Welcome to Gaia! ::

Is anyone hyped for this? I know I am.

Any expectations low or high?
Janjo10
Is anyone hyped for this? I know I am.

Any expectations low or high?

I'm emotionally confused about it honestly. I play MMOs all the time, and I love the Elder Scrolls games, but from the information that has come out about the Elder Scrolls MMO, it doesn't sound like a real Elder Scrolls game--just a MMO with an Elder Scroll's mythos which I can easily live without.
Wasn't it turn based? That usually means that it's viewed from bird perspective. I wouldn't mind playing TES online if it would be similar to the others (Meaning real time and fist person view), but maybe I'll just pass this one.
FinDefaulted
Wasn't it turn based? That usually means that it's viewed from bird perspective. I wouldn't mind playing TES online if it would be similar to the others (Meaning real time and fist person view), but maybe I'll just pass this one.

I think it is like some other MMOs (like Wow) in that your attacks all have a cooldown. So not exactly turn based but certainly not action oriented like the other TES games either.

6,600 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
well i was very hyped, untill they said no homes and i was like WTF, Runescape has houses! And i am sure other mmos do too!
I actually managed to get interested again. The info that I found said that you can travel through Tamriel, I've always been interested in seeing all the places in some new game and this has it. Pretty cool. Also one screen shot that I saw looked pretty similar to your everyday MMORPG, so it's not that bad.

Hallowed Knight

8,700 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: KO 200
I have no interest in MMO's in general, so I have no real interest in this MMO. I don't care what they do, so long as it never interferes with their main product, the single player TES game. Once it interferes, they will have ruined their game series, concidering that you must remember the big thing about TES games is your the hero, now in TESO you will just be a common adventurer, nothing special about you.
Hot key combat = evil

I would have higher expectations but honestly, with all the info released so far, it just seems like a generic WoW wannabe.
I don't have high hopes for it. Especially if it continues down the path it's taking right now.
I'm scared that its gonna suck to be honest, I think they should have just gone straight to planning ES6 instead lol
Lord Zatox
I'm scared that its gonna suck to be honest, I think they should have just gone straight to planning ES6 instead lol

You realize Bethesda's main team isn't working on it right? Zenimax hired a specific team for this project 5 years ago while Bethesda was working on Skyrim.
Im to the left there
Lord Zatox

You realize Bethesda's main team isn't working on it right? Zenimax hired a specific team for this project 5 years ago while Bethesda was working on Skyrim.

Really? I did not know this. Thank you for pointing it out though. smile
Lord Zatox
Im to the left there
Lord Zatox

Really? I did not know this. Thank you for pointing it out though. smile

It is that very thing that makes me think I will just have to skip this MMO venture.

Hilarious Genius

Not so high expectations. It's probably just going to be somewhat like WoW with TES Lore. Nevertheless; big fan of the series, so I'm planning to play it or at least give it a chance. XD

IRL Grabber

7,550 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Nerd 50
  • Grunny Grabber 50
Low expectations. The Elder Scrolls engines and the themes are built for one player. It's going to be weird having multiple "One and Only Hero"es.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff