Welcome to Gaia! ::

we have seen enough amazing things that technology came with,alot of things we never expected to happen & a person from the previous centuries can never believe or accept.
do you think the evolution of technologies will someday attain its maximum borders & cannot advance anymore, nothing new to come with ?
Why did you make a new one? Oh well...

I don't think technology will ever stagnate especially as long as there are hackers out there taking existing technology and repurposeing it or making it 'more efficient'
r0x0r1
do you think the evolution of technologies will someday attain its maximum borders & cannot advance anymore, nothing new to come with ?
I think you're asking the wrong question.

Apotheosis is, by definition, the point where we evolve to the point that our understanding of the universe is complete - or, at least, as complete as is necessary for the next step in evolution. What's to say there's nothing beyond that?
psychic stalker
r0x0r1
I think you're asking the wrong question.

Apotheosis is, by definition, the point where we evolve to the point that our understanding of the universe is complete - or, at least, as complete as is necessary for the next step in evolution. What's to say there's nothing beyond that?

I think that apotheosis, as you defined it, is impssobile to be attained. No matter the point we evolve to, there will be still some hidden facts about the universe, nonunderstandable phenomenons, and answereless questions, which means our understanding of the universe can never be complete.
my question was about the countless astonishing inventions this era came with, that 's all or there will be more ? if there will be , so what's next ?

Shameless Enabler

Of course there won't be an endpoint. Humans are innovators, and inventors, by default. If a technology can be improved, it will be. It's been happening ever since the first caveman decided to make his rock sharper to kill more efficiently.

What you're really asking is, do you think what you consider technology will ever cease to improve, which usually means laptops and smartphones and all that. Which is still a no, unless there's a cataclysmic event that makes the pursuit of innovation in electronics impossible or extremely difficult.
r0x0r1
my question was about the countless astonishing inventions this era came with, that 's all or there will be more ? if there will be , so what's next ?
Again, I think it's the wrong question.

Even right now, engineers and scientists can easily foresee a whole class of advancements over all of our current technology: silicon chips may give way to diamond, carbon nanotude, or graphene substrates; microscopy may give way to some kind of currently unforeseen subatomic imaging technology; von Neumann computing (what we use today) may give way to quantum computing or biological computing; ion propulsion may give way to antimatter reactions or space warping; and so on.

We can already see what possible directions to pursue with new technologies, so it's ludicrous to ask whether "that's all or there will be more."

The real question is when we will achieve Apotheosis or whether we will at all. We will always find ways to advance. Evolution to Apotheosis is merely the last step that we can foresee.
Logically, eventually we won't be able to advance our technology any further (assuming we live long enough) because we already "know" everything, and any further development would be a variation on a theme. However, that's only for this reality. There's nothing saying we wouldn't "perfect" our current tech, then use it to advance ourselves to a higher plane of being and find ourselves at the bottom of the chain again.
I think over time certain techniques will be forgotten and rediscovered periodically... it happens right now.
Depending on the available technology certain approaches are better than others. As the technology changes the approaches fall in and out of favour. If there is enough time between such a trend most people just don't know the old approaches and they must rediscovered.

So even if we know everything there will still be 'innovation' ...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff