Welcome to Gaia! ::

6,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Signature Look 250
User Image

Ρɾʗϵ Ǻzɾiϵζ Aliyah Ǻziz

User ImageUser Image

Azriel jumped slightly when the dusty tube jerked in his grip. He glanced up to see Drystan standing very near to him, even though he'd been halfway across the room moments ago. Apparantly the stories of his swiftness were true. Drystan's long fingers were wrapped around the end of the barrel, the apparant source of the jerk, directing it away from Azriel's face. Drystan had a very anxious and surprised expression on his face. Azriel let out a slightly indignant grunt when the firearm was pulled away from him, and he looked hurt at the forceful way the curious object had been stolen from him. He'd only wanted to look, Drystan had no reason to be so aggressive with his actions.

Azriel's face fell at Drystan's explaination for his brashness, and his cheeks reddened at the kind gesture. It was apparant Drystan was tryingvery hard to be gentle with him, but he was awkward and not used to acting this way. He allowed Drystan to wipe his hands, enjoying the feel of the silk handkercheif. His eyes opened in shock when Drystan explained that that thing was a weapon though. One that had been the tipping point in the war. He pulled his hands away and opened the trunk again to look at the weapons. They were just tubes with a wooden handle on one end. "How on earth did dusty pipes defeat our finest swords? Or our archers- The warriors and their staffs! Show me, how do these things work? I do not believe that those things defeated our soldiers..." He was shaking a bit when he finished, shaken up that he'd just held a foreign weapon without knowing, but his pride wouldn't let it go. I was just a stick. It couldn't have beaten the best crafted swords in the world, the power of their soldiers. He just couldn't believe it unless he saw for himself...

He picked one up and pressed it into Drystan's hands, looking deffiently up at the taller man, but there was still that glint of morbid curiousity in his eyes. "What does it do? It's much too small to do much damage swinging it..." He eyed it curiously, and came to a conclusion. He pulled Drystan towrds the balcony and pointed out to the horizon. "It is some sort of mechanical bow, correct? Show me it's range." He crossed his armsover his chest, and settled on leaning back against the railing to look at Drystan.

// Sorry it'skind of a bad post, I need to get back into the swing of writing again lol //

User Image
                            User Image
User Image
                                            Ρʀɪɴϲе Dʀʏsтαɴ Toʀvαʟd

i want to heal you pretty sweet
                                            i'll throw rose petals at your feet
                                            i'll spend eternity
                                            comparing all my poetry to yours

✖✖✖

Drystan finished cleaning Azriel's hands as he spoke, listening to the other Prince silently. He hadn't known that Azriel's reaction would be so strong, or that he would know so little about the war, and found it rather surprising that he hadn't been told already. He decided that it would probably be best to watch his tongue in the future. It wouldn't do to break any more news in such a harsh way. Drystan placed a hand lightly on Azriel's shoulder, somewhat awkwardly trying to comfort him. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean... in any case, yes, they're quite lethal. And that isn't dust, it's gunpowder. I can demonstrate for you later, if you like. "He said quietly, not certain what to say. "I had thought you knew we had come up with a new weapon. It wasn't the only reason for the outcome of the war, but it definitely made a difference. I did not wish to upset you." Drystan said, eager to return to the amiable conversation that they had been having before. He wasn't quite sure what to do now, having not been trained in the art of politics so much as he ought to have been.

✖✖✖

i want to see love through your eyes
                                            you'll never have to compromise
                                            i'd give up all my fame
                                            to fight your demons and your bloody wars

6,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Signature Look 250
User Image

Ρɾʗϵ Ǻzɾiϵζ Aliyah Ǻziz

User ImageUser Image

Azriel's defiant attitude deflated when Drystan touched his shoulder soothingly. He could tell that the other prince was sincere in that he hadn't meant to upset him, and Azriel sighed softly. He turned to rest his forearms on the balcony rail and looked out at the city. "I was told only the most vague details of the war. The rest was kept from me, it was my father's business. I was kept inside the castle walls for most of the duration, because of my...condition..." He said the word with contempt and his face hardened. "Because I could feel their pain, I was locked away in here, I very much welcomed it, Drystan...", he whispered, looking over at him. "I was content and confident we would win, we had the Seer on our side."

Azriel smiled at Drystan. "You are lucky. You fought for your people, you had the option to do good for them. I could not do anything. The only good I can do is now..." He looked meaningfully at Drystan. He took a moment to compose himself, then smiled again, much more calmly and casual than before. "But war is a part of life, I understand that. Do not think that I blame you for the outcome, I do not. You merely did what you had to to protect your kin, I would have done the same given the chance." He stepped away from the rail and gestured into the room again. "Let us sit again. Put all this tenseness behind us."

User Image
                            User Image
User Image
                                            Ρʀɪɴϲе Dʀʏsтαɴ Toʀvαʟd

i'll spend eternity

✖✖✖

Drysan nodded sympathetically. He could not imagine being locked away while his people fought. It would be torturous for him. On the other hand, with Azriel's 'gift,' it might be more torturous being among the battles. Feeling the pain of every injured and dying soldier... Drystan could not imagine such a thing. It was not so hard to imagine why Azriel had been locked away, as much as it pained him to admit, even to himself. He began to grasp what it would mean to be married to Azriel. It would not be as simple as he had thought.

He followed the other man back inside, back to their seats. "I must thank you for you kind words. I must say, had our postitions be reversed, I might not have it in me to be so gracious." he said, grinning slightly as he bowed his head briefly. He sat back down, rather more casually than he was before, slouching slightly and nearly sprawled out in the chair. Drystan was getting more comfortable in Azriel's presence, however prematurely, and it showed in his behavior.

{ So, I wasn't sure what else to add here, but I feel that it is a bit lacking. If you need me to edit it or anything, just let me know. Also, I was wondering if we ought to being moving along to the festivities soon? }

✖✖✖

i'd give up all my fame

6,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Signature Look 250
User Image

Ρɾʗϵ Ǻzɾiϵζ Aliyah Ǻziz

User ImageUser Image

Azriel chuckled a bit at Drystan's words. "Ah, but that is the difference in our upbringing. You, dear Drystan, were raised as a warrior, I can tell in the way that you hold yourself. I, on the other hand, was raised as a diplomat at best. My power made me very good at that. I never expected to leave this land, though. It never once crossed my mind to venture out, and I suppose this is just karma's way of throwing me out into the world." He rose an eyebrow at Drystan's new posture, it was vastly different from before. Azriel smirked, it was almost endearing, this less proper Drystan.

Azriel did not sit in his own chair, opting to stay on his feet as they spoke. He rest his hand on the back of Drystan's chair and leaned forward and down to rest level with Drystan's face. "Do not mistake my kind disposition for weakness though, Drystan. My gift gives me a strength others could never achieve. To see into the hearts of men is a very frightening, empowering thing." He straightened up and stepped back from Drystan, giving him another once-over. "I could tell when you entered the city, that you were very different from the others with you." He smiled almost flirtatiously. "I am very eager now to find out how different you are from the stories."

A frown took over his features when another set of knocks rapped on the door, interrupting their conversation. It was another group of servant girls, dressed similarly to Azriel, but less extravagantly so. They bowed and explained that the banquet was ready to begin and that Azriel must now come with them to prepare for his part in their performance. His face suddenly felt red hot at the reminder and nerves tumbled in his stomach at the thought of performing for Drystan. He smiled sheepishly at his betrothed. "You should join your men in the throne room, I'm sure you could use the time to become acquainted with my parents if you wish." He gestured for one of the girls to stay and lead him, while the others bustled Azriel along the opposite hall, gushing quite obviously and noisily about Drystan.

User Image
                            User Image
User Image
                                            Ρʀɪɴϲе Dʀʏsтαɴ Toʀvαʟd

i'll spend eternity

✖✖✖

Drystan smirked as Azriel spoke, inclining his head. There was truth in the other mans words, and he was willing to admit it. As prideful as he was about his skill as a soldier, he was able to admit he might be lacking in other areas, as much as he was generally loathe to do so. He was once again struck by how different their upbringing was, and he wondered how much of the difference were because of the empathy, and because of difference in their respective cultures.

He looked up at Azriel as he leaned over him, a small smile on his face as he quirked his head to the side. He found this side of Azriel oddly attractive, this assertive, almost aggressive, flirtatious attitude. He stood once Azriel did, almost visibly straightening as he was looked over. It was true, it was rather intimidating to think that Azriel could see into his very soul. Any posturing he did would be useless, as would any lies. The idea that he would have to be completely open with his future husband... well, it would scare off a lesser man, he thought. But everything he knew about Azriel told him that it would be worth it.

He opened his mouth, ready to flirt back, when he heard the knocking at the door. A small frown marred his face, disappointed that they were being interrupted. He turned as the servants entered, back straight, arms loosely at his side, with no visible indication that anything untoward had occurred. He smiled at the girls flirtatiously, as was his habit, and listened silently as they spoke to Azriel. Apparently the festivities would be beginning soon, and Azriel had to go and prepare. "I will see you soon, then, and I look forward to your preformance, Your Highness." he said, bowing slightly as Azriel left, following the servant to the throne room.

Once he arrived, he thanked the servant, and joined his men. Cormac smirked at him, smacking him on the back. "Hey, what have you been up to? Having some fun with you bride?" Drystan rolled his eyes and sharply rebuked him. "Watch your tongue, Cormac. I won't hear that about Azriel."
                                            "Oh, on a first name basis already, well - " He was cut off suddenly by Haldor, who kicked him in the shin. Smoothly, the prince's advisor cut in. "I do hope you are getting along with your intended, Highness."
                                            "We are getting along well, Haldor, thank you. Now, I do believe I should speak to Their Majesties, yes?"

✖✖✖

i'd give up all my fame

6,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Signature Look 250
User Image

Ρɾʗϵ Ǻzɾiϵζ Aliyah Ǻziz

User ImageUser Image

Azriel sat begrudgingly on his cushions, annoyed that the girls had interrupted his time with Drystan. He winced as the eldest of his handmaids, Azmaria, came forward and began tugging an ivory comb roughly through his ponytail. "What were you doing, pirouettes on the windy balcony or something? Your hair is a mess, my Lord.", she 'tsked'. Azriel made a face at her in the mirror, his hair looked the same as it had earlier. It wasn't his fault there was so much that it naturally tangled up when he moved. He sighed as more charms and bells were placed in his hair, it was all a bit over the top.

Azmaria nudged his shoulder playfully while she worked, smirking at him in the mirror. "You and the Valdemarian sure were getting comfy together, my Lord. Do I sense a budding romance in the making?" Azriel's face burned red and he glared at her reflection. "I was merely getting aquatinted with my intended. Making the best of the situation, Azmaria." he retorted crossly. "Ah yes, I understand. But the situation does sound like all those stories of star crossed lovers, does it not, my prince?" "I believe in those stories, love comes first. Not the star crossed scenario-" he whimpered as she twisted a long hairpin into the top layer of his hair to make a bun, she'd made it much tighter than needed. "Tish-tosh Azriel." she hummed, completely ignoring his words. Why on earth was this girl his favorite, again?
                            ~*~*~*~
                            Queen Adela went along towards Drystan and his subordinates, clearly amused with their antics, She clasped Drystan's hand between her own, and smiled happily. "Oh, I do hope you two are getting along. How is Azriel coping, dear? He was oh so nervous earlier, but you seem to be doing just fine, all things considering. I was in the same situation, did you know? Raiden and I were a treaty marriage as well." She stopped her happy chatting and looked up at Drystan almost in a daze, then her face beamed and she patted his cheek. "Raiden, oh Raiden! Look! He almost looks like you did back then!"

The king beckoned for his overly excited wife to return to her throne, shaking his head in embarrassed amusement, and bid Drystan to join them. A few of the guards chuckled good naturedly, obviously used to the Queen's eccentricities. "Pince Drystan, I trust the acquaintances went well?"

User Image
                            User Image
User Image
                                            Ρʀɪɴϲе Dʀʏsтαɴ Toʀvαʟd

i'll spend eternity

✖✖✖

Rather perplexed, Drystan grinned as the Queen took his hand. He nodded a bit as she spoke, wondering if it was anticipation of the occasion, or if she was always this... excitable. She barely allowed him a word in edgewise, leaving him reduced to nodding and smiling as she spoke. "Yes, we are getting along very well, your majesty, thank you. And I do believe that Prince Azriel is doing fairly well." he said, grinning even wider as she patted his cheek. He had to stifle a laugh as she called out to the king, covering it with a small cough.

He followed her back to the throne, sketching a small bow to the king before he spoke. "Ah, yes. I do believe things are going quite well. Though your son and I have only know each other for a short time, from what I can tell I think we are a rather good match." he said, a small smile on his face. He was already beginning to think of Azriel fondly. He could only hope that the other man was thinking of him in the same way. "I am looking forward to the festivities this even. Prince Azriel has informed me that he is going to sing."

{ I think it's a tad too short, but I didn't want to keep you waiting any longer. }

✖✖✖

i'd give up all my fame

6,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Signature Look 250
User Image

Ρɾʗϵ Ǻzɾiϵζ Aliyah Ǻziz

User ImageUser Image

Raiden smiled proudly at Drystan, nodding thoughtfully. "Ah, yes. It was very difficult to convince him to do so, he's been very disagreeable lately. I hope he's been cordial to you, Drystan." His gaze became stern and weary as he spoke of Azriel, apparently having been worn thin by Azriel's attitude about the treaty conditions. "But we have many performances lined up to entertain you and your men this evening. Please, tell them they are welcome to allow themselves to relax, they are welcome guests tonight, as are you. This is a night of greeting and friendship. There is no need for them to try to be intimidating tonight." The king became distracted from his conversation when he noticed Queen Adela had wandered towards Drystan's advisor and was pulling him and a few of Drystan's guards over to a group of Almasdian lords, apparently trying to enact Raiden's words and introduce them herself. "Please excuse her, she doesn't get to play hostess often." he chuckled goodnaturedly.
                            ~*~*~*~
                            Azriel held his stomach in discomfort and tried hard to focus on Azmaria's instructions, but he couldn't. He was rooted to the stool in front of the mirror. He shook his head in shame, looking at her over his shoulder. "I can't do this Azmaria. What if I mess up, or he doesn't like it-" he yelped when the handmaid pinched his arm roughly. "Azriel, what's come over you? I've never seen you get nervous once in all these years. This isn't even a new routine, we've done it times before. For Dukes and Lords and Ladies and Diplomats, countless times. You are always happy to perform." She stepped back and looked at him with her hands crossed haughtily over her chest and gave him a stern look. Azriel's face grew hot and he closed his eyes. "This time... It's personal Azmaria... He isn't just some lord or lady mother wants me to entertain.... He's my betrothed..."

Azmaria sighed and gave the nervous prince the embrace he desperately needed. "You will do marvelously, just like every other time you've performed. Sing it for him, Azriel. Perform only for him, and it will be the best performance of your life." She squeezed his shoulders gently before releasing him, ad Azriel offered her a small smile in thanks. He stood and the other singers joined around him to offer their support. Together they made their way out of the room and headed towards the throne room.

User Image
                            User Image
User Image
                                            Ρʀɪɴϲе Dʀʏsтαɴ Toʀvαʟd

i'll spend eternity

✖✖✖

Drystan could imagine the young Prince being rather disagreeable about the treaty from his attitude earlier. It was no surprise to him that his father expected him to be less than polite to Drystan. From what he could gather, Prince Azriel was something of a spitfire when the occasion called for it. "Oh, I can assure you, Your Majesty, that Azriel has been quite kind to me." he said with a smile on his face. Truthfully, he was quite attracted to the Almasdian Prince, as little as he knew him, and couldn't wait to seen him perform, or to spend more time with him. Drystan had no idea, when he set out from Valdemar, that he would be so pleased with his future husband.

Drystan chuckled good naturedly as the King informed him that his men were welcome to relax and enjoy the entertainment tonight. Indeed, he could see that they were still somewhat uncomfortable in the foreign court, and were trying to pretend they weren't by putting on a rather intimidating show. He shook his head slightly, his attention going back immediately to the king. "Ah, there is nothing to excuse, your majesty. It is good for relations between our countries to have such an enthusiastic hostess involved in such a meeting. And I am certain that Haldor there is enjoying himself very much. Now, if you'll excuse me, your majesty, I'll go and reassure my men that they can relax this fine evening, and enjoy the magnificent entertainment that had been arranged for us." With a short bow, Drystan left the king's presence, and headed back to where his men had gathered.

"Come, now!" he said, slapping Cormac, his second in command, on the back. "What's with all the solemn faces? This is a time to celebrate. Relax, enjoy the show. We are among friends now!"
                                            Cormac grumbled slightly. "Friends who were, not so long ago, sworn enemies, highness. How are we to relax when we were once slaughtering their kinsmen?"
                                            Drystan frowned and shook his head. "Yes, there is some tension, but you need to stop acting like you are going to be attacked at any moment. We are at peace now, act like it." he said sternly, making it clear that it was an order.

Before Cormac could respond, the doors opened, and it was clear the the entertainment for the evening had begun. A wide grin on his face, Drystan sat back, waiting eagerly to see Azriel perform.

✖✖✖
                                            i'd give up all my fame

6,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Signature Look 250
User Image

Ρɾʗϵ Ǻzɾiϵζ Aliyah Ǻziz

User ImageUser Image

On cue, once the doors were thrown open the drums began playing. Azriel began his first verse in time with the drums, him and his group taking steps with each beat, and the girls accenting each with a shake of their tambourines, making their way slowly through the crowd into the center of the room.

Ai nima tasmiya, iyadi rai hoyasma.
                            Ai nima tasmiya, iyai mai yola aa...

The Almasdian's moved to line the walls while the other musicians moved forward, but left a large section of the floor clear for the performers. As he repeated the verse, the girls began to join their own vocals with Azriel's quietly at first. Once they reached the center of the room, the dancers began to move in a slow circle around Azriel, weaving their hips intricately while some passed on their instruments in favor of decorative golden fans.

Mache laiyo omaho solari yayo lama,
                            Mache laiyo omaho solari yayo maya...

They repeated the first verse together once more in that fashion, and the music dropped for a long drawn out pause. Atleast one polite Valdemarian soldier clapped a few times. During that pause, Azriel tried to calm his racing heart and his eyes searched until they landed on Drystan. The drums suddenly picked up much faster than before, and more performers joined in. Some of the girls pulled off the decorative sashes attached to their skirts and began waving them in patterns with the music, the ones with fans threw them into the air in large arches, passing the props between each other. A few palace guards joined the group, brandishing their decorative swords or staffs. The girls fell perfectly in time when they needed to, even with the added distractions, Azriel on the other hand nearly missed his beat trying to tear his gaze from Drystan.

Ai nima tasmiya iyasma,
                            Ai nima tasmiya imaya,

Mache laiyo omaho solari yayo lama,
                            Mache laiyo omaho solari yayo maya...

Ai nima tasmiya iyasma...

Mache laiyoma solari lama,
                            Mache laiyoma solari lama

Here it was, the part he was terrified of. What if Drystan didn't approve? What if he messed up? From the second verse on, his own voice had mingled with the myriad of others around him, but now his voice was to be on full display of his range and capacity. The girls still sang with him, but they really were just background noise now. His voice was all that mattered to carry the song. Azriel took a deep breath and his hand moved to his chest. The music moved to a swell, and Azreil let his voice shine.

Yei mirayi kursa madi,
                            Yei mirayi yasa madi.
                            Nei irai yasa mai-
                            Niya! Niya diye~

He kept repeating the last pair of words, and the girls answered back with the same call as they wove through the crowd. All of the performers put in a last show of their various skills, before everything grew quiet and still, and Azriel got the final verse all to himself.

Ai nima tasmiya...
                            Iyadi rai hoyasma...
                            Ai nima tasmiya...
                            Iyai…

King Raiden and Queen Adela were the first to stand and applaud the performance, and the rest of the guests were quick to follow. The king announced the feast was to begin, and servants brought out large platters of different Almasdian foods. Azriel accepted a goblet of wine as it was offered, and he good-naturedly thanked a few of the lords that came forward to praise him, but he kept looking to Drystan. There were far to many people for him to sense any true reaction from the one whose praise he sought most tonight. His heart was still pounding from nerves and he really just wanted to sit and rest, but he felt obligated to politely thank and speak with anyone that came forward, and all of the guests seemed to want to offer their opinion.

[[ OOC: I hope that al makes sense, it's harder to write out a musical performance than I thought it would be. o.o; ]]

User Image
                            User Image
User Image
                                            Ρʀɪɴϲе Dʀʏsтαɴ Toʀvαʟd

i'll spend eternity

✖✖✖

As soon as the doors opened, Drystan's eyes were immediately drawn to Azriel's presence, almost to the point of ignoring the other performers. He looked magnificent, outshining every other person in the room in Drystan's eyes. And his voice, oh, his voice was angelic. The most beautiful voice he had ever heard, Drystan thought. Perhaps he was blinded by the feelings he was already developing for his betrothed, but it was just possible that Prince Azriel was just that amazing.

Drystan stood and began to applaud as soon as the King and Queen did, joining the rest of the guests in congratulating the Prince and the other dancers on a wonderful performance. As the King announce the feast, his men began to take food from the platters that the servants had brought out, finally relaxed and enjoying themselves. Drystan stood, excusing himself, and when to seek out Azriel, intent on congratulating him and informing him on just how much he enjoyed the show. Finally, he managed to get through the crowd of people surrounding the other Prince.

"Prince Azriel." he said with a bow. "It was an honor to hear you sing today. I must say, I was extremely impressed by your performance. I hope that I will have the good fortune of hearing you again in the future?"

✖✖✖
                                            i'd give up all my fame

6,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Signature Look 250
User Image

Ρɾʗϵ Ǻzɾiϵζ Aliyah Ǻziz

User ImageUser Image

Azriel's heart jumped in his chest when Drystan appeared as his next admirer. "I-I would gladly perform again, whenever you like, Prince Drystan!" He said, almost too excitedly, and a few of the other nobles laughed at the mildly improper slip up. A few of the women went to leave the pair alone, dragging their unknowing husbands along with them, but more stayed to watch curiously.Azriel blushed sheepishly, and turned when he saw Azmaria moving toward the group, leading a pair of servants with more wine and other foods.

"Come now, everyone will get a chance to visit with him, but let's let the Prince rest a bit." She clapped a bit and made shooing motions with her hands, and was rewarded with a few unpleasant looks, but they complied and moved on. Azriel let out a relieved breath and thanked Azmaria. "Have a rest and relax, Azriel. This is your party you don't have to push yourself." She turned to Drystan and gave him an appraising once over with slightly narrowed eyes. "Come, I've had an area set off to the side for you two. You must be uncomfortable with this many people Azriel."

"A little bit, yes..." He'd been fine with the adrenaline rush from performing, but now that that was gone he was beginning to feel the affects of being in the crowd. Everyone had smiles on their faces, but quite a few of them weren't truly genuine. Many of the nobles were still against the marriage, even though he himself was growing more accustomed to the idea the more time he spent with Drystan. It was a little dizzying, having the crowd split between jubial emotion and downright hate.

Azmaria lead the pair to a small alcove to the right a bit behind where his parents thrones sat. He used this little sitting room often when he wanted a little privacy during his mother's parties. It was a small semicircular room, with mounds of cushions and pillows instead of chairs as Azriel preferred, and sheer curtains. For tonight Azmaria had added a low table covered in platters of fruits and vegetables, spiced meats, and breads and cheeses. Azriel squeezed his maids hand in thanks, and she left the two alone.

Azriel sat comfortably amid the cushions, clearly happy that he could finally relax and eat something. He chose a golden pear and took a large bite before looking up at Drystan still standing there. "Come sit with me, no one will think it improper. No one ever comes back here when mother entertains. Do you smoke?" He indicated a large decorative glass hookah, already lit and ready to use. Azriel took up one of the two hoses and drew in a deep drag from the mouthpiece. He let out the flavored smoke slowly, and sighed quietly. "Sometimes, this is the only way to drown everything out..."

[[ OOC: ]]

User Image
                            User Image
User Image
                                            Ρʀɪɴϲе Dʀʏsтαɴ Toʀvαʟd

i'll spend eternity

✖✖✖

Drystan stifled a small laugh at Azriel's reaction to his praise, pleased that his wish could cause him to be so excited. Somehow, it was thrilling to know that his opinion meant so much to the other man. He barely noticed as the some of people surrounding them left, and some stayed, having eyes only for his betrothed. He grinned as the other man blushed, finding it rather attractive.

Just as he was beginning to notice the people surrounding them, and finding it rather irksome, a woman he had never met, who must be Azriel's servant, approached them, shooing away the onlookers. He was quite grateful for it, and was about to thank her when she gave him a rather intimidating look, which shut his mouth for him. He could tell, this was someone who's bad side he didn't want to get on.

Silently, he followed the two to a small space behind the thrones, uncomfortably aware of the amount of tension in the room, and grateful to be able to get away from it. He watched as the servant left, having a feeling he would be getting to know her more in the future.

Drystan sat down on the cushions next to Azriel when he was invited, smiling warmly, fairly comfortable but still a little bit awkward with that custom of sitting on cushions and not on furniture. He reached forward and took one of the fruits that looked like something he was accustomed to. "I've smoked before, but not like that." he said, looking rather wonderingly at the strange device. "We do it rather differently in Valdemar. I'll have to show you sometime." He nodded as he watched the other inhale, reaching forward to take the other mouthpiece. "I can understand that." he said, just before he inhaled deeply. Coughing rather harshly, he said, "This is really different than what we use is Valdemar." Rather determined, he inhaled once more, this time only coughing a little. "But I can see the appeal."

Curious, he asked a question that had been on his mind since he had seen her."Who was that girl? The one who lead us here? You seemed very familiar with her." Not that he was jealous of their apparently close relationship, or anything of the sort. He was just curious to know who his betrothed had as friends, and who he would be bringing with him.

✖✖✖
                                            i'd give up all my fame

6,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Signature Look 250
User Image

Ρɾʗϵ Ǻzɾiϵζ

User ImageUser Image

Azriel smiled at Drystan as he tried to get comfortable in the unusual seating arrangement. He simply lounged back easily, reaching back for his cup of wine and sipping it slowly. Drystan looked amusingly curious at the odd pipe sitting between them. He opened his mouth to warn that his were usually made strong, but he wasn't fast enough. Drystan took a deep, fast breath, and immediately started hacking. Azriel couldn't help but break into a fit of laughter. It seemed so like Drystan to try to be a pro in one try. "I also take mine fairly strong! I tried to warn you-" he gasped and tried to catch his breath, and tossed a small pillow playfully at his companion. "Try it slowly, and don't breath so deep. You have to grow accustomed to it. And try to cut the smoke with your tongue," He opened his mouth and pressed his tongue to the roof of his mouth, and tapped on his lip to indicate what he meant. "It won't be so harsh." He took another small sip of wine, before taking up his own pipe again.

Azriel looked up from his pipe at the seemingly random question. "Hn? Oh, that's Azmaria. She is my handmaid." He made a vague gesture at all of the trinkets and decorations on his person. "All of this is her work." He smiled and toyed with one of the bracelets on his arm. "She's been with me as long as I can remember, almost like a sister. She knows better than I do sometimes, what I need. Anything at all, she will do it for me in a heartbeat. I don't know what I'd do without her, honestly... I certainly won't be as pretty a bride." he tried to joke, but it went a bit flat. He hadn't quite gotten around to thinking about what he'd do when he had to leave. He glanced at Drystan, noticing the odd way he was looking at him. "Might you be jealous of her, Drystan?" he teased with a coy look and a drag on his pipe.

[[ OOC: I'll do Azmaria before class tomorrow and probably touch up Azriel a bit. Sorry it took a bit, I had to write a paper. ]]

User Image
                            User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas