she went there to tell him her suspicions (which were true) because it was the best way to do it. Honestly, I blame Littlefinger. He played them both perfectly and was also the one to convince Lysa to poison Jon Arryn which was basically the catalyst for everything else that happened afterwards.

Ned's death isn't her fault either. It's his own fault. (And Joffrey of course.)

I agree with this as well. It would have happened anyway after Robert Baratheons death with the Lannisters trying to climb the ladder. In fact they were starting that climb even before he died. I can see trusting Tyrion and seeing him be a better ruler than some. Same with Robb, but I have not finished the second book (only just started) so he could prove to change. Stannis and Renly should not be king at all. Like the welder at the Wall stated, Robert was true steel, while Stannis was iron, and Renly copper. Robert was a true King, and as such they would not be good for the kingdom.
As far as Ned's death, I would say it is partially his fault and mostly Joffrey's. Ned was doing the right thing although he kinda bungled it at the moment when he turned down help from Renly and Renly left the Red Keep before Ned could change his mind. If he had accepted his help from the start things would have gone differently I'm sure. So that is where it is partially his fault. As for the rest, Joffrey is an insane little child and his mother needs to do something about him quickly. Tyrion is doing a good job of correcting the situation as best he can, but he needs the help of Cersie honeslty.
I sincerely believe that all of this is Hodor's fault. A little more watchfulness over young Bran would have prevented that lad from being anywhere near the Lannister siblings Targaryen games.

onoderas's Honey Bun

FallenSin
Why would you blame poor Robert? It's not his fault Lysa turned into what he is. It will take a few years to change his attitude, after all, Lysa made him into what he is. =/

I can see how the Tullys can be a big part in the downfall of King's Landing. Highlight. Cersei actually planned Robert's death and did as much as she could TO kill him. If I read it right in the books Joffrey wanted Bran dead. He was the one who plotted to send the assassin.

So I really think that Catelyn was just the catalyst that brought everything down. =/ It's horrible but that's how I think it is.

There was a spoiler next to what I said about Robert.

Beloved Gekko

Eveille
nice avie!

I agree with blaming catelyn for a lot. she was the one talking ned into going to KL in the first place when he didn't want to. she loosed jaime and lost their most valuable hostage, which in turn lost the karstarks and allowed bolton to turn more easily to the lannisters. she took tyrion which started the 'raids' on riverrun that turned into an all out war after ned was killed.

lysa is a retard, there is like no other way to put her delusions and denial. she had a hard life and she's blinded herself and lived a life of romantic lies in her brain ever since. her father started it all with his stupid abortion and forcing her to marry a dude 50 years older, which she in turn caused by ******** some idiot kid who was in love with cat anyway.

edmure lost riverrun which caused rob to have to come save his mother's family, then he lost tywin lannister's attention which cause stannis to fail to take KL.

in the end however, i blame petyr most of all. he grew up with them, learned with them, was scorned by them and grew into a bitter bitter man who decided to take advantage of his knowledge to play them all like puppets to his tune. he is the real cause of just about everything that happens in westeros since the start of game of thrones.

I agree with you, and I especially don't like how she becomes later! Spoiler: killing the Freys is great, but what did poor Pod or Brienne do?

Rainbow Fairy

47,850 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
O_o

Right.......

I really don't see how Catelyn can be blame for pretty much just being a mother and a wife.

She hates Jon because he is the representation of her husbands unfaithfulness and she went to Kings land because her son was almost murdered, who wouldn't want justice/revenge for that? *shrug*

From what I have read of the books so far (I've done 4 so far) I would place the "blame" on either Littlefinger, Robert Baratheon and possibly to a some degree Varys.... but then it depends on what are we trying to lay blame for?

Robert was a s**t king.... he pretty much just lavished in the title, doing nothing but ******** and eating..... if he had been a better king then everything would have been different.

And Littlefinger and Varys have plotted and schemed and planned every move since forever (they are both puppet masters, Petyr for his own goals and Varys for the "greater good of the people" wink

onoderas's Honey Bun

Ramsay Bolton
I sincerely believe that all of this is Hodor's fault. A little more watchfulness over young Bran would have prevented that lad from being anywhere near the Lannister siblings Targaryen games.

Hodor was a stable boy before Bran became crippled. Hodor's only responsibility to bran was AFTER he became a cripple.
Of House Stark
If she didn't go to kings landing and ******** b***h to Ned about how the Lannisters tried to murder Bran then none of this s**t would be happening and Ned would be alive.
******** Catelyn.

I could go further into detail but i don't want to spoil anything for those of you who haven't read the books.

Not to mention she pushed Ned to go to Kingslanding in the first place.

Who leaves their 3/4 yr old and an 8 yr old for several months...then when her oldest son tells her to return home she refuses.

I hate her. There are a lot of other things that she did that anger me.

Wheezing Bookworm

Of House Stark
******** Catelyn.

Now, now that's no way to talk about your mother.

Catelyn's duty was to warn her husband of the Lannister danger when she found out who was behind Bran's fall. She handled herself very well at that moment.

The way she treats Jon is a shame. It's also more of a shame, because I don't think Jon is actually Eddard's son. :O I have a crazy theory that can't be proven or disproven at this point.

Catelyn does one action in particular in the second book that is questionable, but her heart was in the right place. She certainly doesn't deserve all that happens to her.
Of House Stark

I'm not a huge Cat fan, either.

By the way, you know nothing, Jon Snow.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out