Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mechanical Comrade

22,600 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Married 100
  • Lapin Patrol Chad: Victory! 50
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

x
x

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 𝓐𝓴𝓮𝓲𝓻𝓾 𝓗𝓲𝓽𝓼𝓾𝓳𝓲 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
She's resplendent, so confidentxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I realise, I'm hypnotized xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

There's a humming in the restless summer air
        And we're slipping off the course that we prepared
        But in all chaos, there is calculation

It was harder to get up the stairs than it had been to go down them, but Akeiru barely cared about the pain or the effort it took, she just wanted to be away from Nadya
        "This place is ********." She said, as soon as she got to their room, and looking to Lumina as she sat down again on the bed, "There's no way I'm going to go see one of their mind washing clerics."
        "I don't think we've got much of a choice in the matter right now.." Enthir replied, quickly dousing her flaring anger; and she crossed her arms with a frustrated sigh
        "I think our plan has gone out the window. We need to think of something out but he's right... Maybe we have to play the innocent and lost travellers... If we can get out in the town, maybe we can find the road that leads out, if there even is one... Din, I could use a drink"
        She shook her head, pulling her legs up to cross again on the bed, picking up the journal and pen that she had left on it and resting them in her lap
        "Well.. on the bright side for now, I suppose at least we're not sleeping in a jail cell this time..."

Delicate in every way but one (the swordplay)
        God knows we like archaic kinds of fun (the old way)
        Chance is the only game I play with, baby

Salty Sweetheart

User Image
⇢ʟumina ʟuca von ғeuer

the brightest flames burn the fastest

Lumina crawled into her bed and settled herself into the pillows and blankets eagerly, murmuring appreciation and sighing in relief as she found a comfortable position. She had herself turned on her side so she could still see and talk to Akeiru and Enthir.
"Mm, I dunno if it's really about brainwashing. Nadya did seem a little... too happy after a visit, but maybe the people are just really nice. Maybe she got good news. Can't really put that up to brainwashing..." she said, trying to stay positive about all this.
"Like, yeah, they all wear the same thing, but we've really only talked to Nadya about the town, so we don't know if they -all- have the same views... So maybe it's just Nadya who doesn't know about the castle?" she thought out loud.
"I don't know... Man, I just wanna sleep for three days..."

feed me slowly through the night

Mechanical Comrade

22,600 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Married 100

x
x

"but why else would all these people just suddenly want to settle down here?" Akeiru asked, propping her pillow up against the headboard of the bed and leaning back against it, Assuming the first watch for herself, she was sure she wouldn't be able to sleep after all that had happened
        "It can't be that great here..." She grumbled, cracking open the journal again with a sigh, pulling one of the candles and it's holder from the small table beside her bed, balancing it in front of her on the bed to give her more light to write
        She looked over when Enthir murmured something, attempting to contribute to the conversation, but his body was refusing him rapidly, and she stifled a laugh at the sight while he finally fell silent
        "I'll wake you up if anything happens." She said, her voice near a whisper, and the words directed at Lumina
        She supposed it was as good a time as any to see how well she remembered her healing spells; waiting until all she heard was the steady breath of both her companions before starting to concentrate on her side.

She did so for hours until the pink light of morning began to creep over the trees of the town and she was unsure if anything had even happened in the time she had spent exhausting herself further, though the pain had nearly all subsided, and when she moved she felt only a dull ache.
        It was an improvement at least, and one she was very thankful for.
        She hadn't heard a sound the entire night, which normally wouldn't have caught her interest, except for the fact that there was a profound lack of noise even from animals; and even as the sky grew lighter, no morning birds began their song.

Salty Sweetheart

User Image
⇢ʟumina ʟuca von ғeuer

Lumina rolled over sleepily, and hearing the sound of her pillow hit the floor made her just aware enough to open her eyes. They were dry, so dry, like seven deserts and a few bad jokes had made their home there. She thought about giggling at her analogy, but her throat was in the same situation. She saw Akeiru in the bed next to her, sun streaming over her friend and highlighting her features daintily. Her hair... seemed to glow with an aura caused by the gentle morning light.
"Mmmnguh," she managed to get out, pushing the blankets off and letting her arm flop back down lazily. She felt weighed down, still exhausted, and stopping all the activity and just resting for the night let her know just how much she really needed rest, but there was still so much to be done. This thought managed to convince her to get her feet off the bed and lean over the edge groggily, looking down at the wooden floor and blinking her eyes to get the dry feeling to subside.
"What time is it?" she asked Akeiru.

Mechanical Comrade

22,600 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Married 100

x
x

Akeiru looked looked over to her friend with a humorous smile; her hair was a mess even though she had barely seen her move all night.
        she turned to look out the window, the sun beginning to peek up over the rooftops
        "Early..." She said, with a shrug "Seven maybe... Sleep well?" She asked, knowing that they were all far too tired to have even close to a good nights sleep, though Enthir still snored softly
        He had been restless, tossing in the bed for the duration of the night; not that she blamed him given their situation
        Akeiru ignored the question she had asked Lumina, pushing herself to sit on the edge of the bed with her short legs unable to touch the ground
        She grumbled about it briefly, then motioned to her side
        "Help me peek under this bandaging... I'm not sure but I think I may have healed it.. Mostly.. Maybe" She said, the sentence beginning with confidence and ending in her being far less certain, and she let the words hang in the air with a sigh
        "At the very least, I made it stop hurting."

Salty Sweetheart

User Image
⇢ʟumina ʟuca von ғeuer

Lumina rubbed her tired eyes as she processed the request. Check the bandages. She could do that, all she needed to do was get off the bed and go look at the nasty wound from yesterday. Making the thought a reality was harder than she bargained for, but she did manage to blink away that horrible dryness and set her eyes on Akeiru, forcing herself onto her feet just to end up kneeling next to Akeiru's bed.
The bandages seemed dry, no new fluids apparent from the outside. Lumina found the end of the wrappings and unwound from around Akeiru's abdomen until she had the site of the wound in clear view. A neat red line lay before her, some parts of the line already broken with fresh, healed tissue. Some of the blood from before had dried around the wound and was peeling in flakes, leaving a bit of a mess on the sheets as Lumina had pulled the bandages away. Lumina was impressed with the progress.
"You should take a look, it's almost all better. Does it itch or feel tight or anything?" she asked, wanting to make sure an infection hadn't settled under the healed flesh. "And how's your appetite? Are you as hungry as I am?"

Mechanical Comrade

22,600 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Married 100

x
x

"Sore." Akeiru said, simply; as she pulled herself to sit up straight and pull tight on the wound to see if the skin would tear, and her motility
        It was an easier task than she thought, and she felt a slight tug where the line lay across her skin, and a tingling pain running across her, but she shook her head
        "Good enough.. I think it will hold." She spoke with pride in her tone, at least she hadn't forgotten everything over the years stuck on an airship, where most things she had used magic for were done by machines, though she always thought they didn't do the job quite as well.
        Akeiru reached down and grasped her friends arm, pulling her up to sit beside her on the bed as she unwound the rest of the bandaging from herself, tossing it to the side and brushing some of the flakes of blood away and pulling her shirt down over the wound again; hoping to herself quietly that Nadya didn't feel the need to check it out again, but the feeling of dread in her stomach felt like a knot, and she knew she would have to think up a good excuse, and fast.
        "So... The plan" Akeiru said, turning her eyes to Enthir who had shifted yet again, but looked somewhat roused by the sounds of others awake in the room, one arm stretched out under his pillow and hanging limp off the bed as he watched them with bleary, sleep crusted eyes
        "Or... We could just keep sleeping.." He said, his speech misty and slurred, but he knew all too well that it wouldn't be an option, and he lifted his free arm, his hand finding his face with a soft slap as he rubbed sleep from his eyes, every muscle screaming and protesting against him
        "Hungry.." Akeiru said, her mind latching on suddenly to Lumina's last words "Din, I'm starving.." She placed a hand to her stomach that gurgled under her touch. She had barely eaten before, and it felt like it had been weeks since her last full meal
        "Getting some strength back might be a better idea to start... Maybe they've got a library here or something, bookshelf... something to get an idea of what we're walking into"

Salty Sweetheart

User Image
⇢ʟumina ʟuca von ғeuer

As Lumina placed a hand on her friend's knee to reassure her, and get herself ready to prepare, she heard a gentle clanging from downstairs. Nadya was tinkering with something metallic, it seemed. Lumina had to struggle for a moment to remember what the girl looked like, as she had been pretty tired when dealing with the friendly villager the day before. As she steadied her thoughts, she felt a little better about the day.
"Food first, exploration and books second. Nadya might have something for us to get started with." Lumina smoothed the loose cotton of her dress over her knees with her free hand before remembering that she was wearing something strange. "And maybe clothes are a higher priority too. We're going to have to ask Nadya about something appropriate for us, and I still don't have boots..." she realized. Her feet did feel better after some rest, but they were still sore and blistered from going so long without shoes.
Getting herself off the bed, she looked around to see if she had left anything of hers around the room. She found nothing, as she had brought nothing. No weapons, no personal effects, not even the clothes she had come in with. They weren't salvageable anyways. She sighed quietly to herself, feeling greatly displaced, and looked back at Akeiru.
"I'm going to go talk to Nadya about supplies. If you want to come with me to find food, I'll be in the kitchen." she said, turning and heading down the stairs.

Mechanical Comrade

22,600 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Married 100

x
x

Akeiru nodded slowly, taking her time in pondering the request as she looked down to her own clothes; they were comfortable and we'll fitted, made specifically for her as a gift from enthir when she had trouble finding something to fit her tiny frame in his world.
        Many of the women there were taller, and she had often found herself evading strange lools fro, passers by, though she had the same problem at home, she supposed. But the article clattered with metal and gears that adorned the cloth, a decorative touch she had grown all to accustomed to, brass and steel and steam everywhere she looked, and she looked more out of place now than she had in the maids garb.
        Golden stiching bordered the collar of her coat with the name Libanthia in the scrolled font she favoured, identifying her ship, and she moved her hair slowly to cover it as best she could, along with her pointed ears, her eyes wandering to the other half of her collar where more stitching lay. Felicity... she shrugged to herself, feeling no harm in letting the nickname show
        She reached over, grasping the bandaging in her hands and holding it tightly, they were still clean, for the most part, only a small oily stain where the salve had been against her wound, and her skin still felt sticky from the residue
        She decided she had one of two options, to fake the wound and perhaps gain some sympathy from the woman who stitched her, or leave it to chance that these people knew anything of magic.
        But the thought crossed her mind that if they did, Nadya likely would have just healed her in the first place.
        She hesitated again, but picked it up, shaking the loose crust of blood off to make it look cleaner as she carefully pulled her shirt up and wrapped herself with the white cloth again, tight enough to make it look as if it had never been moved.
        "I-" she stopped short, looking over to entire which lay limp in the bed, his chest rising and falling slowly, and she felt her eyes wander him, though she shook herself from it quickly. At least one of them should be well rested, she figured, allowing him to sleep as she pushed herself from the bed and walked slowly, barely feeling the wound pull any more as she did.
        She hadn't had the chance to look at the halls much the day previous, and they seemed so very plain to her, not that a hospital needed much decoration given that most people were probably unconscious.
        She turned into the kitchen finally, spotting Lumina and giving a smile to her friend, feigning weakness as she made her way to her side
        "Figured I would let him sleep..." She said, with a surprised expression as another loud gurgle from her stomach caught her off guard
        "Find anything to eat yet?" She asked, hopefully

Salty Sweetheart

User Image
⇢ʟumina ʟuca von ғeuer

"No, it doesn't seem like there's anything here to cook with..." Lumina said as she took a look through a sparsely stocked dish cupboard. "And I looked for Nadya, but I think she stepped out."
As Lumina said that, a gentle clang rang out from the front of the building, probably from the front door. Footsteps brought the noise into the kitchen, and Nadya appeared, toting a large copper-coloured pot with a lid. The handles were wrapped in kitchen towels, which suggested the contents were hot. "Oh, good morning!" the chipper girl sang to them as she placed the pot on a serving table. "I hope you slept well, there's plenty for us to do this morning!"
"Good morning, Nadya, and thank you, yes, the beds were wonderful." Lumina said, watching the overly cheerful girl pull bowls and spoons from the cupboards.
"Excellent! I've brought breakfast from Temple, they made a hot porridge with fruits and nuts today. Once we're finished up, we need to get all of you properly dressed, and meet with the Cleric." Nadya said, her back turned to the pair as she dished up a bowl of porridge for each of them. As she turned to press a bowl into Lumina's hands, she looked at Lumina, and then Akeiru, and then made a face as she looked around. She handed a second bowl to Akeiru as she asked, "We seem to be missing someone. Felix, where's Eli?"

Mechanical Comrade

22,600 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Married 100

x
x

Akeiru allowed the bowl to slip into her hands, and she began to wonder how this woman could seem to make any room uncomfortable with such sudden force that she nearly lost the minimal contents of her stomach into the small bowl, but the smell of the porridge calmed her slightly
        She paled, feeling dizzy, but regained as much composure as she could,
        "He is asleep." She said, Shaking her head as if she were confused by the question. Where else would he be in this goddess forsaken town
        "It's been a very trying few days for him. It's better to let him sleep. if he were hungry he would be down here."
        She made a mental note to try and correct her tone that had turned slightly defensive and snippy though the statement wasn't entirely untrue, She knew he had barely been off of an airship his entire life, and here she was, dragging him on an adventure he never asked for.
        She felt somewhat guilty at the thought but it was certainly not the time to contemplate such things
        Compared to Nadia she must have looked ridiculous, her comfortable heeled boots which dirt and some blood still clung to, and her clothes that made her look like she was about to lead a cavalry charge
        "I prefer my clothing" She said, her tone more final than she meant it to be, but she wasn't about to go along with whatever this woman wanted - who knew what she could be plotting.
        Though she seemed so excited about this temple and cleric that she couldn't help but be curious of what it was about,
        It was easy to make someone follow you if you brought faith into it
        "though my friend could use some, I'm certain... Your stitching is holding fine and I'm obviously well enough to walk, I'm sure I have something that can compensate you for the food and clothing and lodging, but we really must be on our way very soon"

Salty Sweetheart

User Image
⇢ʟumina ʟuca von ғeuer

Nadya nodded and smiled blankly at Akeiru as she listened, seeming to ignore her suggestion of moving on so soon. She took her own bowl and dug into it with a spoon, pulling up a lump of fruity oats to let it cool.
"I'm sure we could arrange a later meeting with the Cleric, if he needs more rest. Group meetings always work the best, trust me." she suggested.
Lumina looked over at Akeiru and gave her a 'you tried' shrug before popping a spoonful of the porridge into her own mouth, making a noise of satisfaction as the fruits melted on her tongue. She spoke between small bites, "I'd like to visit the marketplace, I need some boots."
Nadya nodded sagely, seeming to half listen.
"I'm sure we have time for that, but if you go out dressed as you are... I'm going to have to accompany you. You attract so much attention, especially you, Felix."
Lumina felt her throat tighten a little, and she fought to choke down the bite of porridge she had just eaten. She was counting on being able to go snoop about, find a library and do a little studying up, but she felt as if this girl was set to keep an eye on their group. It was a smothering feeling, and all she wanted to do was shut herself in a room away from Nadya, just to be away from her watchful gaze. "I'm... sure that's not necessary. We know where the marketplace is, and we can handle a few stares."
Nadya had finished her small bowl of porridge already, and rinsed it out in the sink.
"Oh, I'm entirely certain it is necessary, Lulu. Finish up, and we'll head out!"

Mechanical Comrade

22,600 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Married 100

x
x

Akeiru's eyes flicked over to Lumina with the same concerns she knew her companion felt, Pushing another tiny spoonful of the porridge into her mouth. It was delicious, and reminded her vaguely of something she couldn't put her finger on; Something she had long forgotten she was sure, but the scent of perfume flooded her for a fleeting moment before she was snapped back to reality
        "I'll come with you then. He'll be fine here." She said, with a fast paced tone, not about to let her friend wander off with this woman alone, and perhaps she could leave a note for Enthir to do some snooping of his own
        "Besides, I'm sure a walk would do me good."
        She found herself pushing more of the oats around the bowl rather than eat them, slowly separating the fruits to one side and taking only one more small bite before putting her spoon back into the bowl and pushing it a few inches away from herself
        This woman had a terrible habit of making her lose her appetite
        "I will go leave him a note to tell him... So he's ready when we get back." She said, pushing herself to stand before Nadya could protest her decision, If she was even really listening to her speak at all.
        She glanced over to Lumina in hopes that she could stall Nadya long enough for her to get back down the stairs, and left the kitchen much faster than she had come into it.

Enthir was still fast asleep when she entered the room, and she walked slowly over to him to avoid rousing him.
        She felt terrible as she ripped a page of paper from her journal on the bed, apologising softly to it and scribbling down a hasty note to fill him in on whatever she could, folding it in half and stepping back to his side.
        She grasped the opening of his coat that he had fallen asleep in, pulling it open to reveal the gun he kept in the leather harness strapped around his chest for easier access.
        He stirred when she unclasped it, pulling the weapon from him and placing the note where it had been.
        She didn't like the thought of leaving him unarmed, but doubted he would need it since it tended to be his last resort anyway.
        Akeiru looked it over with distaste, pulling the clip down to count the bullets she had left and sighed at the sight. Half the clip was left, and she recalled only one spare in the bag beside the bed.
        It would have to do, she thought, pushing it back in and tucking it into an inner pocket of her coat, the material thick enough to conceal it fully as she pulled a few of the buttons closed and retreated back down the stairs, wiping the dirt from her boots off with her hands quickly before emerging in the room with the other two again, returning to Lumina's side while Nadya's back was turned to her, pulling her coat tighter only momentarily to reveal the outline of the gun, letting it go and shrugging; hoping to Din she woudn't need to use it.

Salty Sweetheart

User Image
⇢ʟumina ʟuca von ғeuer

Lumina watched Nadya wash the dishes in silence, or rather, her own silence, because Nadya was humming a cheerful tune. The silent girl wrapped her hand around her other arm, turning her thoughts inward for a moment as she wished to escape the moment, feeling a bit alone in this company. She was starting to understand why Akeiru was so shifty. Nadya had good intentions, she could feel the sincerity, but these good intentions were not meant to help Lumina figure anything out.
Nadya stopped her humming and spoke, but kept her eyes fixed on the dishes.
"I hope we can be good friends, Lulu. I just want to help."
Lumina felt the hairs on the back of her neck rise, a feeling of unease settling itself on her like a cold hand going up her spine. She hastily spit out a "Yeah," before Akeiru made her way back into the room, and Lumina watched her smooth her coat. She caught the outline of the hidden weapon and sidled a little closer to Akeiru, brushing her fingers against the sleeve of her friend's coat in an attempt to ground herself.
Nadya turned around after Akeiru arrived, smiling as she placed the last dish in the cupboard.
"Perfect timing! Shall we?" she said, hanging the dishcloth on a hook neatly before heading out down the hallway.
Lumina had nodded in response, placing a small smile on her face to appease Nadya and convince herself that it wasn't so bad, free food and free clothes were worth some hassle. She followed the girl out the building and down the street, paying close attention to the townsfolk.
She watched the windows of the buildings as she passed by, catching interested stares. Once or twice, she was sure she caught a curtain shifting behind a closed window. She frowned, wondering whether they were being spied on, or if a guilty audience just wanted to avoid being seen.
She didn't have too much time to dwell on the thought, as Nadya turned to look at Akeiru and Lumina.
"I don't have too much to trade today, so we can only focus on boots for Lulu and maybe a trinket or a sweet for you, Felix. Don't stray too far, please." she said in a warm tone, smiling cheerily.
Something about it rubbed Lumina the wrong way. It sounded like something her mother would warn her with.

Mechanical Comrade

22,600 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Married 100

x
x

Enthir felt the beam of sun moving against his face as he lie motionless, his eyes still closed, though he listened to the sounds around him which was... Nothing?
        He cracked one eye open slowly to look around the empty room, turning on his side and hearing a strange crumple from under his coat, and feeling around until he found the note Akeiru had left.
        He grumbled about being left alone in this place, though at least he was really alone.
        His muscles still screamed when he lifted himself to sit, swinging his legs over the edge of the bed and putting his hand over his eyes, sighing and rubbing the sleep from them
        "Right... Look around... I can do that I guess."
        Enthir wasn't entirely sure how long they would be gone, but he hoped they hadn't been gone long already before he woke, even though he was grateful for Akeiru letting him sleep.
        Standing, he felt his legs shake and protest under him, but steadied himself and picked up the bag beside the bed, pulling it over his shoulder and shoving the note back into his pocket as he smoothed out his clothes and took a look around the room.
        There wasn't much aside from a line of beds, only three with dishevelled covers and the few cupboards where they had found the supplies to wash with.
        Not really the type of things they were looking for, but Enthir had a small hunch that Akeiru was asking him to prepare for a road trip.
        He opened the flap of his bag as he left the room, confirming to himself that there was plenty of space to fit whatever he could find.
        Nothing was on the top floor aside from their room and like others, and the downstairs didn't seem much better, the few rooms with stone tables sat eerily quiet, but he stepped into one anyway, opening a few cupboards before spotting some bandaging supplies; shoving a couple of the cotton rolls and a tin of the salve Nadya had used on Akeiru into the bag, re-arranging whatever was left inside to make it look full again and closed it again, hoping the woman didn't do extensive inventory too.
        For most of his search there was nothing but useless items, and he found himself frustrated at the thought, entering the last portion of the building, the shop they had walked into.
        The floor was now spotless, like there had never been blood dripping onto it, feeling suddenly a little ill at the thought.
        His eyes were drawn to the shelf of herbs, or, what he assumed were herbs, lined up in portioned bags, and of course, unlabelled.
        "Leaves... Leaves... Leaves... Flowers... More leaves... Sticks... What the hell do you need a bag of sticks for?" He asked himself, angrily. finding the whole thing rather ridiculous. The least someone could do would be to label the bags of random plant life in a shop.
        He picked a few of the bags up, unsure why he did, but he settled on a small bag of assorted, dried purple flowers,assuming Akeiru or Lumina knew what they might be for, pulling one from the back of the shelf and placing it gently into the bag to keep from crushing the delicate looking petals, and knocking softly on the back of the shelf to see if it was a false backing, but only made contact with a solid wall.
        So much for that idea.
        He looked at the bag of sticks again, feeling a pulling feeling towards them and gave in to the thought, grabbing a bag of the wood and putting it alongside the flowers
        He supposed they could at least throw them at someone.
        On the last shelf there were small bottles with what seemed like already distilled liquid inside of them, pictures of flowers and other plants on them were the only indication of a label, and he studied them closely before finally giving up and picking a few at random, pulling a piece of cloth from his bag and wrapping the glass bottles in it to keep them from making and noise or breaking.
        He wondered briefly why Akeiru hadn't stayed to do this herself, given that he was certain she would have had much better luck, though he supposed he was the less suspicious one of the bunch given that they had left him here on his own.
        He searched the room one last time, scanning with his eyes and finding nothing else of interest, not even a register with any currency to help them along the way, though he felt his nerves get the better of him, feeling that someone may walk in the door on him at any moment, and he moved quickly back to the bedroom they had slept in, sighing in relief when he knew it was over.

Akeiru stifled a growl at Nadya's words, She may have been the size of a twelve year old but that certainly didn't make her one. but she forced a smile and a nod to the woman, and placing her hands in her pockets
        She looked around cautiously, spotting a market stand with some various books and papers on it, and found her opporunity arising.
        he pulled her hands from her pocket and grasped Lumina's with Vigor
        "Lulu! Doesn't this place remind you of home? You remember when we were children, My father would have to chase us all around"
        She told the lie with laughter, pressing something hidden into lumina's palm as Akeiru closed the girls hand around it.
        It wasn't longer than her palm, but a clear joint could be felt at one end; a folding blade, and Akeiru gave the smallest wink to her companion as she retracted her hands again
        "I'll stay in sight. I promise." She said, Looking to Nadya and not waiting for a response from her before moving away to another stand with objects Akeiru couldn't quite recognise, and was relieved that the stands were all close enough to eachother that she could go almost anywhere while keeping where Lumina could see her.
        She looked back often, like she were pretending to Nadya that she was keeping to her word, and when she saw that the two had found the clothing, she slipped over to where she had seen the books.
        A young girl stood behind the stand, which was sparsely populated with dull coloured books, and she eyes Akeiru nervously as she looked over them, looking more alarmed as Akeiru picked one up
        It wasn't large, but was as thick as her hand flat and the leather bound cover had the embossed picture of a fox on the cover
        She opened the pages gently, finding illustrations of what seemed to be creatures of the area. It may help, assuming Lumina could recognise any of them from how long she had likely spent in the forest
        "You don't happen to have a map of the area, do you?" Akeiru asked the girl, who jumped at her question, but shook her head in response "No. No maps... Just what I have here..."
        The book would have to do then, and she kept hold of it as she looked over the others, finding another book similar to the first she held with a small triangle on the cover that looked to represent a mountain. Anything geographic would be very helpful, she thought, looking up again to catch the girl eyeing her with a more curious gaze, and she followed it to a golden and brass pin that stuck to the cuff of her coat
        She recalled briefly Nadya mentioning trading, and Akeiru gave a warm smile
        "You like it?" She asked, and the girl pulled back suddenly, startled she had been caught, and stammering out a useless bunch of noises like she didn't know what to say
        "I'll give it to you for these books, is that fair?"
        She seemed reluctant, and scared as she looked around, but settled herself when whatever she was looking for wasn't there
        "Yes. You can take them for that" She spoke hurriedly, and Akeiru pulled the pin from her cuff and handed it to the girl, who snatched it and shoved it underneath her sash like it was something very wrong for her to even have laid eyes on, holding a hand over her stomach where it sat to hide the outline of her illegal treasure.
        Akeiru took it as a very clear sign to leave the stand, retreating to her friend that she had left for much too long with Nadya, and holding the two books flat against her hip, feeling a little dismayed that they were too big to hide from her, but a few pages on animals and rocks didn't seem all that incriminating

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces