Welcome to Gaia! ::

Talk about character concepts that you've wanted to play, but haven't got the chance to yet.

Myself...
I want to play a Pathfinder Cowboy using the Ranger Class and Pathfinder Revolver.
Haven't been able to because for that I would need to start at around level 7 to be able to afford the gun, and my group likes to start from level 1.

Dedcadent Pants

My favorite ones are Maid characters, sadly.

One of them was an quiet elf eared vampire who was a candidate for a Call of Cthulhu setting Maid game, but was passed up (most likely because of the vampire characteristic). She would have been a blast to play, because I would have thrown all of the traditional vampire flaws on her except the corpse and ugliness part (she's in an anime; the worst she can be is cute sweatdrop ).

The other one, my absolute favorite, was a Sexy/Pure succubus cat-girl who was short and totally clueless about sexuality, yet had the Power of Friendship. To make matters even funnier, she was working for her master for business - due to her cluelessness, said business would have been equivalent to a girl who works at a grocery store (Treading Ground's grocery store excluded). The kicker? She was completely rolled up by an automated roller. I picked out nothing for her but her name.
Eventually I'm going to get to actually play in a D&D 4th Ed game instead of running one. At that point I think I'm going to give my Shadar-kai Avenger who serves the Raven Queen a spin. She'll be slightly off-kilter in a creepy way and be ruthlessly efficient at killing undead and laughing maniacally.

This image I just found online a bit ago is actually pretty close to my mental picture of her.

User Image

The sword is a little big I think as I want to have a scene or two where she flashes it around gracefully in a one-handed fashion. Maybe pirouetting through enemies in a cacophony of gore....
Ya know... when it comes to 4th Ed,
My initial feelings about it was that it blew the hardest chunks of anything I'd ever played.
However the more I play it, the more I enjoy it.
I'm at the point now where it's tolerable.

The only class I've played that I've actually enjoyed playing,
was the Warlord.
Though this is because I like to play support classes.
And I tell ya...
nothing makes a teammate smile harder than when you say to him.
"Tell ya what, Instead of me attacking, you my friend... Mr. Fighter with the big "******** OFF!" sword...
You can attack for me, and while your at it... add +5 to everything.
Go ahead, this rounds on me."
Oh I am head over heels in love with the Avenger class. It has all the parts I ever wanted from the Figther, Paladin, and Rogue toy-boxes. Same with the Raven Queen. Before 4th Ed. I never really much cared which deities my characters served. But then 4th Ed came out and I feel hard for the Winter Mistress.
Banshi
Oh I am head over heels in love with the Avenger class. It has all the parts I ever wanted from the Figther, Paladin, and Rogue toy-boxes. Same with the Raven Queen. Before 4th Ed. I never really much cared which deities my characters served. But then 4th Ed came out and I feel hard for the Winter Mistress.

I play mainly Pathfinder now,
I believe it to be superior to any other system.
3nodding

Though my honest opinion about 4th Ed...

4th Ed should be used to introduce people into table top Role playing.
and then once they feel like they've got the hang of it,
they should move to 3.5 or Pathfinder.
(probably pathfinder first, since you won't have to re-learn 3.5 if you do that)

But I'm glad to hear that you found stuff that works for you.
I have the same feelings about Bards.
Once I discovered them, I found MY CLASS.
Yeah 3.X (and by extension Pathfinder as well) just wasn't a good fit for me. When 3rd Ed first came around I gave it a try and then mostly dropped D&D from my RPG cycle in favor of other games until 4th came around.
Banshi
Yeah 3.X (and by extension Pathfinder as well) just wasn't a good fit for me. When 3rd Ed first came around I gave it a try and then mostly dropped D&D from my RPG cycle in favor of other games until 4th came around.

I've dabbled around in a few other games...

Shadowrun
World of Darkness,

I even played some Role Master.
Pathfinder is still my favorite.
I gave Mouse Guard a spin and found it to be freaking hilarious! I was a cute little patrol mouse trainee who fought with a fishing hook and line. Always trying to be brave, no matter the danger. It was all the rest of the patrol could do to keep me from charging straight into a snake's mouth or trying to lasso a mole.....

Dedcadent Pants

Banshi

Same, though I simply haven't bothered to pick up the D&D line again. For that matter, most systems I play now are those you can pretty much pick up and run within 15 minutes or less. Tells you how much time my group(s) have to play, doesn't it?
LiaThistle
Banshi

Same, though I simply haven't bothered to pick up the D&D line again. For that matter, most systems I play now are those you can pretty much pick up and run within 15 minutes or less. Tells you how much time my group(s) have to play, doesn't it?

Maybe I'm a little spoiled in that sense...
As my group plays once a week every week,
For 10 hours strait.
sweatdrop

Noon-10pm every Sunday.
Oh, I got another one! I always wanted to play a Russian immigrant in Deadlands who was a Huckster and was working as a spy for the North.

6,250 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
I wanted to play a soul knife/ninja, (possibly gestalt though I could live with multiclass). I even bought THE perfect fig for her too. sad But the game fell apart before I could join.
metalmariogc
I wanted to play a soul knife/ninja, (possibly gestalt though I could live with multiclass). I even bought THE perfect fig for her too. sad But the game fell apart before I could join.

I had a player play a soulknife Rogue once,
It was gestalt.
She enjoyed herself.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out