Welcome to Gaia! ::

walmart. It has everything.
Suicidesoldier#1
Foxyn88
Suicidesoldier#1
Foxyn88
Suicidesoldier#1
Foxyn88
I know of a little country house, that would be very easy to defend; since three out of four sides of the property have a canal running along side it. The odd side out; I'm getting a back-hole and digging a six foot trench and placing sharpened steel pipes in the trench so zombies will just fall into the death trench. Then I'll use a small flamethrower to burn the bastards.

Plus, I have extra land to grow crops, raise a few animal: chickens, milk cows, pigs, and maybe get one or two horses.

Pipes will be useless, as zombies have to be killed in dah head.

It would just make it worse for you.

The pipes would be used in the six foot trench fall pit; when zombies come walking along they'd fall into the trench and get impaled by the sharpen pipes. No they may not land face down on a sharpened pipe, but that's were the flamethrower comes in handy. Any zombie still alive will get roasted by the weekly or sooner burning of the trench; it depends on how many zombies come walking along.

Additionally; during the construction of this Fall Trench/Pit; the pipes will be cemented down in the bed of the trench so they won't move out of place. The pipes will also be placed 1x1 in feet and stand about 3-4 feet tall. The flamethrower will come from a irrigation company that is on the back of a trailer they use for burning hundreds of miles of irrigation ditches out before the farming season. The use of steel pipes is for durablitiy. Wooden spikes will burn and have to be replace, aluniman can melt, so steel or copper pipes would be the better choice and they commonly don't make 2inch iron pipes, plus most piping companies are trying to replace iron pipes because of rusting.

I'm saying that the piping won't matter, sense you have to get a zombie in the head and they might land on anything, which won't really effect them that much. Falling into a pit means they will most likely die anyways, sense they can't get out and will starve.

Also you will run out of fuel FAST, as flamethrowers are very poor weapons plus, where are you going to get one? Maybe pouring some gasoline over the top or something.

I'd just use a spear and go around poking some zombies. That way I have range and don't have to worry about wasting materials and stuff, or that if someone who isn't a zombie falls in an impales themselves well, that won't happen obviously.

It does matter, the addition of the pipes (spikes) provides a greater defensive advantage. Though not all zombies may become impaled on the pipes (spikes); it is more likely that the will get impaled then not. When I observe the movements of these zombies in the show and other show, they are not that stable of walkers, so it would be rear for them to land on their feet during a six foot fall. Even if they did, they’d have to land face forward or with their back against the wall and be forced to crawl. Staggering each role of pipes (spikes) would make it difficult for the zombies to reach the other side of the wall and increases the chances of a zombie being impale in more then once stop.

Take away the pipes (spikes), you it would provide them that chance to get up and walk freely, even climb out of the trench/pit since the walls would be nothing more then dirt. The deeper you dig the pit the high chance you have for the trench/pit caving in. If such was to happen, all those zombies in the pit would climb up out of the trench/pit then you’d have to deal with all of them face on; this would greatly increase the chance of being over-run. If a cave in should occurred with the trench/pit with the pipes (spikes); likely less zombies would emerged from that trench/pit. Making chances of being over ran less likely, but that chance still remains.

As for the flamethrower; I did say where I’d get the flamethrower from, you must have missed that part. I have a feeling you are thinking about an man-portable flamethrower too. It’s not; it’s a 200 gal. propane fueled flamethrower that sits in the back of a pick-up truck. It has the same range of the man-portables, but isn’t as strong, but still will do the job. It is used during the summer to burn the weeds and trash that as collected in the irrigation ditches over the off seasons of farming in my region. The tactical defensive advantage of this flame-truck, allows people to keep their distances from the pit, but deal with the threat lurking in the pit. These that chance of walking on the edge of the trench/pit and the ground giving away; which, would place on in the pit. Likely dead regardless if there’s spikes present or not if there’s zombies walking around. Stabbing a zombie in the head with a spear; one would still risk getting pulled in. With the flame-truck; the truck can be two yards away from the pit and the flame gun operator can still reach the pit from this distances. I know, because I’ve used this flamethrower in the past.

As for fuel for this flamethrower; it doesn’t run off of gasoline or diesel, but propane. Luckily, propane is easier to acquire then gasoline and diesel. There is a propane distribution company, just a few miles out of town; they have enough propane to fuel one persons home for about 50 yrs +, I believe this propane silos contain 50,000 or more gallons of propane. On top of that, about 80% of my population in my town uses propane to heat their homes through the winter. These house have 200-300 gal. propane tanks sitting in their back yards. So fuel is pretty much covered.

Using any of the flame throwers I can get my hands on, would not be used as a offensive weapon; though it is possible to an extent. These flamethrowers would be used as a defensive; ammo would be harder to get my hands on them propane. There are two larger trailer-pulled flamethrowers that I know the locations of and possibly a third located at another irrigation company. Luckily for me, I know how to operate them and they’d be put to use as defensive weapons One aimed on the main bridge, one on the west walk-bridge, and if I can get my hands on the third it will be aimed on the south walk-bridge. Both walk-bridges will be barricaded by bare-wire.

The trench/pit would be located on the eastern perimeter, as the second to last defensive perimeter. Even coming towards this land; one would have to cross one of the following: Dam, Lake, or canal. There’s also already two fences that are up; additionally, two sets of gates would be placed on the damn, there’s another gate that’s already up (Because I helped put it up in 95), double bar-wire fences would be put up to. Hopefully they’ll get tangled in the wire and be forced to crawl. And five yards before the trench there’d be a wooden fences.

Hell yeah, there’d be signs warning about the upcoming dangers. If one can’t read “Danger Trap Pit Ahead” and understand a skull and crossbones or a stick figure falling into a pit with spikes...

Also, I rather put up with the temporary smell of burning flesh the a long term smell of rotting meat.

And honestly, I likely would have more resources then most people would if such an outbreak was to occur that I can pull from the region I live in.

Kay, but several staggered pits would probably be ideal, so that if they do get out, then they'll fall back into another one.

The theory on the spikes is that while it may do a lot of damage to a regular human, it wouldn't really do much to a zombie, as it would be less likely to kill them, and shooting a zombie in the leg or head or so is less likely to incapacitate them.

Also, I recommend some kind of defensive barrier, such as a large wall, which can be made out of mud and trees even, if there are enough in the forest.

I suppose if you have unlimited amounts of propane it won't be an issue, but it would still be very annoying- even assuming you've got 200-300 propane thingies, that's still only like 10 to 20 minutes of propane and that could be used for electricity and heating and whatnot. O_o

I imagine it will always be difficult to get ahold of propane for the same reason it would be difficult to run out and get food and stuff, which is why farms are desirable.

But if you have a lot I suppose it would be manageable- still, spikes probably won't do much to painless mindless insanely durable zombies. 3nodding

Like I've been trying to say; the spikes are more so to surrender them immobile; so they can be dealt with at ones leisure.

check on google maps: this is the location I'd be working with Lake Alice, Funston, Scotts Bluff, Nebraska 69361, find "Pathfinder Canal Rd.; it will be located Northwest of the lake. the area in circled by the road is the property; east of that location is a wild life reservation.

Sweet Wolf

10,350 Points
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
thank you for all the response people
Mikee464
super walmart

See you there. c;
Very few flaws in that plan, Fox...but what are your plans to get food and other necessities in a place like that?

Dangerous Genius

10,150 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
I would go for either New Zealand or Greenland.
Or an decommissioned missile silo.

Beloved Gekko

5,600 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Member 100
i stay some where like a zellers or sears store because the have everything u need to survive plus more
While some ideas are great, I can't help but find some of the posts on here a bit unbelievable lol. Unless you spend months beforehand to prepare and having the right equipment, I can't picture promising outcomes occurring.
When I think of 'zombie outbreaks,' I think of it as happening suddenly, so preparing beforehand is pretty unlikely for me. And I don't own a private jet, so leaving the country isn't gonna happen.
I live near the beach, so I think I'd probably stake out at a condo, near the top floors, for a few days to gather supplies and stuff. And when I feel I have enough amount of supplies to last for a while, I'd probably get one of my friends who owns a boat, and set sail in the big ocean blue towards the small islands near where I live.

But then again, my plan isn't really well thought out. lol. The possibility of zombies invading the condo, or zombies chomping on me while I gather supplies is likely to happen. I guess I'll just hope for the best. sweatdrop

Sweet Wolf

10,350 Points
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
LoveShocker_Mei
While some ideas are great, I can't help but find some of the posts on here a bit unbelievable lol. Unless you spend months beforehand to prepare and having the right equipment, I can't picture promising outcomes occurring.
When I think of 'zombie outbreaks,' I think of it as happening suddenly, so preparing beforehand is pretty unlikely for me. And I don't own a private jet, so leaving the country isn't gonna happen.
I live near the beach, so I think I'd probably stake out at a condo, near the top floors, for a few days to gather supplies and stuff. And when I feel I have enough amount of supplies to last for a while, I'd probably get one of my friends who owns a boat, and set sail in the big ocean blue towards the small islands near where I live.

But then again, my plan isn't really well thought out. lol. The possibility of zombies invading the condo, or zombies chomping on me while I gather supplies is likely to happen. I guess I'll just hope for the best. sweatdrop

good plan miss

7,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Realistically, I couldn't see many survivors in my town beyond the third day. There aren't really many buildings that I would stake my life on when it comes to bugging in. The supermarkets would probably be a no-go thanks to the Dawn of the Dead movies. I can seriously imagine huge rushes for supplies, coupled with mass hysteria and some infected completely ruining things.

I don't know the neighbours around here so I have no idea if any of them are hiding any illegal firearms. That isn't to say that I even know how to use a gun but just having one would be of considerable benefit, at least when having to deal with other survivors. Intimidation and all that other stuff though I'd probably be done for if they had any weapons. Not sure if I could fire on another living human though... guess I'll figure out should I ever need to pull a trigger.

Could probably use the house for a little bit though I can't imagine it would last for very long. Probably something that would be gone by day three as well. Would like to smash out the stairs and confine myself to the upper area of the house but since I'm no structural engineer and don't know anything about this building, I may end up doing more harm than good. Have a ladder up there anyway and escape from upstairs into the backyard isn't much of an issue. Movement shouldn't be too bad either but getting back alone might be tough.

... but yeah, like I said to begin with, realistically, I don't see myself lasting more than 72 hours when s**t hits the fan.

ewfw99's Partner

Romantic Lover

9,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Streaker 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Hold up????? What is this hold up u speek of. If im in a would were Zombies rule im going to be a wonder

1,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250
i would hide at the gun store and use all the gun like left 4 dead and the walking dead

450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
I would hold out at my house until the food is about to run out. Then I would check outside to see how the zombie pop. is doing outside my house and then decide to leave or not.

If i did leave, I would head for the ocean. Atleast if i was going to die, I would like to be somewhere nice. Before i head for the Ocean i would stock up on food, weapons and medicine.

450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
LoveShocker_Mei

I agree with you. I would do the same thing if i leave by the ocean.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff