Welcome to Gaia! ::

I have used pirated before, but I try to avoid it if possible. I am using the copy of elements that came with my tablet for editing. I really hate it, but I don't really use photoshop much anymore. I would not pay full price for photoshop because the work I do does not earn a substantial amount to justify the expense of the program. Really, if it costs 3x the amount of the computer I'm going to run it on then I don't think it's realistic for me.

I paid for my copy of Paint Tool SAI because it was a very affordable price. Only $60 I think.

Timid Explorer

No, I didn't pay for mine. XP
But I'm a student and thanks to that discount I plan to purchase it legally when I get enough money to.

Eloquent Hunter

Student discount on Design Premium, baby.

Just blew about $1500 at the beginning of summer on software and a new lappy.
didnt have to it was on meh laptop al ready xp
yes, it came "for free" with my tablet
Nessane
/stares in awe/ That sounds amazing. Sooooo in Theatre design... You make props and background stuff? (I have no idea what I'm talking about.) It sounds like fun.

And damn. I'm looking forward to art classes at university level now. Soooo looking forward to maybe transferring universities.
Anaiira
Nessane
/stares in awe/ That sounds amazing. Sooooo in Theatre design... You make props and background stuff? (I have no idea what I'm talking about.) It sounds like fun.

And damn. I'm looking forward to art classes at university level now. Soooo looking forward to maybe transferring universities.
No that's the college level theatre design... that teaches you how to 'make the stuff' There is a course for building in University but generally it's more the designing of the stuff.

So creating sets, and make-up and costumes as well as lighting. Not sure how it's best to describe what we actually learn, but I can tell you that the only program I've ever used in theatre and film is Premiere.
Nessane
Anaiira
Nessane

No that's the college level theatre design... that teaches you how to 'make the stuff' There is a course for building in University but generally it's more the designing of the stuff.

So creating sets, and make-up and costumes as well as lighting. Not sure how it's best to describe what we actually learn, but I can tell you that the only program I've ever used in theatre and film is Premiere.
... Theater design sounds like a lot of fun. : D Really.

I'm sorry for instigating confusion. I'm starting art class next term at UBC. And thinking of transferring into Emily Carr. I realize that the whole experience is probably not the same at all, but I've heard so many bad things about it that it just seems off-putting to spend money of learning how to make modern art.

: D Yeah.
Anaiira
Nessane
Anaiira
Nessane

... Theater design sounds like a lot of fun. : D Really.

I'm sorry for instigating confusion. I'm starting art class next term at UBC. And thinking of transferring into Emily Carr. I realize that the whole experience is probably not the same at all, but I've heard so many bad things about it that it just seems off-putting to spend money of learning how to make modern art.

: D Yeah.

Oh it was I supplemented it with acting classes since the design end has far fewer classes unless I wanted to learn how to build a set... And I know how to do carpentry already from growing up on a farm so it would have been a waste of my time Or scenic painting... which is seriously... taking the design the Design students create on a small scale and making it life size... I took stunt fighting instead lol.
Nessane

Oh it was I supplemented it with acting classes since the design end has far fewer classes unless I wanted to learn how to build a set... And I know how to do carpentry already from growing up on a farm so it would have been a waste of my time Or scenic painting... which is seriously... taking the design the Design students create on a small scale and making it life size... I took stunt fighting instead lol.
Wow. Derp.

... Stunt fighting? SERIOUSLY? I think you've gained like +a billion awesome points. UBC is looking pathetic and completely boring in comparison to U of Winnipeg.
Didn't pay. I'm not exactly proud of it, but it's way too expensive for me, and it pays to have a boyfriend who's a huge computer nerd.

Fashionable Survivor

Lol, no! I pay for nothing.

Clocksys's Princess

Fanatical Partygoer

11,275 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Elements is what I got on laptop that came with my tablet, but I also have cs4 ps on my desktop which my father paid for him and I. (He's a graphic designer)
So I guess yes and no?
I don't have Photoshop, but I have Sai...kind of. I haven't pirated a real Sai. I'm using a trial version...it's outdated, though, so I print screen. u _ u" I can't save or open any files on it though. I talked to my mom about it and she said that maybe she'd buy it legally for me. I TRIED hacking it though...didn't work because some weird trial version of Sai I had installed on my computer couldn't be deleted. I'm really not fond of hacking...if you think it's wrong, then don't do it. It makes me uncomfortable, but I really want Sai so :/ My 'trial version' works just fine though.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff