Welcome to Gaia! ::

My best friend is deaf, he even is teaching me sign language smile

Wheezing Kitten

26,865 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
Deaf people are still people and they should be treated with respect like everyone else.
I am deaf in one ear and it affects my speech. But I do agree with the gaian above me that all deaf and hearing impaired people should be treated with the same respect as others.

Sexy Turtle

VeganWiccan
I am deaf in one ear and it affects my speech. But I do agree with the gaian above me that all deaf and hearing impaired people should be treated with the same respect as others.

Agreed. Most people thinks that we are weak but they are wrong. There is a lot of Deaf people like us have a good life with things we do, we are not lazy. It is only the people who had a very bad education most likely to be lazy and depend on our taxes.User Image

Fashionable Bloodsucker

7,150 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Signature Look 250
they're pretty cool people, befriended a few. They are just like everyone else, no different in my eyes.

Invisible Humorist

PKMN Norge
I'm sort of indifferent to deaf people like I am with every other person/disabled person.
My cousin is half deaf and refuses to wear his hearing aids.
He's still my favorite cousin and we talk endlessly about numerous things but it can get a little annoying repeating myself a lot...

I thought I would share this oneshot.
It's a manga that is about a deaf girl and how people bullied her in school and such.
It's more about bullying but meh I thought it was a little relevant.

i read that
honestly..the way bullying is depicted in japan seems...idk how to say it
Black Lust Perfume
VeganWiccan

Agreed. Most people thinks that we are weak but they are wrong. There is a lot of Deaf people like us have a good life with things we do, we are not lazy. It is only the people who had a very bad education most likely to be lazy and depend on our taxes.User Image

Yeah, that gets on my nerves !! I've been made fun of my speech since I was in elementary school. I took speech therapy classes since pre k-10th grade. I still can't pronounce some words and the letter R, Of course, there's deaf people that lives full, enriched lives. I am trying to get into nursing classes. I had a job in a grocery store but two grown women made fun of my speech so I quit. stare

We're people too, just can't hear! And yeah, there's non deaf people who abuse the system more than deaf people !! At least most of us try to get an education and trying to make a life out of what we can.

Sexy Turtle

VeganWiccan

So true. smile

Dont give up, and if they make fun of you, you can complain to the boss and explain that they are making you feel uncomfortable.

Discrimination can be so bad for the business if the co-worker do not respect who you are.User Image

Tipsy Shapeshifter

Black Lust Perfume
VeganWiccan

So true. smile

Dont give up, and if they make fun of you, you can complain to the boss and explain that they are making you feel uncomfortable.

Discrimination can be so bad for the business if the co-worker do not respect who you are.User Image

I agree, if someone at my job made fun of me, I would definitely let a supervisor know 3nodding
I've made out pretty lucky though, everyone at my job is very respectful, It's jut a accent, plenty of people don't speak English an have an accent to the way they speak, it's the same for me whee sadly not all can be so understanding though xp

Sexy Turtle

5,350 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Autobiographer 200
Deaf people are great people.
madame13

Not necessarily. Some of them are assholes or bitches just like some hearing people.

7,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
User Image
User Image
I've never met a deaf person. But I have no ill thoughts towards them what so ever. The deaf really interest me, actually.
I'm not sure if this questions has already been asked or explained (Or if it's just obvious), but I've always wondered how some one that is deaf learns sign language or braille. Or even how to read lips and understand what the words mean. I almost feel like it's as difficult as trying to explain a color to some one who is blind. But that's just me.

5,350 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Autobiographer 200
Kaoruko Hashimi
madame13

Not necessarily. Some of them are assholes or bitches just like some hearing people.

That's not nice.

Hallowed Shapeshifter

Don't know any deaf persons myself. Saw a deaf person once on the train talking on the phone which was a bit entertaining to watch since he had a iphone or something and used the camera to show the sign language, was just creepy cause they were probably talking about something funny and he kept laughing. Deaf people have a creepy laugh.

Don't have anything against them, don't have anything against paraplegic people either or any handicapped over all. Did know one guy that was in a wheel chair but he was a huge d**k.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff