Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image
Thats all I have to say about that. If you want to smoke, thats your own choice, but some of us can't/don't want to share with that choice. Have desingated smoking areas, that way those who want to can go, and those who don't can avoid those areas.

Personally I have a rip-roaring case of asthma, and when I get a whiff of smoke I cough until my lips turn blue.

6,850 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Smoking is still disgusting as hell. :/ Like seriously, I've heard it even feels unhealthy when you smoke it, from many people who occasionally do.

I mean, s**t, if you're gonna smoke something, smoke something good. Like hookah. At least hookah has this amazing taste to it and the smoke smells amazing. Because, yeah, you're still killing yourself, but at least it's an enjoyable death, rather than dying from shitty cigarettes.
you're stupid.
smoking gives you cancer. you die from cancer.
it ******** you up. there are no health benefits. you idiot.
Being around cig smoke makes me sick. I never knew until I moved out of my parent's house and I stopped getting sinus infections and bronchitis every few months. Every time I go home to visit, and stay at their place, I start getting sick again.

I don't give a s**t if you smoke. Just don't do it around me. Even walking by a smoker outside ******** with my sinuses/lungs.

MrMephist0's Waifu

Fashionable Lunatic

Griff Morivan
Hold it.

Let me see some identification.

A Chewley's gum representative? And you're stirring up all this anti-smoking sentiment to... what? Increase sales?

Get out of here!

That, in reverse. Go away, Marlboro Man.

This x1000

Dangerous Noob

6,900 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
1. Helps you stay fit, both chemically and by decreasing appetite
2. Boosts memory and helps a person to concentrate
3. Boosts digestive system (also helps for staying fit)
4. Helps you in making social contacts
5. Makes you go out more (with indoor smoking being banned at most places), fresh air has health benefits
6. Deacreases the risk of Parkinsons disease (-60%)
7. Decreases the risk of Alzheimers disease (-50%?)
8. Slows down the effect of Alzheimers in people who already have it.
9. Helps people with Schizophrenia
10. Smoking also helps/prevents ADD
11. Boosts DHEA sex hormone that increases libido
12. Nicotine promotes new blood vessel growth ( helpful for people who are recovering from heart attack or stroke)
13. Decreases risk for Endometrial Cancer
14. Decreases risk for Skin Cancers
15. Decreases risk for Breast Cancer
16. Decreases risk for Colon Cancer
17. Decreases risk for Prostate Cancer
18. Decreases risk for Thyroid Cancer
20. Prevents OCD.
21. Prevents Sleep Apnea.
22. Prevents Colitis.

Where did this info come from? I'd have to see a sciantific article about it before i'd belive it Most of these are laughebly false

26. Smoking increases dopamine producion in brains and therefore it gives the smoker PLEASURE.

This is true however it makes it so that without smoking dopamine production doesn't work as well thus people get adicted.

5,900 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Friendly 100
Moon Eclipses
cakesicles
It's still poison? Lung cancer...addiction...Caus
es premature aging.....Discoloring walls...Stinks up clothing and hair...Smoke lines around the mouth...I could go on biggrin

I never said that the benefits would make for the downsides. Ethanol? It's still a poison? Lung cancer... addiction...causes premature aging...drunk people r@pe and kill their partners or random people at the street...stinks up clothing and hair...liver disease...more cancers... brain damage and disease.. Sexual dysfunction...skin disorders... I could go on biggrin

rofl

Dangerous Noob

6,900 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
Moon Eclipses
Wacko Quacko
Hah, I remember learning in Neuropsychology how not drinking alcohol and not smoking cigarettes increase your chances of Parkinson's. (But I think it's more correlations than causation.) But still, smoking gave my dad like four heart attacks. Every smoker should just switch to that non-mouse-poop kind, where it's just pure nicotine but it's like smoking. Electric cigarettes?

"Smoking gave" or you though like that just cause he happened to be a smoker?

Sources for the health benefits?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Health_benefits_of_smoking
http://www.forces.org/evidence/evid/therap.htm

There was also a blog entry by a 5X years old woman, who had plenty of sources listed, including a book written by a doctor.

If you don't believe something, google it.

Give me a scientific article please.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces