Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hey there Gaians!

Halloween is fast approaching and you know what that means? Christmas is coming up soon! New contests for all the Gaians out there! That's right, this year along with our upcoming Gaia HQ Costume Contest we'll be hosting a costume contest for all the users. Want to dress up for some big prizes? You've come to the right place! Check the next post for all the details.
Halloween Contests

This year we'll be hosting a variety of contests, a little something to keep everyone in the Halloween spirit!

User Voting

Vote for your favorite staff members!

Deacon Charmer - Deacon
Zero Omega - Doctor
pwoo124 - Sally from Nightmare Before Christmas
alexbenjamin - Russian Navy Colonel
Lanzer - Pimp
Nathan Nightshade - Flamingo
Ling - Horse #1
L0cke - Horse #2
yvonne1222 - Mario
silentcrawler86 - Luigi
Shadow Dragonz - Kato from Green Lantern
Mishiri - Porcelain Doll
Muumuupie - Deadmau5
Buki - Monster Hunter Felyne
Decep - Red Riding Hood
Ethe - Pichu

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/GaiaHQCostumeContest2011

Voting ends at 11:59pm PDT on Tuesday, November 1, 2011!

Contest 1: Halloween Town Avatar Contest

The concept is very simple: Create a Halloween themed avatar and hold it up or edit it onto a picture you have taken of a real life Halloween themed setting, such as a carved out pumpkin, your decorated house, a ghost/ghoul/skeleton/zombie/etc.

Rules:
  • You must dress up your avatar in a Halloween theme.
  • You must either hold it up with your username, or edit your avatar and username, onto a picture you have taken of a Halloween themed setting.
  • The picture must be a one that you have taken, no Google image searching or anything like that.
  • For extra fun, feel free to dress your real life self up in costume and take a picture along with your avatar! We'd love to see what kind of costumes you all have come up with! (This is a situation where it would be okay if a friend/family member took the picture of you)
  • Must be a member in good standing with the site.
  • Images must be appropriate for the site, no inappropriate images!
  • You must post your entry in this thread. Your post should contain the following:
    • Your avatar + picture.
    • A short description or story of what your avatar is
    • A short description of what the picture in the background is.

• All entries must be posted in the thread by Thursday, October 27, 2011 at 11:59pm PDT.
  • Voting will be done via a poll to the users.

Prizes:
  • First place is: 500,000 Gaia Gold
  • Second place is: 250,000 Gaia Gold
  • Third place is: 100,000 Gaia Gold

Here's an example of what your entry should look like:
Example
User Image
Description of avi: My avatar is a bloody doctor! He's bloody because he was being attacked by bats and needed to clear out the area around him!
Description of background: Some pumpkin lights and two very notable characters! With the bat overlord above!

Contest 2: Pumpkin Carving!

Ah, a holiday favorite. This is one for all you creative types! We want you to show us your best pumpkin carving this year, especially if it's Gaia themed like our logo, or the iconic Mini Wings!

Rules:
  • Take a picture of the pumpkin that you have carved out this year.
  • The carving can be of anything, but if you happen to make it Gaia themed that would be extra awesome!
  • We will also accept pumpkin decoration if you cannot carve the pumpkin. What kind of fancy or decorative features can you put on your pumpkin?
  • Post your picture in the thread! All entries must be submitted by Thursday, October 27, 2011 at 11:59pm PDT.
  • Voting will be done via a poll to the users.

Prizes:
  • First place is: 250,000 Gaia Gold
  • Second place is: 125,000 Gaia Gold
  • Third place is: 75,000 Gaia Gold

Contest 3: Improv Ideas!

This will be a special contest that we will be hosting for our live webcast of the Gaia HQ Costume Contest on Monday, October 31, 2011. We're looking for all the users to give us ideas for an improv. We'll list a couple of subjects and all you have to do is give us ideas for those subjects. If your suggestion gets chosen, you win a prize!

Rules:
  • We're going to list some subjects below, simply e-mail gaiacontests [at] gaiaonline [dot] com (REFORMAT THE ADDRESS!!!!) with your ideas for those subjects.
  • The subject of the e-mail must contain: Improv Ideas
  • The body of the e-mail must contain: Your username, your improv ideas.
  • All entries must be submitted by Sunday, October 30, 2011 at 11:59pm PDT

Prizes:
  • First place is: 100,000 Gaia Gold
  • Second place is: 75,000 Gaia Gold
  • Third place is: 50,000 Gaia Gold

Subjects:
Here are the subjects we're looking for:
  • A location (e.g., coffee shop)
  • Something that is going on (e.g., a lizard entered the shop)
Gaia HQ Costume Contest Webcast

Even the staff at Gaia HQ are excited for Halloween! They've come to work today dressed up in their very best and we're holding a live costume contest just for you! The event starts on October 25, 2011 at 3:00pm PST. You'll be able to vote for the costumes you think are scariest, prettiest, and funniest.

Currently playing:
Gaia HQ Costume Contest from 2011

Behind the scenes

Don't forget to check out the "behind the scenes" webcast starting before the live webcast! We'll have another "behind the scenes" right after the webcast as well!

3,600 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
admin
Hey there Gaians!

Halloween is fast approaching and you know what that means? Christmas is coming up soon! New contests for all the Gaians out there! That's right, this year along with our upcoming Gaia HQ Costume Contest we'll be hosting a costume contest for all the users. Want to dress up for some big prizes? You've come to the right place! Check the next post for all the details.

4,000 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Brandisher 100
This is awesome. CAN"T WAIT TO SEE IT!
Also, second heart

^w^ This is going to be so cute!

Fatcat

Smile with Candy Hearts ♥ Says;

Good luck to everyone that enters <3

Kay Buh Baii <3

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

9,775 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Today is Tuesday October 25th.

confused

Saint Werewolf

16,350 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Hunter 50
I always love doing this sort of tedious thing.

3,900 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Profitable 100
Rawr! Sounds Uber Duber Fun Fun Funnn!
[Sore wa harou~indesu!]

(It`s Halloween!)

6,250 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
User Image

My Avi: My avi is being haunted and tortured by spirits all over Gaia. No matter where she goes, something bad happens. Over time she has been possessed by a demonic spirit, she now has to fight for her life and try to get rid of it...

My background: This is a pumpkin that i carved yesterday (The pumpkin is also part of the contest) from the picture inside the picture you can tell that this pumpkin is a "Zombie Pumpkin". He is out to eat all of your pumpkins insides. Even every last pumpkin seed will be consumed by this evil monster!

BaabyPink's Prince

Rampaging Lunatic

45,975 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200
-Candii_Sweet-
Today is Tuesday October 25th.

confused

Whoops, my mistake. October 27th. Edited!

BaabyPink's Prince

Rampaging Lunatic

45,975 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200
Chaos7824
http://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/h431/chaos7824/HaveaHappyChaoticHalloween.jpg

My Avi: My avi is being haunted and tortured by spirits all over Gaia. No matter where she goes, something bad happens. Over time she has been possessed by a demonic spirit, she now has to fight for her life and try to get rid of it...

My background: This is a pumpkin that i carved yesterday (The pumpkin is also part of the contest) from the picture inside the picture you can tell that this pumpkin is a "Zombie Pumpkin". He is out to eat all of your pumpkins insides. Even every last pumpkin seed will be consumed by this evil monster!

Great first entry! That pumpkin is absolutely amazing. xd Pumpkin guts all over the place.

6,250 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Zero Omega
Chaos7824
http://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/h431/chaos7824/HaveaHappyChaoticHalloween.jpg

Great first entry! That pumpkin is absolutely amazing. xd Pumpkin guts all over the place.

Does my entry count as one or two? o.o?

BaabyPink's Prince

Rampaging Lunatic

45,975 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200
Chaos7824
Zero Omega
Chaos7824

Does my entry count as one or two? o.o?

We could include it for both contests if you want that to be your pumpkin entry!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff