Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tiny Shapeshifter

Fractale
trying to. but it's really early for me, so my brain may not be all here. You;ll have to forgive me. at least I didn't post and run. so this does seem like discussion to me. as Ians shop it now, yes, it could be worthless to the Don. but it could be turned into some place for smuggled goods or whatever the dark elves deal with, to be stashed, without Ian being any the wiser.
I seeeee... You're forgiven for now, lol. It be nice if something like this was to happen. Ian going badass evil would be a nice change of pace. True true. Rufus in the shop did say at some point that he wouldn't tell the secrets behind the Boutique shop's way of getting supplies. Actually, I'm more interested in the history behind Rufus and Ian's "other" family. It kinda died after the Trial since the story mostly revolved around Gambinos back then. Now that Johnny's gone... ninja
Fractale
Overslept
Except Ian reviled his vampiric heritage, using drugs to repress it and hiding from the vampires until Zhigavo found him, why would he embrace it now? On the other hand Ian seemed to despise his fathers actions and decision to attack gaians more than vampires at large, and in the end he didn't take the permanent cure, though Moira didn't give him much of a chance, and while Louie was the one who agreed to take up the reins as head of the Von Helsons hes kind of been appearing a lot in the manga loafing around, while Ian hasn't really been appearing much at all. I guess its plausible, but there needs to be a missing piece explaining Ians fall from levity into bitterness and hatred.

That, and an explanation of why he said this "Gambino and I never got along, but deep down he was a decent man."
he doesn't have to embrace it. For all I know, he could've just suggested that he wanted something bad to happen to the Gambino's for all they did, and the Don took it from there; assuming that Ian wanted to kill the big G's, and looked into Ian family's records to see that Zhivago was a good fit for the job. Ian wouldn't have to know who's handling the dirty work, so long as they got it done.
Cordells conversation with Zhigavo seems to imply that the Don is out of sorts and losing control, I don't see why he would be that aggrovated if he was just casually taking out the Gambino's through a misinterpretation of something said by a guy he barely knows. Besides the Gambino's are a big deal and Ian is next to nobody, the motivation doesn't match the crime. She even goes so far as to say "This isn't some hillbilly feud, this is serious" referring to the feud between the Gambino's and the Von Helson's which arguably has much more weight than a mild distaste held by Ian, and yet even that feud apparently pales in comparison to the real reason. Then we have the investment in the job Don shows by enslaving Zhigavo with that shocking glove that can't be removed until he kills Gino, this is obviously more important than a minor favor.

Lonely Survivor

Fractale
Neko SailorYue
the ian trial was before my time... what happenecdwith the whole 'johnny took it away 'thing?
basically- the store was on Gambino isle ad run for a long time by Ian's family, but the time came when his dad entrusted the store to Ian, but there was something in the deed that had gone wrong, and Meredith had to take the shop away, under Gambino's orders.
wait, BARTON boutiquie was on gambino island?? sweatdrop

Distinct Explorer

Yen Quest
Fractale
trying to. but it's really early for me, so my brain may not be all here. You;ll have to forgive me. at least I didn't post and run. so this does seem like discussion to me. as Ians shop it now, yes, it could be worthless to the Don. but it could be turned into some place for smuggled goods or whatever the dark elves deal with, to be stashed, without Ian being any the wiser.
I seeeee... You're forgiven for now, lol. It be nice if something like this was to happen. Ian going badass evil would be a nice change of pace. True true. Rufus in the shop did say at some point that he wouldn't tell the secrets behind the Boutique shop's way of getting supplies. Actually, I'm more interested in the history behind Rufus and Ian's "other" family. It kinda died after the Trial since the story mostly revolved around Gambinos back then. Now that Johnny's gone... ninja
It's the Don's deals. I knew it
now that you mention it, I would like to see light shed on Ian and Rufus's family. There were other talking cats beside Rufus- all of them owned by Ian's relatives. I'm curious as to why these talking cats chose to stay with Ian's family through generations, and not just stray off somewhere.
but that also opens up the questions- what about Bob, the talking cat in Gaia's new animated Opening? What about the talking Sky Cats in Monster Galaxy? What about Jet? How do they tie in with Rufu's claim to being the last talking cat?

4,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
hey hey hey, don't be too quick to judge people on niceness, or just because their a doofus. Push someone too far, and make them break, and they'll just go batshit nuts.
I don't think the Don would want wealth from Ian. Dude seems plenty rich enough, if you ask me.
Ian could be clueless to what his end of the bargain was, if the Don didn't tell him. Maybe his shop will end up being taken from him again, since that's pretty much all he has. but that might circle back around to Ian finding someone stronger to kill Luca.

4,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Dark elfs????? interesting

Barton Sweetheart

Neko SailorYue
Fractale
Neko SailorYue
the ian trial was before my time... what happenecdwith the whole 'johnny took it away 'thing?
basically- the store was on Gambino isle ad run for a long time by Ian's family, but the time came when his dad entrusted the store to Ian, but there was something in the deed that had gone wrong, and Meredith had to take the shop away, under Gambino's orders.
wait, BARTON boutiquie was on gambino island?? sweatdrop

I second a when was this question?

Seeing the new elven stuff in the shop makes me wonder going along with the line of thought about Dark Elf's trying to kill Gino trail of thought. We have Ian say him and Gambino didn't get on, now to me this could because of the taking of the family shop AND he may see Gambino the reason his mum died so he could have gone to the elves to sort the Gambino family out because of his mums death at what he sees their hands. The thing the Elf's may seem to have gotten a clothes deal but is this all? could they gain say the Gambino wealth what happens to it if both of them are dead what is to gain from Gino been dead as well as Gambino. Money or control of something we can't even begin to think about.

Sparkly Wizard

10,725 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
  • Novice Mage 100
Fractale
Neko SailorYue

Yeah, this is what happened during the trial of Ian. However, this was also before it was revealed he was a vampire and part of the Von Helsons...

Why would Ian still despise Gambino for taking away his family story in Gambino Isle when his family is the Von Helsons who historically lived in Durem? That's a plot hole. At this point in the story, Ian was still a human and they needed some kind of motive for him to kill Gambino. Zhivago was the sniper, as it turned out later.

Your theory requires an assumption of plot continuity, which is silly. Gaia doesn't care about what's happened already.

Witty Wrangler

11,050 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Elocutionist 200
OMG Ian did did not kill Johnny Gambino! Zhivago killed him! And FYI, it's my kind who's after Gino!

Golden Girl

25,150 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Pie Scarface 150
Silly, oblivious Sasha. Y u cause so much trubble girl?

But seriously, I doubt Ian's in on it. He called Gambi a "decent man". Unless he's lying to cover his butt.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff