Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fire Emblem

User Image

Hello, and welcome to the new and improved Fire Emblem thread! Here you can exchange tips , talk about your favourite characters, but most of all discuss Fire Emblem!

Announcements and News

Remake round 2! New Mystery of the Emblem for the DS announced!

After over a year of media silence regarding the Fire Emblem series, Nintendo announced Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem ~ Heroes of Light and Shadow (Shin Monshou no Nazou ~ Hikari to Kage no Eiyuu) on May 25th. With the opening of the official site today (June 2), we learn of a new and intriguing feature to this new installment in what appears to be the beginning of a trend of remakes of old Fire Emblem games: creating your own main character. For more details check post number 6: upcoming Fire Emblem games.

Index
(Warning: The jump URLs listed here are not compatible with Internet Explorer)

Post #1 (You’re here!)
- Index and Announcements

Post #2
- YK's FE and FE thread Journal

Post #3
- Fire Emblem game overviews

Post #4
- General FE information

Post #5
- What's the RNG?+ Affinities explained

Post #6
- Upcoming Fire Emblem games New!

Post #7
- Current contests

Post #8
- Banners

Post #9
- Cheats+Unlocks

Post #10
- Contest winners

Post #11
- FE Links

Post #12
- Fan Section (Fanart, Official Art, and Supports)

Post #13
- Fan made! - Hacks New!

Post #14
- Fire Emblem OAV
Post #2

Return to Main Post

Yoshi King's Fire Emblem thread and gameplay journal

December 11th- Sending out FE Quiz prizes, and my epic return

Holy dicks I neglected the s**t out of this poor journal while playing through Radiant Dawn. I finally (after 87 hours...) beat the game, and am now just learning about all of the stuff I missed and how much more stuff there is to obtain on a new game+! I can't wait to get all of this new stuff.

As for Radiant Dawn's ending, I'd have to say I'm overall very satisfied with how everything came together in the end. A few loose ends weren't really tied up, which was a shame, but on the whole I would say that Radiant Dawn provided one of the best Fire Emblem entries to date for the series, especially for hardcore fans like myself.

My one major gripe with the game was how they neutered supports. I mean... sure, it allowed everyone to support with everyone else... but the backstories of the characters! We miss out on them all. crying Not to mentioned Mia's white-clad rival is never discovered...

Anyways, that's it for now. I'm hoping more information about FE 11 will trickle out soon.

November 10th- Contest Over, first few days of Radiant Dawn/impressions

After a rather disappointing turnout with the FE Questionnaire contest (Only 4 people entered...) I've decided to allow anyone else who wants to enter to do so... anyone who's already entered and wishes to resubmit may do so. The contest officially ends probably at the end of November now xp

That said:

Wow, 5 days into Radiant Dawn and I know I've only barely scratched the surface of this amazing addition to the series.

First of all, while many people may ridicule me for this, I have to say I love the battle save feature. For someone like me who doesn't have much time to play FE and wants to get through the game ASAP to get the glorious story, this feature has been a lifesaver for me. If not for it, I would probably still only be half as far as I am now sweatdrop . Plus, it allows me to make risky tactics, which is always fun. I know I'll get the full FE experience on hard mode though. @_@

Anyways, so far I'm up to Chapter 10 and I really have to say that I can't get enough of how awesome the game has turned out so far. It's a decent challenge, the characters (while mostly ugly... I'm looking at you, Meg and Aran) are really great and the story, despite being somewhat rushed, moves at a decent pace, especially regarding major plot twists (PART 1: CHAPTER 9 SPOILERS- I'M LOOKIN' AT YOU, ********' BLACK KNIGHT). In terms of actual mechanics, the Gamecube controller is still far and away the best thing ever, and a lot of the combat scenarios have been unique and challenging.

In terms of specific characters, I'm ecstatic already about the veterans from Path of Radiance. Especially "Kurth", who I'm sure made everyone go "WTF IS HE DOIN' THERE". I've found that Micaiah has turned into a Lucius-type of character (High MGC, SKL, RES; low HP and DEF... also my Micaiah is really slow but has shitloads of Luck), and I guess the RNG gods must hate me because all of my units have relatively low speed... sweatdrop ... How have all of your Micaiahs turned out, guys?

I guess for now that should be enough. I can't wait to see what happens when I beat Part 1! Hope you guys are enjoying Radiant Dawn as much as I am!
Post #3

Return to Main Post

Brief Overview of the Fire Emblem Games

Fire Emblem: Dark Dragon and Sword of Light, for the NES- The very first Fire Emblem game stars the now-famous Marth, the prince of Altea. Marth is a descendant of the hero Anri that struck down the Dark Dragon Medeus in ancient times, so when rumours of Medeus’ revival spread across the land, and Marth’s continent is invaded (resulting in his sister’s kidnap), he knows he must take up arms and do what his ancestor did in days past.

Fire Emblem Gaiden, for the NES- Taking a radically different spin from FE 1, Gaiden was a much more RPG-oriented game, allowing player to walk through towns and talk to NPCs to collect information. The story focused on the siblings Alm and Celica as they battled through the content of Valencia. Regarded as the “failure” of the Fire Emblem series because of that terrible gameplay gonk .

Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem, for the SNES- This game is half remake, half all-new game. The remake part of the game focuses on Marth's accomplishments of the first Fire Emblem, allowing you to once again travel with him and his companions to reclaim Altea and defeat Medius. In book 2, Marth and Sheeda return for an all-new adventure at the request of Emperor Hardin. Bringing back many of the characters from Fire Emblem 1, this Fire Emblem expanded upon the original’s battle system with all-new classes.

Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War, for the SNES- Arguably the most popular of the Fire Emblem games, this FE featured an all-new, "Generation" system, which focused on characters who had fallen in love in the first Generation, and their children in the second generation. Interestingly enough, incest usually yielded the best results for second-generation characters. It also introduced many other new features such as Leadership, and the skill system. The story focuses on Sigurd, who is caught up in a plot to revive the Loputousu clan, and continues with his son Celice, more than 10 years later.

Fire Emblem: Thracia 776, for the SNES- this game featured Prince Leaf (the son of Cuan and Ethlin, who were recruitable units in FE 4), as he tried to reclaim his home from the army of Thracia. Often regarded as one of the hardest Fire Emblem games in the series, this game offered a different spin than that of FE 4, returning to a more FE 1 and 3 style of gameplay. It also introduced the Fatigue system (which discouraged overuse of one character), and the capture system.

Fire Emblem: The Sealed Sword, for the GBA- this game stars Roy, a popular lord due to Super Smash Brothers: Melee. This game, the chronological sequel to Fire Emblem 7, focused on the invading forces of Bern, and the diabolical plot of Prince Zephiel, whom had been rescued by Roy's father in Fire Emblem 7.

Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword, for the GBA- this game is the chronological prequel to The Sealed Sword. It stars Lord Eliwood (Roy's father), Lord Hector (Lilina's father), and Lyndis, the Sacaen princess. The game is focused around Eliwood and Hector, who, after numerous attempts on their lives, come across two siblings who are fleeing from a dark and mysterious group, the Black Fang. On their travels, they end up rescuing Prince Zephiel, who eventually becomes the evil protagonist of Fire Emblem 6.

Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones, for the GBA- Starring the fraternal twins Ephraim and Eirika, this game features an interesting branched-path promotion system, allowing for more customizing for each character in your party. The story begins when Grado, the most powerful country on the continent, begins attacking its fellow nations without warning, and seemingly, reason. As Eirika is rushed away from her castle, a sinister plot is revealed to destroy all the Sacred Stones, which would release an unspeakable evil across the land.

Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance, for GCN- This game features Ike, the first non-lord protagonist of a Fire Emblem game. Ike's father runs a band of mercenaries, and in the first chapter of the game, Ike actually becomes part of the band himself, and goes on his first mission. However, shortly after the first few chapters, rumours of war are abound as Ashnard, king of the neighboring land of Daein, attacks and takes over Crimea. The story jump-starts from there, launching Ike into a battle that spans the entire continent in an attempt to reclaim Crimea from Daein, and Ashnard.

Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn for Wii- Following three years after the end of Path of Radiance, Daein struggles to reunite itself after the chaos of the Mad King's War, while dealing with Bengion oppression. Separated into four parts, the first introduces Fire Emblem's first mage protagonist, a light mage by the name of Micaiah, who, with the help of Sothe from Path of Radiance, rallies fellow patriots suffering under the foreign occupation under the banner of Ashnard's lost son, Prince Pelleas, and forces the Begnions out of Daein. Part two focuses back on Crimea where Queen Elincia has her own domestic difficulties. Part three revolves around Ike and the Greil's mercenaries once again in a blooming conflict that once again embroils the entire continent of Tellius.

Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon for DS- A full remake of the original Fire Emblem: Dark Dragon and Sword of Light, this game boasts completely revamped visuals, DS wifi compatibility, a few new mechanics, and a new, multi-part prologue and a few new side quests. Story wise however, Shadow Dragon and Dark Dragon are practically identical. Some of the new and returning mechanics not native to the original game include the weapon triangle, reclassing, and filler units. Did I mention the new character illustrations are courtesy of Masamune Shirow, the artist responsible for the Ghost in the Shell series?

Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem ~ Heroes of Light and Shadow for DS- Another complete remake of an older Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem, the third game in the series. Not much is known yet about this game except that it will observe many of the features that Shadow Dragon introduced last year, including reclassing, online shops and multiplayer maps. The most notable new concept that will debut in New Mystery will be the custom main character and his or her inpact on the story. This game will be a remake of only Book 2 of the original Mystery of the Emblem as Book 1 was already a remake of Dark Dragon and Sword of Light.
Post #4

Return to Main Post

Newbie Tips, and General Fire Emblem Information

Newbie tips!

Love the Fire Emblem series, but continually finding that your characters die? Getting frustrated over how to recruit a character? Don’t know what you’re doing at all? This should help you out!

1- Recruiting characters: If any non-boss character on the map has a portrait, 99.9% of the time they can be recruited by a character in your party. Usually, knowing which character you need to use is a matter of reading into the hints given by the character to be recruited... for instance, if a recruitable Myrmidon states before a chapter begins that he owes a brown-haired Thief some money, you should check your list of characters and see if you have that brown-haired thief. Have your thief approach the Myrmidon, and instead of fighting, make them talk. Voila! This can apply to all sorts of situations. If a character states they have a missing sibling, try looking for enemies that look similar to the character you've recruited.

2- Defeating tough bosses: Finding you’re not able to beat a particular boss in a chapter? Try looking at what defensive stats he is weak in. Often a Mage boss will be susceptible to a heavy attack from an axe user. Likewise, a heavily-armoured boss is likely to be weak to magic spells. Also, sometimes you might be facing an armoured unit- do you have a weapon such as an armorslayer, or a rapier? Be sure to check what weapons are super-effective against what units!

3- Bottle-necking: If you’re facing an onslaught of enemies, it’s best to try and keep them attacking one at a time, rather than letting them swarm your army. If at all possible, keep an armoured unit in front of a narrow pathway to prevent enemy units from attacking everyone!

4- Partner your units intelligently! If you send two mages into an onslaught of cavalry, you’re going to have two dead mages before you can say “Dead ma”- well, you get the point. Try and pair units of different types together, so that you can combat all types of threats. Also try to keep mages and bowmen in the back lines, so that they don't get hurt! They're frail, you know.

5- You know those really strong, promoted characters that look extra-awesome and are available right off the bat? Try to avoid using them. They're called Jeigan characters, and they suck up experience points. Use your weaker units first and level them up!

General FE Information

Triple Attacking
It's been a common add-on to any of the latest Fire Emblems, always being used by the Pegasus knights of each game, and, interestingly enough, Generals, in Fire Emblem 6. It's a powerful move, scoring a guaranteed critical hit (nomatter what) upon your enemy.

Again, the Triangle attack can generally only be performed by three recruited Pegasus Knights, or their promoted class, the Falcon Knight.

To pull off the Tri-attack, basically you surround your opponent with two of units used for the attack, and the third one comes in, making a triangle (hence the name), and attacks. Just so you don't screw up, here's a diagram. REMEMBER, you can make the triangle from any side- examples that I'm using aren’t the mandatory formation.

X- Your guys
O- The enemy

..X
XOX

X
OX
X

XOX
..X

In Fire Emblem 8 (The Sacred Stones), the triangle attack takes an interesting spin... The game allows you to use the re-introduced class of Wyvern Knight in the Tri-attack. However, this does not mean Cormag can participate in the attack, even if you DO promote him down the Wyvern Knight path. It must be used between the women 3nodding . Anyways, should you promote all of your Pegasus Knights into Falcon Knights, just use the move as normal. If one of them is a Wyvern Knight, however, that unit must always begin the Triangle attack.

Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance also includes a very interesting Triangle attack.

The first one can be used between the three brothers you get early in the game: Rolf, Oscar, and Boyd. There are certain requirements that must be met before you can use it, though.

First, you must read an "Info" conversation between the three brothers at the base around chapter 12 or 13. From there, you'll need to promote all of the brothers before the end of chapter 18. When promoting Oscar, ensure that you make his secondary weapon Bows. Boyd, who promotes into a Warrior, will automatically get bows as a secondary weapon.

When the brothers are promoted (Again, BEFORE THE END of chapter 18 ), read the "Info" conversation between the three at the base on chapter 19. This will unlock the triangle attack for the three brothers, which works exactly like the ordinary triangle attack, except one space further away. If you're still confused, read the description of how to pull off the Triangle attack, except apply it to attacking with bows.

The other Triangle attack can be used normally between the available Pegasus Knights.

That's it, that's all! 3nodding

Item Help

Afa's Drops, and Metis' Tome- these items, obtained in FE7 and FE8 respectfully, do NOT increase your speed of growth. You know how stat-ups are increased randomly by the RNG, right? (If not, go to the RNG section!) Sain, for instance, has a 60% growth rate for strength? Well, Afa's Drops and Metis's Tome increase those percents by 5. It's really great

The Hammerne Staff- The Hammerne staff is a helpful little thing that restores any weapon that's on the verge of breaking to complete durability (essentially it will make it brand-new). To use it, merely have any staff user walk up to the unit with the weapon in question that's going to break, use the staff, and select the weapon 3nodding It's really useful in extending the life of a really powerful weapon.

Brave Weapons: Brave weapons will allow you to attack four times per turn, provided the character wielding the weapon can already double attack. The weapons have a low accuracy rate, though if a character with a high Skill statistic wields the weapon, it won't matter much.

Having troubles with what an item does, or the effect of a particular weapon? Ask us in the thread any time. We'll be glad to help, and we'll add the item/weapon to our list. 3nodding
Post #5

Return to Main Post

Technical Information

What's the RNG?!

So, what exactly is the RNG? RNG stands for Random Number Generator, and it’s present in every single Fire Emblem game. It determines your characters’ stats, whether you hit or miss in an attack, and so on. Ever wonder why when a character gains a level, their stats don’t raise at all? It seems the RNG Gods must hate you (Ie. You have bad luck). Just so that there aren't any mix-ups, in order to successfully gain a point in any particular stat, the RN that the RNG provides must be lower than your character’s growth rate percentage. Naturally, one RN is used for every stat when you level up to see whether or not there is actually a boost to the said statistic.

The RNG can differ for each Fire Emblem game, but generally it randomly selects a number from 1-100. If the number selected is lower than say... a 70 HIT percentage, it means your character will successfully attack their enemy. Better hope you have good luck!

(submitted by: Pie32)
Here is the RNG trick, confirmed to be useable in FE’s 6, 7, and 8:

Using the method I’m about to explain can NOT give you the exact value of the RN but it can determine if that number is more or less than 50 (or some value around). It’s said it’s possible to find the exact value by hacking into the ROM but I don’t know how to. To start off, you need a unit with and odd number of move range and without any obstacle within the surrounding 9 squares (no trees or anything that might slow down that unit), it’s often a good idea to use flying units since most landscapes don’t stop/slow them from moving but it takes longer to get the number. To find out the RN one of the most annoying/challenging feature of the FE games-- the auto save--is used. Every move done by the player is saved but if you only select the unit and draw the moving path (the blue line) then press B to quit it’s not counted as a move and would not be saved. With this we can find out all the RN starting from the last saved move, reset, and choose the right set of RN to use.
Start with selecting the unit you are using to find out the RN, the movement range appear as the blue area, now move the cursor to one square next to the unit then go either clockwise or anti-clockwise within the 9 squares surrounding that unit, move until you reach the limit of that unit’s movement range and then move one more square and the path line would be redrawn. The new line is what we are looking for, starting from the unit, if the line goes vertically first, the RN is less than 50; if it goes horizontally first the RN is more than 50. After finding one RN you can continue on with that unit and keep on drawing move path to find more RN. Record the RN somewhere and after you find enough of them, reset and try using the smaller RN when leveling up. REMEMBER not to make any moves that would make the game save automatically.
Note to reset the game quickly try A+B+Start+Select.

Here is an example of how to find the RN:
1. Select a character that can be use to find the RN (Hector in this case with nothing in the surrounding 8 squares stop/slowing down him)
2. Draw the movement path around the character so the maximum amount of space you can move is reached as shown in the pic.
|2|3|4|
|1|h|5|
|=|=|*|

3. Move one more space (*) so the path is re-drawn.

4. Now look at this new path, if it goes vertical first (as in the pic), the RN is less than 50, if it goes horizontal first the RN is larger than 50.

5. Repeat step 1~4 until you got enough RN.

6. Reset the game, use the set of RN you want by calculating which ones are good for leveling up and arrange your move/use up the RN you don't want.

And here is the visual:

User Image

For a more indepth exploration of the RNG check out IGN's Random Number Generator FAQ

Affinities Explained

What do affinities do exactly?
Affinities affect support bonuses. These bonuses add to a character's hit, attack, defense, avoid, or critical and the combination of two affinities determine how much to each factor. For instance, a Wind affinity character gives a slight critical boost to any units supporting with this wind affinity character.

Other affinities increase various stats. For example, Ice increases defense slightly. For a more in-depth analysis on how affinities affect your characters, we recommend checking out www.GameFAQS.com.

In Fire Emblem 7, affinity also played a part in characters' stat growth. If your tactician shared an affinity with a character, that character's growth rates would be boosted by 5% in every stat. Pretty handy 3nodding
Post #6

Return to Main Post

Fire Emblems on the Horizon

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

source: Serenes Forest

Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem ~ Heroes of Light and Shadow
(Shin Monshou no Nazou ~ Hikari to Kage no Eiyuu)

Despite the mixed reception of Shadow Dragon, Nintendo has elected to remake another of the old classics, this time, Fire Emblem (3): Mystery of the Emblem. The original Mystery of the Emblem already contained a remake of the first game "Dark Dragon and Sword of Light," and expanded on the story in what was called "Book 2." It has been announced recently that this game will only be book 2 as Shadow Dragon already covers the remaking of Book 1.

New to this game however, is the main character: You! You will be able to create your own character who will play an integral role in the story (which it sounds by necessity will be altered from the original). You can customize your character's gender, appearance, class, background, and even personality, all of which will affect game play (well, the background and personality at least). The prologue/tutorial will revolve around this custom character, currently only known as "My Unit."

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
default My Unit appearances

Some other possibilities...

Aslo present will be many of the features returning from Shadow Dragon, such as re-classing, wi-fi shop, multiplayer maps, and multiple levels of difficulty including "normal," "hard," "maniac," and "lunatic."

It has also been announced that, in leiu of the grievances of many players about the lack of character development in Shadow Dragon, which, while true to the original game, breaks with the tradition established by many of the more recent games especially Blazing Sword and Sacred Stones that introduced the rest of the world to Fire Emblem, there will be
Quote:

"...over 300 conversation events that affirm characters' bonds."

Whether that heralds the return of support conversations or simply alludes to the depth of the Radiance/Dawn style base "info" conversations that Famitsu reported remains to be seen, however in this Fire Emblem Fan's humble opinion, either one is still a major improvement over the impersonal atmosphere of Shadow Dragon's army.

For more in-depth information, check out Serenes Forest.

images and info courtesy of Serenes Forest
Post #7

Return to Main Post

Latest Contests

Fire Emblem Questionnaire Contest!

Rules and Guidelines

Thankfully, the quiz is pretty simple. Answer as many questions as you can! Some are from Japanese-only Fire Emblems, so if you really want to win that prize, you better start looking around!

1- There is no entry fee. Just send your finished questionnaire (Answers BESIDE the questions, in legible english) to Yoshi King.

2- I reserve the right to disqualify you based upon what I define as cheating. You may share answers with people in the thread, but why would you do that when you want to win? However, cheating comes into play when you start asking questions off of Gaia on other forums. I'll be looking around.

3- Have fun, and be sure to immerse yourself in Fire Emblem lore!

The contests is divided up as follows:

Ten 1-point questions. These are easy-peasy.
Eight 2-point questions. These are a little harder.
Eight 3-point questions. Only the most dedicated of Fire Emblem fans know the answers to these questions!

The questions will all add up to a total of 50 points. Whoever has the most points wins! In the event of a tiebreaker, Yoshi King will ask some incredibly tough questions to the most dedicated of all the fans.

First place prize: September Monthly Collectible+4000 gold
Second place prize: Brown Giftbox+2000 gold
Third place prize: 1000 gold

Best of luck!

The Quiz:

Easy: Not kidding around when I say most of these can be found on the front page of the thread/should be obvious

1- In which Fire Emblem do you take the role of a wandering tactician?
2- Which Fire Emblem stars Leaf? Give me the EXACT name, not just “FE #”
3- Which Fire Emblem introduced the skills system?
4- What is every Fire Emblem based around in gameplay, for hit chance etc.?
5- What are bows super-effective against?
6- What weapons do Lords generally specialize in?
7- How many Sacred Stones are there?
8- What attack is extremely popular among fans, and always scores a critical hit?
9- Which characters suck up EXP points, completely ruining your party's growth?
10- Which Fire Emblem Lord does not originally start out as a Lord?

Medium: If you haven't played the games the questions are based on/don't have a good memory, better start looking around.

11- What form did the first Fire Emblem take? (You know, from Marth's game)
12- In which Fire Emblem game was the Wyvern Knight introduced? (ACTUAL WYVERNS NOT THE ******** MISTRANSLATED DRAGON KNIGHTS)
13- Which Sacred Stone became the Fire Emblem?
14- In which Fire Emblem did Mamkutes/Manaketes/Dragon people not play a role?
15- What fate befalls Glen? (FE 8 )
16- What is Roy's legendary sword?
17- Who are Elibe's legendary heroes?
18- Which Fire Emblem game involves incest in the plot as well as influences gameplay? (THE PLOT!!!)

Oh man, good luck on these >_>

19- What are Zephiel's stats in Fire Emblem 7 (Chapter 26: Battle before Dawn)?
20- What is in the last village in Fire Emblem 6? (Two answers)
21- What spell is needed to damage Garnef? (FE 1 )
22- What is the weapon rank a Master Knight has for their equippable weapons? (FE 4)
23- How many Zombie Dragons are in the last chapter of FE 8?
24- What is Julius' class? (FE 4 )
25- How many enemies are in the last chapter of Path of Radiance? Some of them have Occult/other skills: Not including Ashnard, what skills are there belonging to enemy units?
26- What does Guy owe Matthew? wink
Post #8

Return to Main Post

Banners for the Thread

If you'd like to contribute a banner, feel free to PM Yoshi King with your submission. We're currently looking for more banners, so please feel free to submit them!

There are a few rules:
-Cannot be any bigger than 500x500 pixels
-Cannot be larger than 100 kb
-Must have something to do with Fire Emblem!

As for the banners we have up, please feel free to add them to your signature! Do be sure that if you have other pictures in your signature that you're not breaking the ToS. To put these in your signature, copy the code and add it in your signature section (accessed through your account settings):

A nice FE art montage (Submitted by: [Jirachii])-
User Image

[img]http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g112/Jirachii/Final.gif[/img]

A mix of popular North American Fire Emblem characters' official art (Submitted by: Kamata)-

[img]http://img112.imageshack.us/img112/2543/rightsizevq6.jpg[/img]
Post #9

Return to Main Post

Cheats and Unlockables for North American Fire Emblems

Cheats for FE 7:
Place a Mine anywhere on the field. When an enemy unit walks onto it, while they are taking damage, reset your game. When you continue your game, it shows the enemy being damaged again, and then you can control your enemy units. Use this to make them discard all of their items, retreat, or attack units that you want to level up. Note* Enemy units can only be controlled for one turn. Also, if you turn off the game, the effect will cease to exist. You can also make the enemies that you control Merch their items with Merlinus. Here's where the Vaida cheat comes in. Make sure that you place your character in a spot that vaida can reach (She's a Wyvern Lord) but that she can get to ONLY by going over a particular space. Make sure that merlinus is close by too. If he's promoted (meaning that he can now move) it makes this easier, as you can move him closer to Vaida to merch the items.
Once you've taken over Vaida and the other characters, make her fly over and merch her uber spear to merlinus. this handy little spear is better than the game's "best" lance-type weapon, the Rex Hasta. Enjoy!

Cheats for FE 8:

There's an enemy control glitch which involves Phantoms, but it is long and complicated, so we've opted not to post it. You can find it on most FE message boards.

Alternate (easier) Enemy control glitch:

While there are no mine items in FE 8 like there are in 7, you can still obtain the same effect by using specific tiles on certain maps. When an enemy 'waits' on these tiles, the game has to consider a few extra factors allowing you to quickly reset and gain control of the enemies when you resume the chapter. There are two types of tiles that I know of that achieve this end: Lava tiles, and tiles that used to be occupied by trees/twigs that you have knocked down. If you reset (hard or soft reset) when an enemy 'waits' on one of these types of tiles but before the next enemy starts moving, you should be able to control the remaining enemies when you resume the game.

Cheats for FE 9:

How to get RexAura:

In the final chapter, a Bishop has Rex Aura equipped... which you cannot obtain usually, but these 4 steps will help you obtain this item.
1) Silence the Bishop
2) Wound the Bishop, until his HP is at least under half
3) The Bishop should use an Elixir to heal himself (if not, try weakening him further).
4) By now, he should have de-equipped the Rex Aura, so you can steal it with a Thief.

Unlockable characters for the trial maps:

Ashnard- Beat the game fifteen times
Bryce- Beat the game ten times
Oliver- Beat the game three times
Petrine- Beat the game seven times
Shihiram- Beat the game five times

Obtaining the Knight Ring:

On Chapter 19 you can get a secret item called the Knight Ring. To get it, do NOT kill ANY crows. First, have one of the hawks talk to the crow king (Naesala) and then he'll talk to Reyson. After he talks to Reyson, he and his crows will not attack your units. If you didn't kill any crows, then he will give you a knight ring, and order the crows to retreat. If you did kill a crow he won't give you the knight ring, but the crows will still retreat. The knight ring is an equip item that gives any non-mounted unit extra movement like that of a mounted unit.
Post #10

Return to Main Post

Past contests and their winners

Contest 1: The Fire Emblem Grand Cosplay Contest

The Fire Emblem thread's first contest was a rousing success, with excellent entries all around. Here's hoping that many more cosplay contests can be as great as this one! (Note: The extra gold was donated for use of TWO second-places, and TWO third-places due to lack of entries in the second area of the contest.)

In first place, we have Marth Lowell's Vaida, meaning he wins 3000 gold!
User Image

We chose Vaida as first place because it was simply an astounding idea that anyone could do her in the first place eek . Additionally, the cosplay itself was almost 100% accurate, leaving out only the scar that runs down Vaida's right leg.

Second place entries are awarded 2000 gold

In second place #1, we have Sinistral's Arthur.

<picture deleted, sorry guys>

Arthur is the one on the right. While Sinistral used a female avatar, it was true that the hair fit way too perfectly for words (Those who have played FE 4 will understand). The golden book was a nice addition 3nodding

In second place #2, we have Hero_Of_Time's Ninian.

User Image

This Ninian was extremely well-done. The hair colour wasn't exactly perfect, but it was pretty close, and the dress and other accessories made up Ninian nicely whee

Third place entries are awarded 1000 gold

In third place #1, we have Evilconquesco's Eliwood.

User Image

The red hair and pose are quite nice, and made Lyndis and I reminisce about when Eliwood first starts his journey in Blazing Sword. The cape isn't perfect, but everything else seemed to go nicely 3nodding

In third place #2, we have Marth Lowell's Lucius

User Image

This Lucius was extremely well done! Most traits about him were spot-on, even using the female avatar xd .

Contest 2: The Fire Emblem Super Support Contest!

Well, after a great showing from everyone, the Super Support contest has finally finished, and the entries judged. Without further ado, here are our winners!

Winning first place, for 2000 gold, is Nightseverer/HopelesslyDevoted’s entry:

14 for technique
17 for character matching
13 for overall presentation
44 total

C-level:
Sain: Milady!
Lyndis: Ah....Sain. What is it?
Sain: Do I need reason to speak with you, Lady Lyndis?
Lyndis: Of course not. But there is no need for formalities, Sain. I consider you a close friend. Lyn will be fine.
Sain: Lyn.....Thank you!
Lyndis: It is not a problem.
Sain: It means the world to me. Thanks.
Lyndis: ........
Sain: The look in your eyes....Can it be love?
Lyndis: Sain!
Sain: Urgh.....Such a strong blow....I’m sorry, milady. I overstepped my bounds. I beg your pardon. I must be going now.....
Lyndis: Sain......

B-level:
Lyndis: .......
Sain: Milady?
Lyndis: .......Sain? Is that you?
Sain: Aye. Mila.... I mean, Lyn.... What is troubling you?
Lyndis: It....It’s nothing.....
Sain: Lyn, from our travels, I’ve come to know when something ails you.
Lyndis: .....
Sain: What’s wrong, milady?
Lyndis: It.....it’s Kent.
Sain: Oh....
Lyndis: I had grown quite fond of him and thought he felt the same. But.... It seems he is more interested in someone else......
Sain: ....Fiora....
Lyndis: How did you.....?
Sain: Kent is my comrade. He told me how he felt about her.
Lyndis: Oh.....
Sain: Please, milady, don’t be sad. To see such a pretty face bloched by tears wrenches at my heart. If there is anything I can do to help, will you let me know?
Lyndis: Sain.....
Sain: Come, we have to get back to the fight.
Lyndis: You’re right.... And Sain?
Sain: Hmmm?
Lyndis: Thank you.
Sain: Don’t worry, milady. It is part of my duty as a knight.

A-level:
Lyndis: .....Sain?
Sain: Hmm?
Lyndis: I was thinking about what you said.....
Sain: Which part milady? I’ve said many things to many women and I don’t know specifically what you are talking about.
Lyndis: When you said that you’d do whatever you could to help, what exactly did you have in mind?
Sain: Just as it sounds, milady. I would die to protect you and I live to see you smile. For you have the loveliest smile in all the land.
Lyndis: Sain..... I have this emptyness, now. I thought Kent was the one for me....
Sain: Kent did have feelings for you, Lyn, He confessed how he felt to me and I promised not to get in his way. I can’t, however, just watch as he leaves you in such pain. I guess the heart of a man is a fickle thing. But how he could possibly pass up on a prize such as yourself is beyond me.
Lyndis: Sain..... Could you do me a favor?
Sain: You know I’d do anything for you.
Lyndis: I want you......to stay.
Sain: What?
Lyndis: I trust you. I’ve grown to love you in the wake of what happened. I want you to be mine, and only mine. To love me, and only me. Can you do that for me, Sain?
Sain: You have no idea how long I’ve waited to hear that...... It is a sad day in the world of women. To be exclusive.....For you..... I’d do anything.

Winning second place, spot 1, is Preseac’s entry:

12 for technique
17 for personality matching
13 for presentation
42 total

"Prince Ephraim!"
"Hello Amelia. Is something troubling you?" Ephraim asked.
"Uh... no. I just wanted to thank you for letting me join your army. You don't mind me being here, do you?"
"Not at all. I'm glad to have your help. It's just..." Ephriam raised his eyebrow.
"What? Why are you looking at me like that?" Amelia looked at herself to see if anything was out of place, "Do I have something on my face?"
"You're still holding your lance like that? You have to move it upward more. Like this." Ephraim showed Amelia how to adjust her fighting stance.
"I see, but Prince Ephraim..."
"You don't have to call me by my title. Call me Ephraim."
"Ok Pri-Ephraim, but I don't know if I can hold my lance like that." Amelia suddenly looked depressed. "General Duessel already showed me how, but..."
"General Duessel taught you how to use a lance, too?" Ephraim pondered, "I shouldn?t be too surprised. You are from Grado after all."
"...Too...?" Amelia's eyes went wide. "You also were taught by General Duessel?"
"It is because of him that my fighting is as good as it is today. Not that I've learned everything there is to know about fighting. I still have much to learn."
"You are still much better at wielding a lance than I am, Prince Ephraim."
"We are both learning more about combat in this war, Amelia. I can assure you of that. The more fighting you do, the more you learn about it."
"Alright. I'll be trying my hardest to learn as much as I can."
"Just don't overdo it out there. If you feel like you are outmatched, we'll all be there to help out."
"I know. I won't overdo it."
"I'm sure if you practice enough, you?ll become a better fighter. One of the best."
"Thank you! Oh... here comes another enemy. Good luck out there, Prince Ephraim!" Amelia runs off to fight the enemy.
"... She called me 'Prince Ephraim' again. I guess old habits die hard."

Winning second place, spot 2, is Kurai007's entry, involving Ephraim and Innes

9 for technique
18 for personality matching
15 for overall presentation
42 total

Support C
Innes: -Singing- ‘...Now that the Spring is in the air. Pretty girls are everywhere. Think of me and I’ll be there...’

Ephraim: -moves forward- Innes...?

Innes: -opens his eyes- What? Oh, you. What is it?

Ephraim: I was passing by, and I just heard someone singing...

Innes: ...

Ephraim: I never knew you could sing so...uh, well.

Innes: You expected any less?

Ephraim: Well...

Innes: Hmph, your ignorance will be your undoing. -leaves-

Ephraim: -Sighs- Our conversations are always so short. Eirika...why do I always listen to you?

Support B

Innes: -Stringing his bow-

Ephraim: Innes!

Innes: Ephraim...

Ephraim: I was thinking about you yesterday night.

Innes: Oh really.

Ephraim: Yes really. I was just wondering, how did you learn to sing so well?

Innes: ...Are you interested?

Ephraim: -shrugs-

Innes: If you have no answer then...

Ephraim: Wait. It was Eirika...

Innes: Eirika? I see...what a persistent woman. ...Wait, is she interested in me?

Ephraim: Huh?

Innes: Forget it. You really are hopeless.

Ephraim: ...So, are you going to answer my question?

Innes: ...I was bored when practicing my bow. So I taught myself to sing.

Ephraim: You’re lying.

Innes: -glaring- Lying? How would you know?

Ephraim: I asked Tana about it, last night.

Innes: You were with Tana...at night...

Ephraim: Don’t take it the wrong way, Innes. Now, she told me that you bugged her to teach you how to sing. Believe me, I nearly died when I heard that you asked for help!

Innes: ...one wish’s that happened...

Ephraim: ...Tell me the truth.

Innes: If you really want to know, a few years back, there was a Bard who came to the castle for a ceremony. His singing was decent enough, I have to say...

Ephraim: ...

Innes: I never really had a taste for singing, it was a waste of my time. Well, during one of his songs, he stumbled over the words!

Ephraim: What happened?

Innes: Tana and I could not help but to laugh. The bard was embarrassed over it, you see. Turning to us, he asked: ‘If you think it easy, why don’t one of you step up and sing?’

Ephraim: ...wasn’t he out of line for saying that?

Innes: ...Doesn’t matter. I quickly got to my feet. ‘Pshaw!’ I said, pointing at him. ‘You will regret your decision.’

Ephraim: So...?

Innes: ...let us just say I was humiliated. In front of everyone. -rolls his eyes- I should have let Tana sing.

Ephraim: Now I see.

Innes: Put two and two together, eh?

Ephraim: So, you took lessons from Tana, so you could re-challenge him?

Innes: Looks like you are not as dense as I thought.

Ephraim: Eirika’s a pretty good singer...maybe I should-

Innes: Singing is useless! But, it helps time to pass by.

Ephraim: Still...

Innes: Are you planing on taking me on?

Ephraim: What? I-

Innes: I will never lose to you. -leaves-

Support A

Innes: Ephraim...

Ephraim: ...what are you snickering about?

Innes: Your performance the other day was horrible. You sang an octave lower than you should have.

Ephraim: Innes! There’s no need to be so blunt!

Innes: Regardless, I think I should be the one to teach you. I wouldn’t want Eirika to suffer.

Ephraim: Not now...though.

Innes: Of course...when this is over.

Ephraim: ...

Innes: -looking him up and down- You. You aren’t as bad as I first thought. I may
come to like you...a little.

Ephraim: Our sisters would be happy.

Innes: Don’t read too much into this relationship. It’s only for your singing. -Puts one hand on Ephraim’s back and the other on his chest-

Ephraim: What are you doing?

Innes: We need to pass some time. What better way then to sing, right? You need to work on your posture, Ephraim. It’s horrifying.

Ephraim: No need to be blunt!

Innes: I will teach you. -snaps fingers- Back straight, chin up, don’t be too stiff! Here let me show you. ...Ephraim? Where are you running off to?Ephraim...EPHRAIM!

Winning third place, spot 1,lilboy_boy’s first entry, involving Sain and Fiora.

12 for technique
12 for overall presentation
41 total

The winner of the second third place winner is Saturnos' entry, due to the help of a thread member 3nodding .

Saturnos’ entry:

10 for technique
13 for overall presentation
40 total
Post #11

Return to Main Post

Fire Emblem-related links

Have a Fire Emblem link you would like posted on the thread? Feel free to post them, or PM them to Kiedera and she'll be sure to put them up!

A fanpage and guides for the Fire Emblem series! Includes art, weapons lists, recruitments, etc.
Serenes Forest

Sprites(Created by Vetto Ryouzou, make sure to eliminate the Gaia warning banner or it won't load) -- http://www.geocities.com/sldd1243/sprites.htm

Fire Emblem Sanctuary of Strategy forum

Another good resource. Has a custom character sheet generator for multiple games (found in multimedia->spriter's resource->online tools)
Fire Emblem Planet

Gifs of FE 7 characters (Submitted by Kiyoshi_Toshihiro)--
http://www.angelfire.com/games5/gamedo/lubu/lubugifs.html

Fire Emblem Sprites (Submitted by: Kiyo-chan)-- http://fe.battlenetworknebula.com/?fire=sprites/sprites&sheet=none.png

If you have a link that you would like me to add, please PM Kiedera! 3nodding
Post #12

Return to Main Post

Fanart, Art, and Supports Section

Have a drawing relating to Fire Emblem that you'd like to show off, or have you found a site that's chock-full of FE fanart and beautifully crafted supports by others? Here's the place to show it! Either PM the drawing to Yoshi King, or post it in the thread. He will be sure to put it here to show off to everyone!

I hope you don't mind that I just put the url and not the picture itself on the post. I wanted to minimize the load time a bit and help keep the page from stretching out... sweatdrop

Fanart:

(submitted by: Takako_tenshi) Ninian Fanart
(submitted by: Hero_of_Time) Ninian Fanart-Black and White
(submitted by: Hero_of_Time) Ninian Fanart- Color

Official Art:

Lots of official art from FE's 6 and 7 (Submitted by: Musourenka)--
http://www.drifting-dreams.com/FE.htm

Official art from Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn (Submitted by: [Jirachii])

(For those having not played the game yet, it's not recommended that you look at these. Spoilers abound, kids!)

http://media.wii.ign.com/media/826/826984/imgs_1.html
http://media.wii.ign.com/media/826/826984/imgs_2.html
http://media.wii.ign.com/media/826/826984/imgs_3.html

Supports:

Entire support lists for Fire Emblem 7, 8, and 9 (In order):
http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/gbadvance/game/468480.html
http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/gbadvance/game/921183.html
Post #13

Return to Main Post

Fan made! - Hacks

Have you played Fire Emblem more times than you care to admit? Is hard mode too easy? As great as Fire Emblem is, even hardcore fans can sometimes get tired of playing the same game over and over. And so, some of the more technically savvy fans have taken it upon themselves to enrich the Fire Emblem world. By diving into the core coding of the games, these talented individuals have created altered games that can provide more of a challenge, or explore alternate story possibilities, or simply create ridiculous and funny scenarios you'd never see from an official fire emblem game.

As a warning: this topic is a bit more technologically intensive, involving emulation, ROMs and Patching. If you're unfamiliar with these terms, you should do some preliminary research before exploring custom patches.

NOTE!! We here at the Fire Emblem thread do not condone the pirating of ROMs! Do not ask for them.

For now, I will list and provide some links and screen shots of some of the popular hacks available in the Fire Emblem community.

Fire Emblem: The Sealed Sword

Most famous is the English translation patch for Fire Emblem (6): The Sealed Sword, courtesy of FESS's Dark Twilkitri, Eaichu, and Fire Lizard (Full staff list on the patch's home page).

FESS's Judas

People hoped for years that Nintendo would deign to release Fire Emblem 6: Fuuin No Tsurugi (FE6) on shores outside of Japan.

They didn't.

Now that a conveniently long amount of time has passed, it's up to us to take matters into our own hands. And thus the Fire Emblem 6 translation project was started.

screen shots:
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones - Will of Good and Evil

Also known simply by the creator's tag: China FE, Will of Good and Evil is a notorious patch that builds on the FE8 base and is infamous for being insanely difficult and unforgiving. The story is also entirely in Chinese, so for non-chinese speakers may need outside help if they're interested in the story elements.

screen shots courtesy of Serenes Forest (again... what a wonderful site)
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Seeing as the patch home site is entirely in Chinese, I'll also post Serenes Forest's portal for the patch.

Fire Emblem: Devourer of Worlds and Devourer of Time

An interesting pair of patches created by FlyingAce24, Devourer of Worlds patches over FE8 and Devourer of Time patches over FE7. They include a lot of cameos from other games as well as some elements that seem personal to the creator.. hmm...

Either way, a fun romp through the two state-side released handheld FEs.

Screenshots:
Devourer of Worlds:

Devourer of Time:
User Image
User Image

MageKnight404

MageKnight404, a fairly well known member and contributor of the Fire Emblem community constructed an original patch that completely retells FE7 with new and old characters alike. Some of the unavoidable elements from the original game such as in-game CGs are quite tactfully dealt with.

Screenshots:
User Image
More screenshots

I couldn't find any clear home page as the patch was posted in several forums so here's FESS's since we're already familiar with FESS, right? smile

Gheb FE

Just for fun. When I mentioned in the intro to this section, "..ridiculous and funny scenarios..." I was talking about Gheb FE. A patch for FE8, in this patch, nothing is sacred. The main character is Gheb. The first boss from the first chapter of Ephraim's path in FE8. The dialogue is irreverent and hilarious, and the game play is equally odd, overall significantly heightened difficulty, but some extra features *coughmugcough* balance things out.

screenshots:
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Post #14

Return to Main Post

Fire Emblem OAV

I was browsing through YouTube the other night, when boredom brought me over to the Fire Emblem OAV (Yes, they had one). For some reason, I never thought to post it on the thread for you guys to enjoy, so I thought I would do that now. For those who don't know, The OAV features Marth, and was made shortly after the first game.

I posted them in links, because I don't have the time right now to upload them to Photobucket. Sorry. The videos are on average about five minutes long each.

Episode One

Part One of Five
Part Two of Five
Part Three of Five
Part Four of Five
Part Five of Five

Episode Two

Part One of Five
Part Two of Five
Part Three of Five
Part Four of Five
Part Five of Five