Welcome to Gaia! ::

Smitten Duck

Second Banshee: she is so beautiful! I love her hoodie!

iymcool's Wife

Quotable Lunatic

http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php/668158-Lunas-first-kiss-Luts-Nana-Kelp-on-Model-delf-5star-doll-Ria
Hatsya: Hrm, I don't actually know >.<''' It was a trade with a friend- I get the feeling she found it on Taobao, for a Dollfie Dream girl? I will try and find out though! It also has these adorable little fluffy shorts with a bear tail on them x3

Finlet: Unfortunately I haven't had any experience with them but my Obiitsu50 girl is amazing, and I love her to bits... I've heard good things about them, too! (And I wouldn't be able to part with a ToyStory Barbie either D8 Very awesome!)

Ao-chan: Ahhh, awesome. Good to know- I might have to have a go at just ordering one and seeing how I go xD I do think that they are very cute though <3 And I know that Bluefairy sells shoes for the Shinyfairy Jr girls, that fit MNF M-line feet, which I think are about the same size as the Bunny9? Don't quote me on that, but if you were looking for shoe alternatives, that might be something?

Bad Quality Serena: Your girls are little princesses <3 !! What girl is your grail? That's super exciting, I hope she comes home quickly.

Yuki-Saurus: Thank you ^_^ I do too, isn't it silly? xD I need to find more sweet and cute things for this girl I think. She turned out different to how I had envisioned her >.<'

XFateX: She looks pleased with herself wink Glad it turned out in the end for her, hehe.

Filling out faceup forms today, wheee! My F60 Karsh girl needs a face... badly >.<

Barraka1987's Princess

Fuzzy Friend

15,425 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Generous 100
  • Newbie Helper 100
My Post! I Must Have Signed Out Without Hitting Post!
Hoppy Easter Everyone!
biggrin
Did The Easter Bunnie Visit Anyone Or Their Dollies?
Jaquie Got His First Easter Basket!
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Jaquie - Whats In My Basket? - Easter 2015 by Faith In Beauty, on Flickr

GO Texas Bluebonnets!
biggrin
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Jaquie - Easter In Texas - Easter 2015 by Faith In Beauty, on Flickr
Oh my God, the tiny little egg basket! SO cute!

Second Banshee- Thank you! I love them so much. My grail is an Angel Region Ren girl! Not really the cliche ''Grail'' because she's not super sought after but Angelregion discontinued their original MSD sized line before I got a chance to own one so I'm very excited to have her!

She'll fit in perfectly with my girls too, since BF and AR used the same sculptor!

Demonic Fatcat

Hello! Please call me: Ege **btw its really my name means aegeon sea in my language*
About you: Well ı am halfly bosnian halfly Circassian 18 year old arts student. And ı have to live in Turkey because of my families job for now. So ı am kinda mixed mixmix So pardon me about my bad/terrible/dying/honestlyitsbad english

How you got into the hobby: Well ıts hard to get a doll in Turkey. Nor Bosnia because well...Dolls with high costs arent the most popular thing around here and ı bought my doll when ı was 15 ı guess. I was collecting pvc anime figures and cosplaying. I just see bjds on web and honestly ı was like ''IT COULD BE MINE ''this story will be get worser because of my idiotness** So ı firstly decide on blanca 2 from dikadoll. I did no search :'D nothing and ı ask it from my parents. They react well bad..VERY BAD. then first time in forever ı start to save money and after the half year hunger ı manage to make half of the price. and my father saw ıt get sell with no head and face up. And ı need to pay 100 for it they react bad again. VERY BAD. again...it was hopeless so with tears sweat and power ı manage to buy a cheaper doll in secret ways. And that is also the story named ''how ı secretly open my own paypal'' after this story it goes ''how my family react it badly..very badly..'' And ı really need to say after all this craps ı discover ı have phobia about dolls....
Your dolls: Well doll actually ı only have one after my discovery about phobia my option is kinda change about it. They are good on pictures kind of art piece actually. But they are staring...on nights..
User Image

Name:Diwon
Sculpt: I think that means company ı guess? msd-doll love arona
Date Received: 2-3 years ago. But ı didnt unpack it after the first week ı decide it looks creepy so ı put it on the package and dont open nearly 1 year. I try to sell but ı am in Turkey yehoo who is gonna buy. But luckly ı didnt manage to sell it because now ı am like ok with it ı can sit with it ı can play with it a little. I get ok about it ı guess

Personality/Backstory: I didnt make a story until this year. The doll first came like she was having long brown wig and victorian cute dress. But she was staring creepy and she was looking like going to murder someone. So ı made her a story this newyear. After ı read the pet cemetery for 2nd time ı decide its kinda like cat church in that book. You know Its creepy but people keeps it. And she has damn you look in her eyes in my option like that cat in that book. So ı cut her wig short ı give her ear piercings and bought her malish clothes. Shes more boyish more rebel in that state. And her damn you looks kinda fits ı guess. I am planning to bought her tatoos and face piercings too. I know she has a cute face but she gave me a phobia. so SHE MUST BE BAD. but she also manage to change me ı mean ı didnt even open the package for 1 year now ı am starting to ordering shoes and clothes for it. It must be a difference. I think we must be have a love and hate relationship. Or ı am a masochistic ıdk
Favourite aspect of the hobby:
Well like ı said before having a doll make me change a little. She is still staring me nasty but its more like ''give me a cigarette'' look for now.. so ı think we are cool with each other ^^'' Maybe in future ı can even think buying a another doll too..

Undead Witch

13,950 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Love Machine 150
  • Generous 100
Soom Taco, Snow blue skin Dragon legs and Human legs, R-head and OE head +Wig + Eyes asking 400$ Shipped within USA.
Fairyland MNFNS Scarface Shiwoo head with faceup and eyes asking 90$+ shipping
Fairyland MNF Tan Mirwen SP head, will have faceup removed. asking 90$ + Shipping
Fairyland LTF Pong2 SP Tan plate no faceup asking 85$ Shipped
Fairyland PKF Cony Tan skin Plate 70$ shipped
Mako Urethanes 14mm MOON15 30$Shipped
Fairyland Event Bow MNF Size 40$ unblushed.

pictures on request <3

Fluffy Prophet

Tmruffie

That is very interesting!
Welcome to the forum. I can understand you well enough.
Have you heard of the uncanny valley? It is different for everyone. It might be the cause of your phobia. For me extra extra large dolls are in my uncanny valley. However, I am drawn to them, but at the same time they make me uneasy.
There are a few people here whose parent's have also freaked out about dolls. Sometimes its about the money, other times they think dolls are for little kids. I think they are a form of artistic expression and imagination.

Spore XP's Compadre

Advanced Loiterer

I'm back again, and now I have a Dune body ordered... it was inevitable. x'DD
That makes my 3rd Little Gem... and 5 SOOMs overall. A SOOM a year since I started buying. gonk Crazy.

Speaking of LGs, my Kivi (Mu, as in "mew" wink got her official outfit this week, so she's finally finished! heart

User Image

@Bad Quality Serena Your girls are looking so cute! :'D Where are their outfits from? And congrats on your grail!! :0 When is she supposed to arrive?

@Fuzzball Aww, so tiny! x3

@Tmruffie Don't worry, I can understand your English! ;3 I'm glad you kept your doll even after you discovered your phobia! Even if it takes a long time, I think having her will help you fight your fear. x3
It's so hard to know what a doll will look like in person, so I think a lot of people are shocked when they first get one! @.@
Are you still collecting anime figures? :0 I really like Figmas and Nendoroids right now. x'D

Demonic Fatcat

Finlet

Well ı just search this uncanny valley. Its pretty interesting ıt can be the reason duh. But ı dont find her realistic or something. Its just..I guess her eyes are bothering me. There is something on it. I heard generally bjd eyes are handmade so probably its a illusion. But its like following you when you stare. You know what ı mean? And my dolls facial expression looked very bored in my option. So when her gaze follow me its kinda looking psychotic with her bored features. But ı am not wrapping her like maniac anymore. She is actually pretty free from her box. I just put her in it sometimes. I heard sunshine makes bjds yellowish. Also big dolls? I see one on youtube ı guess. It was like a bjd but nearly a 5 year old sized. I cant even look at diwons eyes GOD I CANT THINK ABOUT HAVING ONE OF THOSE. so you have every right to feel uneasy about it! And about parents well they generally ok with my pocket hunting cosplay habits. But they just think having a 200-250 dolar doll is spoiled and pointless.Also dolar is pretty high to our money so it takes nearly 500 lira in turk money. So you see :') And thank you for your welcome ^^

Saffron Blehckchah

Hey firstly your doll looks amazing. I still dont think ı can sleep with it on the same room. But its looking freaking gorgeous. And no ı am not collecting them anymore because ı dont have place for new ones. My glass platforms are full with them. And my mother keep crushing my starwars ship models while cleaning. So ı cant keep new ones in that danger. I dont have any Nendoroids but ı have a figma miku. Its pretty good ^.^

ORORO
BTW ı am glad you understand my horrible english people. I just bought pants to diwon. I am challenging with myself lol. And ı will ask something. I am a desing/arts student. I didnt start paint classes it will be on next year but ı want to try that faceup thing. I heard acrylic paint and soft pastels can be used on it so ı have both of them. And everytype of brush .I have exams in that timezone but ı will try to give sketches on her make up as a start. She have removed parts on her eyeliner and her nose is kinda unnoticeble. I am planning to fix that erased parts with acrylic paint. and add soft blushes with pastels on her nose to be look more realistic. Maybe a little freakles or something. But ı dont have a mr super clear. I dont know what it does but ı heard it was important. If its really that necessary then ı am gonna order it online. What it does? Also ı heard acetone can be used for erasing mistakes is it ok? and how can ı stable the paint after ı done? Thanks ı am done ı guess ^^''

Barraka1987's Princess

Fuzzy Friend

15,425 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Generous 100
  • Newbie Helper 100
@Bad Quality Serena
Also Sorry For Previously Oversized Images.

@Saffron Blehckchah
Ah Very Tiny...
I Love Her Sandal Legwarmers!

Interstellar Loverboy

34,675 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Partygoer 500
  • Noble Shade 100
Omg. I have to share this....
I changed the place where I keep Bastian... and now it seems to starte me nonstrop..... it's so creepy!
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.What is he staring at? by Freyrferret, on Flickr
Saffron Blehckchah
I

@Bad Quality Serena Your girls are looking so cute! :'D Where are their outfits from? And congrats on your grail!! :0 When is she supposed to arrive?

Oh my Gosh, she's gorgeous! I love her little paws and her face is beautiful!

I don't have any Soom girls but I want a Rosette doll so bad! I want to make a mini-me with those super long legs!

Thank you so much! I get the bulk of their stuff from Etsy, the outfits they have on are from

Elda-
Sweater- Purindoll

Shorts- Edhelwen

Tank top is from Mybayer on ebay!

Greta-

dress- Choupicouture

Her vest is from one of my Blythes and the bloomers (not visible) are also from Ebay. One of the things I love about this hobby is how many people that make such gorgeous clothing pieces for them- buying dolly outfits is probably 45% of my joy from them!

The grail girl I actually just finished paying for today, so she might be a while. Probably two weeks-ish since she's coming from Finland. I already got her wig and some Mako eyes are on the way! I can't wait! She's going to fit in well with my girls, I've already written out a character for her and I'm coordinating an outfit as we speak! Her stock is adorable but I like to pick out something new.

Fluffy Prophet

Got my obitsu today, and my plan to re-home 50 barbies to replace with it are definitely not going to work! I miscalculated the proportions dramatically. So I will inevitably be selling a 25 cm Aki soon. However, I got a tiny Hime head that I am in love with. It looks so cute and chibi I could just die. I can't wait to get her faceup done and share some pics.

Edit: well that went faster than I thought! As you can see they sorta wear some barbie clothes.
Aki's head is the size of a Quarter, and Hime's is the size of a silver dollar! Aki is by far the tiniest face I've ever painted. If anyones interested in Aki's head or head and body send me a tell. otherwise i may consider gifting her to my Mom
User Image
User Image

Barraka1987's Princess

Fuzzy Friend

15,425 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Generous 100
  • Newbie Helper 100
Finlet
Got my obitsu today, and my plan to re-home 50 barbies to replace with it are definitely not going to work! I miscalculated the proportions dramatically. So I will inevitably be selling a 25 cm Aki soon. However, I got a tiny Hime head that I am in love with. It looks so cute and chibi I could just die. I can't wait to get her faceup done and share some pics.

Edit: well that went faster than I thought! As you can see they sorta wear some barbie clothes.
Aki's head is the size of a Quarter, and Hime's is the size of a silver dollar! Aki is by far the tiniest face I've ever painted. If anyones interested in Aki's head or head and body send me a tell. otherwise i may consider gifting her to my Mom
User Image
User Image
Id Like To See Most Definatly!
biggrin
And Can You Show A Pic Of The Obitsu Heads You Have?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff