Welcome to Gaia! ::

Backstory can be found in my posts, though isn't needed.

My mum came in today to tell me that she was planning on bringing a man over. She's literally only just met this guy and plans to go to dinner, do all that and that's fine, but she wants to bring him back to the house. I've sat there and fake smiled through countless dickheads she's brought home, and this is just another in a line. I'm sick of it, frankly.
She's said she wants to spend the night with him in the room I stay in because it's bigger with a double bed. I'm angry because
1. It's the bed I've been sleeping in since my dad left
2. It was his bed before he left, isn't that a little weird?
3. Why can't they go to a hotel?
I know when she says 'spend the night' it means 'have sex' because she's had various men over before and all I've heard is disgusting sex noises, which I frankly don't think I should have to hear.
She justified this by saying that if I wanted to bring my girlfriend over (long distance relationship) then she'd have no problem with us having sex here, which doesn't really do anything in my eyes.

Keeping in mind that my mother regularly acts like a thirteen year old and I'm always cleaning up after her; how can I try to be mature and talk to her about this? No doubt she'll throw it in my face later of "Then you and your girlfriend are sleeping in seperate rooms!" because I didn't want her ******** a man where I sleep. She wants to do this tomorrow, only told me tonight.

Also ;
Is expecting my mother to be open about talking about sex with me too much? Keep in mind I am female and gay.

Fashionable Bloodsucker

3,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Clambake 200
I think she is fine and in her right to be open about what she is doing. I wouldnt want them to be in my room either, but she is telling you beforehand. She is also being quite open in general about you staying in a rom with your gf, and really...if the worst that can happen if you brng up your disproval of her in your room to ******** that you cant sleep in the same room with you gf in HER house, that is nothing. SO just bring it up.

Ruthless Gekko

It is her house, and assuming your are a minor, your stuff is legally hers. Just wash your stuff afterward.
Your mum is entitled to bring men home, even if it seems gross to you. But it's not appropriate for her to take your room for her hook-ups by any stretch of the imagination.
angel_259236102
I think she is fine and in her right to be open about what she is doing. I wouldnt want them to be in my room either, but she is telling you beforehand. She is also being quite open in general about you staying in a rom with your gf, and really...if the worst that can happen if you brng up your disproval of her in your room to ******** that you cant sleep in the same room with you gf in HER house, that is nothing. SO just bring it up.

I know that at the end of the day she's quite within her right to tell me where to go, but I know she's going to expect me to play along with this guy and it's just going to be very awkward for everyone.

Whenever I actually try to talk to her about sex she makes faces of disgust at me and tells me to stop talking about it. I'm not scared of her taking away that privilage, it's just I know I won't hear the end of it if I bring it up with her.
Go mum 3nodding

Eloquent Lunatic

Tell her that you don't want her sexing in your bed. If that fails, take all of your bedding with you, throw down a tarp and pray for an early dawn.

Pliskin MD's Wife

Spoopy Bear

17,525 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Married 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500
                            My mom is almost the same as yours, only mine will vanish for days at a time with men.
                            Just tell her you don't want her to have sex with strange men in your bed.
                            It's disgusting.
                            Granted, it's good that she's open about it.
                            But it's still gross knowing that you're sleeping in the spot your mom just got laid in.

User Image
Time passes by like lightening.
Before you know it, you're struck down.
I think it kinda depends on how old you are, though really... if your mother is doing that, it doesn't really seem like she has too much respect for you.
Fizzlesticks
Your mum is entitled to bring men home, even if it seems gross to you. But it's not appropriate for her to take your room for her hook-ups by any stretch of the imagination.

agreed,. tell her you;re not comfortable with it due to the fact that it's your bed.
if anything ask her to swap beds with you permanently, or tell her to buy a double bed for herself if her bed's that much of an issue,.

5,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • First step to fame 200
I would ask her how she would feel if your grandmother had sex in her bed?? And then ask if it's okay to have sex on her bed with your girlfriend when she comes over. Afterall, she had sex on your bed so why not?? And if you got that bed from your father then in right it's your bed and you should be allowed to say no since it's not like she paid for the bed. In right, it's your property not hers, so you should be able to say no. If she gets disgusted with the idea of you having sex, then it should be worse in her mind if it was her bed. So just tell her your just as disgusted with the thought of her having sex in the place you sleep in every night.

Minor or not, that bed is also in your room. Being kicked out of your own space so your mother can have sex is just plain wrong. Just talk with her and let her know you feel uncomfortable, she should understand that.

2,450 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Autobiographer 200
Calmly Have A Discussion With Your Mum and Tell Her You Don't Want Her "Doin' The Nastyy" In YOUR Bed & Give Her The Reasons Why... Benefit To That: She Knows How You Feel & Later On You All Can Make A Compromise About It smile

Thank you everyone for your replies; I tried speaking with her about it and she ended up shouting at me and saying she could do what she wanted as it was her house, which I know is true, but a little bit of respect for me wouldn't have gone amiss.

Enduring Associate

8,350 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Clambake 200
Fizzlesticks

Agreed. But since it looks like she's constitutionally incapable of being mature about boundaries (and hygiene, possibly), you could try suggesting that she replace her bed, or that you two permanently swap spaces. This might not be ideal, but it will keep her from boning strange men in your space. I think a smaller bed or room would be an acceptable sacrifice for that.
That's disgusting. Take all your sheets and hide them.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff