Welcome to Gaia! ::

2,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Person of Interest 200
Is. Kurt to gay my answer no nobody can be to gay

Beloved Dabbler

do you mean 'is Kurt too gay'?- or is he gay irl?

I find he's quite a pleasant representation of the young LGBT community

Familiar Shapeshifter

6,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
Kurt too gay..NEVER!! love Kurt!!

Beloved Gekko

5,600 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Member 100
Yes kurt is gay
I don't think someone can be too gay.
KURTS AMAZING OKAY

Hoarder

This is why the usage of the word "gay" is too loosely said among our society and needs to stop because I don't think the OP is actually calling Kurt out on his sexual orientation but more on his flamboyant personality.

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Hygienic 200
I'm assuming you mean is Kurt TOO gay? As in, he acts too much like the stereotypical homosexual? xd eh. I've heard lots of views on this. While I agree sometimes he can be a bit over exaggerated (I know many gay men and teens, and not one of them have ever expressed interest in using the girl's restroom?) I find him sweet and charming and he's certainly not meant to be a serious rep for the LGBT community. So I dont really think he is, and anyone who is seriously offended by him should really try and loosen up IMO. I think a lot of times his character is meant for comic relief anyway.
Kurt's gay, but we love him that way.
yeah kurt is gay but hes amazing. hes like the best guy friend i want but probably will never have because hes the gay best friend. no hating on kurt cuz hes ******** awesome ^^
-love glee!

Millionaire

why was this thread even made lol
Rosalindia
I find him sweet and charming and he's certainly not meant to be a serious rep for the LGBT community. So I dont really think he is, and anyone who is seriously offended by him should really try and loosen up IMO. I think a lot of times his character is meant for comic relief anyway.

Completely disagree with you here. I think Kurt IS meant to be a serious "rep" for the LGBT+ community. (When I use the word here, I'm saying that he represents a character who is gay, not necessarily that he represents the entire community, as even just the suggestion that someone could represent the entire community is ridiculous and, depending on who was chosen, at least mildly offensive to a lot of LGBT+ individuals) He's not a purely comic relief character, and if he was, then people really should be offended and upset over it.

Flamboyant gay men have been used as comic relief in movies and on television for decades now, and that's mostly it. Can you name any flamboyant gay character on television that the audience has been expected to take seriously? You might be able to think of one or two, but let's add on an additional caveat: how many of them have been on main broadcast networks? Pretty sure that number just dropped down to zero. (assuming we're not including glee in this mix)

Generally, flamboyant gay men are used as jokes in television because nobody thinks these men should be taken seriously. Now, you may not know gay men like this, but I certainly do. They do exist, and they deserve respect and serious representation just as much as the next person. I think Kurt has been a really great character for that serious representation. (And if you have seen episodes like Never Been Kissed, Preggers, Prom Queen, Grilled Cheesus, Dance With Somebody, I Am Unicorn, or any of the episodes with Kurt as a main character, you have seen that yes, this character is taken seriously, given incredible story lines, and treated with just as much respect as any other character on the show, and sometimes more.)

If anyone is offended by Kurt, yes, they need to calm down. But the reason isn't because Kurt isn't taken seriously. He is taken seriously, and he SHOULD be taken seriously. Anything else would be worthy of taking offense at. If people are offended by Kurt, they need to calm down because Glee has made it clear that, while Kurt is and example of LGBT+ representation on television, he is by no means presented as being representative of the entire group. Lots of other LGBT+ characters have been on the show, either as cast regulars or guest stars. It's not like Glee is saying Kurt is the only type of gay, and anyone who thinks they are clearly isn't watching the same show I am.

Dapper Dabbler

1. There is already a thread about this.
2. No.
Nobody can be "too gay."
Would you go up to a straight male/female and tell them that they're "too straight"?
No, you wouldn't, so why would you do the same to someone who identifies as homosexual?

2,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Person of Interest 200
Your ummmm.... Anyways wat u just said board me to death and I didn't really care

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff