Welcome to Gaia! ::

Read more here!

http://tech.pnosker.com/2012/01/20/sopa-and-pipa-dropped-by-congress-in-wake-of-largest-online-protest-in-history/

What do you guys think? Believe the article?

8,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
I believe it. It'd make sense.

This caused such an uproar, ignoring said uproar and still continuing it would be....

Stupid.

Friendly Hunter

18,775 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Converting 100 items 100
  • Party Member 100
My local paper had a article about how SOPA was thrown out of the house.
I'd say then, this is a huge victory for everyone!

Congradulations everyone that stuck with it and protested for our rights!
i believe they are STILL alive just lurking e_e

Big Star

They said it would postpone, not drop.
hmmm... it would be interesting to follow this further. We definitely can't turn a blind eye... they could try to sneak it back when no one is looking.
Considering how quickly people seem to move from topic to topic, I wouldn't be surprised if Sopa just came up a long while later, then passed without any issues because nobody was paying attention.

5,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Regular 100
>_< Dammit, I really hate to burst your bubbles but there's still PIPA *and* the proposed PACIFA (I think that's what it's called) that's going through right now. PIPA is still being voted on this Tuesday.

Aged Fatcat

Mrs K Grey
>_< Dammit, I really hate to burst your bubbles but there's still PIPA *and* the proposed PACIFA (I think that's what it's called) that's going through right now. PIPA is still being voted on this Tuesday.

Whuts this?
PIPA, PACIFA and ACTA are still in the midst though.

5,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Regular 100
I heard about ACTA...

Not liking that either!

But maybe the government will think twice after they saw the outcry we made over SOPA?
Rygel-n
I heard about ACTA...

Not liking that either!

But maybe the government will think twice after they saw the outcry we made over SOPA?

ACTA will be voted on by the English Parliament.
          US representatives already signed 'yes' for it. But these are representatives NOT the gov. itself.
          If you try to Google ACTA and what not, it's difficult to find good information on it.
          And unlike SOPA, there aren't any well organized online protest, petitions, etc.
          By the looks of things it certainly looks like it will be passed, but it's difficult to say exactly.

sigh...

6,150 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Why are there SOO MANY ACTS TO CONTROL THE INTERNET???!! scream

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers