Welcome to Gaia! ::

Interesting Mage

I've been thinking for a while now about wether or not I wanted to buy a 3DS, and with the recent price drop, I'm thinking about it more. Still $170 is a lot of money to pay for a system when there is only one game that I want to play (Resident Evil Mercenaries).

So my questions are just basically your own opinion: Is the 3DS really any good? Like, how is the 3D? I've looked at the Nintendo website, but what are your favorite or the best features? Or what doesn't really work? And what are your favorite games, because I'd like to play more than one game if I buy the system.

Thanks!
xSylver-Rainx
I've been thinking for a while now about wether or not I wanted to buy a 3DS, and with the recent price drop, I'm thinking about it more. Still $170 is a lot of money to pay for a system when there is only one game that I want to play (Resident Evil Mercenaries).

So my questions are just basically your own opinion: Is the 3DS really any good? Like, how is the 3D? I've looked at the Nintendo website, but what are your favorite or the best features? Or what doesn't really work? And what are your favorite games, because I'd like to play more than one game if I buy the system.

Thanks!

I enjoy mine. There are other things the system does. Netflix streaming. Nintendo Video. Pokedex 3D if you like Pokemon. Web Browser. eshop. More games to come.
You shouldn't get it if you want it for THAT game
Divine Zero

Normaly i would flame someone who is telling someone not to get a 3ds but i sort of agree.....
I love my 3DS and the only game i have for it is Legend of Zelda.
El Nuevo Jugador
I love my 3DS and the only game i have for it is Legend of Zelda.

I might actually start it someday.
I recently got my 3DS it's pretty cool, me and my friend have been playing RE: Mercenaries all the time, it's a pretty awesome game. Gamestop had (maybe still) a deal where if you trade in your DS Lite, DSI or DSI XL you can get it for $99, I think it was worth it personally, especially if you have other people to play with, and like people said there are many things online for it like Netflix and some downloadable games on it most all pretty much under $10

Edit: Beside RE (because I wanted to have at least something to play right away) I bought most of my games on Ebay =) at least $10 cheaper

Interesting Mage

Divine Zero

I heard it wasn't fantastic, and not worth the 40 bucks, but having enjoyed some other Resident Evils, it would probably be one of my first choices. Unless you can offer me some different suggestions?

Interesting Mage

Raavish
I recently got my 3DS it's pretty cool, me and my friend have been playing RE: Mercenaries all the time, it's a pretty awesome game. Gamestop had (maybe still) a deal where if you trade in your DS Lite, DSI or DSI XL you can get it for $99, I think it was worth it personally, especially if you have other people to play with, and like people said there are many things online for it like Netflix and some downloadable games on it most all pretty much under $10

Ya, the thing is, I'm pretty much playing everything by myself. My brother hardly ever played his DS Lite, don't think he has turned it on for at least a year now, and to the best of my knowledge, my friends either don't play videogames, or don't have a DS.

What kind of downloadable games?

Shy Gawker

you should definitely get a 3DS.

the eshop is awesome, and Ocarina 3D is a must-buy game

plenty of great games are coming out later in the year too.
xSylver-Rainx

Ya, the thing is, I'm pretty much playing everything by myself. My brother hardly ever played his DS Lite, don't think he has turned it on for at least a year now, and to the best of my knowledge, my friends either don't play videogames, or don't have a DS.

What kind of downloadable games?

They have Link's Awakening, Kirby's Dream World, Mario Land..a bunch of old classic games, then some new interesting ones. They have this thing called Photo Dojo which you take pictures of yourself and I believe other people and you use them to fight in a strange little game (i'm sure there's videos up on youtube) that game is only like $2, they also have this game called BlayzBloo (i believe that's how it's spelled) which is BlazBlue but plays like PowerStone. The nintendo site has a list of the games Nintendo downloadable games

6,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Tycoon 200
The Netflix... oh how I love the Netflix.
xSylver-Rainx
Divine Zero

I heard it wasn't fantastic, and not worth the 40 bucks, but having enjoyed some other Resident Evils, it would probably be one of my first choices. Unless you can offer me some different suggestions?
Wait to get the better games that are on the horizon
DanyTheMe
Divine Zero

Normaly i would flame someone who is telling someone not to get a 3ds but i sort of agree.....
Well how the 3DS is at the moment it isn't really worth it o:

In the future it will be worth the money
Though I know this is a rumor...have you heard of the 3DS being made with another analog?
Divine Zero
DanyTheMe
Divine Zero

Well how the 3DS is at the moment it isn't really worth it o:

In the future it will be worth the money
Though I know this is a rumor...have you heard of the 3DS being made with another analog?

I doubt it will happen nintendo knows just how much that would piss off people who bought it before the change.
Also if the games are coming out at some point then that should in no way affect the reasond to buy the console.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff