Welcome to Gaia! ::

??

Shapeshifter

User Image Excluding extreme mental handicaps or unwavering laziness, yes.

Even I'm close to the unwavering lazy spectrum and I somehow churn tibits out. xp

6,250 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
No.

Anyone can learn to draw. It's rather or not you are dedicated enough to learn and do what needs to be done.

Or....what Uronoro said...

Invisible Kitten

9,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
Anyone can do almost anything if they try. i.e. That guy on Youtube who plays CoD with his face. He's why I find it hard not to dismiss people who say they can't draw because they're not good at it or whatever.

7,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Anyone can try, I doubt everyone will suceed though.

Leaf

no. Very few people ever achieve the title of artist.

Witty Genius

No. People can draw, but there is a level of comprehension of the fundamentals of art creation that is needed in order to be an artist, and not everyone can grasp it

Tipsy Fairy

15,550 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Love Machine 150
  • Nudist Colony 200
TekoaNaman
No. People can draw, but there is a level of comprehension of the fundamentals of art creation that is needed in order to be an artist, and not everyone can grasp it

This.

Tipsy Nerd

10,300 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Seeing as not even the professors at my school could argue what art was; I'm going to say it's easy to be an artist, but difficult to be considered good one...
That depends how you define art.

In my opinion, art is anything not directly tied to survival or reproduction. You have to go to work, you have to eat, you have to wear clothes to function in most societies. That doesn't count.

But if you draw a bunny in your latte foam, sing and soft-shoe on the assembly line, doodle little robots in the margins of your homework, or carefully apply make-up and choose a coordinating outfit with care before you put it on? That's art. You don't have to do it, you do it because you like to. It makes life better. it makes you happier.

Most people are artistic. So, most people are artists. Professional artists, no. But artists.

Witty Genius

hendre
Seeing as not even the professors at my school could argue what art was; I'm going to say it's easy to be an artist, but difficult to be considered good one...

Good one

Witty Genius

I think you should specify what you mean by artist, aliwashere10. Because, as IronSpike mentions, there are different forms of art, and different occupations revolving around art. As a result, we're gonna give you very different responses, and that may not be what you want

Tipsy Nerd

10,300 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
TekoaNaman
hendre

Good one

thanks C:

6,300 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
pretty much but it takes a special skill to be good at it

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash