Welcome to Gaia! ::

Guild is here.

WE START AUGUST 15TH.

Foxgirl Kira had an idea for a comics study group awhile back, and while it didn't work out, I think the basic idea of doing a study group on this forum wasn't a bad one.

I found the book while I was cleaning my room. I never got through it, partially out of laziness and partially because the book really works best when people go through it together.

Anyone else interested in working through the book?

I'm glad to see there's a lot of interest! Now I have to figure out what to do beyond that.

People who don't have the book can join in, but you're limited to what can be found for free on the official website dw-wp.com, but I strongly encourage everyone to buy the book.

Now, questions-

Should we use this thread for the group or should we get a forum or a Gaia guild or something?

Does anyone have experience teaching comics or otherwise who would be willing to lead the group. I can and was planning to lead the group, but if I'm leading everything's going to be straight out of the book.

When should we start and what should deadlines be? I was thinking we could start in a week and give anyone else who wants to join and hasn't seen the thread and let anyone who wants to order the book have it on the start date. I'd like to treat the course like an online class, with assignments due weekly. Obviously there's no penalty for late turn-ins, but I'd like to keep the group moving. I don't want to wait too long to start or people might lose interest.

We start August 15th! Homework for chapter 1 is due August 18th so we have time for discussion.

Stellar Star

24,975 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
Well, sure, it always sounds good. I have month pretty much empty, for I am job hunting. Can do something more productive while online than lecturing kids to get off my e-lawn.

Dangerous Capitalist

7,650 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
I don't have the book, but I would love to participate. I haven't done an actual comic page in a while, and I'd like to practice.
Im actually working through this book right now. I'd be happy to join!

8,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Brandisher 100
I think Raaan who does The End is already part of a webcomics study group.

Aha, found it: here
That looks like a really good resource, but I'm looking for people who want to work through DWWP specifically.

People who don't have the book won't get the information from the lessons, but they can still work on the homework assignments and use any other information found on dw-wp.com , but I'd strongly encourage people who are interested to buy the book.

Shameless Nerd

9,500 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
I've already gone through it unfortunately but I would like to go ahead and recommend this awesome book and encourage everyone to join in because this is a great idea.
heart i support this O^_^O
I want to join in, but I don't own the book ;^__^
I'm glad to see there's a lot of interest! Now I have to figure out what to do beyond that.

People who don't have the book can join in, but you're limited to what can be found for free on the official website dw-wp.com, but I strongly encourage everyone to buy the book.

Now, questions-

Should we use this thread for the group or should we get a forum or a Gaia guild or something?

Does anyone have experience teaching comics or otherwise who would be willing to lead the group. I can and was planning to lead the group, but if I'm leading everything's going to be straight out of the book.

When should we start and what should deadlines be? I was thinking we could start in a week and give anyone else who wants to join and hasn't seen the thread and let anyone who wants to order the book have it on the start date. I'd like to treat the course like an online class, with assignments due weekly. Obviously there's no penalty for late turn-ins, but I'd like to keep the group moving. I don't want to wait too long to start or people might lose interest.

I'm going to put this in the OP too.

Shadowy Phantom

I think a guild would be better, so you can have multiple threads on the different chapters. Easier to read through for reference, and if people join up later, it's easier to read when it's organised.

Dapper Dabbler

8,250 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
This is interesting. I'll have to get the book later.
Seijaku_Ishida
I think Raaan who does The End is already part of a webcomics study group.

Aha, found it: here

I used to be part of that study group, and I think it is basically dead (at least the Eastern time zone group is, Europe and Pacific time zones may be still active).

Stellar Star

24,975 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
Guild sounds nice,
I hoped my library had a copy inside their archives, but it has been out for over two months. Will most likely have to go with free content that is on their webpage.
I like the guild idea and going about it chapter by chapter. We could keep an advertisment here so anyone new can find it easier. But I don't think we can keep this up an going just for that. >_>

Anyway; I have a dead guild we could use I can change the name and all that and give ownership to the leader of the disscussion.

Besides, I have a little title page thing already made that isn't doing anything ha
ha ha... sweatdrop

O^_^O

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas