Welcome to Gaia! ::

Okay, so i noticed that this forum has been totally taken over by mis-placed posts. And i know that this is a deadhorse topic, but wth.

Do you guys remember what your first drawing was? Why did you continue to draw or paint or make art, anyway? What drives you do try and improve your skill level??? What do you aspire to do with your art?

---- I don't know why i draw anymore D: I guess i wake up in the morning and go "why not?" and just keep at it

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
im sure my first drawing with aither a scribble or a dragon. i cant remember but since dragons have always been my favorite thing to draw im going to go with that as my answer

i draw because i enjoy it, sometimes i just draw to relieve stress but for the most part its just because i enjoy scribbling lines on paper

and i dont have much of a drive for improving. i would like to get better but i dont feel the need to get better. i still study from life and things but as soon as it feels like work and stops being fun i stop doing it

Tipsy Businesswoman

4,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Contributor 150
My first drawing was a bunch of scribbles in Kindergarten. Does that count?

I didn't start drawing anime/manga until 2 years ago, because my friends were all trying to draw in the style, and it was becoming competitive between us about who was the best at it. So I started, I guess. Worked so hard, too crying because I was so determined. I was and still am a competitive person and I didn't want to lose or miss out on the fun.

Now though, I draw because it's one of my hobbies, and I'm always looking for new ways to improve. The competitions/rivalries have sort of melted away, and I just enjoy drawing.
I don't remember the first thing I drew. My parents aren't artistic (well, my Dad does a bit of photography and writing, but it's not in any serious sense - much to his disappointment) but we had pens, playdough, etc... around all the time, and they were happy to help with daft projects (like making a cardboard train.) I remember for ages we had a page of circular coloured blobs in poster paint beside the bathroom. And I drew a lot. I guess I just found it entertaining. (And my parents found it kept me quiet.)

User Image

Little Frothy has no eyebrows.

Lonely Friend

7,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Flatterer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
I don't recal my first drawing because it was so long ago. I draw because I love to do it. It is fun to do and its a great way to express myself.

4,800 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
My first drawing...I don't quite remember, but my parents used to post up a huge roll of paper on the wall of our house (we lived in Korea at the time), placed crayons, markers and colored pencils on the ground and let me go. I drew everything from trees to trains and animals. I remember that I drew a dog and I gave it four legs in side profile instead of two. Of course, my sister and her friend thought it looked odd and my excuse was that dogs had four legs. xD

I've been drawing for most of my childhood, but middle school was the time I discovered anime. Specifically, when we had that pokemon craze. I tried to draw in the manga style, failed at it miserably (and oblivious to that fact). Junior high was when I discovered that I had to do more than just doodle deformed cartoon characters. I became very serious around that time, and, to my mother's surprise (I'm the type that loses interest really fast. =), I kept at it and I haven't stopped since. Another reason was because my sister was one of those studious kinds that somehow seemed to be good at EVERYTHING. (Damn Valedictorians...), except for art. So, I chose to beat her by excelling in art.

Kekai Kotaki...my idol. Seriously, he has some kickass art. Simply put, I want to be a Concept Artist.
Well my first drawing? I don't really remember but the first cartoon-ish drawing was one of the power puff girls XD The reason why I draw, to simply say that I love doing it, it relieves my stress and sends me off into a different world where I can just be myself. (The reason why I absolutely hate drawing in public... well seriously at least since I doodle at class a lot) sweatdrop
in a way for me drawing is like therapy, it keeps me sane
Frothy Crema

That's you? You were adorable! > u <

On Topic: I have no idea what my first drawing was. I draw because most of my life I've been told I'm good at it and I think 'Stick to what you're best at' rings true. Of course that's not to say don't try other things. Just makes life easier is all.
Simple.

The act of creation excites me.
Had this whole thing typed out as to why I create art, but deleted it. I guess I could come up with a million reasons... The reasons change from day to day. But it's just part of my nature. There is nothing else besides art.
I really don't know what was the first thing I drew. My mother and sister are both artist so I was always around it. I love art and what keep me going is just my love of it. I love see other art and see how far I can push myself.
Frothy Crema

User Image

Little Frothy has no eyebrows.

It's interesting how much your avatar and your picture look alike. razz

My first drawing was probably of a rectangle horse with stick legs and stick hair and a broom tail. rofl After that, I got really serious about art around middle school because my best friend was awesome at animu, and my other best friend (who I liked sad ) liked her instead. It's funny because later I realized she wasn't actually... that great. I do art now because I suck at everything else. biggrin

Dangerous Capitalist

7,650 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
I don't remember my first drawing, but what's pretty clear is that I draw because I love telling stories with pictures.

Invisible Hunter

I remember only that I was butthurt when my mom drew better looking worms than me. I used to draw a lot to keep myself sane, but after the injury in my right hand I'm pretty much unable to draw. (The damage is permanent)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff