Welcome to Gaia! ::

*Dont look at me like that its only a week* I smiled. He looked at me like i was crazy not to be worried about ridding on an airplan by myself. *Babe, I just think you shoud just stay here.* He had a smirk on his face. Thinking I would actually give in. *No boo, Im sorry I need to visit my family, you just need to understand that. Next time I will stay with you okay.* as I got closer he leaned in to kiss me as I close my eyes and a chill runs threw my spin and goose bumps cover my body. I bite my lip. *No! Thats not fair!* I laugh and walk back. *Please stay babe Im going to worry about you!* I walked into the bathroom to brush my teeth *Not gonna happen!* as I close the door.

My parents were out of town for two weeks like always and Adrian was sleeping over at my place the rest of the week until I leave to New Mexico. I was going to stay with my Grandpa but he passed on 1 week ago so I will be going to his funeral then staying with my aunts. I went to take a shower and when I got out and got dressed I went to bed where Adrian was lying. I layed down with him as he held me and we fell asleep.

The next morning I woke up and Adrian had left to his house so I got up and got some sereal. I got my phone and texted my friends *Fwd: Yuh down for tonight?* I smiled and ate my cereal *hell yeah Im ready!*

It was about 7:30 P.M. *What about this one babe?* I turned around and smiled *eh, its iight.* Adrian smiled as I stuck my tongue out at him, he laughed *Im just kidding boo you look beautiful in everything* He was sitting down looking up at me as he grabbed my waste and pulled me onto him I laughed as he held me tight I kissed him and we switched positions and I wrapped my legs around him and started kissing him. I was still a virgin. I whispered in his ear *Im ready.* he froze for a second and looked me in the eye. *What? Are you sur-*
*Yes.* I looked up at him and thought to myself I have been with him for 3 years since 8th grade and I love him. I kissed him and Said *Yes, Im ready.* We undressed and made-love all night.

I woke up next to him, it was the first time Adrian ever stayed with me all night I was happy and I looked at him sleep and went to the bathroom and get something to eat. I checked my phone and everyone was blowing up my messages *Hey where are you!?!* *Dude I thought we were gonna hang tonight* I didn't care about anything except how amazing last night was I felt happy and I wasn't hungry so I went back to sleep with Adrian we slept all day until it was 4:30 and someone was knocking on my door I answered it and it was Adrians mom.
*Hello, Do you know where Adrian is?*
*Oh, Um, I have no idea I heard he was staying at his friends house though*
*Oh okay thank you have a nice day.*
*Alright you too*

I closed the door and ran upstairs *Adrian Wake up!* I threw a pillow at him *Whoa what happened*
He looked at me and smiled *you need to wake up your mom is looking for you!* He frooze and hoped out of bed *Oh s**t, Oh wait sorry babe* I smiled and threw him his cloths and he ran out of my house I looked out of my window and blew him a kiss and he cought it and put it on his heart. I was going on an airplain tomorrow and Adrian wont be seeing me tonight aha but I will see him tomorrow I ate my dinner and took a shower.

-------------------------------------

Any feed back I would appreciate it ; )
I'll be critiquing your writing, so here's a little key. Grammar mistakes are in red, verb tense mistakes are in italics spelling mistakes are in green, suggestions are in blue, sentence issues are bold, and miscellaneous mistakes are in gray.

KiTty DiaMOnd xD
"Don't look at me like that; it's only a week," I smiled.

This sentence is a run-on, and I have made a suggestion of how to fix it. Asterisks have no place in dialogue; use quotation marks instead. "Don't" is a contraction, and it requires an apostrophe.

Quote:
He looked at me like I was crazy not to be worried about riding on an airplane by myself.

The word "I", in reference to oneself, is capitalized. Ridding means to get rid of something, while riding means to ride on something. (I know it's kind of obvious, sorry)

Quote:
"Babe, I just think you should just stay here."

There are some dialogue issues here. Usually, dialogue carries a narrative part. For example:

"Let's go play!" said Billy-Bob.

Of course, there are many things that can be used instead of said, and there is a link to two hundred and fourteen of those synonyms below.

Quote:
He had a smirk on his face,thinking I would actually give in.

The second half of this quote is a fragment which I've suggested a revision for.

Quote:
"No,boo. I'm sorry. I need to visit my family,and you just need to understand that. Next time I will stay with you, okay?"

This is a run-on which I've suggested a revision for.

Quote:
As I got closer, he leaned in to kiss me. As I close my eyes, and a chill runs threw through my spine and goose bumps cover my body.

This is a run-on which I've suggested a revision for. There are some verb tense issues, which I've put in italics. Until this point in the story, everything was in past tense, but from this point on, everything is in present tense.

Quote:
I bite my lip. "No! That's not fair!" I laugh and walk back.

Where exactly is the main character walking back to?

Quote:
"Please stay, babe! Im going to worry about you!"

This is a run-on which I've suggested a revision for.

Quote:
I walked into the bathroom to brush my teeth.

The link included here is directed to a few synonyms for the word "walk", which is a somewhat weak descriptive word.

Quote:
"Not gonna happen!" I said as I close the door.

The link included here is directed to two hundred and fourteen synonyms for the word "said", which is a somewhat weak descriptive word.

Quote:
My parents were out of town for two weeks like always, and Adrian was sleeping over at my place for the rest of the week until I leave to New Mexico.

Why are the parents always out of town for two weeks? Do they know about Adrian? Do they know he sleeps over? To me, it sounds like bad parenting.

Quote:
I was going to stay with my grandpa, but he passed on 1 a week ago. so I will be going to his funeral and then staying with my aunts.

If her parents are constantly out of town, do they drop her off in New Mexico every time? Or is it just to go visit? Is the main character staying with one aunt or multiple? (It confused me slightly)

Quote:
I went to take took a shower, and when I got out, and I got dressed. I went to bed where Adrian was lying.

Quote:
I laid down with him as he held me, and we fell asleep.

Quote:
The next morning I woke up, and Adrian had left to his house. so I got up and got some cereal.

So he ditches the main character in the middle of the night. What a fantastic guy.

Quote:
I got my phone and texted my friends. *Fwd: Yuh down for tonight?* I smiled and ate my cereal. *hell yeah I'm ready!*

The reason why I didn't correct the dialogue in this part is because I'm not exactly sure how to format text message dialogue, as I have never done it before (nor have I ever had any need to).

Quote:
It was about 7:30 P.M.

Random time skip because....?

Quote:
"What about this one, babe?"

So, the main character is back with her boyfriend? That's slightly... Obsessive. What happened to her friends?

Quote:
I turned around and smiled.

Okay, I'm so confused about what they're doing at this point.

Quote:
"Eh, it's iight."

Sudden vernacular changing to Ebonics because...? By the way, who is saying what?

Quote:
Adrian smiled as I stuck my tongue out at him. He laughed

This is a run-on which I've suggested a way to correct.

Quote:
"I'm just kidding, boo. You look beautiful in everything.

I still have no idea what's going on here. I assume the main character and her boyfriend are playing dress up.

Quote:
He was sitting down, looking up at me as he grabbed my waiste and pulleding me onto him. I laughed as he held me tight. I kissed him, and we switched positions. and I wrapped my legs around him and started kissing him.

This is a dinosaur of a run-on, which I've corrected for you.

Quote:
I was still a virgin.

Um. Okay? That's kind of random.

Quote:
I whispered in his ear," I'm ready."

So, if the boyfriend knows what the main character means, then he must be thinking about it. No wonder why he's sleeping over constantly; he's trying to get lucky.

Quote:
He froze for a second and looked me in the eye.

Someone's excited. Or unwilling. I can't really tell from the lack of details.

Quote:
"What? Are you sur-"

Quote:
"Yes."

Quote:
I looked up at him and thought to myself. I have been with him for 3 years since 8th grade, and I love him.

Quote:
I kissed him and said, "Yes, I'm ready."

Quote:
We undressed and made no hyphen neededlove all night.

It doesn't sound very responsible. Either he constantly had a condom with him, or the main character is on birth control, or the main character is boy, or the main character is probably pregnant now.

Quote:
I woke up next to him, it was the first time Adrian ever stayed with me all night I was happy and I looked at him sleep and went to the bathroom and get something to eat.

But wait, I thought Adrian was always staying the night.

Quote:
I checked my phone and everyone was blowing up my messages *Hey where are you!?!* *Dude I thought we were gonna hang tonight* I didn't care about anything except how amazing last night was I felt happy and I wasn't hungry so I went back to sleep with Adrian we slept all day until it was 4:30 and someone was knocking on my door I answered it and it was Adrians mom.

So the main character blew off her friends to do the dirty with her boyfriend. She promised to hang out with them, or "be down for the night", or whatever it is you crazy kids are calling it now-a-days. What happened?

Of course the main character isn't hungry; she just ate something.

They slept until 4:30? Um, I'm not sure how realistic that is.

So, Adrian's mother shows up, and the main character answers the door naked? What?

Quote:
"Hello. Do you know where Adrian is?"
"Oh. Um, I have no idea. I heard he was staying at his friends house though."
"Oh, okay, thank you. Have a nice day."
"Alright, you too."

Okay, so the main character lies to the mother, why? Is she not supposed to be with her son? If that's the case, why would she show up at the main character's house? Does she know the main character is dating her son? If she doesn't, why would she show up at the main character's house? Isn't Adrian smart enough to call his mother and let him know where he is? Isn't he responsible enough? If he's not responsible enough to let his mother know where he is, he's probably not responsible enough to use a condom, either. If a mother was missing her son for the entire day, wouldn't she be blowing up his phone and threatening to call the cops? Assuming he's been gone for nearly twenty four hours, and his friends haven't seen him, she would get the cops involved.

Quote:
I closed the door and ran upstairs. "Adrian! Wake up!"

Frantic.

Quote:
I threw a pillow at him.

Did it hit him?

Quote:
"Whoa, what happened?"

Uh uh...

Quote:
He looked at me and smiled.

He seems like a slow child.

Quote:
"You need to wake up. Your mom is looking for you!"

Quote:
He froze and hoped out of bed.

Quote:
"Oh s**t. Oh wait, sorry, babe"

Quote:
I smiled and threw him his clothes and he ran out of my house. I looked out of my window and blew him a kiss. and He caught it and put it on his heart. I was going on an airplane tomorrow and Adrian wont be seeing me tonight. aha but I will see him tomorrow. I ate my dinner and took a shower.

Okay, so he gets dressed and runs home to mama. Both characters sound waaaaay too young for sex. If the main character is going on an airplane tomorrow, how will she still see her boyfriend? And what's with the "aha"?

Quote:
-------------------------------------

Any feed back I would appreciate it ; )

Okay, I'm going to word this as nicely as I can. This sounds like it would be an erotic story (especially because of the wink face at the end), except due to Gaia TOS you wouldn't be able to write the "juicy" parts. The parents just so happen to be out of the picture for some period of time, and it seemed that there wasn't even any point to saying anything about the airplane or the dead grandfather because those details weren't really necessary. There were no details about either character and the main character doesn't even have a name or an expressed gender. Both sets of parental figures don't seem to care about their children, and things don't exactly make sense throughout this story. There was also a point where I had no idea what was going on, and I'm sure most who read it would not quite understand that part either.

Other than that, it does sound like it could turn into an "ah crap, pregnancy" kind of story, which is always interesting to read. Will you be continuing this?

I know that sounds very harsh, but I am not good at sugar-coating things. My apologies.

Have a good day/noon/night/morning/dawn/dusk/etc, and happy writing! 3nodding
thank you for your feed back xD 'I'm just a beginner,' thanks for the tips ;D I will use them and yes I was going to continue but not on this website. I'm trying to read other stories so I can get an idea of how to do this whole thing.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff