Welcome to Gaia! ::

Did anyone have to deal with obnoxious people who didn't read the books during their midnight premiere experience?

Well, when we first got in, they wouldn't shut up about what they were going to major in in college this semester (which told me that they were obviously younger than me.) during the previews.

Throughout the film, they just kept murmuring here and there (though what they were saying was still audible.) about what they found stupid in the show.

During the scene with Neville, they just kept screaming, "OMG NEVILLE. RUN. RUN. NEVILLE. RUN."

The time skip scene was coupled with them laughing loudly and going "OH GAWD OH GAWD LOLOLOLLO OH GAWD!"

Then, finally when the credits began rolling, they REALLY pissed me off by going, "DAT WAS STOOPID. DAT WAS STOOPID."

I couldn't take it, anymore. I could care less if they didn't like it. It was the issue of that they came to the MIDNIGHT PREMIERE and did all of this crap. Now, everyone knows that HP started off as a NOVEL SERIES. THERE ARE BOOK-ONLY FANS. Now, if you obviously didn't read the books, WHY WOULD YOU COME TO THE MIDNIGHT. PREMIERE? WHERE ALL OF THE HARDCORE FANS GO? Even more so, why did you come if you weren't even going to enjoy the damn thing and felt the need to talk throughout it? The last book has been out for four years. You could have just as easily looked up the spoilers or found a pirated version online. This is like any other movie today; It's pirated somewhere before it even hits theaters. That's just how it is, today. There are even really good quality pirated movies. There's no excuse for them not being able to just go see the movie during the daylight hours of Friday like most of the movie-only fans were going to do. Then, the final straw? The fact that they had to voice their opinions the entire time. I paid money to see this. My friends paid money to see this. An entire room of people paid money to see this movie. We waited in line for FOUR HOURS just to be seated to make sure that we would get good seats. We waited YEARS for this to be put on the silver screen. Nobody paid money to hear your shitty opinions about a series that you obviously aren't THAT passionately interested in. This is the third midnight premiere in a row that something like this has happened to me.

While we walked behind them I loudly scolded, "YOU KNOW, IF YOU DIDN'T BOTHER READ THE BOOKS THEN YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE CAME TO MIDNIGHT PREMIERE WITH THE TRUE FANS AND BITCHED ABOUT HOW AWFUL THE MOVIE WAS." They didn't turn around until they were half way down the hallway and I flipped them off. They just kept walking and said nothing the entire way out the door. I could care less, too. Had I not been worried about punching one of them in the jaw or getting tossed out, I would have dumped my drink on them during the Neville scene.

My cinema was mostly silent save for the few laughs and sniffles, so we were fortunate.
              I have, for other films, had to suffer obnoxious bastards talking, sometimes about completely unrelated subjects, as though they've come to the cinema for a chat. :/

Midnight showings, despite being supposedly the place for the "hardcore" fans, actually attracts a lot of people who are going to cause disruptions. It's due to the excitement, the atmosphere, and the general feeling that you're allowed, or supposed to pipe up your opinions at them, as most fans, or non-fans do, good or bad.

I'd have said something to them. Unfortunately there's nothing you can do now.
              Go see it again, at a quieter time, when others are in school?

It's disheartening but, there are always going to be people you meet who are going to be ******** stupid.
I wouldn't have even minded if it was sniffles or whispers. I didn't mind when people were laughing. It just drove me up a wall that an entire room was able to be silent, yet this row of six girls couldn't for the life of them. I already plan on seeing it at least two more times. I mean, I didn't care that they didn't enjoy the movie. That part doesn't bother me at all. It's just.. Really? You had the audacity to come here and do this? We don't care about your opinions. The screen isn't going to offer you a rebuttal; Stop yelling at it. Hey, guess what? Book seven. Yeah, it's been out for four years now. Could have just as easily looked up spoilers, decided for yourself if it was worth seeing, and saved those of us the trouble of hearing your poorly formulated, ghetto drawl.

Hopefully, next time you go, it'll have quietened down and people will keep their mouths shut.
              It's the luck of the audience I guess, you don't know who you're going to get sitting in front of you.
              Sometimes people forget their manners, or simply don't have any to begin with. Sure, no one cares what they have to say, but they're going to say it any way, sometimes just to be obnoxious, to make some point, or statement.
              They can't seem to see it makes them look ignorant and stupid.

I remember having to leave once, because some girls were having a full blown conversation during the film and I demanded other tickets to come back and see it again another time. I had to argue a lot to the staff, but eventually I got my own way on the matter...
What got me was that they laughed at the most inappropriate moments. That and long rows of seats taken and they didn't even use all of them. Overall I had an enjoyable premiere.
DragonsSapphire
What got me was that they laughed at the most inappropriate moments. That and long rows of seats taken and they didn't even use all of them. Overall I had an enjoyable premiere.

The group that I had problems with did that, as well. I've tried to excuse laughter at inappropriate times only because some people do it unwillingly as a nervous reflex.

Wealthy Guildswoman

8,100 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Profitable 100
I feel lucky that I was seated in the middle. The ones on the right aisle had to endure a very loud and obnoxious, and not to mention very retarded, middle aged woman. During the scene when they were riding the trolley down to Gringott's she kept screaming like she was riding a roller coaster, as if she was in the movie. Then during the fights she was cheering her lungs out and going YEAH GET 'EM YEAHHH!!!. I feel sorry for the people sitting near her and very relieved I was seated away from that freak.
Hemlock_Thorne
I feel lucky that I was seated in the middle. The ones on the right aisle had to endure a very loud and obnoxious, and not to mention very retarded, middle aged woman. During the scene when they were riding the trolley down to Gringott's she kept screaming like she was riding a roller coaster, as if she was in the movie. Then during the fights she was cheering her lungs out and going YEAH GET 'EM YEAHHH!!!. I feel sorry for the people sitting near her and very relieved I was seated away from that freak.

There must be a "Please check your sanity at the door" box that I'm unaware of before you enter a theater.

Dapper Dabbler

7,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200
There were some obnoxious people sitting behind me, and they kept talking about all this random s**t; I couldn't hear what it was, but they were loud enough that they pissed me off. During the part where Harry and Voldemort were fighting throughout the castle (just before going off the bridge; and, by the way, what the eff was that?), I got up from my seat (not an issue, I was on the end of my row), walked up to them and hissed something along the lines of, "If you don't shut the ******** up, I will set off fireworks in your popcorn. My childhood is ending; I'd at least like it to be somewhat enjoyable!" They shut the ******** up. biggrin

And yes, I actually had fireworks; my friend had brought them, intending to set them off sometime during the battle. I didn't want to be kicked out of the theater, so I confiscated them from him.
@Sauce:

I'm sorry to hear that you had an unfortunate experience. I'm glad that you actually said something, though. I know that my friends didn't want me to stand up for fear that I would shove someone toppling down the stairs. Three midnight premieres in a row this has happened and I'm quite sick of the lack of decency.

Wealthy Guildswoman

8,100 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Profitable 100
l Lily Evans l

There must be a "Please check your sanity at the door" box that I'm unaware of before you enter a theater.

I wish there's something like that in the theatres lol.
Hemlock_Thorne
l Lily Evans l

I wish there's something like that in the theatres lol.

I don't. We'd suffer so much more.
My audience seemed more like an American audience (as I'm british and we usually just sit and watch patiently) People were wooping, cheering and shouting encouragements to the character. I didn't really mind, it was kinda fun having people showing their support to the movie ^.^
Jambolo
My audience seemed more like an American audience (as I'm british and we usually just sit and watch patiently) People were wooping, cheering and shouting encouragements to the character. I didn't really mind, it was kinda fun having people showing their support to the movie ^.^

It seems as if that probably would have been more enjoyable than my experience with people here.
No, my audience was too serious lol. I wanted to laugh when Draco hugged Voldemort but nobody was laughing.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff