Welcome to Gaia! ::

Moonlight Champion

Okay, my hubby and I are both 23, been married since May of 2011 been together since 05'. Have had our own house (an actual home home not apartment), since Aug 2010. We are stable and well fitted for our first baby. We just found out on Nov 19th that I am with child. That would put me at about 4 weeks preggy.
Anyway, here's the situation, I love my daddy and my mom. I'd be excited to tell daddy if mom wasn't around. But she is. I have to tell them at the same time no choice there. Anyway, my mom wanted me to wait until I was done with work (leaving work Dec. 19th) so I can be a stay at home mommy. My hubby and I have discussed this for a long time now. Anyway, I have primiary insurance at my place and secondary on my hubby's. My mom thinks that if I get preggy before I leave work insurance won't cover me. However, they have to since I am already on their plan (My hubby's plan would be the insurance paying). She doesn't understand that I am insuraned no matter what.
So how do I tell her that I'm preggy? Also I feel like I'm letting my mom down for whatever reason. (she has always had high standards of me and I feel with being preggy before I leave work that she will flip). Any ideas on how to break the ice?

EDIT
I know this is gaia, bunch of kids on it, I'm just hoping to find some nice peeps out there. Especially those who are already mothers and might be able to shine some light on my situation.
Hahah, the rest of Gaia may be just kids, LI is more mature, and we have a few mothers here

My opinion (I'm not a parent), is to just come out and say it. Stand your ground if she tries to get upset and turn it around. Remember that this is your life, not hers. And if she gets bitchy, remember you can always walk out. This is about you, and your husband, and your child. She has no right to say anything

Moonlight Champion

x-Garethp-x
Hahah, the rest of Gaia may be just kids, LI is more mature, and we have a few mothers here

My opinion (I'm not a parent), is to just come out and say it. Stand your ground if she tries to get upset and turn it around. Remember that this is your life, not hers. And if she gets bitchy, remember you can always walk out. This is about you, and your husband, and your child. She has no right to say anything

XD thanks for letting me know not all of Gaia are just kids. Believe me I want to just come out and say it. Thinking about heading over to their house tonight with hubby and just telling them. Might make turkey day akward though since we're spending it with them. XD But I don't really want to keep waiting cause I dont' need the stress. Right? *nods* right. XD It's just a thing that's easier said than done. Also I'm just speaking with hubby via txting (since he's still at work). And he's almost just as afraid as I am. Kind of amusing to be honest.
Thanks for the input.

Dapper Gawker

Well, your mom's going to find out sooner or later. You can't be like, "Oh no, I'm not pregnant. I just gained a lot of weight around my belly." You accidentally got pregnant. You protected yourself (I hope). I doubt your mom's gonna be like "Give it up for adoption!" or "Get an abortion!" So, just tell her.

final_wolf
x-Garethp-x

XD thanks for letting me know not all of Gaia are just kids. Believe me I want to just come out and say it. Thinking about heading over to their house tonight with hubby and just telling them. Might make turkey day akward though since we're spending it with them. XD But I don't really want to keep waiting cause I dont' need the stress. Right? *nods* right. XD It's just a thing that's easier said than done. Also I'm just speaking with hubby via txting (since he's still at work). And he's almost just as afraid as I am. Kind of amusing to be honest.
Thanks for the input.

Hang out in LI and ED, you meet the more mature people. I actually don't know any kinds on gaia eek

Maybe you should bring him along with you? Tackle this as your first family hurdle. It'll be alot easier to stand up for yourselves if you two are supporting each other. Just think of this as the first thing you have to do as a family, as mommy and daddy, to get through this

Moonlight Champion

Wacko Quacko
Well, your mom's going to find out sooner or later. You can't be like, "Oh no, I'm not pregnant. I just gained a lot of weight around my belly." You accidentally got pregnant. You protected yourself (I hope). I doubt your mom's gonna be like "Give it up for adoption!" or "Get an abortion!" So, just tell her.

My hubby and I are both clean of any STD's and we are actually trying to concieve. We're ready. Just I don't think my mom is. And no she won't be for adoption or abortion. I think she'll warm up to the idea once she gets use to it. It's just how do you plant the seed in telling her.

Moonlight Champion

x-Garethp-x

Hang out in LI and ED, you meet the more mature people. I actually don't know any kinds on gaia eek

Maybe you should bring him along with you? Tackle this as your first family hurdle. It'll be alot easier to stand up for yourselves if you two are supporting each other. Just think of this as the first thing you have to do as a family, as mommy and daddy, to get through this

Perhaps I shall hang around here more often.

And you're right. And I plan on dragging him along even though he won't like it. XD I'm the one that will grab the bull by its horns if I must and when the moment comes. When push comes to shove, I'll shove. *sighs* Just do it with hubby get it over with. *walks into parents house* Hey mom, dad I'm 4 weeks preggers. *sighs* Yep it'll go over so very well. Well it isn't like she can kick me out of the house anymore lol. Been a long time since she could do that.
Is it possible to get proof of insurance? maybe if you give physical evidence that you're covered, your mom won't be upset.
final_wolf
x-Garethp-x

Perhaps I shall hang around here more often.

And you're right. And I plan on dragging him along even though he won't like it. XD I'm the one that will grab the bull by its horns if I must and when the moment comes. When push comes to shove, I'll shove. *sighs* Just do it with hubby get it over with. *walks into parents house* Hey mom, dad I'm 4 weeks preggers. *sighs* Yep it'll go over so very well. Well it isn't like she can kick me out of the house anymore lol. Been a long time since she could do that.

Well, good luck, and I hope you two do well whee I know however you do it, you'll stand up for yourself

Also, maybe you should invite her to your house, so you can kick her out? I got to do that to my mother for the first time a little while ago, it was sooo satisfying

Moonlight Champion

Volrezzo
Is it possible to get proof of insurance? maybe if you give physical evidence that you're covered, your mom won't be upset.

I really can't prove to her anymore atm. Since I'm on hubby's insurance for secondary. Would have to use mine until I quit work and then his insurance will be primary. She knows I'm on his insurance as well as mine already.

Garethp: XD I bet it was satisfying. perhaps I should also add, I like to play peacekeeper until I'm forced to play the bad guy. Damn me for being a people pleaser.
Would she be mad or upset then? and just because you didn't wait till after work?

Moonlight Champion

Volrezzo
Would she be mad or upset then? and just because you didn't wait till after work?
She would be upset that I didn't wait until after work. Truthfully I don't think she's ready to be a grandma yet. I think that's her biggest thing. The other thing is she wants me to wait until I'm in my late 20's to have kids. Like how she waited. Sorry mom that's you not me.
final_wolf
Volrezzo
She would be upset that I didn't wait until after work. Truthfully I don't think she's ready to be a grandma yet. I think that's her biggest thing. The other thing is she wants me to wait until I'm in my late 20's to have kids. Like how she waited. Sorry mom that's you not me.

Well, you could tell her, you might just be overexaggerating how she would react razz , I think she might end up really excited to find out she is a grandma, although, it may depend, because I don't know your parents razz

Fashionable Bloodsucker

3,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Clambake 200
Just tell her. You are 23. You are married. Who gives a ******** what she thinks? Time to stop callign them mommy and daddy and stop needing their approval. DO check into the insurance before you tell her since if she is that concerned that will quickly be brought up. But otherwise let her be upset. It DOES affect her and she does have the right to be worried and not be ready and whatever.

Feisty Duck

I agree that you need to just tell her and stand your ground. It's good that you would be ever able to be a stay-at-home mom. Most people either choose both career and family or have to work to afford a child. You might want to announce it after Thanksgiving if you're worried about the awkwardness. Or you could announce it at Thanksgiving if there will be more people in support of it around.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff