Welcome to Gaia! ::

Interstellar Loverboy

34,675 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Partygoer 500
  • Noble Shade 100
Hatsya

@Rain: Well yeah, but Finland does not dictate EMS Korea's shipping charges. It should definitely not be more than 60 dollars 4laugh Customs are a different thing entirely.
I'm sure you'll get your doll some day. Just gotta be patient. I literally waited years before I could afford my first doll. And hey, you already have Bastian.

I do have him, and I love him so.
But I hate the situation here because on my line of career, there's no-one hiring...

Also, if I remember corerctly, Bastians sipping was around 75 euros and according to tariff-search, his customs were supposed tobe 140 euros, but somehow when was time to declare, it said I need to pay additional customs pay, even though tariff search said that Korea doesn't have one, and so it was almost 200 euros customs.
And since Chloe is more expensive than Bastian, the customs will be higher too.

I just want to get a job... I think universe has it against me, that I can't get a job, seeing what kind of idiots are working in certain places

Obsessive Cultist

@Rain: What is your line of work? Is there no chance of maybe going to school for something else if you can't find anything there? I don't know how it is in Finland, but here there are programs for people in this exact situation to find something new.

Hmm, if you mean the free trade agreement the EU has with South Korea, I am actually not quite sure how that works, and if it's even relevant for the regular everyday normal person. I believe that at most it would mean you save on customs, but definitely not on import taxes, which is usually the more expensive part. But I don't know. I recently got a huge, pricy doll from Korea that was even declared as customs relevant merchandise, and yet, they didn't charge me for it. Still confused if that was because of the agreement or if I was just insanely lucky ?.?

Interstellar Loverboy

34,675 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Partygoer 500
  • Noble Shade 100
Hatsya
@Rain: What is your line of work? Is there no chance of maybe going to school for something else if you can't find anything there? I don't know how it is in Finland, but here there are programs for people in this exact situation to find something new.

Hmm, if you mean the free trade agreement the EU has with South Korea, I am actually not quite sure how that works, and if it's even relevant for the regular everyday normal person. I believe that at most it would mean you save on customs, but definitely not on import taxes, which is usually the more expensive part. But I don't know. I recently got a huge, pricy doll from Korea that was even declared as customs relevant merchandise, and yet, they didn't charge me for it. Still confused if that was because of the agreement or if I was just insanely lucky ?.?

I know of people who have gotten their dolls wihtou customs... It's pure luck if they decide that you need to declare...

Also, I'm a grocery store employee by trade. Schoool is no-no. I have two degrees already, and I'm not going back because the support for students is so poor, that I'd be even poorer than now. i'm on a service that tries to help me get a job by networking and such, no luck yet

Obsessive Cultist

Not here usually .,. Everything goes through customs and if something slips through, it'll have the green customs free sticker because they think it's not worth enough. But since my box had the red customs relevant sticker and still got to me, that's why I thought it might have something to do with that agreement. Because that has never happened before with any of my other stuff that had slipped through from other countries. And it would be super nice if that actually had an effect .-. Anyways.

Wish you luck classified_northkittenstar

Lonely Hoarder

12,050 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
Meet Bear.
His actual wig is on the way.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Yoshiwong
skkylalala
Yoshiwong
skkylalala
I bought him a senior delf type 3 body!! But I'M so afraid he's lost!! sad
Oh no. D: Why do you think he's lost? Is the tracking not updating? =(

Casey Draws
All the dolls! emotion_brofist
emotion_brofist

Yeah exactly!! sad for 6 days.. D:
That is pretty worrying. D: Have you tried contacting your postal service?

----

Welcome Ghostie!

Echoing Emfy-chan's question as well; what dolls do you currently have?

It actually surprised me after work yesterday!! I almost cried. I was so happy. Hes actually perfect
skkylalala
It actually surprised me after work yesterday!! I almost cried. I was so happy. Hes actually perfect
Yay, congrats~ Glad he got to you safely! ^^
Yoshiwong
skkylalala

Thank you so much his head is almost here i am so excited to have a boy doll. Hes so handsome
skkylalala
Yoshiwong
skkylalala

Thank you so much his head is almost here i am so excited to have a boy doll. Hes so handsome
Yes, Shiho is great (and I'm totally not biased from owning a Shiho girl, lol)! * u * Does your boy already have a face-up?

Fashionable Gaian

I think we all wish we had customs like US were they DO NOT pay duty on dolls emo

Sparkly Genius

Alright, finally getting caught up here again.

@Hobo - Yep, Kess is my light tan RS Li! This is my favourite photo of her:
User Image
It looks like I may already have a buyer for her. I put a sales photo up for her on instagram, and a follower who had previously purchased another of my dolls messaged me back immediately saying she had to have her! (which is exactly what I did with the new doll I bought last week lol) So we're arranging payement now. Hopefully it works out, and if so I will still be able to see photos of her on my instagram from time to time.

@Finlet - I'm glad you're not upset! I am counting on you to make Luts Arwen an even better Kestrel than my RS Li was. I know it's possible! <3
Congrats on your order! Here's hoping working on Fate and I's dolls will help you fund your new girl.
As for grail dolls, for myself I don't really believe in them. To me, for something to be considered a grail it would have to be something nearly unobtainable. I'm a chronic buyer of sculpts that are unlimited and I've never been denied a doll that I really wanted. I usually buy dolls when I know I have the funds for them and I don't have a favourite. For me, my favourite doll in the group tends to fluctuate often. Even a small change, like a new outfit, wig or eyes can make me fall in love with a doll all over again.
And thank goodness I got Paige when I did! With the double line disappearing, Souldoll Star is not going to be an easy doll to come by. I both like and dislike the size. Finding her outfits is a pain, but I enjoy that she is a bit lighter than my other SD chunk!

@Khrys - Bear's faceup is gorgeous!

New dolly photos incoming. Gotta take a good pic of my cute new girl. smile

Sparkly Genius

Meet Tally, my Lati Yellow light tan Bayer (previously named Tea, which I think I will keep as her nickname):
User Image

She's already made a number of other tiny friends:
User Image

On another note, I am selling this pair of Dikadoll SD jointed hands (NS) for $50 USD. If anyone is interested, feel free to shoot me a PM!
User Image
Spore XP

Aw~ Cute dollies! x3

skkylalala

Woo!! Thank goodness! @__@

Spoopy Bard

23,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Party Member 100
B3autiful Hangover
I think we all wish we had customs like US were they DO NOT pay duty on dolls emo

Yeah, that is like the one thing going for us. certainly not our politics

edit: Though iirc Australia has a pretty high limit at where they start charging customs fees, high enough that most dolls could get through.

Interstellar Loverboy

34,675 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Partygoer 500
  • Noble Shade 100
Casey Draws
B3autiful Hangover

Yeah, that is like the one thing going for us. certainly not our politics

edit: Though iirc Australia has a pretty high limit at where they start charging customs fees, high enough that most dolls could get through.

I'm mad, because Finland decided jsut after new year to lower all the custom limits, so now it's always really scary to even get Monster High dolls because they can get caught too...

And Spore, I sent you PM. smile

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces