Welcome to Gaia! ::

Feisty Duck

Dolly Demon
I spoke to her just, just to make sure she was alright. She had a sandwich and i spoke to her. It went something like this:

"It's just dad. You know what he's like"
"what?"
"you know, always moaning and stuff, he always gets me down"
"why what has he said?"
"Saying i virtually live at uni, well i am 18 now"
"well just make sure you know what your doing"
"i know, i will still be coming home and stuff"
"and what will you be doing everyday...partying?"
"no...well yes. He treats me like i'm still a child"
"what do you mean?"
"I want to see new things, have new experiences. Going out makes me realise how much i haven't lived"

stare

She isn't wrong. Actually it's better that she learns about partying during her freshman year and gets over the obsession quicker. I think all you can do is tell her that you are concerned about her well-being but that you recognize it is up to her what she does. Tell her you'll be there if she needs you but that you don't condone the behavior. Let her know that she is upsetting your parents. Then let her be. She needs space and time to figure out who she wants to be and how she's going to become that person. Everyone goes through this phase to some extent.

Hygienic Hoarder

9,050 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
She's underage to be drinking...just call the cops on her?

Honestly, there's little you can do, aside from that. Let her do her thing, unless she's becoming a danger to herself. As it sounds now, she's experimenting...and not causing any horrible damage to herself.

If it gets out of hand, you should try an intervention. ;D

Kumacchiato's Prince

Demonic Dabbler

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Lavish Tipper 200
User Image
"Her life, her choices, her problems."
User Image

12,050 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
sometimes all you can do is pray, or ask some one to pray for you. Your sister is lost, and what she needs is some one to drag her back to reality. What you dad should do, is show a little tough love, you sister is 18 but she sounds more like a child. I just hope that, your mom and dad, do the right thing for your sister, so that she doesn't end up completely messed up. At least part of this should involve taking her car keys and not letting her see certain people, she also needs some good influences in her life.

Lonely Stalker

10,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
I don't know how to talk to her anymore, i don't feel like she's my sister.
I just feel hurt, betrayed and i feel that she's a coward for running away from us all.

Adorable Fatcat

Your sister is out on her own and experiencing a semi-independent life now. It does change people. It seems stupid to you, but it's completely natural. Go easy on her, it's quite a shock when you leave home and start your life on your own. xd

Tipsy Smoker

She sounds like a regular fresher.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas