Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shameless Giver

10,800 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
I'm not.I agree with their POV of being sick of the rich corporations. Who do they think they are? Making decent money through savvy business choices,employing thousands of people.... What about me? Wheres my slice of the pie? It's not fair. Also, I hate when people call the OWS protesters uncivilized trust fund kids who've probably never had an honest days work in their life and have total disregard for human decency and respect. These are great people, with a great cause. I'd say, this may be the most peaceful, productive, civil protest we've had in quite some time.

Discuss?
Tired of the OWS?
Happy with how it's going?
Pros?
Cons?
emotion_awesome mrgreen

edit://
By now you should know that I was poking fun at the OWS in my OP. I don't actually hold the opinion that I stated. Just being like Steven Colbert.Okay. If you got the opportunity to be a fat-cat in a corporation, would you take that job? Assuming you hate "the man", "the corps", "all hail Che Guevara"......If you had the chance to be the 1%, would you take that chance? Whether you loathe the 1% or not?

******** A I'd take that chance! Can you honestly say you wouldn't want to be part of the 1%? Cushy life. Perks. Power? Sounds kind of awesome if you ask me.

7,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
I'm tired of these threads.

4,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Statustician 100
No but I'm tired of ******** trolls.

Shameless Giver

10,800 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
Camera Stellata
I'm tired of these threads.

So you go to a type of thread that you are tired of, and go through the trouble of posting that you are tired of threads such as those? Why?

Shameless Giver

10,800 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
Revolutionary Justice

So you got that this was a joke thread question Not really intended to be trollerific, just wanted to know if there was anybody on here that was against it. My parents are biased as hell with the hating it, because they watch Fox News sweatdrop So I don't really hear much about the possible pros of the OWS. Care to share?

Fanatical Zealot

Well obviously.

Get a goal and strive for it, you hippies! scream

Who do they think they are, arbitrarily blocking the streets and forcing police officers out to disperse their crowds despite lacking a central message?

Not only do their demonstrations have nothing to do with anything, even if they could somehow have some kind of relevance, there is no central idea behind it for it to relate to in the first place.

In any case, I find blocking the streets and sidewalks pretty deplorable.

So if they are protesting that, they need to wisen up.

Obviously they aren't though; so why stand in the street and randomly block traffic?

Not only will it not help your cause, almost get you killed, and possibly get you arrested and most certainly tear gassed, but it also makes you look bad; these people are dumb in any case. :/

4,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Statustician 100
Love Muffin88
Revolutionary Justice

So you got that this was a joke thread question Not really intended to be trollerific, just wanted to know if there was anybody on here that was against it. My parents are biased as hell with the hating it, because they watch Fox News sweatdrop So I don't really hear much about the possible pros of the OWS. Care to share?
They are protesting corporations buying our politicians, the continuing rise of inequality in our country, and things like that. Don't watch FOX News, especially their coverage of anything that isn't even slightly neo-conservative.

4,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Statustician 100
Suicidesoldier#1
Well obviously.

Who do they think they are, arbitrarily blocking the streets and forcing police officers out to disperse their crowds despite lacking a central message?

Not only do their demonstrations have nothing to do with anything, even if they could somehow have some kind of relevance, there is no central idea behind it for it to relate to in the first place.

Obviously they aren't though; so why stand in the street and randomly block traffic?

Not only will it not help your cause, almost get you killed, and possibly get you arrested and most certainly tear gassed, but it also makes you look bad; these people are dumb in any case. :/
rolleyes

Fanatical Zealot

Revolutionary Justice
Suicidesoldier#1
Well obviously.

rolleyes

It's true though.

They could achieve greatness if they knew what to protest, with that kind of energy and no job or basic restrictions, think of all they could have accomplished!

4,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Statustician 100
Suicidesoldier#1
Revolutionary Justice
Suicidesoldier#1
Well obviously.

rolleyes

It's true though.

They could achieve greatness if they knew what to protest, with that kind of energy and no job or basic restrictions, think of all they could have accomplished!

Again rolleyes

Shameless Giver

10,800 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
Suicidesoldier#1
Well obviously.

Were you being facetious like me in the OP sweatdrop If not, I agree. I also think the OWS is the type of thing that perpetuates the stereotype that the Y Generation mainly consist of pompous, , pretentious, elder blaming, narcissistic, money hungry SOBs who likey da money, but no likey da worky.

I know. I'm from this generation. More often than not, I see someone my age be highly ungrateful for what they have, and hate the rich because they can often afford things that they with they could buy. Which sews the seed of how they don't think others have a right to have what they don't have, and wish they could have. It makes me very happy when I see another person in their 20's not ONLY looking out for #1, but giving a general considerate ******** about humanity.
I swear the essence of the OWS movement is to rid corporate influence on government ( See: Bailout ).

Shameless Giver

10,800 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
Revolutionary Justice
Love Muffin88
Revolutionary Justice

They are protesting corporations buying our politicians, the continuing rise of inequality in our country, and things like that. Don't watch FOX News, especially their coverage of anything that isn't even slightly neo-conservative.

This is true to an extent sir. But "corporations" are not an Omnipotent being like Cthulhu. Corporations are mansions that employee workers. Each worker makes money, some to a higher degree than others.Each worker has a family whom they spend their money that they earn at the mansion, on. Vandalizing the places where these people work, and being a general menace to people who need to go about their day to day is no way to get your message across. All the fat cats are going to do, is shake their heads in disqust at the s**t in the streets, and garbage littered everywhere. THAT is what the Fatcats will see. They won't notice the ones actually being peaceful and having a real meaning.

Shameless Giver

10,800 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
Oxymouse
I swear the essence of the OWS movement is to rid corporate influence on government ( See: Bailout ).

I thought it was about hating on the rich, because they can afford to spend money on things that the "99%" may not be able to? In all honesty, I didn't have a clue what the OWS was about. And thought their poster was a bit ironic: "Whats our one demand?" That's what I would like to know. I think it may have been intended to be about what you talked about......originally. Now this thing has become some kind of patchouli smelling monster.
Love Muffin88
Oxymouse

I thought it was about hating on the rich, because they can afford to spend money on things that the "99%" may not be able to? In all honesty, I didn't have a clue what the OWS was about. And thought their poster was a bit ironic: "Whats our one demand?" That's what I would like to know. I think it may have been intended to be about what you talked about......originally. Now this thing has become some kind of patchouli smelling monster.

The movement is in protest of the obvious favor our political system gives to a very specific percentage of our population, in return for money. This segment is insanely rich, to the point of incomprehension, and has done little to nothing to earn any of that money. Yet they exert an incredible amount of influence to better their lives even further at the expense of practically everyone else - who just so happen to be beneath them.

The goals of the movement are fairly easy to find if you take 10 seconds and know how to use Google. The fact that it isn't an astroturfed movement with it's own news channel makes it look more directionless and disorganized than it is. If you follow them on Facebook and Twitter you'll notice a lot more cohesive planning. There's also no clear leader(s), which makes decapitating the movement impossible, so they're painted as unemployed hippies, even though most of the protesters (somewhere around 70%) are in fact employed, and a surprising number of unemployed ones are people with degrees in Engineering and Biology, who still can't find work because our economy sucks. Namely due to the aforementioned tip-top people getting all the goodies.

Also, student loans and rising tuition are strangling our generation to fiscal death before we even have a chance to try.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff