Welcome to Gaia! ::

o_o Wow. I wish I could afford that much manga. xD My collection is pathetic.

Blessed Cutie-Pie

5,700 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Friendly 100
Counting Sheep Number Two
ambercrystal
Ok, the other day I used my Borders card and got the following.
Cardcaptor Sakura volume 1
Shugo Chara volume 2
Meru Puri volume 2 (free because of my Borders card)

Also, has anyone else heard about the omnibus editions of some older Clamp works being released by Dark Horse? They are doing Cardcaptor Sakura!

Ohh, I've heard about Dark Horse rereleasing some of CLAMP's works.
I'm extremely excited.
Aren't they doing Magic Knight Rayearth too?
I'm even more excited about that one, because even though I've read it, it'd still be nice to own it. ;D

Yep, they are doing Magic Knight Rayearth, and Clover as well. I haven't read Cardcaptor Sakura yet, and it took me months to find the first volume, so I am really looking forward to those re-releases! I haven't read Clover or Magic Knight Rayearth either, so I am thinking that I will get them when they are removed too.

Magical Bunny

21,490 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Budding Witch 250
ambercrystal
ambercrystal
Ok, the other day I used my Borders card and got the following.
Cardcaptor Sakura volume 1
Shugo Chara volume 2
Meru Puri volume 2 (free because of my Borders card)

Also, has anyone else heard about the omnibus editions of some older Clamp works being released by Dark Horse? They are doing Cardcaptor Sakura!

Ohh, I've heard about Dark Horse rereleasing some of CLAMP's works.
I'm extremely excited.
Aren't they doing Magic Knight Rayearth too?
I'm even more excited about that one, because even though I've read it, it'd still be nice to own it. ;D

Yep, they are doing Magic Knight Rayearth, and Clover as well. I haven't read Cardcaptor Sakura yet, and it took me months to find the first volume, so I am really looking forward to those re-releases! I haven't read Clover or Magic Knight Rayearth either, so I am thinking that I will get them when they are removed too.

Clover I knew about because not all that long ago I got it when it was in the new releases section (after completely freaking out because I saw it xP).
And I used to have all of CCS before the first three volumes were taken from me, though I still have hope of getting them back. xD

Invisible Seeker

6,550 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
ambercrystal

Magic Knight Rayearth is awesome! mrgreen It's probably my favorite CLAMP series.

I've already got all of the old volumes, so the rereleases don't interest me very much. I'm just waiting for Kobato...

Magical Bunny

21,490 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Budding Witch 250
ZepysGirl
ambercrystal

Magic Knight Rayearth is awesome! mrgreen It's probably my favorite CLAMP series.

I've already got all of the old volumes, so the rereleases don't interest me very much. I'm just waiting for Kobato...

Yeah, normally I wouldn't buy something I already have, but I have to make an exception for CCS, because it's my favorite series. ;D

Invisible Seeker

6,550 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Yeah, normally I wouldn't buy something I already have, but I have to make an exception for CCS, because it's my favorite series. ;D

Are they going to add anything special to the new releases? I know the Clover one has lots of pretty color pages, but those might have been in the original releases, I don't know.

Magical Bunny

21,490 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Budding Witch 250
ZepysGirl

Are they going to add anything special to the new releases? I know the Clover one has lots of pretty color pages, but those might have been in the original releases, I don't know.

TBH, that's what I'm really hoping for.
If not, I'll still enjoy them. xP

7,550 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Junior Trader 100
892!
Haruka #7
Butterflies, Flowers #2

Magical Bunny

21,490 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Budding Witch 250
I got the second Battle Royale Ultimate Edition on... Thursday I think.
Yes, Thursday. ;D
I forgot what I posted...sigh. I did just buy the Twilight Comic (mainly for the drawings and the realism help). I really like the art heart

Shadowy Phantom

Really? I haven't seen much of it, but I thought the art was bad D: It's not stereotypical-shoujo bad, but it looks dead, the faces are skewed, etc. It's the dark side of stylization: when an artist tries to do lightly stylized realism and fails at the realism part, ending up with lifeless stylization.

If you want inspiration on how to do more realistic comic art, look at Inoue Takehiko's current works (Vagabond, Real) and Ikegami Ryouichi's manga (Sanctuary and Heat should be easy to find, but he has some newer ones too).

The dollar-yen exchange rate rose about a yen today, I hope that's not an April Fool's joke D: I want the USD back at 100 yen dammit.

Invisible Seeker

6,550 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
I've also got the graphic novel, and the 2 girls I've lent it out to have both said that the art was really pretty. o.o One of them likes Twilight (but's not an insane fangirl), the other one runs away screaming at the sight of the first novel, so I don't think they were biased.

I didn't like it very much, but that's probably because, when I pictured "manga Twilight", I pictured, well, manga Twilight, not manhwa Twilight.
I'm here; I'm right next to you.
Call me, I'm here.

New Manga# 394

13th Boy vol.3
Ristorante Paradiso vol.1
Happy Cafe vol. 2
Shaman King vol. 17
Red Hot Chili Samurai vol. 1

My Birth Day Presents <3

Trust me, there's nothing to be afraid of.
My dear, an invisible thread

6,250 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
I finally have a pic guys! biggrin

User Image

There's also a shelf that's not pictured, but you get the idea.
I'm here; I'm right next to you.
Call me, I'm here.

New Manga# 396

Magic Touch vol.7
Natsume's Book Of Friends vol.2

Today I saw a Big boy volume of Chobits by Dark Horse. I very excited that Chobits is back; I never got to collect the series. Does anyone know if Dark horse picked up any of the other manga that Tokyo Pop lost?

Trust me, there's nothing to be afraid of.
My dear, an invisible thread

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces