Welcome to Gaia! ::

Romantic Cheerleader

19,200 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
Many games, mainly, RPGs, and MMORPGs, have items that are dropped by monsters, and some items take many, many, many attempts to get one of these items. What is your proudest achievement in getting a rare item? How long did it take you to get this item? What game was this item from?

Hate on it, back when I played Runescape, it took me about 10000-20000 dust devils to get a Dragon Chainmail to drop. Sadly, after that, I quit.

In White Knight Chronicles 2, I have gotten Ark Codes from Vell 6-10 (excluding 9 for now, since no one will run it..) in under 10 runs each, when I hear many people complaining about running these quests 50-100 times without getting a single code.

DelaDeity's Partner In Crime

Trash Kitten

23,015 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
Gods Eater Burst, Yin-Yang Ambrosia from Fallen Arda Nova, my god I didn't know how many times I had to kill the bloody b***h to get that item.
http://www.wowhead.com/item=2955

Killed 2 pirates, and it randomly dropped. Brought me years of amusement afterwards.
Minak0
Many games, mainly, RPGs, and MMORPGs, have items that are dropped by monsters, and some items take many, many, many attempts to get one of these items. What is your proudest achievement in getting a rare item? How long did it take you to get this item? What game was this item from?

Hate on it, back when I played Runescape, it took me about 10000-20000 dust devils to get a Dragon Chainmail to drop. Sadly, after that, I quit.

In White Knight Chronicles 2, I have gotten Ark Codes from Vell 6-10 (excluding 9 for now, since no one will run it..) in under 10 runs each, when I hear many people complaining about running these quests 50-100 times without getting a single code.

Was that back when the price of the dragon chain was still quite high?

Before they brought back the free trade dharoks helmet was 8mil, and I made a s**t load of cash off of barrows with other pieces, but I wanted that helmet the most. I logged every run I ever made and every drop I ever got. It took me exactly 786 runs to get that helmet. Why did I log it? I log everything. :3

Final Fantasy XI it took me about two months to get my Destroyers. BCNM ftw, right? Six months to get my AF2 pants, and while they were, I think, a 100% drop, it took awhile to get group to assist in getting my Dune Boots as well.

Those are the only two MMORPGs I've ever played to maximum level. All others I quit by weeks end.

Romantic Cheerleader

19,200 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
Cheesecake-Yum-Yum
Minak0

Before they brought back the free trade dharoks helmet was 8mil, and I made a s**t load of cash off of barrows with other pieces, but I wanted that helmet the most. I logged every run I ever made and every drop I ever got. It took me exactly 786 runs to get that helmet. Why did I log it? I log everything. :3

Final Fantasy XI it took me about two months to get my Destroyers. BCNM ftw, right? Six months to get my AF2 pants, and while they were, I think, a 100% drop, it took awhile to get group to assist in getting my Dune Boots as well.

Those are the only two MMORPGs I've ever played to maximum level. All others I quit by weeks end.

Yeah, it was running like 15m or so I think. The quest with the dust devils in that well was pretty new when I got the chain. As far as I remember, the only way to get the chain back then was from dust devils as a 1/10000 drop chance, or from that big beast thing in.....the desert I think it was, it has been over 5 years, I forget.
Minak0
Cheesecake-Yum-Yum
Minak0

Yeah, it was running like 15m or so I think. The quest with the dust devils in that well was pretty new when I got the chain. As far as I remember, the only way to get the chain back then was from dust devils as a 1/10000 drop chance, or from that big beast thing in.....the desert I think it was, it has been over 5 years, I forget.

Kalphite Queen. Never bothered with her more than once myself.

Romantic Cheerleader

19,200 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
Cheesecake-Yum-Yum
Minak0
Cheesecake-Yum-Yum
Minak0

THAT was the name..... really, been years, lol. Yeah, her and those devils were the only way at the time. To be honest, I was......114, and I never as much tried to fight the Kalphite queen. I kinda felt proud I got my mail by my own hands from such a very, very, very low drop rate creature like that though. Made fighting that giant bug even more unappealing.
Minak0
Cheesecake-Yum-Yum
Minak0
Cheesecake-Yum-Yum
Minak0

THAT was the name..... really, been years, lol. Yeah, her and those devils were the only way at the time. To be honest, I was......114, and I never as much tried to fight the Kalphite queen. I kinda felt proud I got my mail by my own hands from such a very, very, very low drop rate creature like that though. Made fighting that giant bug even more unappealing.

Only time I ever fought her was when I decided I'd sign myself up to be a member, first day in some guys invited me to tag along with them. Not knowing what the hell was going on, I figured I'd go for fun. I was the first to die, as you'd expect. Saddening I remember that as it was insignificant and damn near eight years ago.
http://www.wowhead.com/item=32248

Took months and months before this son of a b***h dropped.
There was never any competition for it. It was only the first boss. BUT IT WOULD NEVER DROP.

Got it like a month before Wrath was released. qq

Romantic Cheerleader

19,200 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
Cheesecake-Yum-Yum
Minak0
Cheesecake-Yum-Yum
Minak0
Cheesecake-Yum-Yum
Minak0

Only time I ever fought her was when I decided I'd sign myself up to be a member, first day in some guys invited me to tag along with them. Not knowing what the hell was going on, I figured I'd go for fun. I was the first to die, as you'd expect. Saddening I remember that as it was insignificant and damn near eight years ago.

Was that quest really that old? Wow. Yeah, I started back in like....2003 or 2004, I forget. Something like that. I was mainly a lone-wolf in the game most of the time. Quests that required 2+ people, I never did.

Alien Worshipper

Um, I suppose my proudest achievement isn't actually a "drop", more that I /stole/ it from an enemy... A rarity 1 Legendary Yoshitsuna on my Disgaea 2: DHD game. Man that took forever. And even longer to get it to level 200.

Friendly Browser

User Image

The Monster Hunter series has what I like the call "The Desire Sensor".

If you desire it, you will not get it.

For many items/weapons you need 1 - 5+ items from a certain monster.
And them dropping that particular item is rare enough.

Now imagine trying to "farm" a difficult creature.
Like a Fatalis.
Or a creature that always takes 30 minutes.
I'm looking at you Lao.

This in combination with the that fact that some armor sets comprised of helmets, mail, gloves, legging all need at least one of those rare items.

It can be very tedious.
But I actually enjoyed it.

I love my Dragon X armor set.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

IRL Exhibitionist

11,300 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
I guess it's a rare drop but I got the Black Knight Sword on my first attempt when I killed the Black Knight on Dark Souls. Only found out it was a rare drop when I got it and a friend of mine didn't.

Anxious Hunter

7,150 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Guildmember 100
Farming Trapezehedrons on FFXIII. Go find an Adamantoise/Adamantortoise, do your absolute best to kill it (one mistake and that thing is standing up and murdering you) and then hope for something that has a 1% drop rate. 2.5% with the item that increases rare drop chance. How many hours have I spent farming that? 20-30. How many have I gotten? 3...

Invisible Phantom

12,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
I remember there being this rare drop for some lizard boots off a rare lizard in Final Fantasy XI Online. I'd see people camping the spawn point for hours, sometimes days waiting for it at the spawn point.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff