Welcome to Gaia! ::

Phantom

7,665 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • First Fall 15
  • Somebody Likes You 100
ver2
I have more pictures of face-up practice for you guys! This time I tried to use a nail art brush to create the eyebrows instead of watercolor pencils. It's definitely harder to control, but I think it looks so much better... just need more practice ^_^

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5717/21441796184_00c0bb3401_b.jpg

I bought 3 blank Pullip kits too...I want to make some custom Pullips for more face-up practice!

Also...does anyone else here collect the way that I do? By that I mean, I feel like I tend to have a lot of dolls in rotation that I don't name or keep for that long. I kinda procure dolls, take pictures of them, and then I get bored of them or something and sell them to buy other dolls I want to have for a while...Sometimes I feel like I'm not doing it right, ha

The faceup looks really good! The smaller brush is worth using, I think. The details you get with it are definitely worth it smile

I... it depends? Sort if. I mostly have dolls that I have characters for, and those tend to stay (though sometimes sculpt swaps happen). But I also have nameless dolls that just kinda sit about and do come and go a lot. At the moment I have a few offtopics(ball jointed but not resin), a random female body (to be modded, and I am considering making a head for her eventually) and am waiting on a male head to arrive (recent impldoll event impulse buy). I just recently traded off a doll for an another that fits in better (and only got a name yesterday - still not sure if I'll keep him for good, but ah well)

I think it's great that you can have many different ways to collect and take part in the hobby, and I don't see your way as weird or wrong. It's a good way to get to photograph a lot of different dolls, and keep things fresh. To each their own!

Magical Hobo

Saffron Blehckchah
@Priilll; I can't look at your sig without humming the Song of Time. xD

LOL I have a habit of doing that, too. ;p Too bad the buttons are different for the 3DS versions of OoT and MM.

Casey Draws
I took some photos I'm really proud of today.

User Image

User Image

User Image

So I thought I'd share. redface redface

These are amazingly beautiful. Wow! ^^
I especially love the emotion and the little water droplets. Those details
are really special. emotion_kirakira

ver2
Also...does anyone else here collect the way that I do? By that I mean, I feel like I tend to have a lot of dolls in rotation that I don't name or keep for that long. I kinda procure dolls, take pictures of them, and then I get bored of them or something and sell them to buy other dolls I want to have for a while...Sometimes I feel like I'm not doing it right, ha

Kind of. I have my two dolls that I seriously love, but I've had trouble bonding with other BJDs. So often times I will do like you mentioned...take photos, enjoy them for awhile, and finally part ways for new ones.

Fluffy Prophet

I have the problem of having more bjd's than I wanted but am seriously bonded to all of them.
Some dolls have come and gone just to make room for the ones I really love. There's nothing wrong with loving a doll for awhile then selling it, That's preferable to hoarding!

iymcool's Wife

Quotable Lunatic

I am not so similar in the fact that I buy dolls and get rid of them. I buy impulse dolls [recently], but they're ones I know will definitely work with my group. I'm trying to be very careful and plan ahead for 'how will you work in my story' with each doll I buy now. And I never imagined going over 10 dolls, but number 14 is currently with Finlet getting his face done. And I still have intentions for... 5-6 more. xD so now I'm looking at twenty. [Saying it now makes me a little nervous, but after 14, what's 6 more?! ]

Undead Witch

13,950 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Love Machine 150
  • Generous 100
I've got 60 dolls still? But that's not bad considering at one point it was 84

Fluffy Prophet

Shattered Ciel

wow! thats a huge downsize. Glad to see you in the thread again Ciel ^^

Shikairu Nara's Partner

Lonely Phantom

16,100 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Angelic Alliance 100
I have 2, one boy and one girl.

Fluffy Prophet

my ellana just came in!!!!!
she's the perfect color, better than I dreamed, like a periwinkle-grey. I wasn't going to open it yet but I figured its best to spray the msc with Fate's event doll and Kelpie's kelp.
Going on a face-up spree again, back to work for me!

iymcool's Wife

Quotable Lunatic

yay Finlet! that's so exciting! I'm so glad that oclor worked for you. :3 I know youw ere slightly apprehensive so that's wonderful.

Undead Witch

13,950 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Love Machine 150
  • Generous 100
Finlet
Shattered Ciel

wow! thats a huge downsize. Glad to see you in the thread again Ciel ^^

I always lurk every day, but I don't really post.. <3 I always find it hard to remember to respond when I'm. Not directly quoted... I tend to be distracted.

It really is a huge drop from what I had! I'm still trying to rehome that Soom Taco, and a few heads.... slow moving sales! Bleh

Obsessive Cultist

The Sexiest Hobo Around

B-b-but everyone should have a Dia gonk .. or 5 lol
But in all seriousness, it almost seems like some kind of BJD life milestone lately. Dia is the new El lmao.

Yeah, I think I set all my character profiles to private so you can only view them if I link you, because basically none of them are actually done yet, haha. Panda's is pretty empty tbh because I'm too lazy to fill it out.
Hmm, I don't even know where to start with May. He is literally a decade old now, one of my oldest OCs and thus feels very real to me @_@ I know so much about him, I have no clue how to edit it down lol. Might be a good candidate for doll RPs. He's a very nice and yet very sinister guy. Morbidly fascinated by humans and being human but very clearly very far from it himself. I have actual nightmares about him sometimes, but I still love him, haha.

uwu What are you gonna do with your Roselyn and Rosy? o: And what body did you pick for Rosy? I can't quite decide if I like the new one enough or not ;_;

Devout Prophet

Ghcst

Rofl omg you filthy enabler. And yeah, I agree. It's something like a status symbol lately... but then again, they are really pretty haha.

Ahh old characters are the best. It's like they're old friends or something. Do you rp them with a friend or something or...? I subtly involve my dolls as chars in rp's with my friend (Exellion is a main char in our RP, but I tend to add Lilith and Elizabeth into them as well). I love exploring them through rp :3 Really though, Maverick sounds supercoool

Also, the Roselyn boy is gonna be a crazy kiddo, just cos I want to have one. Gonna make him look real tired 'n stuff. Rosy is going to be a girl from India called Elizabeth/Liz, also Lilith's girlfriend. She's hindu, but very low-key (second generation of being born in a non-hindu land). I picked the new body for her! I've no clue how I'm gonna like it but ehh, we'll see. :p

Obsessive Cultist

The Sexiest Hobo Around
Ghcst

Rofl omg you filthy enabler. And yeah, I agree. It's something like a status symbol lately... but then again, they are really pretty haha.

Ahh old characters are the best. It's like they're old friends or something. Do you rp them with a friend or something or...? I subtly involve my dolls as chars in rp's with my friend (Exellion is a main char in our RP, but I tend to add Lilith and Elizabeth into them as well). I love exploring them through rp :3 Really though, Maverick sounds supercoool

Also, the Roselyn boy is gonna be a crazy kiddo, just cos I want to have one. Gonna make him look real tired 'n stuff. Rosy is going to be a girl from India called Elizabeth/Liz, also Lilith's girlfriend. She's hindu, but very low-key (second generation of being born in a non-hindu land). I picked the new body for her! I've no clue how I'm gonna like it but ehh, we'll see. :p

Lmfao yeah, tell me about it ;_; I fell in love with that pretty face so hard, I've actually considered adding a fourth one to my crew ''''xD ... or well, technically third. But I count my Sard in with the Dia crew. Almost the same face anyways.

Yeah, I rp some of my newer OCs that I'm in the process of finding dolls for with a good friend, older ones like May I've played with another friend from highschool for years, but not for a while. Maybe using him and the others again would motivate me to actually take pictures of their doll forms though lmao. I'd like to get more involved in dolly rps in general (*sideeying Saff's Viktor* <-< .. lol). So much fun @character building.
Do you only play your OCs with your friend? o:

Ohohohoho please spam the thread with aaaaaall the pics once you get both of them ;_;
And how about we do a trade? Spiritdoll body review for Supiadoll body review?? xD
Is your girl gonna be tan skin? She sounds awesome *-*

Devout Prophet

Ghcst

Ssshheeeeit, I really want some pics of all your Dia's now (including Mr Sard of course)??? C'mon, throw me a bone here. I really love the curve of his lips. Most Soom men seem to have those full, luscious lips <3 I'm a sucker for those.

And yeah, I only rp with one friend. We use google docs to write our stories. I've tried rp'ing with others in the past, but somehow those just died out? I'm very convicted to my rp'ing, maybe I tend to get a bit too clingy hehe emotion_yatta I have a LOAD of other OC's though. I simply have noone to rp them with :'-) they usually end up in stories I write for myself (or those daydreams you get caught up in).

I WILL SPAM so much. So very much. I'm especially looking forward to figuring out the Roselyn boy, cause he isn't a very well planned character.. more like a vague idea. I have the hardest time deciding which faceup artist I want to commission...
Rosy is basically all figured out. She'll be tan skin yeah, and I definitely don't mind doing a review of her body in trade for a review of the spiritdoll body xD I already own one Supiadoll body of the newer line, but she came second hand and somehow doesn't pose as I want her to. Her knees buckle very easily which I think is due to the added waist joint, but I'm not sure if that's due to her previous owner handling her or because she was designed like so. I guess I'll find out when Rosy arrives?

Undead Witch

13,950 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Love Machine 150
  • Generous 100
Augh I hate how slow the second hand BJD market is lately.. so.... effing.. slow

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff