Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fluffy Bunny

20,325 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Fearsome 200
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Avant Garde 200
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Divine 500
Celeste Starfyre

i have 3 words for you. wait.. for.. changes. lol there will be alot of change in alchemy. look at aquarium o_o first the stuff costed only GC then now alot of decroations etc are free!

Fluffy Bunny

20,325 Points
Sweet Talk Tether

Gaia has had almost a whole damn year to make the "right fixes." All they've given us are band-aids over the gaping, festering wound that is Alchemy. Still, at least those quick fixes are SOMETHING. Not even remotely enough, but something. Giving feedback regarding a feature that was implemented extremely poorly is not the same as bitching. Many of us want alchemy to work, but it's just not going to happen unless the Alchemy team finally gives up on their "my precious creation is flawless" mentality.

You continuously bring up the backwings and the cases/caches as if they are the only things you can craft in Alchemy. News flash: THEY AREN'T. I personally don't give a flying ******** about the wings. I had my heart set on being able to craft a Pale Marionette, but, like the backwings, the effort needed to create them is nowhere near worth it. So, wrap your mind around the concept of Alchemy not being just about backwings and caches because, at this point, you're just regurgitating the same thing over and over again.

Although with your last statement, I'm all but certain you're just trolling.

THERE you said it! Crafting Pale marionette. if you think it should be easy to craft that item, imagine how many people would get mad if it was easy to craft. it was one of the rares in the bundle, sure i want it too, but if they make it 'easy' alot of people would get mad about it too. No one is ever happy! they are making it sort of impossible to craft rare things from bundle bc well no one woould buy bundles if the rare things in them are easily craftable. -___-

and i only talk about wings and caches bc it more pertains to the thread topic >_> theres so much more i can say about alchemy. lol

Stellar Star

24,975 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
The Undead Suitor
The Zorya

Issue here is that the developers that worked on alchemy did not find the middle ground in making it challenging without making it too frustrating. Job of SF is to complain when something like this happens so developers know that there is something wrong with system.

The issue with Alchemy is that the developers didn't do anything. The artists of the alchemy items set the rarity, and they all believe that those items should be near-impossibly to make because....

they..made them?

What the developers are doing now with the caches and cases is nothing but damage control, and fixing a broken system created by a bunch of artists who know nothing about item statistics. And just wanted to make a rare item in their name.

There is something wrong with this picture. I thought this was rumor, that artists were developing alchemy, a big feature, yet keeping the same mindset as if they were making a RIG/some cash shop item.

Not that the developers didn't try to patch the system up. Let's give them at least this much credit. I am not saying it is enough.

Polkadot Pocky's Partner In Crime

Anxious Shapeshifter

Empress Boa
Sweet Talk Tether

Gaia has had almost a whole damn year to make the "right fixes." All they've given us are band-aids over the gaping, festering wound that is Alchemy. Still, at least those quick fixes are SOMETHING. Not even remotely enough, but something. Giving feedback regarding a feature that was implemented extremely poorly is not the same as bitching. Many of us want alchemy to work, but it's just not going to happen unless the Alchemy team finally gives up on their "my precious creation is flawless" mentality.

You continuously bring up the backwings and the cases/caches as if they are the only things you can craft in Alchemy. News flash: THEY AREN'T. I personally don't give a flying ******** about the wings. I had my heart set on being able to craft a Pale Marionette, but, like the backwings, the effort needed to create them is nowhere near worth it. So, wrap your mind around the concept of Alchemy not being just about backwings and caches because, at this point, you're just regurgitating the same thing over and over again.

Although with your last statement, I'm all but certain you're just trolling.

THERE you said it! Crafting Pale marionette. if you think it should be easy to craft that item, imagine how many people would get mad if it was easy to craft. it was one of the rares in the bundle, sure i want it too, but if they make it 'easy' alot of people would get mad about it too. No one is ever happy! they are making it sort of impossible to craft rare things from bundle bc well no one woould buy bundles if the rare things in them are easily craftable. -___-

and i only talk about wings and caches bc it more pertains to the thread topic >_> theres so much more i can say about alchemy. lol

I feel like this point needs to be reiterated far more than necessary...
Nobody here has been truly asking for "easy".
We've been asking for doable

As it stands Alchemy is usable as a whole by a VERY SMALL percentage of users.
Sure, we can all level up to a point by spamming caches and such, but that isn't the whole point of alchemy.

I don't feel like it's unreasonable at all that us, as a user base, wants Alchemy to meet it's full potential.

In an ideal setup, the items would be tricky/time consuming to craft, but ultimately cheaper than outright buying the item.
That is not the case here, and I see no problem in people giving their feedback until alchemy has reached a place where the majority of users are able to utilize it in a way that makes sense and isn't broken as ********.
Empress Boa
Camass

theres so many other level 1 formulas you can craft. why even craft that? to get the item? do you really want it that bad? bc you can craft alot of things without spending so much gold. I use the gold i get from making caches into making more caches. most components are going down. most people want components cheap. THEN there's people who want their components to sell for higher price. such as you right? If not, why dont u sell ur Rare components cheaper so it sells faster instead. if you're getting into alchemy expect all components to get cheaper bc people complaining everything so expensive, and theyre making it cheaper more available. Now here comes people who have 'rare' components who cant seem to sell their components at a high price. SEE there's always problems. people. always. complain. man i should not pay attention to all these people in this thread. its just all NAG NAG NAG rofl
No, youre totally missing the point and I think youre doing it on purpose. What if I WANT that object that costs that much to make? What then? I just dont understand your question. The more I think about it the more my brain says WTF...of course people want these things or Gaia wouldnt have created them.

As for the selling prices. It was an example of how skewed the supply and demand are. Those components arent selling at the moment because the other needed components are so rare/expensive so people are lowering the prices way beyond what the average price is. Should the average price be lower? In some cases yes. HOWEVER it was more a point of the desperation of these users lowering the prices THAT LOW to get the gold back that they feel was wasted. I have the patience to wait it out.Those people obviously dont. You spend so much gold and time making a chase or case to open it and get one 2k item out of it. THAT is ******** up. I think it would help a lot and more people would be happier (not happy, just happier) with alchemy if it wasnt a guessing game if they were going to get screwed or not.

Lets say that you personally spend 300k making an item and you open it and there is that stupid 2k component. You being you (from what we have seen so far) would say, oh well, such is the price to play. But what if that happened to you 5, 10 or even 20 times in a row. How would you feel then? Would you stop opening them? Would you stop making them? That HAS happened to other people and they have stopped making and opening them. I dont mind the higher level formulas being more expensive and harder to craft but when youre looking at level one being almost 1.5 mil to craft and lots of people being stuck on level 3 alchemy, then something needs to be changed. Seriously. So what if it takes a while to make the wings. At least give us some doable formulas to GET to level 10. I have a level 4 formula with the components I need to craft the item but I cant because Im stuck on level 3.

Im not sure where you are but Im in America where you are free to have and speak your own opinion but I am with the others in thinking that you are now just here to cause issues and now calling people names. Mature. Im done feeding the troll.
User Image

Fluffy Bunny

20,325 Points
Hikaki

I feel like this point needs to be reiterated far more than necessary...
Nobody here has been truly asking for "easy".
We've been asking for doable

As it stands Alchemy is usable as a whole by a VERY SMALL percentage of users.
Sure, we can all level up to a point by spamming caches and such, but that isn't the whole point of alchemy.

I don't feel like it's unreasonable at all that us, as a user base, wants Alchemy to meet it's full potential.

In an ideal setup, the items would be tricky/time consuming to craft, but ultimately cheaper than outright buying the item.
That is not the case here, and I see no problem in people giving their feedback until alchemy has reached a place where the majority of users are able to utilize it in a way that makes sense and isn't broken as ********.

there's going to be changes to come, and in fact i find it more doable now compared to last month or so. things are all getting cheaper. some people complain things are expensive in alchemy and not doable, Then some people complain its not enough gold sink. so many clashing views on this! This thread is scolding gaia more than suggesting things. Why dont u people ask them nicely about it. it's not like they will never ever make changes in alchemy. Im waiting for nice changes myself. I am sure they will.

bbetularia's Husband

Naughty Nymph

20,700 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Magical Girl 50
Empress Boa
Sweet Talk Tether

*snip*

I honestly couldn't care less how angry people got if crafting a Pale Marionette was easy and I certainly wouldn't complain if it was, but I'm more than willing to actually work for my item. However, as it stands, crafting one via Alchemy would cost more than just purchasing the damn thing off the marketplace. This is an issue that has gotten out of hand in ALL of Alchemy.

You'll have to forgive my skepticism, but you probably don't have anything more to say about Alchemy than the same tired old thing you've been saying this whole time.

Fluffy Bunny

20,325 Points
Sweet Talk Tether

I honestly couldn't care less how angry people got if crafting a Pale Marionette was easy and I certainly wouldn't complain if it was, but I'm more than willing to actually work for my item. However, as it stands, crafting one via Alchemy would cost more than just purchasing the damn thing off the marketplace. This is an issue that has gotten out of hand in ALL of Alchemy.

You'll have to forgive my skepticism, but you probably don't have anything more to say about Alchemy than the same tired old thing you've been saying this whole time.

lol i do have something to say. come buy my components at my store! rofl

bbetularia's Husband

Naughty Nymph

20,700 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Magical Girl 50
Empress Boa
Sweet Talk Tether

lol i do have something to say. come buy my components at my store! rofl

Great, now that you have nothing better to say, we can all, like, move on.

I'm finding it hard to believe that we'll be getting any noteworthy updates to Alchemy anytime soon; we haven't so much as had a tweak to the GMG formula. I really am wondering what the Alchemy team is doing about, well, anything.

In a relationship with Yiisu

Demonology Warlock

60,225 Points
  • The Forlorn Warlock 500
  • Dual Class Magic User 500
  • Night Club Singer 500
Sweet Talk Tether
I'm finding it hard to believe that we'll be getting any noteworthy updates to Alchemy anytime soon; we haven't so much as had a tweak to the GMG formula. I really am wondering what the Alchemy team is doing about, well, anything.
That's a good point. I wonder why the GMG formula hasn't been adjusted yet. Seems like it would have been a given since a few people have reminded them nearly two months ago and they made note of it.

bbetularia's Husband

Naughty Nymph

20,700 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Magical Girl 50
Razumi Yazura
Sweet Talk Tether
That's a good point. I wonder why the GMG formula hasn't been adjusted yet. Seems like it would have been a given since a few people have reminded them nearly two months ago and they made note of it.

Yeah, it seems like a rather easy fix, I'm (sort of) surprised it hasn't been tweaked yet, especially since I think some components are exclusive to the GMG.

In a relationship with Yiisu

Demonology Warlock

60,225 Points
  • The Forlorn Warlock 500
  • Dual Class Magic User 500
  • Night Club Singer 500
Sweet Talk Tether
Razumi Yazura
Sweet Talk Tether

Yeah, it seems like a rather easy fix, I'm (sort of) surprised it hasn't been tweaked yet, especially since I think some components are exclusive to the GMG.
I guess the only solution right now is just to buy them in the MP to get the components, but eh. That doesn't solve the formula problem and that fact that they don't translate properly in comparison to the cache and case. User Image

Mega Sex Symbol

7,650 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
Empress Boa
Celeste Starfyre

i have 3 words for you. wait.. for.. changes. lol there will be alot of change in alchemy. look at aquarium o_o first the stuff costed only GC then now alot of decroations etc are free!

Ok, You can go wait quietly then, and we'll just continue to nag nag nag amongst ourselves. How about that?
This forum is for feedback. If you don't want to see people, you know, asking for change... this may not be the forum of choice for you.

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
iMoira

and one more thing. why would you ban people who oppose the opening thread topic. if this is feedback thread, then you should allow people to express different perspectives. in a way, some of you people are selfish bc you dont want to recognize how alchemy has helped alot of people. I hope they make alternatives to the wings soon and that they might as well get all the alchemy stuff so easy a caveman can do it. lol oh but wait, i bet after that you will then move on to naggin on what, the new towns? OH BOY.

Dicks blocked you because you're trolling.

And because you're marketing your s**t in her thread.

And failing to acknowledge legitimate concerns.

And using the same point over and over which is easily rebutted by the fact Alchemy hasn't changed in over a year.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff