Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image
Nite

Nite continued to fire arrows into the draugr he had been aiming at. Another came to his right just out of his sight until he was right on top of him. Nite dropped the bow and drew a steel sword, ducking the undead's sweep to his neck and slicing at its belly. Not surprisingly, if anything came out of the draugrs wound, it was nothing but dust.

Nite drew his second sword and slashed upward, severing the arm of the draugr that held the weapon and then kicked it in the chest out of his way.

Nite looked to Tides to see if she was ok. "Yeah right. I'm trying NOT to go anywhere near these things."
Selenzr opened his mouth to answer Nagem's question about the runes when he saw the argonian dive down the stairs, a fireball flying inches above his head. He knew the mage would be upon them in a few seconds, so he would have to act fast. He shot tree ice runes in quick succession, one landing on the foot of the stairs and one on each wall on either side of the narrow stairway right above the first.

The mage ran into view of the group at the bottom of the stairs just in time to see the dark elf cast the ice runes on the stairs. He stopped in his tracks, sending his own fire atronach to set off the runes. After the first rune went off, it set off the other two in a chain reaction, sending a huge blast of wind and ice shards in both the directions up and down the stairs.

The Thalmor mage already had a ward up in front of him, protecting him from the blast. Selenzr was able to jump back away from the blast, getting a ward up at the last second. However, it wasn't charged enough by the time the blast hit him and he was pushed by the powerful gust of wind and ice shards, knocking the wind out of him and slamming him into the wall.

Selenzr hit the ground with a loud gasp as he tried to force air into his lungs. He screamed in pain, knowing for sure that the impact had definitely broken at least one of his ribs and his right wrist. He looked up to see the Thalmor mage at the foot of the stairs charging another fireball, looking right at the Dunmer with a menacing grin on his face.

Selenzr didn't have enough energy in him to cast even a simple ward to guard him from the fireball. He just lied there waiting for the fireball to end his life.

Witty Cleric

10,800 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
"Are you having trouble, Syon?" The voice was soft, from immediately behind the hooded, masked mage. It was Narcissis, the Atronauch was drifting behind a bend in the tower, a charged fireball rotating in her hand. "I thought someone was down here... that's why I stuck around. Guess I was right."
The Atronauch slipped around the corner, and threw the fireball like a toy. It shot forward and slammed into the other Atronauch, with a crack. "Allow me to take care of my double... she will fade with time, I will not. Take care of her summoner." With that, the atronauch rushed forward, a flaming wall in her wake. The demonesses locked into a grappling match, pushing and shoving, sharp claws leaving dents in decorative armor. they'd separate only long enough to throw two or three fireballs at eachother, before closing ground and grappling again. ((Sometimes I loved it when my atronauchs would hang out outside of towers... It was nice... until I ran into mages INSIDE of towers))

~~~

Nagem grimaced visibly as Tha'zash came back down the stairs, followed by a resounding crash from just a few stairs up... the sound of a fireball connecting with stone. "Lovely, and he's on guard..." She bit her lip, fangs glinting faintly in the light as she looked around, 'Hmmmm..." She ran down the stairs, into the main room and ducked down, out of sight.

That was when Selenzr made his move. The Ice runes were a good idea, except against a mage, they were practically useless. With his ward up, the Thalmor didn't take any sort of damage, not to mention the repercussions the damn things would have on everyone else in the room. She herself was useless at wards, she could heal, oh yes, but she couldn't defend. So as the chilled wind raked through the room, she shivered, once more glad that she was undead, or the frost would hurt her much more than simply frosting her skin and making her sparkle in the candle-light. She slipped from cover, creeping excruciatingly slowly toward the mage, her footsteps silent on the floor, until her foot caught on something...

A guard's body, the armor rattled loudly, and she pounced as the mage attempted to turn around, a fireball charged and ready in hand. She grabbed his shoulders and pulled him backwards, sinking her fangs into his neck while both hands glowed, wounds opening up across his body and blood draining from them to gather in her palms and soak in as if she were draining the life from his body... She was.
She released the mage, letting him fall to the ground, and clutch at his bleeding wounds, gasping for breath and floundering in a puddle of his own blood. She licked her lips slightly, before turning away from him, someone else would finish the job, she was sure... "Are you okay, Necromage?"
User Image
Syon ~ Silver

Syon watched as the friendly atronach tackled against the enemy atronach. He had a feeling the elf wasn't concentrating on them though and waiting for Syon to make his move. Syon concentrated for a moment and cast stoneflesh upon himself. Though his clothes covered all of his skin, Syon's skin was as hard as rock now. A fireball would still hurt slightly, but he'd be able to withstand it for now.

Syon thrust his hand out into the opening first, sending a lightning bolt. As he thought, the mage blocked it with his warning spell and then shot his own fireball at him. It struck Syon in the shoulder, burning his robes, but the masked mage continued to advance, charging a powerful lighting bolt in both hands, then shooting it out. The elf put up another ward, but the force still made him stumble. Syon drew Soul Dagger, and while the mage was still recovering from the knock back, he plunged the dagger into his heart, holding the elf's arm with his other hand in case he decided to cast one last spell.

Witty Cleric

10,800 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
Tides swung the axe around, cleaving the draugr's head from it's shoulders and she paused, breathing heavily. She dropped the greataxe to the ground and leaned over, panting. "Can't... breath..." she muttered, "I think one of these bastards... had a poisoned weapon..." she groaned faintly, still struggling to breath. She had taken a few slices during her fights, two more draugr had ganged up on her during her fight with the axe weilder, and taken her by surprise. She was bleeding pretty heavily from a wound across her back, which glistened in a sickening manner. "You... wouldn't know a curing spell, would you?"
User Image
Nite

Nite picked up his bow and put it on his back as he rushed over to Tides. "Common, how does an assassin become slower than a zombie?" He joked lightly as he sliced at the knees of another draugr. With all of them crippled or dead, he picked up Tides, putting her arm around his neck and started helping her out of the ruins. He didn't have any kind of healing item on him. He usually never carried that kind of thing. "You're gonna have to hold your own wound for now. We've gotta get back to Whiterun."
Selenzr just lied there on the ground trying to get his breath back, along with the strength to speak. After a couple minutes of gasping and groaning, he was finally able to fill his lungs barely enough to choke out a few words, coughing every few words. "I don't...think I can...get up..." he went into a coughing fit for a few seconds and gasped for air, trying to form his next words, "...I'll need help...getting back to town. That is...as long as...there are no more....of these damned elves."

Selenzr went into another coughing fit and held a white cloth from inside his robes up to his mouth, wiping blood from his mouth. He turned his head to the side and puked up blood. He still felt very dazed and his head hurt more than he could imagine. The pain was almost too much for him to handle. He was fighting to keep consciousness while vision blurred in and out.

Witty Cleric

10,800 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
"We need someone who knows restoration..." Tides muttered as she draped her arm across his shoulders. "This is going to ******** us over. These draugr are smart... they use enchanted weapons... Thu'um... I think... maybe we should stick to some of the OTHER ruins for now..." she chuckled, smiling faintly, "Maybe Silent Moons?"

Witty Cleric

10,800 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
Narcissis released the other Atronauch as the summoner died. His summoned creature fizzled out of existance with a crack, and Narci grimaced. "I hope I never go out like that." She muttered, rubbing her nose faintly as she drifted back to Syon, "Are you okay?"

~~~

Nagem nodded faintly, "I can patch you up well enough for you to travel, but little else. I'm good, but I'm not that good." Her hands glowing faintly, she pressed them to his sides. The warm light of restoration magic flooded the room, and she sighed, "That's like splinting a leg or placing a bandage on a sword wound. It will only last so long, we need to get him to the local temple, the priests will be able to heal him better than I." She slipped an arm around Selenzr's shoulders, and propping him up to lean against her side. She had no qualms with him, yes, he reeked of ill-intent, but he hated the Thalmor, that was a reason she could call him friend. "Try not to scream, okay, and don't move your wounded arm, I only patched the internal damage to keep you from bleeding out internally..."
Selenzr was surprised when Nagem started healing his wounds. He was sure they were going to leave him to die. "Thank you...for your help," the dark elf coughed and almost passed out when Nagem lifted him off the ground. Yes, the spells did help, but it did little to take away the pain. If she hadn't told him not to scream, he definitely would have. It was hard enough to hold it back. He was extremely grateful for Nagem's help, especially since he could have sworn that she hated every ounce of his being. I just hope nothing stops us from getting out of here.
User Image
Syon ~ Silver

Syon took the dagger out of the elf's chest. He died right away since the sharp edges hit his heart. He looked on as the enemy atronach died and Nagem's atronach approached him. He didn't answer the creature right away. He sheathed his dagger and took one look at his burnt robes, showing skin now instead of stone, and sighed. It wasn't so much that he got hit, but that his robes were ruined. He passed Narcissis and started to head back to the tower area to the others.

User Image
Nite

"I'd have to agree with you for now." Seeing as they didn't get too far into the ruins, they were already making their way up the spiral staircase toward the entrance. "I don't suppose your horse follows you where ever you go, does he..." Nite opened the door and walked them both out.

Witty Cleric

10,800 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
"Come." Nagem said as she led him toward the stairs and down through the tower. "We will return at a later date. There is always more to be done." She was careful with hi, guiding him down the stairs as gently as she could, trying not to jostle him too much. "If I could make this easier, I would, but I've only got so much energy to spend. I do not have any magicka potions on me, they were all in my pack, which was in my cloak, which is still at the inn." She gave a small laugh, and sighed, "Should have brought it with me." she grumbled faintly, looking out a window as they wound their way down. "At least the lower levels are clear. We needn't worry."

~~~~

Outside the ruins, at the top of the wall, her horse snorted loudly, a few wolves scattered at it's feet, hoofmarks covering their fur. "Actually... thankfully Sha'alla does..."
Selenzr felt like he was going to black out every step they took. He knew the altmer was trying her best to make him feel as little pain as possible. She did just save his life so he definitely wasn't complaining. What kind of magic user goes into battle without any magicka potions? He was surprised with the carelessness of the Archmage.

"Luckily, I always have a few on me at all times," he tried to reach into his pouch but it was on the side of his injured arm. He tried to use his injured arm to grab it and groaned in pain. He would have brought attention to them if he hadn't put his other hand over his mouth, muffling the scream. "They're in my pouch if you need them. Take as many as you need, I can make more later." He looked up at the altmer and smiled, grateful that ,for the first time in almost his whole life, someone cared for him.
User Image
Syon ~ Silver

Syon was already standing at the base of the tower outside, waiting for the rest of them to make there way out. Before he left, he made sure to tear off pieces of clothe from the Thalmor mages robes so he could fix his own later. The damage didn't do anything to the enchantment, Syon just didn't want to look like crap.

User Image
Nite

Nite smiled as they made their way to her horse. "Well that's just cheating." He laughed. He let Tides off his shoulder and helped her onto the horse. "If you can, you should go ahead of me and head to the temple to heal yourself. I'll catch up with you later."

Witty Cleric

10,800 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
She smiled faintly, "It's okay, I do not need them." she said softly, "The best I can do is heal surface wounds. Bones and internal injuries are the bane of my existence. As an immortal I don't usually worry about them, so I never really learned the heavier cure spells." She bit her lips slightly as they rounded the last corner and came to the tower door. "Now all that's left is getting down the mountain... easier said than done... Wish I had a horse."

~~~

Tides looked down at him, "Sha'alla can take another person, come on... I'll need someone to keep me on here anyhow..." She was being honest, as she spoke she was drooping in the saddle. The poison was really working away at her defenses, and that wasn't good, especially for an argonian. The race that could hold their own against nearly any sickness or poison, had very few weaknesses. One of the only being frost bite venom... probably what was smeared on the blades of those Draugr... Frostbites loved draugr caves.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff