Welcome to Gaia! ::

Quotable Codger

Heartlesswithaheart
Weird West Horror
Heartlesswithaheart
Weird West Horror
RlNNY
ℜinny says: Ash would lose, he doesn't know s**t about pokemon battles. He just cheats.
Ash has 46 badges and has beaten multiple legendaries. More than Red has.

The only badges he got 'unfairly' were a few in Kanto. He's won the vast majority fair and square, and has competed in far more battles than Red has.

Following canon, Red has actually captured, or at least defeated, the three legendary birds, as well as conquered Mewtwo. Try capturing them in Gold and Silver without trading if you want proof. Red has also been unable to obtain any more than eight badges because of his desire to stay in a mountain for three years. Take a look at Team Rocket, by the way. Notice how Red took them out while Ash is currently unable to do so?

Thunder Armour is not a move.
I like how you excuse Red's lack of badges because of his lack of desire to obtain them, but you blame Ash's never taking down Team Rocket as his inability to do so.

And ingenuity isn't cheating. The ref of the gym battle would've called it for cheating if it had been.

Correct. Red does not desire to obtain the badges because he has no need for them. Ash, on the other hand, would have a huge burden lifted if he didn't have to kick Team Rocket's a** every other episode. What would the badges do for Red? Give him more items for flash whenever someone climbs up Mt. Silver?

Using a move that doesn't exist might as well be cheating. It also proves that Ash lacks the skill to win normally and has to use moves that don't legally exist, which is essentially cheating, in order to win.
>legally exist

Do you even see what you're typing right now? I'm sorry, I was unaware there was a rule in any battle regulations that restricted the use of freshly invented strategies or moves.

Oh wait, there's not, because if there was, the gym leaders would've known about it.

Quotable Codger

Also Ash has shown on several occasions that he doesn't really give a s**t what Team Rocket does. Defeating them is not an objective for him.
Weird West Horror
Heartlesswithaheart
Weird West Horror
Heartlesswithaheart
Weird West Horror
RlNNY
ℜinny says: Ash would lose, he doesn't know s**t about pokemon battles. He just cheats.
Ash has 46 badges and has beaten multiple legendaries. More than Red has.

The only badges he got 'unfairly' were a few in Kanto. He's won the vast majority fair and square, and has competed in far more battles than Red has.

Following canon, Red has actually captured, or at least defeated, the three legendary birds, as well as conquered Mewtwo. Try capturing them in Gold and Silver without trading if you want proof. Red has also been unable to obtain any more than eight badges because of his desire to stay in a mountain for three years. Take a look at Team Rocket, by the way. Notice how Red took them out while Ash is currently unable to do so?

I like how you excuse Red's lack of badges because of his lack of desire to obtain them, but you blame Ash's never taking down Team Rocket as his inability to do so.

And ingenuity isn't cheating. The ref of the gym battle would've called it for cheating if it had been.

Correct. Red does not desire to obtain the badges because he has no need for them. Ash, on the other hand, would have a huge burden lifted if he didn't have to kick Team Rocket's a** every other episode. What would the badges do for Red? Give him more items for flash whenever someone climbs up Mt. Silver?

Using a move that doesn't exist might as well be cheating. It also proves that Ash lacks the skill to win normally and has to use moves that don't legally exist, which is essentially cheating, in order to win.
>legally exist

Do you even see what you're typing right now? I'm sorry, I was unaware there was a rule in any battle regulations that restricted the use of freshly invented strategies or moves.

Oh wait, there's not, because if there was, the gym leaders would've known about it.

Very well, then. Load up whatever copy of Pokémon you own and use Thunder Armour. Or perhaps you can take down a Rhydon with Thunderbolt by aiming for the horn? Or maybe you can get an Onix wet so you can hurt it with Thundershock?
If Ash were battling on Red's ground, he would be crushed in no time. If Red were battling on Ash's ground, Red would still win. He has proven he has skill beyond anyone bar Emerald in the manga.
To anyone who notices this argument and wishes to flame us: Pokémon is serious business. Just like how Red's mom did something to his SNES and replaced it with a Wii.

Quotable Codger

Heartlesswithaheart
Weird West Horror
Heartlesswithaheart
Weird West Horror
Heartlesswithaheart

>legally exist

Very well, then. Load up whatever copy of Pokémon you own and use Thunder Armour. Or perhaps you can take down a Rhydon with Thunderbolt by aiming for the horn? Or maybe you can get an Onix wet so you can hurt it with Thundershock?
If Ash were battling on Red's ground, he would be crushed in no time. If Red were battling on Ash's ground, Red would still win. He has proven he has skill beyond anyone bar Emerald in the manga.
We're not talking about manga Red. We're talking about games Red.

And for the record, Ash isn't the only character to have won his fights by being creative. You're saying Ash is cheating because the battle system of the games isn't as expansive as what could be done in a real life situation?

Quit whining about how smart Ash is.

And by the way, Pikachu didn't beat Regice with creativity. Brandon's Regice was beaten because Pikachu was stronger and faster. That's it.

So even without Ash's damn clever strategies, his Pikachu is at least strong enough to beat a trio-tier legendary on its own.
Red wins because he actually is a Pokemon master while Ash just kinda lets the good pokemon get away. I think anyways

Quotable Codger

Osiris622
Red wins because he actually is a Pokemon master while Ash just kinda lets the good pokemon get away. I think anyways
Not entirely true.

Ash only captures Pokemon who want to be captured. Red's more of a d**k about it.
Weird West Horror
Heartlesswithaheart
Weird West Horror
Heartlesswithaheart
Weird West Horror
Heartlesswithaheart

>legally exist

And for the record, Ash isn't the only character to have won his fights by being creative. You're saying Ash is cheating because the battle system of the games isn't as expansive as what could be done in a real life situation?

And by the way, Pikachu didn't beat Regice with creativity. Brandon's Regice was beaten because Pikachu was stronger and faster. That's it.

So even without Ash's damn clever strategies, his Pikachu is at least strong enough to beat a trio-tier legendary on its own.

Manga and game Red is pretty much the same thing. Aside from that, you appear to be brushing aside my comments while supporting yours. Well, I suppose I'll still take it. Though the manga is the only thing that allows Red to battle outside of game mechanics. However, if you do not accept manga Red, then this is a draw in everything but opinion, as we have no idea how video game Red will fight outside of the mechanics.

What I'm saying about his fighting style is that it breaks anything Red can do because of the game's restrictions. If Ash were to fight Red on Red's ground, Ash wouldn't be able to use any creativity at all. None.

Smart? He kept his Metapod in against another Metapod when his Pikachu was perfectly healthy and even sunbathing with Misty. However, I would say he goes more with what his gut tells him to do.

Oh, I'm not doubting that. Pikachu can very easily defeat legendaries. However, what if Pikachu is unable to dodge? What if Red's Pokémon are able to dodge?
Weird West Horror
Osiris622
Not entirely true.

Ash only captures Pokemon who want to be captured. Red's more of a d**k about it.

Yeah I guess I can see that but I mean he also lets go Pokemon that don't entirely wanna go or doesn't come back for 'em. I.E. Charizard was suppose to be training and he would come back but never did. He forcible tried to make Pikachu leave once. To me the only justified release I remember was Pidgeot and Butterfree.

edit: I ment forcibly instead of forcible sweatdrop

Quotable Codger

Heartlesswithaheart
Weird West Horror
Heartlesswithaheart
Weird West Horror
Heartlesswithaheart

>legally exist

Manga and game Red is pretty much the same thing. Aside from that, you appear to be brushing aside my comments while supporting yours. Well, I suppose I'll still take it. Though the manga is the only thing that allows Red to battle outside of game mechanics. However, if you do not accept manga Red, then this is a draw in everything but opinion, as we have no idea how video game Red will fight outside of the mechanics.

What I'm saying about his fighting style is that it breaks anything Red can do because of the game's restrictions. If Ash were to fight Red on Red's ground, Ash wouldn't be able to use any creativity at all. None.

Smart? He kept his Metapod in against another Metapod when his Pikachu was perfectly healthy and even sunbathing with Misty. However, I would say he goes more with what his gut tells him to do.

Oh, I'm not doubting that. Pikachu can very easily defeat legendaries. However, what if Pikachu is unable to dodge? What if Red's Pokémon are able to dodge?
I like how you use an example of Ash's intelligence from the very, very, very beginning of his journey, rather than current Ash's knowledge of Pokemon, which include total mastery over type advantage and expansive knowledge of Pokemon abilities.

He used Heracross (double super effective) against Tobias' Darkrai. Given, it lost, but that still shows he's learned a lot.

Quotable Codger

Osiris622
Weird West Horror
Osiris622
Not entirely true.

Yeah I guess I can see that but I mean he also lets go Pokemon that don't entirely wanna go or doesn't come back for 'em. I.E. Charizard was suppose to be training and he would come back but never did. He forcible tried to make Pikachu leave once. To me the only justified release I remember was Pidgeot and Butterfree.

Charizard comes to help Ash every now and then.

Quotable Codger

For the record, Red's training couldn't have done much for him, considering a kid beat him without training for three years, or even having a rival that pushed him as hard as Blue/Green would've.
Weird West Horror
Heartlesswithaheart
Weird West Horror
Heartlesswithaheart
Weird West Horror
Heartlesswithaheart

>legally exist

I like how you use an example of Ash's intelligence from the very, very, very beginning of his journey, rather than current Ash's knowledge of Pokemon, which include total mastery over type advantage and expansive knowledge of Pokemon abilities.

He used Heracross (double super effective) against Tobias' Darkrai. Given, it lost, but that still shows he's learned a lot.

I am fully aware he has gained a brain somewhere in his adventure. Why did you think I said he goes with his gut instinct instead of just calling him an idiot? He no longer does completely stupid moves, but he isn't exactly a genius in battling. Unlike Red.

As for the Heracross, the fact that it lost against something that it clearly had an advantage over is saying something. Still, since it is a Darkrai, I'll accept it as nothing more than what would happen to anyone who didn't make it use a Choice Scarf or ResTalk. I'm not sure how Dark Void works in the anime, so this one goes to you.
Weird West Horror
Osiris622
Weird West Horror
Osiris622
Not entirely true.

Charizard comes to help Ash every now and then.

Yeah but that's just friendship bond magic sense haha

Malevolent Phantom

Weird West Horror
Heartlesswithaheart
Weird West Horror
Heartlesswithaheart
Weird West Horror
Heartlesswithaheart

>legally exist

You know, the anime beyond the first 5 seasons can't really be used as a viable source since Ash's knowledge and and Pikachu's power have been reset at the beginning of every season since then.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff