Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Dabbler

Ooc: all others better get posting while we still have Thrustin's attention!!! Lol He may dissappear again.

Omnipresent Lunatic

8,825 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
The woman slowly turns her gaze to Verelus. "My name isn't really Somer." she says, her voice low. "Much of my life was a lie, and I am apparently the destroyer of worlds." Her usually bright eyes are dull, half closed, and her posture is one of utter defeat. "Not knowing who you are does not make you very talkative."

Nakisisa crawls into her lap in the form of a small cat. She strokes him, her mind drifting far away again. Maybe saying that was unwise, but she couldn't muster the energy to lie or make small talk.

Wheezing Codger

"The sacrificial maiden?," he smirked, "aren't we passed the age of savages?" his voice low, calming and somewhat intimate. After a brief chuckle, he brushed the hair from his face, took a sip of the wine and prodded for more information. "So then, why you? If the Northerners issued out such a hefty price for you to be 'returned' to them alive, is it right to assume you've stolen something from them? Or know something they don't?"

He put his wine down on the table and pushed himself from the edge, now kneeling before her. "Help me make a case to keep you here, with me. We work through this... together," he smiled, sincerity pouring from the smile as he looked up into her eyes.

Wheezing Codger

IC for Somer:
Stoic remembered what he saw in those dreams, at least, he had thought of them as dreams. He put his gloved hand to his face, trying to recollect all of the events that happened during that night, but having substantial trouble remembering most of any of them. How much did he reveal that night?

He glanced back over to Somer, perhaps it would best to let her be with her thoughts. When they arrive at the festival, there maybe they could cheer her up with some tasty spirits and energizing music, but for now...

Verelus strummed on his lute, starting off with a whistle, then followed into a single string plucks until the music started pouring out from his wooden instrument. In an effort to cheer her up on this sunny afternoon.

"Well we all have a face that we hide away forever,
And we take them out and show ourselves when everyone has gone.
Some are satin some are steel, some are silk and some are leather,
they're the faces of the stranger but we love try them on."

He closed his eyes, Stoic and Felicia turning to Verelus as he leaned back on the side of the wagon's cabin, lute in his lap.

"Well, we all fall in love, but we disregard the danger.
Though we share so many secrets, there are some we never tell.
Why were you so surprised that you never saw the stranger?
Did you ever let your friends see the stranger in yourself?"

"Don't be afraid to try again. Everyone goes south, every now and then, OOooOo!
They've done it, why can't someone else?
You should know by now, you've been there yourself."

"You may never understand how the stranger is inspired, but she isn't always evil, and she is not always wrong. Though you drown in good intentions, you will never quench the fire. You'll give in to your desires when the stranger comes along...."

Dapper Dabbler

Adia found herself leaning in as he knelt down infront of her. Taking a brief moment to take in his scent. It was intoxicating. Making her heart rush and head dizzy like a giddy virgin with her first love. caution! her head tried to scream at her. She pushed back against the chair getting as far away from him as possible.
"I havent taken anything."
It was taking everything sje had not to reach out and touch him. Touch anything, his clothes, his hair, his skin...
"What have you done to me?"

Wheezing Codger

IC for Lyl:
Success. Judging from the amount of time it took for her to start showing symptoms, she must have had a tolerance for it, either that or it was all sheer will power. Either or just made her even more unique to him.

Having done this many times in the past, it wouldn't be long now before her secrets, if any, were his - among other things. With her level of tolerance, he gauged maybe only 30 or so minutes before she would pass out. Plenty of time to get to know her.

"Come now, Adia. You're intelligent, mysterious, deadly and absolutely gorgeous. All the traits I look for in a woman. What have I done to you?" he took her hand in his, "I think you're mistaken. What have you done to me?"

With a light kiss to the back of her hand, her skin feeling red hot on his lips, he looked up at her, those deep purple eyes of hers showing both amour and terror. He gently rose and walked around her, taking off both gloves and tossing them to the floor. He stopped behind her and gently laid his hands atop her shoulders, whispering into her ear, "go ahead, pick them up," both of them now facing his desk with her bone like batons in tact on top. "Show me what you can do..."

Dapper Dabbler

That simple touch sent almost numbing vibes down to her fingertips. She placed her cheek against one of his hands. She reached behind her and in one lightning quick movement she grabed the hilt to his sword, pulled it free while standing and turning to face him. With his sword in one hand she sliced her other arm, exposing a river of blood.
Once Willhelm took his sword back she walked over to his desk and picked up one of the bones laying there. As soom as her flesh touched it a rush of power filled the room, all the blood that flowed out of her veins headed towards the bone. Aa she picked it upnthe blood became more solid, braiding itself to form an intricate blade. The magic used it all. Not a drop was left on the captains floor. After the blade was finished she slowly turned. A dark smile placed on her lips.
Twerling the now sword in her hand the cut on her arm healed. "Its sharp enough to decapitate in one swift swing."

Wheezing Codger

IC for Lyl:
Willhelm covered his eyes as the pulse of energy flew about the room, sending his papers flying to the floor. As the wave dissipated, he slid his sword back into his sheath, watching her twirl her blood saber around her fingers like it was nothing. Although she gave him the warning, he slowly approached her, that dreadful yet delightful trigger setting his all too familiar obsession with possessing things of interest.

One step led to two, which led to three until he was right in front her, gently pushing her back against the table, knowing fully well of her tolerance and the slight chance she wouldn't pass out, but instead strike him down.

His gloveless fingers drew themselves from her collarbone up to her chin, turning her face to his before laying those Willhelm lips over hers, his other arm wrapping around her waist as he felt her body, fiery with desire, begin to melt. Perhaps the drugs were working and perhaps his plan to both make contact with her while also spiking her heart pace so that she would pass out was a success, but for a split second, he didn't care.

OOC: (//∇//)

Dapper Dabbler

No!
thr voice in her head was screaming while her body seemed to give into Willhelm. Her magic broke, the blood blade disintegrating back into wild magic. The bone in her hand fell to the ground as she went to shove her one hand into his hair. Grabbing a fist full of hair both in passion and in attempts to fight him. Her heart pounded in her chest, making her light headed as she slowly lost conscientiousness.
After a few brief moments she fell limp in his arms. Out cold.

Romantic Lover

Ryu sighed after he over heard Somer. Almost at their location he decided to wait before he talked with her, that way if needed they could have some privacy. He turned his attention back to the old man. "Dragnier; A name meaning home of the dragons. Though I only know that because it is written in stories. My lineage is as you guessed it, but the problem would be how you know this. This place has a familiar feeling to it sure, but it is definitely not my home. So their are only two options to explain this. You are not from here, or you are this places version of us. The later would be my guess since you know that name."

The caravan had finally reached their destination, just ahead of the was the entrance to the city. Ryu brought the caravan to a slow and steady pace as they entered the city. "I'll let you and the troupe deal with the rest, since i have no idea where you can set up or anything related to the show."

Sayuri still laid asleep in the caravan she began to stir, in the mean time she tightly grabbed onto Luna's tail and began to squeeze; a nightmare. "No.. stay away." the little girl said quietly in her sleep.

(OOC: Yeah Neon that place is no where near us, technically. You could call it a dream/vision though. That will be revealed soon enough too. To be honest i forgot the details of this city since so long passed. I'll have to leave it to whoever created it.)
(Okay, that sounds fair! Neon's kind of bardic, I can easily see him having random visions. x3 Thanks guys!)

Neon drunk in the salty breeze, openly greeting its familiar embrace like a mother's arms. If he could shut his eyes for a moment, it'd almost feel like home again. Even Verelus' bardic rhyme felt at home in his daydream, for even its dated rhyme reached out from the universe and spoke to him. The man had a way with words.

Whence the ground turned smooth, Neon took it as his cue to regretfully sober up. He often shied from daydreams; unlike normal people, his returns to reality were always long and painful, denying all of what he wished could be, and instead not the hell the Mad King had turned his life into. It was almost always an invitation to take his own life, to return to the ones he loved, but an accursed indomitable will always managed to convince him to carry on.

Burrowing back into the wagon, he nearly stepped over the slumbering Sayuri, but could not deny her pleas for help. Getting down on his knees, he caressed her hair in an effort to quell her nightmare.
"What's she dreaming?" Neon asked Luna, recalling how they hadn't been bound to the dreamscape long enough to step into her mind. "It sounds terrible." Her sleeping patterns mirrored his own.

Wheezing Codger

OOC: +_+ Neon, you like Billy Joel? Hahaha! Yes, everyone, those are Billy Joel lyrics. Fantastic song. *swoons* Ryu - I gotchu for the description of the town! Let me lead this one, people! After my second post, I'll disappear for another 6 months, so no worries! LOL! Side note, thank you for teaching me how to spell Troupe! I kept going "Troope" and it kept telling me I was wrong... so I was like.. what the hell is the word I'm looking for...

IC for er'one:
As Ryu brought the caravan to the checkpoint, the old man flashing the patron badge and the guard checking the cart, peering in and then making his way to the front.

With a smile, "so this is the second half of the Cirque De Troupe, eh? Ha! We're expecting some good stuff tonight, the wife and I have our tickets!!"

A stressed laugh and the old man responded, "you'll be surprised, we have some great stuff lined up for the next 9 months. Get there early!"

"Will do," he waved them through and Ryu pulled the cart around and gave old man Tharold the reins. Tharold pulled the horses and the caravan to the side of the street, then turning to Ryu with a smile.

"The former, I'm assuming you and I are from the same realm, maybe... from different eras." He looked straight ahead, eyes falling to the backside of the horses. "These continents, Ryu... their maps are almost identical to ours. This world is our home." He rubbed his jaw, "But, I've visited Dragnier, or rather where it should have been, but there was no sign of a civilization. Ever."

With a few light coughs, he continued. "Decades have passed. The only thing I can remember were the flames during the Dark Dragon Clan's raid that day." With a sigh, he turned behind him, the troupe too close to continue. "Ah.. listen to this old man babble. If you're interested, come see me after the play tonight." He left Ryu with a smile and a pat on the shoulder before hopping off the bench and onto the streets. Putting his hands back side, "Owowowow," he moaned as he straightened up, every disk in his back popping into place.

"Whew! Alright, everyone out! Verelus, I don't know where the theatre is.. you drive." Peering into the back of the caravan.

--------------------------

Stoic rolled to his knees, then up to his feet and peered out of the canvas sheeting that covered the top of the wagon, the light hitting his eyes hard.

A magnificent yet almost outlandish sight came into view, just as his eyes adjusted to the sun's rays. [Description of the interior of Allantus] Stoic looked back down the path we came, a giant draw bridge from the outside world, which, when retracted, giant metal and wooden gates would close, sealing the magnificent hull air tight. From the bridge, an inclined road led to the leveled surface where buildings, houses, the market place resides (where they were now).

Stoic hopped out and looked down the other way of the street, the houses, all different colors, were lined up like a city. In the distance, there were much larger buildings, churches, event halls and dirt and stone, just as if they were in a normal city.

"Maps! Guests, please don't hesitate to grab a map!"

How convenient. But you figure, with all of these new citizens and tourists for the festival, it made sense. Stoic grabbed a map, pulling the straps of his bag over his shoulders. "Hmmm"

The city looked like a perfect circle. Where they came in from was the front of the ship, pointed towards land, while the back of the ship looked to be the docks/cargo zone which operated on a massive lock like system (similar to the panama canal). In this way, the water within the bay would stay the same while Allantus would use the lock like system to bring ships from the outside waters to the inside waters and have them dock, while still keeping float. Seemed like the level that they were on was much higher than the docks, so they would need to take a series of elevators or some serious stair cases in order to get there. To Stoic, this meant there must have been even more to the down below "deck," so to speak. But on highest deck, where the sun could get to you, it looked like a normal city. (This is what I'm thinking *CLICK*).

At center, the city made way to a much more open town square, like a park even.

"Ah yeah," Verelus pointed out, stabbing the map with his finger, "this is where we should be," looking up at Stoic.

"So, later tonight, we will make our way to the city's center."

"Prefecto!" Felicia, making the OK sign with her fingers said as she popped out. "Thanks for the company, we'll see you then!" she nodded as she and Verelus made it to the front.

Stoic looked around, already feeling somewhat exhausted although it was only early afternoon, "Alright, sounds good," he said while trying to help everyone out of the caravan.

OOC: Jesus... sorry about that guys. Just... look at the picture.

Greedy Lunatic

User Image

A flinch and a cringe as Sayuri tightened her grip around Luna's black tail, Luna now on her knees digging her nails into the wooden floor of the caravan. "Pour..quoi?!?!" she groaned in her mother tongue, literal translation being 'why.' After a few seconds of trying to endure the child's nightmare, let alone that nightmarish grip, those tiny fingers started loosening, reduced down enough for Luna to pull her tail from Sayuri without moving her. Holding her own tail, she sent short, soft blows to her palms, letting the pain slowly dissipate as if she was putting out a fire before hearing the voice of the new comer, almost forgetting that he was with them.

Her azure tinted eyes shot to him, eyebrows raised, ears perked, "Eh?" sitting back on her heels, lightly massaging her poor tail. "Je ne suis pas.. oum--" she paused, looking off to the side for a moment a bit embarrassed, the sudden pain followed by an unfamiliar, yet confusingly familiar voice causing her to forget where she was. "I... I have no idea," she replied, tilting her head, looking at the man curiously for a moment before hearing Professor Tharold call out to the group, the caravan halting. After a moment of blatant staring, Neon's eyes glanced up to hers causing Luna to quickly turn her attention to something else... which happened to be Verelus... who was also blatantly staring at her. But, unlike her, he didn't avert his eyes, but instead smiled and winked.

"...."

She quickly gathered her things, her breast plate, gauntlets and grieves which were neatly placed together like pieces in a puzzle and tied securely by one of her belts, her utilities, wallet, and her main dagger tied to her other belt, neatly fastened to her waist. If she was anything, it was organized.

Without a word, she quickly hopped out of the back of the caravan, pushing the scratchy canvas/burlap material out of the way and safely landing on the road outside, her heeled boots clapping against the stone. With a deep breath, she took in the sights, the smells, the air, the breeze - after the cramped transport, it's all she could have wanted. The early afternoon sun hitting her exposed skin was revitalizing, yet her tight dark colored clothing, typically worn under her armor, was getting heated fairly quickly. Her mind immediately switched to consumer mode.

"Woo!" she bellowed, doing a few quick stretches before making her way to Stoic. "If we have time, why not go see the market?" she casually mentioned, yet... not so casually.

Romantic Lover

Ryu climbed down, then preceded to the back of the caravan where the others are gathering. "Just like the stories, The Dragon War..."

::There was a third option old timer.. It was least likely but seemingly more plausible now. I checked for myself too, my home... Does not exist here in any form.::

Ryu leaned against the Caravan and watched Luna as she stretched and switched to consumer mode. "Embarrassed Kitten, was quite cute. Heard the entire exchange back there. I can definitely understand why everyones eyes are on you though." He smirked at Luna, then reached into the caravan to poke at Sayuri trying to wake her. He over heard her too... and knew exactly what she was dreaming of.. Eventually he will have to let the other know of her origin.

Sayuri stirred and sat up, still not quite awake. She rubbed her eyes, though they still weren't open. She mumbled quietly.

::I know its been rough Sayuri, thanks for sleeping like that to conserve energy.::

::It must have been tough on you to keep this up so long.::

::It is nothing... It's time I take this seriously theres no need to hold back::

The conversation no one else could here ended, but while it was going on Ryu had looked over at Somer, then back to Luna. "I agree with the Kitten though, some wandering around in the markets wouldn't be a bad idea to relax."

((OOC: I applaud you for learning a bit about Ryu's origins, but to burst your bubble i spent a lot of time creating my own world separated from the originals only using the base lore and the clans . Keep going though i can keep doing this with the old man. XP))

Wheezing Codger

Ooc: DAMN IT! I read all the Wikipedias to make that work. All of the wikis! I even watched the intro videos... *falls to knees* *cries*

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff