Welcome to Gaia! ::

I'm planning out a human/robot world. It's something akin to the Reploid/Maverick status of the Megaman series.

However, as much as I want to use Reploid and Maverick I can't call the two different robot subspecies that in my book.

I need new names for them.

One name for the normal humanoid robots and another for the infected humanoid robots.

The world setting is steampunk / cybernetic where half of the world is inciting a war against the robots in order to return to the time of alchemy and sorcery because they fear the scientific advancements that have been uprising.

Thanks.

(I hope this is where this post is allowed to go)

Also, I need some other help as well.

One of the MC's is going to be faced with a war from a neighboring continent against her own. She is going to try to stand up and stop this war but ultimately fail.

The setting is steampunk cybernetic and she leaves her home continent Europa, where the brass and ironworks and forging takes place at the core of the planet, for Ganymede, a seafaring ship producing continent, because Europa is going to seal itself off from the rest of the world and she wants nothing more than to be a Ship Navigator. I see her dying a heroic yet tragic death as in she finally becomes a sea navigator while trying to stop the war and is killed or something.

Ideas for a really tragic yet amazing death that would spark an uprising against the war?

If you need more backstory please ask. smile

Thanks so much.

Unbeatable Phantom

8,750 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Champion 300
Anamatons and Comatons, perhaps?

For a tragic yet inspiring death... perhaps she uses her ship to block an attack? I'm not sure which would be better: her being in the military and stopping an attack on civilians, or her being a civilian ship blocking an attack on her people's military or militia.

*shrug*

That's all I got for now.
Good luck! ^_^

Wealthy Tycoon

7,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Regular 100
The Normal Humanoid: Sarko - the Greek meaning for flesh
The Infected Humanoid: Agnoso - I derived the word from the Greek root "Ag" meaning "To Lead" and "Noso" which means "Diseased". So the Agnoso would translate to "To Lead, Diseased" or "I Lead, Diseased".
Just a few thoughts, I could probably come up with a few more if you don't like these though.
Roi Rouille
The Normal Humanoid: Sarko - the Greek meaning for flesh
The Infected Humanoid: Agnoso - I derived the word from the Greek root "Ag" meaning "To Lead" and "Noso" which means "Diseased". So the Agnoso would translate to "To Lead, Diseased" or "I Lead, Diseased".
Just a few thoughts, I could probably come up with a few more if you don't like these though.

That would be cool but what needs to be named are robotic factions that are humanoid looking. Not humanoids themselves.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff