Welcome to Gaia! ::

3,400 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Brandisher 100
INCORECT SIR
the show is called “Walking Dead because- the Creator wanted the thought and possibility of zombies to be completely unheard of and abnormal in the 'walking dead' world ... I belive they said that last season on talking dead

what you said can't be said as 100% true because we haven’t seen anyone die of a natural death- >_>...
every one we have seen has died from explosion- being shot- or being bitten ,eaten or scratched by a zombie.

why would a scratch infect you ? because your being scratched by someone with rotten flesh . your inereds and theirs are mixing togther . so it would depend on how deep the scratch or tear in the skin is but still .[this example is from something I recently saw on Scared striate ] Like if you get your face clawed by someone who has HIV ,there is a possibility you could of contracted disease ..don’t worry though you still have a lot better chances of living then if you say . . got your stomach ripped open ^0^
Sure there are a lot of idiots screaming “its Air born” but that idea has already been disclaimed .If it was air borne their would be no point in the show because even if the zombie disease effects everyone differently its been long enough and I think they would be dead by now [?]

With that said- a lot of things about the diseases is still a mystery ^0^
This cant be right because, in the bar rick shot those 2 men... i don't think that they turned now did they?

Beloved Gekko

5,600 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Member 100
ZOMBIEZ evil
_iiBe Prince_
This cant be right because, in the bar rick shot those 2 men... i don't think that they turned now did they?

Did he not shoot the first one in the head?
And did he not waste another bullet after killing the fat guy, in his head?

5,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
MY THEORY, AND ITS PROBABLY BEEN SAID BEFORE, IS THAT THE VIRUS IS MUTATING, LIKE THE FLU. THAT'S WHY WE HAVE DISEASE SCARES EVERY NOW AND THEN, A CERTAIN MUTATION TO A VERY INFECTIOUS DISEASE CAUSES IT TO BECOME VIRAL AGAIN.

IN THIS SERIES HOWEVER, THE MUTATION(S) COULD BE THE SPEED OF THE VIRUS, WITH IT GOING AIRBORNE IN A VERY WEAK STATE, THE STRONG, FULL MOLECULE IS TOO HEAVY TO BE AIRBORNE ITSELF. PEOPLE'S BODIES CAN BIOLOGICALLY FIGHT THE WEAK STATE BUT AS SOON AS THE BODY SHUTS DOWN THE VIRUS CAN INVADE SINCE A DEAD BODY HAS NO VIRAL DEFENSES.

IN TURN, IT REANIMATES CELLS AND MAKES THE CELLS PRODUCE THE STRONG INFECTIOUS BIOLOGICAL MOLECULES WHICH COULD REPLACE MOLECULES NOT NEEDED ANYMORE, SUCH AS AMYLASE, SKIN OILS ETC. THATS WHY THE BITE/SCRATCH IS STILL A SURFIRE WAY TO TURN ZOMBO, THE RECENT DEVELOPMENT COULD SUGGEST MUTATION FROM THE ORGINAL STRAIN

4,700 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
omg there is a zombie virus ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh emotion_jawdrop emotion_jawdrop emotion_jawdrop emotion_jawdrop emotion_jawdrop emotion_zombie emotion_zombie emotion_zombie emotion_zombie
I was just under the impression the virus was mutating.
Uitsuji
INCORECT SIR
the show is called “Walking Dead because- the Creator wanted the thought and possibility of zombies to be completely unheard of and abnormal in the 'walking dead' world ... I belive they said that last season on talking dead

what you said can't be said as 100% true because we haven’t seen anyone die of a natural death- >_>...
every one we have seen has died from explosion- being shot- or being bitten ,eaten or scratched by a zombie.

why would a scratch infect you ? because your being scratched by someone with rotten flesh . your inereds and theirs are mixing togther . so it would depend on how deep the scratch or tear in the skin is but still .[this example is from something I recently saw on Scared striate ] Like if you get your face clawed by someone who has HIV ,there is a possibility you could of contracted disease ..don’t worry though you still have a lot better chances of living then if you say . . got your stomach ripped open ^0^
Sure there are a lot of idiots screaming “its Air born” but that idea has already been disclaimed .If it was air borne their would be no point in the show because even if the zombie disease effects everyone differently its been long enough and I think they would be dead by now [?]

With that said- a lot of things about the diseases is still a mystery ^0^
have you even read the ******** comic books

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

HINT THATS EVERYONE AS ZOMBIES
ITS CALLED BEING POETIC
Deputy Rick Grimes
SWFTWLF
Deputy Rick Grimes
SWFTWLF
Basically this.

Burning the bodies definitely doesn't help things; most sure-fire way to spread something is to light the bodies on fire and let their ashes and molecules float in the air. The Black Plague taught us that.
Not like that would even matter anyway, considering as how everyone's already infected.
The zombie virus itself is benign, until you die, that is. in which case it starts rapidly affecting and altering the bodily functions of the person who was carrying it.

You don't need to be bitten to have it. Hell, the virus itself is probably in the water they drink, and the food they eat.
Burning the bodies simply solves the problem of where the ******** are we going to put all these corpses.

digging graves takes time

Well I mean on the off-chance that it's in centralized locations and hasn't spread into isolated populations like, say, an island or colder climates where most infectious viruses, bacteria, etc. have a much hard time moving through air, water, food supplies/sources, etc.

It's like the difference between smoking weed on a joint or in a bong - you smoke a joint, you'll probably be the only one getting high; hit a bong, and anyone in the same room as you might get a buzz from the smoke alone.
It's definitely global.

Remember, the infection itself isn't fatal.
People could have been travelling by air for months, spreading it to all corners of the globe before it started, well, y'know, popping up in terms of folks not bein' very good at the whole staying dead thing.

and then once the dead started waking up, there would be riots/mass panics
people would get killed in the streets
and then they'd wake up and kill more people.

It's how s**t like this goes down.
I couldn't recall if it was global, but yes I have a similar ideal as yours. If this virus wasn't engineered and came around natural; I'd say the best place it came from was Asia. Since there's a lot parasite type species that live in that region. If this virus got mixed up in exports from China; China nearly exports everyday items to every country on this planet.

I did suggest in other threads; it could have started out airborne, but was too weak to take over the human immune system, but could easily take over those who are dead and no longer have an immune system. After infecting a dead corpse; it mutates into a stronger virus that can match up to the human immune system.

I have a problem with such a virus starting with one host and going off and biting someone else; because it would be centralized one one continent not the entire global within a matter of weeks. Plus the Defense Forces would likely contain the situation better by sealing off the regions the virus has been sited at.

No, I haven't read any of the comics and I don't want to really jump ahead to figure out what is fully going on.

Popular Phantom

7,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Megathread 100
....ok how did this happen then?
Aranha Allah
how do you think the zombie virus first started
its not like there were suddenly magically zombies roaming around, magic doesn't exist in the walking dead universe

the people had the disease while they were alive.
Modern Magic
Rick Wasn't a deputy. . .
Yes he was, back before the zombie apocalypse hit, he was a sheriff's deputy.

Popular Phantom

7,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Megathread 100
Deputy Rick Grimes
Aranha Allah
its not like there were suddenly magically zombies roaming around, magic doesn't exist in the walking dead universe

no i mean how did the out break start where did it come from
Deputy Rick Grimes
Modern Magic
Rick Wasn't a deputy. . .
Yes he was, back before the zombie apocalypse hit, he was a sheriff's deputy.

He was just a Sheriff. . . But of course I can't fully contest you without citations, so for now, I'll defer to your authority, Deputy Grimes.
Aranha Allah
Deputy Rick Grimes
Aranha Allah

no i mean how did the out break start where did it come from
one initial carrier most likely, spreading it around.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff