Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hello everyone. This is Lights and I write. Amazing isn't it. Originally I was going to do a regular novel (which turned into a possible visual novel) with a offline friend (UrikoHimura on Deviant ART) but the more I thought about it the more I felt that with a web comic more people can view it without downloading.

I will be talking to her soon (today or tomorrow) about this since some character's are jointly owned. Since she is usually busy with school and her own life (while I more or less lack both) any help I'm sure on the web comic would be appreciated.

I am looking for a artist who has samples of either fantasy, urban fantasy, or original anime style artwork. Also I am looking for someone to bounce around ideas with. I don't have much money so I will not be able to pay. This potential comic was made more or less for fun and experience.

Overall the story is somewhat futuristic (better technology and about 50-60 years in the future), mixture of fantasy in a modern setting (dragons and other realms)

The storyline in a nut shell: Soon to be 18 years old, Cassandra Holloway never experience the paranormal until her grandfather (Ziv Daiku) who she never met summoned her to Ranceford, California. About a day before she got on the plane from Detroit to Ranceford she was introduced to a demonic person (Isaac Ellsworth) which for some odd reason got his soul seperated from his still living body. He is still trying to take over the realms and asks for her assistence.

Once in Ranceford, she quickly meets a eccentric band of characters- Royce Davidson (a bound to her insane Exiled Death Guardian aka Grim Reaper), a hyperactive fainting teenage dragon named Theodore 'Ted' Geir, and the only survivor of those who crashed her coming of age party Keita Tsukino.

Strange things happen in that metropolis and with her grandfather the only human on the council she is naturally charged with keeping the peace between the multitude of races. All Cassie (Cassandra) wants is to go to college.

As of this moment it will probably be long term and I would like some backup pages to post up at least once a week. For the art style I would prefer color but black and white is suitable.

Unfortunately I do not have much up yet (online at least) for the dialog though once I do I will edit this post. Some details are in the journals on my DA account.

You can contact me here, via PM, YIM (lightsgreattree) or through my primary email: lightsgreattree@gmail.com

My apologies for not putting up the dialogue yet.
Unfortunately, you're constricting the amount of help offers you're going to receive, with your strict parameters. Another thing, you have to shorten your body of text when posting in forums. Most people don't have the attention span to even finish reading a request if it's too long.

8,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Brandisher 100
A-TypicalPityParade
Unfortunately, you're constricting the amount of help offers you're going to receive, with your strict parameters. Another thing, you have to shorten your body of text when posting in forums. Most people don't have the attention span to even finish reading a request if it's too long.

To be frank, someone with a such a short attention span that can't even read one post isn't someone that is best for a longterm project like a webcomic anyway.
Seijaku_Ishida
A-TypicalPityParade

To be frank, someone with a such a short attention span that can't even read one post isn't someone that is best for a longterm project like a webcomic anyway.

No, that's not always the case. Some people like to get into the project, rather than read a two-page spiel about it (pardon me OP, I'm intentionally making it into a hyperbole- Not trying to offend you) What I'm saying is, it wouldn't be a bad Idea to condense it a little.
as usual i type before i think. sorry for the long post. just wanted to get things across. anyway thanks for the heads up for future posts.
Actually, I think this post was an appropriate length. You included the plot, the characters, what you expect in the art, whether or not there would compensation, as well as how to contact you. There are far too many posts that do not include this information, leading to a lot of confusion for possible collaborators.
I noticed that before I made the topic post. so many writers (and a few artists) put somewhat vague information and people criticise that. I actually wanted some decent responses so i put as much information as i could to get the idea across. anyway, thank you for responding. Does anyone know a good place to put a web comic (or some site where i can get inspiration).
I find that Smackjeeves is a good place for posting and reading webcomics.
A River in Egypt
I find that Smackjeeves is a good place for posting and reading webcomics.

Okay I'll check it out. As you all probably noticed I'm way over my head.

6,700 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Pretty interesting story. Can't wait till you post more up. ~ I'll make you fan artz. Lol

Also, the main character is from Detroit which is totally awesome cause I live in the D!! xD
Blueruby127
Pretty interesting story. Can't wait till you post more up. ~ I'll make you fan artz. Lol

Also, the main character is from Detroit which is totally awesome cause I live in the D!! xD

Suburbs (close to 8 mile) of detroit for me. Might ask a true person who lives there more details. Okay sure. I'll post some pictures up.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff