Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I have been on the birth control called 'Yasmin' for two years.
After hearing all the controversy about it, the past few months
I had switched to Alesse(sp?). Now this month I got my period
for TWO WEEKS (still currently on it). It's really irritating and I
figure it's just because Alesse just is a lower dose than Yasmin.
So I want to switch back - can I do this over night? I mean take
Alesse last night, and then switch back to Yasmin tonight? I
still have some of my old packs that I never used up. HELP!
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Sorry...let me go take some pictures of it rolleyes

6,450 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
the reason why is cause it is a lower dose. and youve been taking it for a long time so switching will or...maybe not cause some people to react like you but every body is different.
your period is just regulating to match the new changes. but if your gonna switch back to yasmin then stay with it if it seems to be working for you.
Talk to your doctor before deciding switching back to your previous birth control. Its likely due to the switch, your body is trying to get accustomed to the new pills and will be a little temperamental until it gets used to the new pill.
Your body is just adjusting to the change, I would give it a couple months. I'm on Alesse I've been on it for at least 4 years, after switching from something else. Switching pills can cause these types of side effects. But after a month or two things should be back to normal. And personally I love Alesse, the only reason I would switch to anything else would be to go to an IUD.
The usual amount of time for a new BC you're taking (Especially after such a long commitment to Yasmin) is about three months. So this isn't abnormal for your body to be reacting this way, so maybe tough it out until the three months is up, if it doesn't work you can always switch back. You can switch it over night...as long as you don't miss a day its not really a huge problem. But I suggest using up the rest of your months prescription before you make rash decisions.
I know periods suck, BC is supposed to make our lives better when it comes to that (and oopsies in the bed). But stick it out a little longer...if you period persists I suggest seeing a doctor.
Im currently switching from one brand to another, and my doctor said to finish the last strip and then immediately start the strip from the new BC.

I suggest either stopping or finishing it first...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff