• Signature Look 250
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
The20
Acidma
The20
Acidma
The20
There has to be a separate 2x2 pin connector on the motherboard.
Can you post the model name/number of the PSU and motherboard you have?

Hm, yes, can you make a picture of the motherboard with as less stuff obstructing it as possible?
Edit: PSU would be good, too. I don't need the HDD cables though.

Also, just noticed, where did you connect the 2 Peripheral 4 Pin to?

Hard Drive and Optical Drive. I also did actually connect the 2x2 pin for the CPU.

The PSU is a Thermaltake TR2 600W. Motherboard is Intel D101GCC.

Pics, without power supply since the cords obstruct view.
How did a 20 pin connector fit into a 24 pin socket?
Anyways, what were those 12V 4+4 pins connected to? The board should use the 20/24 pin for the 12V connection and the only other thing i know using 12V are fans.

There was just a 20 Pin Connector, I can take a picture of this as well.

The 12v 4+4 Pin is connected to the circled part, because the PSU lets me split it to a single 4 Pin connector.
What's the color from the cables of the smaller part of the 20+4 connector (The 4 pin basically) and what's the colors of the cables from the 2 12V things?

On a side note, you may want to use a different color for highlighting next time, a bright red or blue or something.

I bet the solution is something really simple we just completely overlook now ...

Left Right
Yellow Red
Red Black

For The Smaller 12 V connector

Black Black
Yellow Yellow

Its not working with the old power supply, so I would guess its slightly more complicated.
Acidma
The20
Acidma
The20
Acidma
The20
There has to be a separate 2x2 pin connector on the motherboard.
Can you post the model name/number of the PSU and motherboard you have?

Hm, yes, can you make a picture of the motherboard with as less stuff obstructing it as possible?
Edit: PSU would be good, too. I don't need the HDD cables though.

Also, just noticed, where did you connect the 2 Peripheral 4 Pin to?

Hard Drive and Optical Drive. I also did actually connect the 2x2 pin for the CPU.

The PSU is a Thermaltake TR2 600W. Motherboard is Intel D101GCC.

Pics, without power supply since the cords obstruct view.
Anyways, what were those 12V 4+4 pins connected to? The board should use the 20/24 pin for the 12V connection and the only other thing i know using 12V are fans.

The 12v 4+4 Pin is connected to the circled part, because the PSU lets me split it to a single 4 Pin connector.
What's the color from the cables of the smaller part of the 20+4 connector (The 4 pin basically) and what's the colors of the cables from the 2 12V things?

On a side note, you may want to use a different color for highlighting next time, a bright red or blue or something.

I bet the solution is something really simple we just completely overlook now ...

Left Right
Yellow Red
Red Black

Black Black
Yellow Yellow

Its not working with the old power supply, so I would guess its slightly more complicated.
I've been sitting over a computer from a friend for half an hour once because he connected the floppy power connector to one of the connectors for the fans on the motherboard. Thing wouldn't start even though the power led was clearly on. Checked every cable trice, but never noticed that extra cable that shouldn't have been there ...

Ok, i thought the +4 pin from the 20 pin was supposed to go in the separate 4 pin, but that was wrong (misinterpreted Wikipedia).

Did you touch any cables on the motherboard aside from IDE/SATA and the PSU cables?

If all else fails disconnect the computer from the wall plug and take out the BIOS battery. Leave it out for at least 5 minutes, then put it back in. That should reset the BIOS. I really see no reason why this should work, but it helped me once after the computer didn't want to start anymore after i swapped HDDs, so yeah ...

Aged Lunatic

8,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
The20
Acidma
The20
Acidma
The20

Left Right
Yellow Red
Red Black

Black Black
Yellow Yellow

I've been sitting over a computer from a friend for half an hour once because he connected the floppy power connector to one of the connectors for the fans on the motherboard. Thing wouldn't start even though the power led was clearly on. Checked every cable trice, but never noticed that extra cable that shouldn't have been there ...

Ok, i thought the +4 pin from the 20 pin was supposed to go in the separate 4 pin, but that was wrong (misinterpreted Wikipedia).

Did you touch any cables on the motherboard aside from IDE/SATA and the PSU cables?

If all else fails disconnect the computer from the wall plug and take out the BIOS battery. Leave it out for at least 5 minutes, then put it back in. That should reset the BIOS. I really see no reason why this should work, but it helped me once after the computer didn't want to start anymore after i swapped HDDs, so yeah ...

The only cables outside of the PSU cables in my computer are the IDE cables for the HDD and Optical Drives, the connectors for two fans, and three small two hole connectors that say Power LED, Power SW, and HDD LED, which aren't connected to the motherboard, other then that, there are no more cables within my computer that aren't the PSU.
Acidma
The20
Acidma
The20
Acidma
The20

Left Right
Yellow Red
Red Black

Black Black
Yellow Yellow

The only cables outside of the PSU cables in my computer are the IDE cables for the HDD and Optical Drives, the connectors for two fans, and three small two hole connectors that say Power LED, Power SW, and HDD LED, which aren't connected to the motherboard, other then that, there are no more cables within my computer that aren't the PSU.
Power SW has to be connected to the motherboard if you want to turn on the computer.

Aged Lunatic

8,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
The20
Acidma
The20
Acidma
The20

Left Right
Yellow Red
Red Black

Black Black
Yellow Yellow

Power SW has to be connected to the motherboard if you want to turn on the computer.

Certain order? Because the way I connected it before it just made the Power button LED light turn on.
Acidma
The20
Acidma
The20
Acidma
The20

Left Right
Yellow Red
Red Black

Black Black
Yellow Yellow

Certain order? Because the way I connected it before it just made the Power button LED light turn on.
It is the connection between the motherboard and the button. If you don't connect the button it cannot send any signal to the motherboard. Of course you can also switch that and the reset switch (had to do that with a friends computer because the power button was fubar.)

Aged Lunatic

8,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
The20
Acidma
The20
Acidma
The20

It is the connection between the motherboard and the button. If you don't connect the button it cannot send any signal to the motherboard. Of course you can also switch that and the reset switch (had to do that with a friends computer because the power button was fubar.)

Yeah, that just about did it, I hear the fans moving, and can open the optical drive. Now when I connect it to the computer it won't display though, nor will it power USB devices. I think it might have just been someone took the computer apart or something, and didn't place things back as it should have.
Acidma
The20
Acidma
The20
Acidma
The20

Yeah, that just about did it, I hear the fans moving, and can open the optical drive. Now when I connect it to the computer it won't display though, nor will it power USB devices. I think it might have just been someone took the computer apart or something, and didn't place things back as it should have.
Back USB ports or front/top/wherever your case has them?
In all but the first case you need to connect cables for them. There are so many cables that have to be connected to the motherboard it ain't funny anymore.

Edit: you should look into that whole mess anyways. If you want to replace the mainboard you'll need it. Things you absolutely need to connect:
- Power cables (obviously)
- IDE and/or SATA cables
- the Power SWitch
- Fans

Things that you should or may want to connect:
- Power LED
- Reset SWitch
- Speaker (Not the speakers on your desk, the little one that only makes annoying noises inside the case)
- USB-ports in the case.

That's all i remember from the top of my head, but i'm tired and cannot afford to sleep yet.

Aged Lunatic

8,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
The20
Acidma
The20
Acidma
The20

Back USB ports or front/top/wherever your case has them?
In all but the first case you need to connect cables for them. There are so many cables that have to be connected to the motherboard it ain't funny anymore.

Edit: you should look into that whole mess anyways. If you want to replace the mainboard you'll need it. Things you absolutely need to connect:
- Power cables (obviously)
- IDE and/or SATA cables
- the Power SWitch
- Fans

Things that you should or may want to connect:
- Power LED
- Reset SWitch
- Speaker (Not the speakers on your desk, the little one that only makes annoying noises inside the case)
- USB-ports in the case.

That's all i remember from the top of my head, but i'm tired and cannot afford to sleep yet.

I have one USB on the front, and 4 in the rear one of them works, but only provides a little bit of power, as my wireless receiver just blinks instead of stay on for a longer period of time. I don't think this computer has a reset switch, the Audio goes on another side near the PCI card, apparently there is only one connector for the USB ports, but two slots to choose from.

Sorry about your lack of sleep. Hate not being able to sleep.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff