Welcome to Gaia! ::

@ OP: Although you clearly got ridiculously off-track in your own post, I strongly agree with your original sentiment.

In the end, the social "need" does NOT justify it.

8,200 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
tuxkatz6
The problem in my opinion is that it's too easy to get and keep a license. I think that one shouldn't be able to drive until the age of 18. I also think everyone should have to retake the full driving exam every 5-10 years. Beyond that, if someone has too many driving penalties, they should have their licenses revoked. Drunk driving should result in one permanently losing their right to drive. Other distractions should receive harsher penalties than they do.

I agree that it's too easy to get a license, but I disagree that it's about age. Driving has everything to do with experience. Sure, when you're older you're more likely to give your full attention and take driving seriously, but then again that's because of the way we handle youth in our society.

It's a total waste of time to spend 3 months, 4 days out of the week, sitting in a classroom being taught "how to drive." Students need to be out and actually behind the wheel being taught the experience of driving. Instead we have them do their written work, take some test that they only need a grade of 80 something and above to pass, hand them their slip saying they passed and allowing those students to get their permit. Which there parents may or may not help them with their 6 months worth of experience until they're allowed to then go get their license. Taking only one driving test which somehow proves they're capable of driving on their own.

I find it incredibly flawed, and no wonder we have so many accidents, especially with young people. They really aren't being taught how to handle daily driving. If you want anybody, of any age, to drive correctly, they need to have the experience on the road with all the other crazy drivers. No written test is going to prepare anyone for that world properly.
Marijunna causes car accidents. The inhalation of smoke can cause lung cancer. Yeah sooo much safer...
I love this post op heart heart rofl

Unfortunately I have to take the bus. But at least its a slow moving bus?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff