Welcome to Gaia! ::

5,300 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
OP: It's great that you are dedicated but I agree with most of the posters - you are going to be in school soon and its ok if you don't know a lot yet - that's why you are going to school after all. Don't burn yourself out! Take a sketchbook with you everywhere and go on some adventures and take in some inspiration. write down notes and sketches. When you are doing projects later, that might help you out, because then you won't have as much time to go out and explore.
schmeddyhead
That all makes a lot of sense, actually. I never really thought about it like that. Being an artist is all I've ever wanted to do... but I guess I can't be a good one until I open myself like you suggested. Strike some sort of balance, perhaps. And since most of the thread seems to agree on this, I think it's definitely worth considering. Now that I think about it, I guess I'm kind of scared to live. Haha. It'd be easier for me to spend every day all day drawing instead of socializing or living life. But perhaps it's time to get over that. Thank you for the useful post!

Frothy Crema

Ahh, I see what you mean. One subject a day would probably work better... good idea. I've noticed that if I get into a certain subject that I'm only doing for, say, an hour I feel disapointed when I have to move on to the next thing. And disapointment = less effort on the subject I'm transitioning into. So your idea seems like something I should look into. Thank you very much.

kupocake
It's interesting to see that someone else tried this type of thing and saw those results. And yeah, learning without guidance is confusing... I can't ask David Chelsea if I'm doing my 2-point perspective right. Thanks for the advice, Kupocake. I'll be sure to do those gesture drawings. And yes, there is no such thing as too much Zelda.

Look
Hmmn. I didn't even think of looking into classes this summer. I hope there is still time. Thanks for the suggestion, I'll take a look.

Albino Sea Monkey
I guess my fear that I lack the ability to keep up in college is what fuels me to study this much on my own. I guess I DID forget that it is okay to know nothing at this point! It's scary to not know anything... which I guess also fuels me. Thank you for sharing your experience.

The Atroxious
I have a bucket for the bathroom, and the sink for showers. (Kidding).

Sorry... too many people to respond to in one post. I'll try to respond to everyone else in another post once I get home. Thanks everyone for all of the useful information.
Everyone's said what I would say, but that is indeed a veeery hectic schedule. It's great that you're dedicated though, but again, you don't have to know everything.

Story: My art program instructor didn't know what a core shadow was until she got to school.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff