Welcome to Gaia! ::

In a relationship with PoshuI

Empress Boa
Poshul
None of this stuff these couple people are saying is new. I have heard all of it before and responded to it all before. I'm just going to reiterate: it's nice that you're making money from caches/cases and trash however, alchemy is an entire SYSTEM with many recipes, not just those few. When you talk about "alchemy" and you really mean "crafting caches and cases" that's not right. Also speaking of crafting those as good and a way for you to get profit and so then implying the entire system of alchemy is fine as is is again wrong because you are only looking at that one tiny fraction of the entire system.

Hate to break it to you, alchemy is not "new" anymore. We are nearly a year into it now and had we just "waited it out" those caches and cases you profit from so much wouldn't even be doable for you. Their formulas were only changed because we kept on them about it. It's the only thing they have decided to change since this mess began.

With some of you it's damned if we do damned if we don't. We complain about it so it's just "wait and see". If we wait and see and nothing happens it's "well you should have complained about it back then". And I'm sorry, but an entire system built around the rich make the goods and the poor paupers sell the components to them is NOT something I'm going to praise Gaia for. I'm willing to sacrifice the profit from cache and case making if it means people will be able to make all the recipes and have fun with the system and who's to say that if some of those crazy recipes became easier to do, you couldn't make profit from them too? You want to keep it the same to protect your current earning style because it's easy and profitable and to hell with the rest of the broken system, ridiculous requirements for anything other than those couple recipes, and nothing readily available and inviting you to use it other than trash. Who are the ones who want it to be easy again?

you clearly missed my point, all though i would love to keep steady profit. id prefer for them to lessen the trash in making caches. Im trying to level up as well too. Im level 5. I understand its hard to sometimes acquire things to level up thus, its not fun for people. I want alot of people to get into alchemy more. if everyone got on it, there would be more components and formulas out, making everything more accessible to people. Even the rich can sell components so they can make gold too. its really their choice to buy or not. it all depends on their patience to gather these items ye? Theyre always looking into fixes. Yes its good that people voice out to gaia what they need. So just maybe all of you suggest it to Gaia through ATA instead of constant complaining and bitching about it. Im so tired of drama. there's always things to complain about. You people will never be happy.

If people just wont scare everyone into thinking Alchemy is so negative, thered be soo many more people getting into Alchemy, thus making components and formulas cheaper etc. so please tell me again i just want to keep these profits for myself.

You don't sound like you've looked through the ATA's going from alchemy's start because people have been in there every time asking and suggesting for fixes to alchemy and often get passed over, or they get the generic "Sorry we're looking into it". I'm so tired of drama, there's always things to complain about, you people will never be happy. Yes I've heard those all before and I just roll my eyes at them now because it's just dimissive "I don't care so you shouldn't either" type language. If that's how you feel, I don't know why you're in this thread in the first place.

Mega Sex Symbol

7,650 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
GeryKo

First of all i didnt said alchemy dont need tweeking yes it can be done many many things to it like better odds for example, or removing the fish and zomg items from caches craftings but still i do not agree it is a broken future, i do not agree it is for only 3% of gaians and i do not agree that having been first to craft something have to be granted only becouse you are old user... i am old user too and i dont expect to be granted with free items for that
I only want to say that if more ppl were doing alchemy there would be more items in the market and your crafting work would have been cheaper and easyer.... and yes there are few thing that can be tweeked

I NEVER said I wanted it just because I was old. I said old users, like myself, are excluded mostly by this feature.

Also, GAIA THEMSELVES has stated its for 3% of users.
I have a high suspicion that either A- you are trolling or B- you came from some other forum and have no clue what you're talking about.

You say "alchemy is a gold sink" and dont listen to what people say in reply. Then in the next breath you say deflation wont happen. DEFLATION IS THE POINT OF GOLD SINKS.

Inflation = more gold is in the system = gold is worth less = things cost more = BAD
Deflation = less gold is in the system = gold is worth more = things cost less = GOOD

A gold sink is a feature that REMOVES GOLD from the system. For example, the gold shops. When you buy an item at the gold shops, that gold is DESTROYED. It no longer exists.

Alchemy only sinks a small amount of gold via creation fees. What it DOES destroy however, are items. Items with finite amounts in circulation. This is bad. It creates artificial value in some items and has in fact exhausted supplies of some others, already. Given Gaia's maintenance record, no, I don't trust them to monitor the items destruction and reseed them through the economy.

This topic wasn't dead before you came along, and I wont let it die, not for a while anyways. I am sorry you view this as "whining" but it is FEEDBACK and it is welcome here, in the site FEEDBACK forum, in case you forgot what you clicked on. Until I either become convinced Gaia doesn't care, and wont change the feature, or they actually change it- I'll keep this up.

In a relationship with PoshuI

GeryKo
Poshul
None of this stuff these couple people are saying is new. I have heard all of it before and responded to it all before. I'm just going to reiterate: it's nice that you're making money from caches/cases and trash however, alchemy is an entire SYSTEM with many recipes, not just those few. When you talk about "alchemy" and you really mean "crafting caches and cases" that's not right. Also speaking of crafting those as good and a way for you to get profit and so then implying the entire system of alchemy is fine as is is again wrong because you are only looking at that one tiny fraction of the entire system.

Hate to break it to you, alchemy is not "new" anymore. We are nearly a year into it now and had we just "waited it out" those caches and cases you profit from so much wouldn't even be doable for you. Their formulas were only changed because we kept on them about it. It's the only thing they have decided to change since this mess began.

With some of you it's damned if we do damned if we don't. We complain about it so it's just "wait and see". If we wait and see and nothing happens it's "well you should have complained about it back then". And I'm sorry, but an entire system built around the rich make the goods and the poor paupers sell the components to them is NOT something I'm going to praise Gaia for. I'm willing to sacrifice the profit from cache and case making if it means people will be able to make all the recipes and have fun with the system and who's to say that if some of those crazy recipes became easier to do, you couldn't make profit from them too? You want to keep it the same to protect your current earning style because it's easy and profitable and to hell with the rest of the broken system, ridiculous requirements for anything other than those couple recipes, and nothing readily available and inviting you to use it other than trash. Who are the ones who want it to be easy again?

read up up up ^^

What about it? You don't think it's only for a small percentage and it's not broken... because you can make caches and cases and profit? That's exactly what I talked about in my post, why that isn't true. Hell if they wanted to make those boxes for people to profit from they didn't need a whole new system for that, they could have added it to the existing exchanges. Again you guys are laser-focussed on those random boxes and just "eh" about all the rest of the recipes they made to make up the entire alchemy system.

Also no one in this thread has said "we deserve wings for being an old user" no one has said "we all deserve wings for free" O_o. I see people keep reading what we say and then saying.. "So you want the wings free in your inventory?" and I feel like pulling my hair going NO did you not READ what we said? Other people keep putting words in our mouthes it's like you guys can't fathom anything other than impossible backwings or super-easy-item-grant-1g-click-here-backwings. You're reading what we say and taking it way to the far end of the spectrum. We want in the middle of those two. How many times do people in here have to say it?

Fluffy Bunny

20,325 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Fearsome 200
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Avant Garde 200
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Divine 500
Poshul
You don't sound like you've looked through the ATA's going from alchemy's start because people have been in there every time asking and suggesting for fixes to alchemy and often get passed over, or they get the generic "Sorry we're looking into it". I'm so tired of drama, there's always things to complain about, you people will never be happy. Yes I've heard those all before and I just roll my eyes at them now because it's just dimissive "I don't care so you shouldn't either" type language. If that's how you feel, I don't know why you're in this thread in the first place.

yes but do you think gaia should come up to a quick fix instead of investing time to get the 'right fixes'. if gaia screw up with changes people will b***h about it even more. and im here bc i want to voice out my opinion on this. clearly alchemy has been bashed down to pieces. i simply want to enlighten that cheer up hey! there is many other things you can worry about other than the alchemy wings! not only that, alchemy can be good for some people! alot of people can now do something about the trash piling up their inventories and the loot they have been getting in zomg etc etc.

so the answer to everything is. BIG. BOOTY. BITCHES. rofl

Mysterious Trickster

Sasune

DJ Helsing is a PR man. I'll take what he says with a grain of salt.

Ice-Cold Angel

34,125 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100
  • Pie For All! 300
Kain-Senpai
Sasune

He told me he does much more than that. He's been here since 2006 and came up with Dumpster Dive, and video gaia cash offers. He might have done other things but I didn't have time to ask him.

Mysterious Trickster

Sasune
Kain-Senpai
Sasune

He told me he does much more than that. He's been here since 2006 and came up with Dumpster Dive, and video gaia cash offers. He might have done other things but I didn't have time to ask him.

That's cool. But he'll always be a PR man to me.

Ice-Cold Angel

34,125 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100
  • Pie For All! 300
Flying Dicks
GeryKo

First of all i didnt said alchemy dont need tweeking yes it can be done many many things to it like better odds for example, or removing the fish and zomg items from caches craftings but still i do not agree it is a broken future, i do not agree it is for only 3% of gaians and i do not agree that having been first to craft something have to be granted only becouse you are old user... i am old user too and i dont expect to be granted with free items for that
I only want to say that if more ppl were doing alchemy there would be more items in the market and your crafting work would have been cheaper and easyer.... and yes there are few thing that can be tweeked

I NEVER said I wanted it just because I was old. I said old users, like myself, are excluded mostly by this feature.

Also, GAIA THEMSELVES has stated its for 3% of users.
I have a high suspicion that either A- you are trolling or B- you came from some other forum and have no clue what you're talking about.

You say "alchemy is a gold sink" and dont listen to what people say in reply. Then in the next breath you say deflation wont happen. DEFLATION IS THE POINT OF GOLD SINKS.

Inflation = more gold is in the system = gold is worth less = things cost more = BAD
Deflation = less gold is in the system = gold is worth more = things cost more = GOOD

A gold sink is a feature that REMOVES GOLD from the system. For example, the gold shops. When you buy an item at the gold shops, that gold is DESTROYED. It no longer exists.

Alchemy only sinks a small amount of gold via creation fees. What it DOES destroy however, are items. Items with finite amounts in circulation. This is bad. It creates artificial value in some items and has in fact exhausted supplies of some others, already. Given Gaia's maintenance record, no, I don't trust them to monitor the items destruction and reseed them through the economy.

This topic wasn't dead before you came along, and I wont let it die, not for a while anyways. I am sorry you view this as "whining" but it is FEEDBACK and it is welcome here, in the site FEEDBACK forum, in case you forgot what you clicked on. Until I either become convinced Gaia doesn't care, and wont change the feature, or they actually change it- I'll keep this up.
Seeing as how Gaia is making small changes to the drop rates, I think it would be better to wait a year before attempting to level up past level 3 in alchemy. I'd really like for them to give equal drop rates to everything but that won't happen right away. DJ Helsing said some rare things should stay rare, so we will probably never see equal drop rates.

Tipsy Smoker

Empress Boa
Chahklet
Empress Boa
Razumi Yazura
Have I said once that they're not progressing at all? No. I haven't. I'm just giving another point of view.
I agree with you on that part, but I still feel that it was uncalled for to call someone a hypocrite for simply giving different input. Or at least, perhaps we even see things in a similar light, but at a different angle. Like I said, there is nothing wrong with petitions and I will continue to support the ones I have been supporting. Just that this isn't a solution to the current topic. Deal?

im sorry for calling you hypocrite. but i just wish people who do get involved in alchemy and making money, can support gaia in a way to thank them. because clearly it is helping alot of people too but no one tends to voice it out or recognize it. I really believe its the easiest way to make gold right now. as much as i wish the wings werent that rare, and i could have it easily, i cant change the fact that they are rare. so i will wait for alternatives or just try to concentrate on other quest items. i dont wanna worry about wings, theres other wings i could use right now. Im just thankful i got gold through alchemy to buy other items i want blaugh
I'm glad you think about yourself. :/

you dont quite understand it bc ur not in my position, yes i make gold for myself but most of all, poor people benefit from it the most. think of all people who do pick up trash, zomg loots, andfishing, its quite a reward for them too. a good way to earn gold for quests etc. so if you think im doing alchemy solely to help myself out, then ur wrong. bc ive helped so many of my friends gain some gold too. i buy alot of vg loot from friends, and fishes and trash as well 3nodding

So if you're so damn happy and grateful, what's wrong with others wanting the same? You know, it's not everyone's goal to be rich or quest. Some people just want to chat in the forums and leisurely dress their avatar. Not spend hours making caches for fake wealth. Though Alchemy IS a questing system. You're supposed to move up in ranks to be able to make great new items which can be introduced in the marketplace so the rich and poor will have a shot at earning them. As it stands, it only benefits people who want to remain stuck at a certain level and earn gold, not make the new and cool items that are introduced through alchemy. So it is selfish of you to think that since YOU and those like you are satisfied that no changes should be made to satisfy others...If it doesn't effect you and you are happy then why come in here and argue against changes to make others happy and more involved? Sounds selfish to me. :/

bbetularia's Husband

Naughty Nymph

20,700 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Magical Girl 50
Empress Boa
Poshul

yes but do you think gaia should come up to a quick fix instead of investing time to get the 'right fixes'. if gaia screw up with changes people will b***h about it even more. and im here bc i want to voice out my opinion on this. clearly alchemy has been bashed down to pieces. i simply want to enlighten that cheer up hey! there is many other things you can worry about other than the alchemy wings! not only that, alchemy can be good for some people! alot of people can now do something about the trash piling up their inventories and the loot they have been getting in zomg etc etc.

so the answer to everything is. BIG. BOOTY. BITCHES. rofl

Gaia has had almost a whole damn year to make the "right fixes." All they've given us are band-aids over the gaping, festering wound that is Alchemy. Still, at least those quick fixes are SOMETHING. Not even remotely enough, but something. Giving feedback regarding a feature that was implemented extremely poorly is not the same as bitching. Many of us want alchemy to work, but it's just not going to happen unless the Alchemy team finally gives up on their "my precious creation is flawless" mentality.

You continuously bring up the backwings and the cases/caches as if they are the only things you can craft in Alchemy. News flash: THEY AREN'T. I personally don't give a flying ******** about the wings. I had my heart set on being able to craft a Pale Marionette, but, like the backwings, the effort needed to create them is nowhere near worth it. So, wrap your mind around the concept of Alchemy not being just about backwings and caches because, at this point, you're just regurgitating the same thing over and over again.

Although with your last statement, I'm all but certain you're just trolling.

Cool Cleric's Queen

Divine Healer

32,040 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Object of Affection 150
From what I have been reading I see a lot of trolling [kinda I guess] and a lot of people talking about only THREE things: caches, cases and wings.

When I first started looking at alchemy, I did not even KNOW wings were introduced to the system, I was all too stoked about the awesome looking items like the rose porridge hair and the flowing princess chestnut locks. But I have yet to know what it takes to make the porridge locks, BUT I do know that the princess locks costs WAY too much to produce vs buying it from another person. Also the fact that components are SO rare it makes you want to rip your hair out.

Also wanted to make Mintamella, but GUESS WHAT? It's a rare formula in the case emotion_donotwant that requires a RARE component. Also, I should not have to spend 2.8m on a SINGLE CHERUB FEATHER JUST TO MAKE A DIFFERENT TONE OF SKIN FOR ANGEL IMP POTION.

Some of the people here are not understanding it is not the fact we got screwed over with the wings, but the fact that alchemy IS BROKEN. Outright BROKEN. Components are almost non existent, some components REQUIRE TO BE MADE FROM A FORMULA THAT REQUIRES MORE COMPONENTS THAT ARE RARE. Items that were once considered cheap fail items from CIs are now sky rocketing in price because some of these formula's require mass numbers of said fail items making them outrageous in price.

Wings is only a small portion of what is making people pissed off about alchemy.
Empress Boa
tl;dp

Heres a prime example for you, Empress, of why people are so pissed off at alchemy. I just got a brown box and when I opened it there was Formula 1: Topiary Wig. Ok, so level on...this is doable correct?

Components are:

10 Idiot hair

10 Turf

10 Idiot hair at 80 k each is 800,000
10 Turf at 60k each is 600,000
for all you mathtards like me out there the total is 1,400,000 plus and additional 1k to craft. Now while the chance for success is very high, it still costs almost 1.5 mil to craft a LEVEL ONE formula.

And these people that are making gold by opening cashes and cases, I dont know how. I have 4 rare components in my shop that have been there for 2 weeks because people keep under pricing me and the average buy price by thousands because they are desperate to make back the gold they feel they wasted. I dont know how people can have lives and make a few million in a week here either. This whole thing is a hot mess. Ive given up on crafting anything now and am just focusing my attention to creating alchemy bundles for people that have hope left. I think Im earning maybe 2k a week from that. So PLEASE tell me your lovely little secret for earning tons of gold here cause I just dont get it.

Edit: to bold a key sentence

Dapper Noob

5,850 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Elocutionist 200
Camass
Empress Boa
tl;dp

Heres a prime example for you, Empress, of why people are so pissed off at alchemy. I just got a brown box and when I opened it there was Formula 1: Topiary Wig. Ok, so level on...this is doable correct?

Components are:

10 Idiot hair

10 Turf

10 Idiot hair at 80 k each is 800,000
10 Turf at 60k each is 600,000
for all you mathtards like me out there the total is 1,400,000 plus and additional 1k to craft. Now while the chance for success is very high, it still costs almost 1.5 mil to craft a LEVEL ONE formula.

And these people that are making gold by opening cashes and cases, I dont know how. I have 4 rare components in my shop that have been there for 2 weeks because people keep under pricing me and the average buy price by thousands because they are desperate to make back the gold they feel they wasted. I dont know how people can have lives and make a few million in a week here either. This whole thing is a hot mess. Ive given up on crafting anything now and am just focusing my attention to creating alchemy bundles for people that have hope left. I think Im earning maybe 2k a week from that. So PLEASE tell me your lovely little secret for earning tons of gold here cause I just dont get it.

Gather trash/flowers + sell them to people making the pink boxes and whatever else asks for them = profit.

*only spends a few hours in Towns each day but manages to make at least 50k off gathered crap*

Profitability is slowly going down though...ah well...hopefully my B/C shop will be up by the time they tank...I hate Booty Grabbing... xp

Fluffy Bunny

20,325 Points
Chahklet

So if you're so damn happy and grateful, what's wrong with others wanting the same? You know, it's not everyone's goal to be rich or quest. Some people just want to chat in the forums and leisurely dress their avatar. Not spend hours making caches for fake wealth. Though Alchemy IS a questing system. You're supposed to move up in ranks to be able to make great new items which can be introduced in the marketplace so the rich and poor will have a shot at earning them. As it stands, it only benefits people who want to remain stuck at a certain level and earn gold, not make the new and cool items that are introduced through alchemy. So it is selfish of you to think that since YOU and those like you are satisfied that no changes should be made to satisfy others...If it doesn't effect you and you are happy then why come in here and argue against changes to make others happy and more involved? Sounds selfish to me. :/

you are wrong. I wasnt saying they shouldnt change it DERP. can you read alot of my posts pls. I do like to have some changes too. I would love to be able to quest for wings someday. It's not about that. it's about having to say that alchemy isnt all that bad. though u all get butt hurt from not having these wings, there are people who just concentrate on other things. Like you said, people just want to have fun in site, so why do people concentrate in this aspect of gaia. theres so much to do. if u cant have something oh well. find alternatives. ye? so its selfish to finally realize that people who ACTUALLY play gaia aka fishing, zomging and going to towns are making gold for what theyre doing is true right? bc that's where ur getting at. to be honest the gold i make in alchemy i recycle to make even more components. so you have no room to say im selfish.

Fluffy Bunny

20,325 Points
Camass

theres so many other level 1 formulas you can craft. why even craft that? to get the item? do you really want it that bad? bc you can craft alot of things without spending so much gold. I use the gold i get from making caches into making more caches. most components are going down. most people want components cheap. THEN there's people who want their components to sell for higher price. such as you right? If not, why dont u sell ur Rare components cheaper so it sells faster instead. if you're getting into alchemy expect all components to get cheaper bc people complaining everything so expensive, and theyre making it cheaper more available. Now here comes people who have 'rare' components who cant seem to sell their components at a high price. SEE there's always problems. people. always. complain. man i should not pay attention to all these people in this thread. its just all NAG NAG NAG rofl

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff