+1 1 100.0% [ 370 ]
Total Votes:[ 370 ]

Ilfarmis's Waifu

Spoopy Star

28,290 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Cool Cat 500
WanderingSketchPad
Well when I say the gold worth, I am going by if you are purchasing to make actual profit, not just because you dont mind what g you make or just want the item. Most people who try to make a profit are going to buy the item worth the most so they get the most from their usd xD And doing so, you can get 80-100b per 10usd. Sometimes more if you luck out.

I find the economy here mostly annoying tho because people seem to expect artists to continue working for cheap wages, when they are more than willing to throw hundreds of bills at items they want, which are not made specifically for the buyer, the buyer owns no rights to said items, and who knows when those items might be deleted, or if gaia will stop existing? When the art is specifically tailored to the buyer and could last as long as the buyer keeps the art xD

It's to me very much the same as irl, when people expect artists to spend 10 + hours making them a picture for only 5 or 10 bucks. In the real job world (and yes, art is a job), you'd be charged federally for trying to make your worker work for so little lol

Maybe I just bought the wrong items then. Or sold them at the wrong time. I know I had one of those byul items I wish I would have kept. I miss it. I sold it for 30b and went back to try and buy it back after they sold out, but they were selling for 80-100b. I was so mad. There is a lot that goes into it aside from just "this much money equals this much gold". Everyone makes it sound so black and white, but its really not.

And, again, don't get me wrong. I can totally understand that yet again. But, if you are going to ask for a certain amount of gold, I just feel the artist should have a certain amount of...I dont want to say talent, but quality, perhaps? I don't know. That is just me thinking out loud.
But, for the record, I refuse to buy ANY ITEM over 30b. No matter how much I want it, how much gold I have or if I am questing it or not. I just won't. Not to say that stops others, but I am speaking directly for myself here. If I have trouble buying an item for 10b, why would I pay for art for 10b? That's my logic.

As for rl commissions, that is different. I have easily dropped $80 on a rl commission before. So, IDK what to say about that emotion_awesome Because, like you said, if the artist spends 10 hours or more on a piece they did for me (especially if this is their only source of income) of course I am going to be more willing to pay. I know art is ea real job. I have MANY friends who simply live off of that income alone. I may not always have the money irl to do rl commissions, but when I do have it, I will. You know? But, I understand what you mean. It's frustrating from the artists point of view.

All I am really trying to say is there are negatives for both the artist and the commissioners sides. Nobody really "wins".

Ilfarmis's Waifu

Spoopy Star

28,290 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Cool Cat 500
Azazielle
VampireDraculina
Azazielle
As for me people don't wanna offer more than 5b for my digi sketch lol

...really? Wow. That is surprising. I honestly thought you would get offered at least 10b yourself! :/

hahhaha but i don't mind smile
i love drawing anyway lol
i just finish this :
User Image

A few artist have remained happy that way.
They simply enjoy drawing for the "sport" and do it for fun and to make friends 4laugh
So, as long as you have fun with it and still think you are making it worth your while (commission price wise), then go for it heart
I have more recently met a few artists who do oc/avi > offer.
So, that makes me real happy to see. Apparently, there is a lot of that going on! I just have not seen or met too many of those said artists yet, sadly. I hope to though.

And, omgosh! That's lovely! *A*
Is it for you? Or for someone else? >w<

Eloquent Trash

VampireDraculina
Nobody really "wins".

aahahah aint that the truth? XD

But yea, I agree with what you've said. And to touch on what you said about the artist you had to deal with: I'm sorry she was a butthead to you. I too don't like it when artists act like dicks just cuz they think they are awesome or something.

As a job or a business, you should NEVER walk on your customer base or belittle them. It's common courtesy to be polite even when negotiating, because if you're rude it just tells people that you arent willing to work with them, that you don't respect them, and that you probably wont get the art done correctly anyways because you're being like that to begin with loll

Ilfarmis's Waifu

Spoopy Star

28,290 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Cool Cat 500
WanderingSketchPad
VampireDraculina
Nobody really "wins".

But yea, I agree with what you've said. And to touch on what you said about the artist you had to deal with: I'm sorry she was a butthead to you. I too don't like it when artists act like dicks just cuz they think they are awesome or something.

As a job or a business, you should NEVER walk on your customer base or belittle them. It's common courtesy to be polite even when negotiating, because if you're rude it just tells people that you arent willing to work with them, that you don't respect them, and that you probably wont get the art done correctly anyways because you're being like that to begin with loll

Gaia makes it difficult to function on here nowadays emotion_facepalm

Meh. It's okay. When I first came back from my 8 month Hiatus, I met nothing but rude, arrogant, and even conceited artists like that. It was horrible. Now though, I have met much nicer ones. So, it's okay. I just had not realized how money-hungry most users had become! @___@;;

And, see, that is how I feel!!!! I completely agree heart I know I dont draw for a living or anything, but whenever I did do commissions, I was always polite and even as- kissed because I want people to come back or tell their friends about me. You know? Plus, it's just common courtesy. That's how I made friends. I never wanted to make friends with people who were just constantly kissing up to me because they want my art, free art, favoritism, gold or something from me in general. You know? I would never trust anyone who kisses up to me for that reason! xd From fear of being used or ulterior motives.

And those shops had little "clicks" and everything. No one would talk to you or acknowledge you if you were new. They would be rude or just blatantly ignore you. It was...annoying. lol
it was for someone else smile
from my bribe shop lol
i got 7b for it razz
VampireDraculina
Azazielle
VampireDraculina
Azazielle
As for me people don't wanna offer more than 5b for my digi sketch lol

...really? Wow. That is surprising. I honestly thought you would get offered at least 10b yourself! :/

hahhaha but i don't mind smile
i love drawing anyway lol
i just finish this :
User Image

A few artist have remained happy that way.
They simply enjoy drawing for the "sport" and do it for fun and to make friends 4laugh
So, as long as you have fun with it and still think you are making it worth your while (commission price wise), then go for it heart
I have more recently met a few artists who do oc/avi > offer.
So, that makes me real happy to see. Apparently, there is a lot of that going on! I just have not seen or met too many of those said artists yet, sadly. I hope to though.

And, omgosh! That's lovely! *A*
Is it for you? Or for someone else? >w<

anyone know where i can find the boa ....seem pretty expensif in the market lol tought it was a item you can find in store.

Eloquent Trash

VampireDraculina
WanderingSketchPad
VampireDraculina
Nobody really "wins".

Gaia makes it difficult to function on here nowadays emotion_facepalm

Meh. It's okay. When I first came back from my 8 month Hiatus, I met nothing but rude, arrogant, and even conceited artists like that. It was horrible. Now though, I have met much nicer ones. So, it's okay. I just had not realized how money-hungry most users had become! @___@;;

And, see, that is how I feel!!!! I completely agree heart I know I dont draw for a living or anything, but whenever I did do commissions, I was always polite and even as- kissed because I want people to come back or tell their friends about me. You know? Plus, it's just common courtesy. That's how I made friends. I never wanted to make friends with people who were just constantly kissing up to me because they want my art, free art, favoritism, gold or something from me in general. You know? I would never trust anyone who kisses up to me for that reason! xd From fear of being used or ulterior motives.

And those shops had little "clicks" and everything. No one would talk to you or acknowledge you if you were new. They would be rude or just blatantly ignore you. It was...annoying. lol

yea I hate it when people disregard you because they don't know you e.e

I see a lot of stuck up buyers and artists often, tho. I just avoid them >_>

And I dont really do art freebies, so people dont try and get on my good side for art because I make it really clear I wont do freebs lol (Keeps the greedy people away )

Ilfarmis's Waifu

Spoopy Star

28,290 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Cool Cat 500
Azazielle
it was for someone else smile
from my bribe shop lol
i got 7b for it razz

omgosh, congratulations! gonk
That's great! whee heart
So, does that mean you were able to get a new tablet after all? 4laugh

Ilfarmis's Waifu

Spoopy Star

28,290 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Cool Cat 500
Azazielle
anyone know where i can find the boa ....seem pretty expensive in the market lol thought it was a item you can find in store.

The boa? You mean Bao? The old item you would put on your hair? The two little "chun li" buns? xd

Ilfarmis's Waifu

Spoopy Star

28,290 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Cool Cat 500
WanderingSketchPad

And I dont really do art freebies, so people dont try and get on my good side for art because I make it really clear I wont do freebs lol (Keeps the greedy people away )

Yeah... It sucked. I have only ever had that happened to me maybe 3 times my entire life on Gaia! rofl I always just laugh it off.

I am trying to do the same now. But, I was still in the "GAIA IS GREAT! I LOVE GAIA" phase when I went on my 8 month Hiatus. Then I came back and everything was in the billions and the gold cap was reached and then higher and all this other crazy stuff was going on... I was so confused! @A@;;

LOL! Very good point! :O I don't sell my art because I don't feel it is worth anything. I only do freebies. But, random ones. I won't even draw for friends when they ask. If I like someones avatar and I feel like drawing it...I will draw it. Plain and simple. I won't even tell the person either. I will just doodle, sketch, paint or whatever and send it in a PM randomly rofl heart I find those people appreciate it more than way as a surprise/gift! ; u; Plus, they should feel special because I don't draw for anyone! rofl Including myself. My art sucks, but its rare emotion_awesome

Eloquent Trash

VampireDraculina
WanderingSketchPad

Yeah... It sucked. I have only ever had that happened to me maybe 3 times my entire life on Gaia! rofl I always just laugh it off.

I am trying to do the same now. But, I was still in the "GAIA IS GREAT! I LOVE GAIA" phase when I went on my 8 month Hiatus. Then I came back and everything was in the billions and the gold cap was reached and then higher and all this other crazy stuff was going on... I was so confused! @A@;;

LOL! Very good point! :O I don't sell my art because I don't feel it is worth anything. I only do freebies. But, random ones. I won't even draw for friends when they ask. If I like someones avatar and I feel like drawing it...I will draw it. Plain and simple. I won't even tell the person either. I will just doodle, sketch, paint or whatever and send it in a PM randomly rofl heart I find those people appreciate it more than way as a surprise/gift! ; u; Plus, they should feel special because I don't draw for anyone! rofl Including myself. My art sucks, but its rare emotion_awesome

haha yea i've done that a few times xD
VampireDraculina
Azazielle
anyone know where i can find the boa ....seem pretty expensive in the market lol thought it was a item you can find in store.

The boa? You mean Bao? The old item you would put on your hair? The two little "chun li" buns? xd

i already got a new one yesterday 4laugh
and no i mean the snake lol

Ilfarmis's Waifu

Spoopy Star

28,290 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Cool Cat 500
Azazielle
VampireDraculina
Azazielle

Oh, okay! well, then no. No boa was sold in the gaia stores, I dont think...?
But, which one were you looking to buy? D:

Ilfarmis's Waifu

Spoopy Star

28,290 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Cool Cat 500
WanderingSketchPad
haha yea i've done that a few times xD

It's better that way, I think! whee heart
No expectations and stuff.
That way, if I dont follow through or finish it, they dont know and I wont have to tell them emotion_awesome
Or, I send it to them anyways and lie and say it was just a doodle/sketch! rofl
VampireDraculina
Azazielle
VampireDraculina
Azazielle

Oh, okay! well, then no. No boa was sold in the gaia stores, I dont think...?
But, which one were you looking to buy? D:

the one that ish in my Sig lol

Boa Constrictor

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out