Welcome to Gaia! ::

KURAYAMI KANJI rolled 5 4-sided dice: 3, 3, 3, 4, 3 Total: 16 (5-20)

5,750 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Generous 100
  • Autobiographer 200
pirate pirate arrgh lol fill in for a pirate
Celestial Petals
Kennsie
It wouldn't really seem right to have a white history month because of all of the mean things they did to innocent african americans that tried to stop racism.
Black people, asians, hispanics, and etc ... need to be on t.v. more because it's very unfair that you can just turn to any channel and see at least one white person.
(I'm not racist btw) >.>

Black people were the ones and are STILL the ones responsible for slavery of black people. Unless you don't consider that mean.

Are you wanting segregated tv programming?

What do you mean black people are the ones responsible for slavery? The southern states supported slavery because they feared that thier economy would not survive witout it and because the plantation system had been built on slavery. I'm typing this as i am reading my U.S history textbook. Tell me how they are responsible for slavery because I've never heard that before.

In the message I sent, I never said anything about segregated t.v. programming. I'm just agreeing with what the person who made this topic said. Mixed races on one t.v program is what I'd i'd like to see instead of only majorities. After all, I don't know what country or state you are in now but this is the United states of america right?

Shameless Man-Lover

8,200 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250
giggleboxforevabby
Um I only have one account.
It's just a joke, you should lighten up. emotion_eyebrow

Shameless Man-Lover

8,200 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250
Bloodychess
Bashelia Peppita
XxExperiment ZEROxX
soo true we dont need a white history month we need a mexican one XD
There needs to be a Chicano month in the US. They're 10% of the population.

Can we have a month for the undocumented too?
Not all Mexican Americans are illegal. emotion_eyebrow

9,025 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
Bashelia Peppita
Bloodychess
Bashelia Peppita
XxExperiment ZEROxX
soo true we dont need a white history month we need a mexican one XD
There needs to be a Chicano month in the US. They're 10% of the population.

Can we have a month for the undocumented too?
Not all Mexican Americans are illegal. emotion_eyebrow

I never claimed they were. neutral

Gracious Fairy

Kennsie
Celestial Petals
Kennsie
It wouldn't really seem right to have a white history month because of all of the mean things they did to innocent african americans that tried to stop racism.
Black people, asians, hispanics, and etc ... need to be on t.v. more because it's very unfair that you can just turn to any channel and see at least one white person.
(I'm not racist btw) >.>

Black people were the ones and are STILL the ones responsible for slavery of black people. Unless you don't consider that mean.

What do you mean black people are the ones responsible for slavery? The southern states supported slavery because they feared that thier economy would not survive witout it and because the plantation system had been built on slavery. I'm typing this as i am reading my U.S history textbook. Tell me how they are responsible for slavery because I've never heard that before.

In the message I sent, I never said anything about segregated t.v. programming. I'm just agreeing with what the person who made this topic said. Mixed races on one t.v program is what I'd i'd like to see instead of only majorities. After all, I don't know what country or state you are in now but this is the United states of america right?

Without the Blacks and Arabs selling off the spoils of raids on other tribes, and their own undesirables the slave trade would not have been a worthwhile endeavor do to the time, loss of life(on the part of the slave merchants and their crew). Without active African participation in the slave trade the whole sorry business would likely have been written off as economically inviable, and likely either would have not happened or shrunken to a still regrettable but comparitively negligable degree.

That was not to say that Americans and Europeans who provided the market are any less culpable, simply that the blame should not be limited to only the whites in this story.

It should also be be considered that many Africans who would eventually be sold into slavery at one point may have lived off the profits of the trade.

Therefore the only garunteed innocents in the matter would be Children dragged off into bondage, Slaves born in the new world, and the Abolitionist who knew it was wrong and made a stand against it. (and naturally people who were by merit of being born after the fact, who should not suffer associative guilt do to the crimes of their forebearers.)
Call me stupid but... wouldn't it be a better idea to focus less on how people are so horribly different they need a whole month dedicated to how awesome they are and just filter that month into a year?

I mean, this might be because there's a lot less blatant racism in my country, but it seems a bit... counter-productive to me to further prove how different black people are from white people by making an entire month dedicated to them. Then there's the Native Americans, Muslims and Mexicans who aren't represented at all (or at least, I never heard of that where I'm from) yet I've never heard of suggestions of Muslim History Month. <<;
GuArDiAnS-gIrL
we did absolutely nothing but segergate the blacks and the whites! the blacks protested and made rights and stuff like rosa parks sat on the bus and martin lurther king jr. led a march and so on thats y we have a black history month. get ur facts right!!!!

true that i agree

Divine Fairy

10,650 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
Kennsie
Celestial Petals
Kennsie
(I'm not racist btw) >.>

Black people sold slaves. Black people still sell slaves. Its how it began, and it is still happening.

Have you ever watch that show about geniology? The one that did Brooke Sheilds and the other movie stars and famous people's history?

There is one they did on some football player. I don't know his name because I hate pro football. Anyway, if you watch it, you can see that he finds out he is part white - and his great great - - grandmother was a slave. So he goes back to her origin, and discovers that little children are still being sold as slaves today - - by black people.
If one group of people has something, I want it to. Isn't that equality? Why is it only equality when one group gets what they want and another group gets told they don't need it? What's wrong with White History Month? Are white people not valued as much as black people or another other race for that matter?

It almost seems like it's not equality minorities want, it seems like they want superiority. Some minorities, anyway. I see everyone equally, unless they've done something wrong that should make me think otherwise. Who cares if the majority of media is "white-based" or whatever. Equality is equality. If one group of people gets something, everyone should have it. If you disagree, you don't believe in equality. Simple as that.

EDIT: And for the record, I have never owned a slave or burned a cross or lynched a minority. Why do I have to pay the price for those crimes? ******** you.
By Lantern Light
Kennsie
Celestial Petals
Kennsie
(I'm not racist btw) >.>

Without the Blacks and Arabs selling off the spoils of raids on other tribes, and their own undesirables the slave trade would not have been a worthwhile endeavor do to the time, loss of life(on the part of the slave merchants and their crew). Without active African participation in the slave trade the whole sorry business would likely have been written off as economically inviable, and likely either would have not happened or shrunken to a still regrettable but comparitively negligable degree.

That was not to say that Americans and Europeans who provided the market are any less culpable, simply that the blame should not be limited to only the whites in this story.

It should also be be considered that many Africans who would eventually be sold into slavery at one point may have lived off the profits of the trade.

Therefore the only garunteed innocents in the matter would be Children dragged off into bondage, Slaves born in the new world, and the Abolitionist who knew it was wrong and made a stand against it. (and naturally people who were by merit of being born after the fact, who should not suffer associative guilt do to the crimes of their forebearers.)

I'm in the 8th grade and I'm still in language arts class, so I don't know how to repond to that. Sorry. Could you be more specific? talk to me like you would talk to a dumb person. (though i'm not that dumb).
Celestial Petals
Kennsie
Celestial Petals
Kennsie
(I'm not racist btw) >.>

Black people sold slaves. Black people still sell slaves. Its how it began, and it is still happening.

Have you ever watch that show about geniology? The one that did Brooke Sheilds and the other movie stars and famous people's history?

There is one they did on some football player. I don't know his name because I hate pro football. Anyway, if you watch it, you can see that he finds out he is part white - and his great great - - grandmother was a slave. So he goes back to her origin, and discovers that little children are still being sold as slaves today - - by black people.

Black people started slavery?! OMFG MAN! eek

7,000 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Popular Thread 100
we dont want slavery. white history month and black history month share every year. 6 months for white. black is 6 months = 12 months=1 year smile
Except white people are the best....

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces