Welcome to Gaia! ::

Omnipresent Phantom

10,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Junior 100
        This is a private roleplay between Neme-Goddess-of-Death and myself.
        You can look, but do not touch.

Omnipresent Phantom

10,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Junior 100
User Image

Places

Caeniceth-
      The Realm•

Strayer-
      The Capitol, Current residence•
      of The Ballastern Family

Le'Mont-
      Residence of The Merridan Family•
      and The Wayward Family.

The Blue Wood-
      Residence of The Ó Scolaidhe Family.•

Leofwin-
      Residence of The Feofan Family.•

Graymore-
      Residence of The Wulfric Family. •
      On the Western Coast.

Dingfutzer-
      Original residence of The Ballastern Family.•

Shrewrose Road-
      The road from L'liath Crossing to Dingfutzer.•

Shaezilri Road-
      The road from L'liath Crossing to Eaglecrest Pass.•

Trader's Pass Road-
      The road from Graymore to L'liath Crossing.•

Feler Road-
      The road from Le'Mont to Strayer, •
      passes through The Blue Wood.

Halwick Road-
      The road from Strayer to L'liath Crossing•

L'liath Crossing-
      The center hub of almost all roads in Caeniceth.•

Eaglecrest Pass-
      The only road through the •
      Godwine Mountains to Leofwin.

Temür Sea-
      Makes up Caeniceth's Western border.•

Friendly Dabbler

The Families, Their Sigils, and Their Ties

The Ballastern Family

Sigil- The Stag
                    Words- Superiority, Cooperation, Discipline
                    Residency- Strayer (the capitol)
                    Members-
                    Alastair Ballastern (the king)
                    Gwendolyn Merridan-Ballastern (the queen, Alastair's wife)
                    Jocelyn Ballastern (the princess, Alastair's younger sister)

The Merridan Family

Sigil- The Crow
                    Words- Opulence, Control, Duty
                    Residency- Le'Mont
                    Members-
                    Joseph Merridan (Lord, Gwendolyn's brother)
                    Gwendolyn Merridan-Ballastern (the queen, Alastair's wife)

The Wayward Family
                    Sigil- None
                    Words- None
                    Residency- Le'Mont
                    Members-
                    William Wayward (father)
                    Elena Wayward (mother)
                    Fendrel Wayward (married to Treasa)
                    Maudaine Wayward (daughter of Treasa and Fendrel)

The Ó Scolaidhe Family
                    Sigil- The Blue Tree
                    Words- Magic, Independence, Goddess
                    Residency- The Blue Wood
                    Members-
                    Maudaine Ó Scolaidhe (aka Lady Black, mother, deceased made ya think)
                    Treasa Ó Scolaidhe (aka Lady White, married to Fendrel)
                    Maudaine Wayward (daughter of Treasa and Fendrel)

The Feofan Family
                    Sigil- The Hound
                    Words- Liberty, Honor, Light
                    Residency- Leofwin
                    Members-
                    Davor Feofan (Lord of Leofwin, father of Narcissa and Marcus)
                    Ema Feofan (Lady of Leofwin, mother of Narcissa and Marcus)
                    Marcus Feofan (Narcissa's brother)
                    Narcissa Feofan-Wulfric (Marcus's sister, married to Nathaniel)

The Wulfric Family

Sigil- The Dragon
                    Words- Courage, Commitment, Honor
                    Residency- Graymore
                    Members-
                    Cavan Wulfric (Lord of Graymore, Nathaniel's father)
                    Sive Wulfric (Lady of Graymore, Cavan's wife)
                    Nathaniel Wulfric (married to Narcissa)
                    Connor Wulfric (Nathaniel's brother)
                    Ardal Wulfric (Nathaniel's brother)
                    Maeve Wulfric (Nathaniel's sister)
                    Neasa Wulfric (Nathaniel's sister)
                    Elissa Wulfric (Daughter of Nathaniel and Narcissa)
                    Catelyn Wulfric (Daughter of Nathaniel and Narcissa)

Extras
                    Rhiandra (prostitute)
                    •Garsea (chambermaid in the king's castle)
                    Baylen (aka The Gray Wizard, Treasa's father lol made ya think again)
                    •Miriam (seamstress)
                    Ayria (midwife)

Omnipresent Phantom

10,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Junior 100
User Imagexbut how do I get there?
xxxxwhat road do we choose?

xxxxWith bare feet pounding and scraping against the broken twigs of the forest floor, Fendrel didn't dare stop for breath. He had already dared to step out of his place once today, and he wasn't about to do it again only to have himself caught. Fen knew they wouldn't dare follow him too deep into the forest, for fear of the Black Witch. He himself didn't bother with the silly notions of witches, mainly because he was just a naive serf who had no place believing in such things. However, he had heard stories that made his feet a little less eager to run. This idea of slowing down was soon thrown out of consideration as he heard the sound of barking. They brought out the hounds? This was never a good sign. He would have to become more clever to get out of this situation. Still running, Fen started to feel his feet ache, as if they were regretting every step. He toyed with the notion of turning back, maybe even fighting for his life, but the thought soon lost all logic. He needed to survive to fight another day. After all, he did put his parents at risk for speaking up, and he would have to stay alive to protect them. He had no time for thought, simply action.

xxxxAgainst all better judgement, he continued to run, and after the sounds of baying hounds faded, Fendrel felt slightly more at ease. Only slightly. Slowing his pace to find some place to hide, his eyes fell upon a cottage. Freezing in place, his brown eyes locked onto the small home as he pondered. Who could possibly live there? And to add, who would want to live in a forest of all places, alone and in the dark with wild creatures. Then a thought trickled into his mind. Could it be that this was the home of the Black Witch? He didn't dare to tempt the thought, so instead of pushing his luck Fen found a nice sized tree and sat at the base of it. His clothes were ragged and filthy, not just from the intense running, but just from his everyday life. Fen took a deep breath, his exhaustion finally catching him, and he began to examine his feet. They didn't look too horrible. They were a little blistered and bloody from the cuts and scrapes he had achieved while fleeing, but it wasn't anything he couldn't recover from. Next to himself he placed the pike he had stolen before he had fled, and he sighed as he noticed how worn it looked. It wouldn't do him too much good if it came down to a real battle, but maybe it just might work for defense. Sighing again, he rested his head back on the tree behind him, saying his prayers that he wouldn't be caught, and that there really was no Black Witch.

when the season's so high for losing

Friendly Dabbler

Treasa Ó Scolaidhe

User Image

The Woman in White

◠◠◠
Inside se bnanom brictom
In eainom anuana sanander

◡◡◡

She could hear the sounds of the barking hounds in the distance from where she currently was bleeding the rabbit she'd caught for her dinner. They were close to her cottage. Too close, still, she knew not even the hounds would be able to get into her clearing. Dogs were smart, but they were spiritually dull and lacked any kind of magic. So she took her time, though she did pull up the hood of her white cloak to hide her face. She always hid her face from people from outside the woods. She continued her work with her rabbit, then got up and started to head back for her cottage. It was a quaint little thing with a straw roof, barely big enough to house the two people that'd lived there, though now it was down to just her, and had been for some twenty years. It had her mother's old cast iron cauldron out front held above a fire pit. There was a totally separate fire pit where she did her cooking, a rack where she treated animal furs among other things, little plots of herbs or flowers here and there, but her favorite was the row of flowers that ran all the way around the base of the cottage, full of blue and red poppies and pansies. They seemed to be her favorite.

When she started making her way back, the hounds were long gone. Whatever they were searching for they either had, or was deep into her domain where even the dogs knew better to go. She sang as she walked. She wasn't like her mother. The villagers and the nobles hadn't made her cold to the world. She appreciated the things that surrounded her. "After, the cold darkness, in the heart of the forest. Where birds are singing, for the new born sun, In the womb of the leaves, on the branches of the trees, lies the treasure of the morning, the pearls of light... Carried away by the truculence of my world, I got lost in the search for enlightenment, The blue rain covered my roots and I forgot where I came from... Carried away by the truculence of my world, I got lost in the search for enlightenment, The blue rain covered my roots and I forgot where I came from..." Occasionally, she needed to hear the sound of her own voice. Sometimes, she went so long without talking to even the animals that she forgot what she sounded like.

Her song ended about the time she came upon her clearing, and she saw something just outside it, leaned against a tree. Something blond. Who in their right mind would actually come this deep into the woods? Then it dawned on her, that person must have been what the hounds had been after. She flitted through the clearing and into the cottage, the only thing giving her away being the door as it opened and closed, and sooner than later, she was upon him, one of her daggers grasped in her hand. "Who are you, and what are you doing here, and how did you get inside my barriers?" He was, in fact, just barely inside her barriers, only by about three feet, she contained some of the treeline in her barriers to hide the cottage and clearing.

Erim tertio lissatim
Is anandogna ictontias

Omnipresent Phantom

10,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Junior 100

xxxxFendrel inhaled a deep breath of air, so deep that it nearly burned his lungs. But the burning sensation did not matter. He knew how precious air was, especially if his prayers had not been answered and there was a witch. His ignorance of knowledge involving witches was the only thing making him nervous. To be honest, he barely knew a thing about them. Then again, there were so many versions of stories that he hardly knew what to believe. Were they ugly and warty or beautiful? Did they turn people into frogs or control everything, even the very air around them? He did not know, and that put him on edge, and an even better question was, if a witch did live in the cottage before him, how powerful was she? Surely the hounds would not have fled unless in fear, or if some serious magick had made them. Or, if his positive thinking was right, maybe the forest had spooked them, and there was no witch at all. Realising that his thoughts were tearing him apart, Fen cleared his mind as he attempted to relax.

xxxxRelaxing was no longer an option, however, as Fendrel heard the cottage door open and close. Looking over to the small home, he saw no one, and it made him feel paranoid. Had he just imagined the door swinging open and shutting? Doubtful, for Fen was not one with a wild imagination. Sitting more intently, he had been about to reach for his stolen pike when a beautiful woman with dark hair and a white cloak appeared before him. What stunned him even more than her sudden appearance was that she was armed with a dagger. And then came the questions. Fen took a deep breath of air before his lungs finally let him speak. "I am Fendrel Wayward, here to seek refuge from the angry nobles of Le'mont." To this he added a flourished smile, wondering what she would think of him now that she knew he was fugitive. As for when she asked how he passed through the barriers, the smile faded from his face as he turned and looked around with a frown. "What barriers?" he asked, not sure what she had meant. As far as he could see, there were no barriers.

Friendly Dabbler

Treasa Ó Scolaidhe

User Image

The Woman in White

◠◠◠
Inside se bnanom brictom

◡◡◡

He seemed to be having trouble catching his breath, he was definitely what the hounds had been after. Still, her barriers had sent the dogs turned the other way and running back for their masters. That was what had saved him from them. His words confirmed what she'd already deduced from the look of him, and she sheathed her dagger before pulling the hood from her head and letting it lay beneath her hair. When he asked what barriers she gave a heavy sigh as if he answered her question with something she hadn't wanted to hear. It was, in fact, something she hadn't wanted to hear. It meant that he had absolutely no magical inclination, something she'd long thought was something she would have to fix sooner or later in regards to her barriers.

She thought for a moment, then extended her hand forward to him to help him up. "Well, Fendrel Wayward, you have refuge until you're better to leave, and I assure you, you will leave, and you will never speak of this place once you do." She wasn't cruel, or bitter, she wasn't about to turn away someone in need of help, even if his complete ignorance to her barriers irked her. She was cautious, and she was skeptical. She didn't give her name, she never gave anyone her name. "You didn't feel your head swim? At all?" She looked passed him, she could see that her barriers were in place, the energy of them was still giving the look of heat waves between the trees. "No getting turned around? Nothing?" She was perplexed by it, to say the least.

Erim tertio lissatim
Is anandogna ictontias

Omnipresent Phantom

10,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Junior 100

xxxxFendrel sighed a breath of relief when the woman stored away her dagger and lowered her hood. He had been right about her being beautiful, as it was revealed when her hood was lowered, and he found himself staring in awe like a small speechless child. Being raised as a serf meant that everyone you knew was either covered in filth or rich to the bone. She seemed to be neither, for she didn't wear fine silk linens or have a haughty face. She seemed more pure than anything, and he thought himself to be older than her. Once the daze of her beauty faded, Fen brought himself back to reality. She reached her hand out to him, and a small smile curled the corners of his lips at her kind gesture. He took her slender hand lightly, for his hands were big and clumsy, coarsened over the years by farm work, and he feared he might grasp her hand too tightly.

xxxxAs the woman continued on to say that he could take refuge until he was fit to leave, he replied, "Thank you." At first when she had promised that he would leave, and that he would never speak of this place, he thought she was joking. But her face remained passive, and it occurred to him that she was serious. Fendrel began to scratch the back of his head as the woman began to ponder something, and as she asked him questions he shrugged. In answer, he replied, "Well, I did have the urge to turn around, but then I thought of my parents, and how I need to survive for them." It wasn't till after he spoke that he wondered how exactly she knew about the turning around. Then it dawned upon him. "You're a witch." He stated the words with such marvel that he was sure the woman would be wondering what state of mind he was in. Normally people feared witches... right? But still, he knew so little about them that he found it hard to be afraid. Besides, she had just agreed to help him, so who she was was not entirely important. And, she didn't seem to be the Black Witch, and if she were, they seemed to have gotten the stories wrong.

Friendly Dabbler

Treasa Ó Scolaidhe

User Image

The Woman in White

◠◠◠
Inside se bnanom brictom

◡◡◡

His will had been strong, that's what it was. She felt a little better about her barriers, but they still needed fixing. He stared stupidly when she lowered her hood, and she almost wondered if he were really as simple as he was making himself out to be. Then again, when people entered the woods, they expected her mother, not her. His hand wrapped around hers, and it seemed to nearly engulf her slender hand, which was only damaged by the heavy lye for her washing. Still, she helped him to his feet just fine, though if you could see under her skirts, it would have been fairly obvious that she'd had a hell of a time keeping her balance and that her feet spread as wide as possible while still keeping herself standing to counter his weight. When he was to his feet, she brushed her hands off on her skirts and headed for her cottage.

Then he continued with his simplicity. "Like my mother before me." She said simply as she pushed the door open, giving him a wave to follow with her other hand. The rabbit that she'd caught around the time he arrived was laying on a table by the door, among a flurry of papers and trinkets, quill and ink, mortar and pestle. Jars of herbs and bugs, some living some not, were also scattered across the table, and lined the wall to their right on shelves. There were charms and chimes hanging from the rafters. A cot on the wall across from them with a small, simple wooden nightstand that contained candle, quill, and book, and with the coming cold hand furs making up the blankets on the cot. In the corner opposite, barrels sat in a space that looked like it might've had another cot occupy it at one point, there was still another small side table there.

She pulled her cloak off from her shoulders and hung it on a peg next to her bow and quiver by the door. The arrows had different colored feathers, likely enchanted to add to the hit of them. She tossed her hair about a bit with her hands, loosening it from spending its time in the hood. "I'll get the other cot out for you after we've eaten. You should probably stay over night lest they send someone to search for you. If they're stupid enough to bring malice into my woods." Her woods. She very much considered the place hers. Every last tree.

Erim tertio lissatim
Is anandogna ictontias

Omnipresent Phantom

10,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Junior 100

xxxxAfter the woman responded to his obvious statement, Fendrel felt rather stupid. Of course she was a witch. There was no other explanation, or at least none that he could think of. Then again, she must have been able to tell from his appearance that he was just a poor, dirty serf with a low intelligence. Maybe now that he was 'free' things could change. Just maybe. He had always had a yearning for education, but his parents had warned him that the nobles did not like when their serfs became too smart. Pushing the thoughts of his poor childhood out of his mind, Fen smiled a weak smile as she began to lead into the cottage. As they entered the small home he first noted the rabbit laying on the table near the door. He did not shutter at the sight of the dead animal, for he was no stranger to killing animals for food, which was practically his profession. Instead, he wondered how such a feminine figure such as herself learned to do these tasks on her own, but instead of opening his mouth and making a fool of himself again, he guessed that her mother had taught her.

xxxxRemaining silent, Fen stood still, looking around the cottage with interest. Several things did manage to catch his interest. All the parchment and quills and books that scattered around the house made him have a new respect for the woman, for these were all items he associated with intelligence. He could also tell her independence from the bow and arrows that hung from the wall, as well as the slain rabbit on the table. Everything else he had assumed to be witchy things, mostly because he still knew nothing about witches. But, instead of asking, he would stay silent about his ignorance, and pretend that he was as smart as he was confident. When the silence was broken by the woman, Fen turned to look at her as she spoke. She was okay with his spending the night and eating her food? She was certainly very gracious. "Thank you." he repeated, truly grateful for her kindness. He would find a way to repay her, some day or another. After a brief pause for the silence, Fen asked politely, "What do I call you?" Even though he had been raised as a peasant, it didn't mean that he didn't have manners. Besides, he didn't want to have to call her 'you' or 'woman' if he needed to catch her attention.

Friendly Dabbler

Treasa Ó Scolaidhe

User Image

The Woman in White

◠◠◠
Inside se bnanom brictom

◡◡◡

After she'd settled with her hair, she grabbed up the rabbit by its hinds in one hand and the skinning knife with the other from the table. It'd been a long time since anyone asked her name, and she almost forgot what to tell him. Hell, she almost thought she might've forgotten her real name by now. "You're welcome," She said, making an attempt at a warm smile as she headed back outside with the rabbit and knife. She wasn't about to skin it in the house. She'd never get the smell out. She gave what he could call her a good amount of consideration. She certainly wasn't about to tell him her name. It was a way to call her to you, and she had no control over whether or not she answered.

"You may call me White." She said after a few more minutes as she started about the process of skinning the rabbit. It wasn't long before she was finished, she was skilled with her knives, she'd been handling them for thirty one years. Sooner than later, the rabbit was roasting over the fire pit that contained no cauldron, and she was wiping what blood had been left off her hands onto a black cloth she kept in her pocket. "So, why were you running from them?" She asked as she tossed the cloth off to the side into a bucket that was no doubt normally used to carry her wash to the stream that ran nearby, though it contained nothing but the lye and now the cloth.

Erim tertio lissatim
Is anandogna ictontias

Omnipresent Phantom

10,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Junior 100

xxxxFendrel smiled weakly as she tossed about her hair. He was still trying vainly to make light of the situation. He would continue to smile and believe that his freedom was a good thing, and that at least he made a new friend on his journey- or at least he believed her to be a friend. Why else would she help him when she herself could be put at risk? Then again, she was a witch, and not many people- besides himself- dared to face a witch. But inside, he knew his 'freedom' would cost him, especially since he had left behind those most valuable to him. No doubt, without his aid his mother's health would continue to decline, and his father would be no better off. But they had told him to leave. And as much as he wanted to stay and fight, he was not a complete idiot. He had to survive. That was the key to changing his destiny. Soon, Fen snapped back to his thoughts as she stepped out of the house with the rabbit. Feeling awkward standing in her home alone, Fen stepped out as well, following her like a mute dog.

xxxxWhen she finally answered him about what to call her, a flicker of a smile went past his lips. He couldn't help it though. He really hoped that White wasn't her real name, because then he would feel bad for her. He always thought he had a bad name- Fendrel to him sounded feminine depending on how it was said, so he preferred to be called Fen, and Wayward was such a horrible last name. It made people less than likely to trust him, because they assumed that his last name made him a shady person. Fen watched in silence as White used her knife to skin the rabbit. Such skill! It was amazing the amounts of knowledge this woman had. And once again, he had gained respect for her. Perhaps she too had been raised to learn this knowledge, such as he knew how to farm, harvest, and prepare the foods he ate. Watching the rabbit cook over the fire, Fen realized she had asked him a question, and answered, "I stepped out of my place. I needed more money for my sick mother, and there is no more crop to sell." His voice held a hint of sadness, most held back. Fen didn't want this woman's pity- she already had to deal with enough, since he was staying with her and eating her food. Deciding to change the subject, he asked, "How long have you lived alone?" White had so much skill, and he wondered if she had lived alone for only a short amount of time.

Friendly Dabbler

Treasa Ó Scolaidhe

User Image

The Woman in White

◠◠◠
Inside se bnanom brictom

◡◡◡

She was sitting there by the fire the rabbit cooked on, poking at the fire with a stick as she waited for him to answer her. Sick mother? That was no good. "Counting only the years without my mother, because you ask for alone, I've been living here twenty four years. I was born out here, though. My mother came to this place when she still carried me." She tossed the stick into the fire. "She was cast out when medicine as you know it came about. They had no use for a healer anymore..." She kept her eyes on the rabbit as though if she didn't watch it it was going to spring back to life and hop off. "It made her bitter. She died with her magic turned black." The way she said it said it wasn't a good thing.

"Come here." She said as she got up and moved to the fire pit that contained a cauldron as tall as her waist. It was old, likely inherited from her mother like just about everything else she had. She wrapped her hands around the lip of the cauldron, and it filled with water! Water so clear it cast her reflection against the black bottom of it. She crouched so that her lips were level with the mouth of the cauldron, and she gave a faint whisper that echoed through the clearing, though the words were vague and less than understood to him, it was obviously arcane in nature, and the water started to shimmer as she pulled her hands away from the cauldron. "Spit in the water, it'll show us your family. I assume you want to check on them?"

Erim tertio lissatim
Is anandogna ictontias

Omnipresent Phantom

10,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Junior 100

xxxxFendrel couldn't help but stare blankly at White as she said she had lived alone for twenty four years. How old had that made her when her mother died? It couldn't be possible. That meant that she was older than him, although she did not seem to be a day over twenty six. But her mother couldn't have possibly left when she was two, for then she wouldn't have had all the training she had. This woman knew so much, and she couldn't have possibly learned it all during infancy! But still, Fen kept his mouth shut, not wanting to be rude to her. She probably thought him to be older than thirty, only because of the hard labor he had spent his life doing made him seem that way. Fen was tempted to ask how she had survived without her mother's guidance, but again he stayed silent, feeling that if she wanted him to know that she would have told him by now. Falling out of his deep thought, he watched as White prodded the fire with a stick. He was surprised when she commanded him to follow her to her cauldron, but he did so obediently.

xxxxWith awe and fascination lighting his face, Fen watched as White made the water appear in the cauldron. The water looked so clean and crisp that he was almost tempted to drink it, but he kept his urge at bay as he continued to watch. She lowered her lips and started to utter obscure words, and it truly fascinated him. Once again he could be seen as just a large clumsy child with how lit his eyes were. His mesmerization with the water was broken when White spoke to him. Doing as told, Fen leaned over the cauldron and spit into it, his eagerness overwhelming him. He was going to experience magick firsthand! As an image began to appear on the shimmering water, Fen lowered his own breathing to a dull hush as he waited in anticipation. Before long the image became clear, and he could see inside his little hovel, where he could see a figure in bed with someone at their side. His mother was a deathly pale, laying almost lifelessly on the bed of straw, with his father holding her hand desperately clutched to his chest. He had known she wouldn't have lasted long without medicine, but actually seeing it happen was almost too much to bear. He wanted to shake the cauldron till it showed him another image, a happier one, but he was sure it did not work that way. Instead he remained silent as he continued to watch, and he noticed that his mother's chest was still heaving, and she was still alive. And now that he was watching closer, he noticed his father was praying.

xxxxStill saying nothing about what he had just seen, Fendrel took a step back from the cauldron, and once again tried to remain positive. At least his mother was still alive, and he had survived the hunt. These were both good things. However, Fen really didn't want to talk about what he had seen, in fear that the negative thoughts would loom over him like a dark shadow. So instead, he asked, "Will you need any help with supper?" Even though she had lived alone for all those years and had managed to cook for herself just fine, Fen felt it would be rude not to offer his help, especially since he was skilled with cooking and he would be eating with her as well. Besides, at home he was the one who cooked meals for his parents, because his mother wasn't really up to the task anymore. He needed something to take his mind off of his worries, which included the angry noble going after his parents because of his rebellion. That would be the last thing he needed. He needed to focus on the moment, and survive, maybe even enjoy his time here so his mind wouldn't be a mess of dark clouds.

Friendly Dabbler

Treasa Ó Scolaidhe

User Image

The Woman in White

◠◠◠
Inside se bnanom brictom

◡◡◡

She liked what they saw about as much as he did. She wished there was something she could do, but there was nothing she could from here. Not only that, but she wasn't about to go to village and put herself in danger. Nor was she about to toy with fate. Maybe if she were less sick, she might have been able to do something, but death already had his claim on the poor woman, she waved a hand over the cauldron and gave another whisper like the one before, and the water boiled rapidly away until there wasn't a drop left. She turned away from the cauldron and patted a hand against his back firmly.

"Yeah, sure." She said, knowing he was likely changing the subject because he didn't want to talk about what they'd just seen. To be honest, she didn't either. She especially didn't know what she should say, she wasn't exactly the best with social situations. "In the cupboards above the table there should be a loaf of bread, and in the barrels in the corner should be water, and from the look of you, I'd say you could use a pint... There's ale in the barrel in the far back. Flagons with the bread in the cupboard. Feel free to sift through the shelves and the cupboard for something you think might be good to go with the rabbit. I usually don't do much besides the animal, but I've company tonight, so why not?"

First off, how did she bake bread without an oven? Secondly, how did she get a hold of ale? Best not to ask her. She'd give the likely story of going to town with the cart that was sitting behind the cottage. Well, it was how she got the ale, and it was how she transported the water from the stream to the house, but she had her own ways with the bread. She did go to town, it just wasn't often, once about every six months or so, and she always had her hood hiding her face, and she was never referred to as anything besides "Miss White."

((Sorry took so long. I got to banhammer someone outta one of my other threads.))

Erim tertio lissatim
Is anandogna ictontias

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas